• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Pokefan32, maybe you should just talk to Jared. It doesn't matter what the people in your class think, so long as Gabriel knows you're just mates and Jared knows that too.
    I know it probably gets on your nerves what the other people are saying, but it's not really worth compromising your friendship for, I'm guessing.

I did talk to Jared on our last day of school and I guess he knows I like him now and he likes me but he says he just wants to be friends. And I told him about Gabriel and he was cool with that. Thanks

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Probably not all too bad of a problem to complain about, but...

Alright, I am going to be a Sophomore when school comes around. I got a boundary acceptance to a good school, and I barely ever get into good schools. So, some may think I got it all set up, but heres the problem.

I am a person of dark attire. I will be going to a school of preps. And, oh god, when it comes to preps, I am the biggest freaking stereotypical ass whole. The first snob that complains about how I dress gets one darned good fist across the face. Now we all know that won't be good since I had to get a boundary acceptance to get into this school >_>

So, I do need some advice not to fly off the handle.

EDIT: And, sorry if this has offended you if you are a prep. This is not an attack to all preps, just the ones in my state... The ones in my state are real jerks >_>
    My best advice would be to ignore them. Dress the way you want. And be who you want, and don't let their opinions bother you or make you mad. It's not worth the energy.
    So when this happens, ignore what they say, or take a deep breath and kill them with kindness. Give them a nice compliment. It will surprise them and throw them off guard. In the long run, you will get left alone, you will feel better, and you won't be in trouble for flying off the handle. I hope that helps you! :3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    (sigh) My problem is that i have trouble when i post a thread. Mine always end up closed. I guess what i'm tryin to say is that i can never figure out how to post a thread where it will not end up closed, will not seem completely stupid,and make it so that someone will actually look at it.
    The Problem is your threads ain't following the rules. I know they zuck but their important, maybe you should've joined earlier with lotso luck and you could've survived and matured. And why are you posting now if you only got 2 closed threads?

Be careful to not look noob, because the first impression is important.. being gramatically correct helps.
    Scrap first impression. If you get banned everyone will forget you and you can start a new life matured Well, at least that's what happened to me...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Alright, I am going to be a Sophomore when school comes around. I got a boundary acceptance to a good school, and I barely ever get into good schools. So, some may think I got it all set up, but heres the problem.

The thing about high school is that once you get there; the stereotypes start to vanish. I mean, I'm entering my third year in High School next year (Junior year) and I can honestly say, all of the stereotypes that they had in middle school are starting to slowly wear down. Although many people will disagree with me, some people from one group that is concidered high on the "student chain" start to hang around from people from a lower rank in the "student chain". Entering Sophomore year in high school is just wonderful; though it wasn't for me, since I had a lot of things going on in my life then.

When the end of that year comes around; people start to realize (within your grade) how idiotic cliques are and they start to actually respect (I know, shocking) one another. Although, this can vary from school to school; this is just what I have come to know from my own, personal, experiences. For you, it can be the quite opposite.

I am a person of dark attire. I will be going to a school of preps. And, oh god, when it comes to preps, I am the biggest freaking stereotypical ass whole. The first snob that complains about how I dress gets one darned good fist across the face. Now we all know that won't be good since I had to get a boundary acceptance to get into this school >_>

Now, when you say "school of preps" do you mean that you will be going to a prep school? That is, a private school. Or do you mean you're going to a public school that has a lot of preps in it? Tell us a little bit more about your situation; then it can be a lot easier to help you out because we know what's going on more clearly and we know what's going through your mind, aside from punching them in the face.

So, I do need some advice not to fly off the handle.

After reading that you're going to a new school alltogether, with new people alltogether; the best thing to do is to enter the school and be yourself. Though any idiot with a stick could tell you that, and I know for a fact you know that yourself. It is very hard to be yourself in a new school because you know how it was like in your old school, which was probably rough since you ended up being transfered in the end.

One thing you can do, is to laugh with them (or joke around). - It's basically like teasing them and will make you feel a bit better about being around them. When you joke around with them, their comments hurt less. You also get a little bit under their skin so you can really see what they are like. Who knows? Most preps end up giving up because most of them end up being complete idiots.

EDIT: And, sorry if this has offended you if you are a prep. This is not an attack to all preps, just the ones in my state... The ones in my state are real jerks >_>

Well, you can't be too sure about all of them. Surely there is one prep out in your state that has a mind of their own. After all, if you end up with one prep alone; you start to see they aren't all that bad. Where as, when you get them in a group (which is where they mainly are), you see how mean they can be. But they are just people. Like you. Like me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    -Waves- Hi there... I have a problem, and I really need some help with it

There's this girl at school Molly who irritates me until I react, when I do react (As in physical violence) she fake cries to my friends, she even admitted to me that it was fake, and nobody heard her D: So yeah, I get in trouble with the teachers, because whenever she annoys me, nobody is looking so all they see is my reaction. Then everyone gets angry at me, she fakes all her innocence, she gets sympathy and I get in trouble, shouting and physical violence back! She tells everyone her version of the story, that is all lies, and when I tell them the truth, they don't believe me!

And now my best friend from Great Bar is shouting at me because I said I had a bad day on MSN!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! HEEEELP!

Lash

Years
    @Lettersnnumbers:

Or do you mean you're going to a public school that has a lot of preps in it?
    A school that has a lot of preps in it, but luckily not 100% full.

Thanks for the advice, especially with joking around with them, my sarcastic side could come in handy :P

@YunaDances:

Thanks for the advice, like how its not worth the energy to let them anger me. Letting them get the worst in me would not be worth the trouble.

Once again, thanks, it did help me and I am pretty sure it will once August rolls around :3

Pikachu of Chaos™

..............Eh I got nothing
    Years
    I have a problem
    theres two girls at my school that i have a crush on.Everytime I time I try to talk to them,but i end up doing something stupid.what should i do?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I have a problem
    theres two girls at my school that i have a crush on.Everytime I time I try to talk to them,but i end up doing something stupid.what should i do?

See what THEY like, say they like... Pokemon, talk about Pokemon AROUND them, then they might come up and talk to you, then the conversation has started, and looking stupid is less likely to happen, also, if you do something stupid make a joke about it, say you fall over, get up and say 'I'm okay... I think' or something to make them laugh (Bad joke, I suggest not using that one, it's old, and all I can think of at the moment). Humor is what saves me most the time, like, I get bullied, a lot, but when they say something i'm just like 'Oh really?' situation over as they can't say anything back, and it sometimes makes people laugh.

But what do you mean by stupid? I just assumed, but you might mean something else. But if you do something stupid, just make a joke about it.

Try simple icebreakers to avoid awkward conversation starters, don't try any BAD pick-up lines, unless they find that sorta stuff funny.

Don't change the way YOU are though, if they like a type of person, and your not that type, then don't change, because if you do, the person they fell in love with isn't you, and that's bad.

I dunno what to do because I don't know who the people are, but in general, most people like funny, happy people, so just try to stay happy, as in, if they don't like you, then shrug it of and be happy with your friends, they might like you after that, or you might find someone else that you like if you stay optimistic!

Alright, I went a little offtopic then, but anyway, if you do something stupid, just shrug it off, and carry on, they most likely wont care too much, unless you make a big deal about it.

Well, thats all I have to say on this topic, but I might think of more stuff, and if I do, then I'll tell you! :3

~ xxx

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I think it's cute when a guy messes up a bit. That is, if he's not bragging of showing off. As you walk up, think of something to say and make sure you sound good. Remember to stay confident. Compliments are always nice, but make sure not to start out right away with one. It might cause problems to flirt with two girls at the same time, so try to get to know them a bit and 'choose.' You might like one more than the other and it'll be easier to focus your thoughts on one girl. Also, it's way better when a guy tries to be sweet instead of smooth. :)

I have a different problem... ants. Ugh, they're all over my kitchen. Just a few minutes ago, I killed twenty with a towel. My vacuum doesn't work and our house isn't the best. I have reason to believe it's not too hard for them to get in. My dad won't call an exterminator, even though we've had to get rid of a good amount of food because of the critters. We seal things as tightly as possible, but they still teem around the sink and on the floor. What's the best way to fight them? Is there something effective and affordable I can spray around the perimeter of my house? The solution has to be something a 13 year old girl can to, because my family doesn't seem to give a care.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    @MissMegano:
    There are some cheap sprays that you can buy at Wal-Mart. But I'm not sure how old you have to be to buy it.
    But if you are able to buy it, you will be spending your time spraying each ant. Takes a lot of time, but you well get rid of them sometime.
    If you can't buy them, you can try to get one of those sticky mouse things, and put a little sugar water in the middle. The ants will flock to the sweet water, and hopefully stick. That is about all I can think of. I hope it helped, and sorry I couldn't be more help.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    The sticky trap sounds like a good idea! I'll try it! It should be really effective if I put them in the right spots. They're all really in the same place, too, so it should be pretty easy.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I cannot believe I'm even here. But whatever. Ya so this kid got an award that I thought I deserved. I knew I should have gotten it deep down, and I feel so angry right now. My rational side, however, tells me how stupidly immature I'm being and how I'm really not thinking right. Even though I know how immature I am, I still can't shake the fact that I'm angry.

Basically I can't deal with this. Woohoo the cataclysmic post hits home.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    i probably have the most issuest problem here

what should i do to make this guy know that i'm intersted in him, i know he likes me too but i am afraid i'll mess up can u figure out of a way or a good thing to say so he knows that i'm intersted without saying a single word?

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I cannot believe I'm even here. But whatever. Ya so this kid got an award that I thought I deserved. I knew I should have gotten it deep down, and I feel so angry right now. My rational side, however, tells me how stupidly immature I'm being and how I'm really not thinking right. Even though I know how immature I am, I still can't shake the fact that I'm angry.

Aw, sis :(
    Well, you shouldn't feel bad for feeling angry. There's nothing wrong with being disappointed, especially if you've been looking forward to this. We all get jealous sometimes ;)

But on the other hand, you can't really ask them to give the award to you instead. You can only try to do better next time (if there is a next time). If I were you, I'd see what made this "kid" stick out so much. Don't, like, ask him, but just observe, I suppose xD

And if there isn't a next time, then... I don't know. Steal the award or something. :3

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years

Awww, it will get better in time. I've been there. I've worked my ass off for something, then get it handed to someone else. I was hurt, betrayed, and mad. But it does wear off. You know deep down you should have got it, and that is all that can be done. oh and *e-hug* Maybe that made you feel better ;D Keep trying, I'm sure you will get it next time.

what should i do to make this guy know that i'm intersted in him, i know he likes me too but i am afraid i'll mess up can u figure out of a way or a good thing to say so he knows that i'm intersted without saying a single word?
    You can't be afraid that you will mess up. If he likes you, he likes you and nothing will change that.
    I suggest from my years of experience, that you just tell him straight out. Just say "Hey, I think you are pretty cool. Would you mind going out sometime?"
    If that isn't your thing, you could sneak attack it in there. Like, if he asks how you are doing, you can say "I'm ok, but I would be a lot better if you were going on with me." It's cute, and I've seen it done.
    If you wanna go about it the quiet way, just flirt a little. Touch his arm when you talk to him, stuff like that.
    But most importantly, be yourself. And he will love it ;D

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Better not be me.

Err.. Well I must be a guy like him so I guess I can help you in this situation.

Well when I was in 4th grade I had a crush on this girl and just for being myself (angry, idiotic, stupid tantrumatic, supercalofragilisticexpialikiller.) I made her my friend. But Last year It looked like she liked me but ended up not. And now I know what I did wrong.

Mmm.. So what to say to him, if he has lots of friends that hang out "cool" a lot, I might not be much help, but if he's average or under, this should work.

• Boys LOVE girls that comment on exercise
    • Now to start a friendship with him, try to start small chat (How he likes this school/grade, How was the last school, virtually most of the stuff you ask, beleive it or not, small chat grows easily into friendship, hence that was the strategy I used on the girl I like.)
    • After building friendship, you can ask him his Phone #.
    • Try to buy Abercrombie clothes/perfume. May be expensive but it's worth it.
    • Try to find common points with each other.
    • Nerds LOVE girls that need technical help... *Whole school stares at me*
    • DO NOT ask him to a dance immidiatly after his knowledge of it, this is the point were you must overcome fears, go all out, the ask him IF he's comin to the dance
    • He may say : Yes but searching, Yes got one, No got no one, No I shouldn't bother.
    • Ask him out if it's looking good. If not, I'm sorry, chances got slim, but not impossible.
    • You shouldn't even have fears in the first place, at this age.
    • Did I mention Boys LOVE excercise related comments?
    BTW, This may help a bit as well.

Last edited:

Minato

--+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Ehh... so. Cough. My problem. Yes..

All right, so there's a really big change going on really soon for me. I can't state exactly what it is, except that I'm going to be moving to the city, and that I'm going to experience the real feeling of having "people" around me, and the whole "group" thing. I'm going to have to socialize with people and all.

Well, for starters, I absolutely despise leaving my house where I am at the moment- there's nobody to befriend or hang out with, and nothing really to do (my town is near the army base, and most of the people here are just soldiers and salespeople). To me, the whole "going out" concept is utterly useless, when I can be doing equations and drawing and reading in the comfort of my own home. Plus, the whole "social", "people" thing is completely new to me, and the idea of living in a crowded city and going out a lot is also getting to me. It doesn't really help my anxieties that moving is going to be a pain, since my life is pretty much rooted into this house and I'm going to have to let go of a lot of old (and useless) artifacts.

So, get moving, carry a load of my stuff and clean up a lot. Be prepared for picking up a fast pace and the life of a city. Be prepared for crime, be prepared for a new home, be prepared to memorize a heck of a lot of new things. Be prepared to be made fun of as the "village kid", be prepared to experience one too many new things at all the same time. I've told people that I'm fine with it, that I think I can survive, but to be honest, I'm thinking that's just way to much for myself to deal with.

The prospect of what awaits me is taking its toll. My math grades, normally an average of 26 out of 30 questions right, has fallen to 18 out of 30. I'm beginning to feel extremely lethargic, and growing weak and listless. I simply don't feel willing to leave this quiet (if not boring) town for the loud, bustling city and pick up such a fast pace. I feel useless and bored, but I don't really want to do anything. I don't know how I'm going to adjust.

So, concisely, how am I supposed to deal with this tremendous change in my life?

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years

All right, so there's a really big change going on really soon for me. I can't state exactly what it is, except that I'm going to be moving to the city, and that I'm going to experience the real feeling of having "people" around me, and the whole "group" thing. I'm going to have to socialize with people and all.

Well, for starters, I absolutely despise leaving my house where I am at the moment- there's nobody to befriend or hang out with, and nothing really to do (my town is near the army base, and most of the people here are just soldiers and salespeople). To me, the whole "going out" concept is utterly useless, when I can be doing equations and drawing and reading in the comfort of my own home. Plus, the whole "social", "people" thing is completely new to me, and the idea of living in a crowded city and going out a lot is also getting to me. It doesn't really help my anxieties that moving is going to be a pain, since my life is pretty much rooted into this house and I'm going to have to let go of a lot of old (and useless) artifacts.

So, get moving, carry a load of my stuff and clean up a lot. Be prepared for picking up a fast pace and the life of a city. Be prepared for crime, be prepared for a new home, be prepared to memorize a heck of a lot of new things. Be prepared to be made fun of as the "village kid", be prepared to experience one too many new things at all the same time. I've told people that I'm fine with it, that I think I can survive, but to be honest, I'm thinking that's just way to much for myself to deal with.

The prospect of what awaits me is taking its toll. My math grades, normally an average of 26 out of 30 questions right, has fallen to 18 out of 30. I'm beginning to feel extremely lethargic, and growing weak and listless. I simply don't feel willing to leave this quiet (if not boring) town for the loud, bustling city and pick up such a fast pace. I feel useless and bored, but I don't really want to do anything. I don't know how I'm going to adjust.

So, concisely, how am I supposed to deal with this tremendous change in my life?

You need to remember that it isn't the end of the world. Living in a city isn't that hard, but it will take some time to get used to. Just remember to make the best of it. When life throws you lemons you make lemonade.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years

I can almost relate to you, since I'm a New Jersian, and I'm in the denseness of it.

Ok. So, you say that you're moving from basically a desolate place to the big city. I'm going to tell you one thing, it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard at first; you're going to hear noises that you're unfamiliar with, and you're going to see things that you're not used to seeing. It's going to be weird, but I'll give you a couple ways on how to deal with the noise from inside your house. When you first move, try keeping a couple windows open; that'll get you used to the noise. Even at night, keep the window slightly adjar. Doing this will make the noise seem comforting almost, and you won't even hear it soon. Not used to going out? Well, try sitting on your stoop for a couple minutes each day. This will not only get you outside in general, but it'll also give you some newfound curiousity on what the city has to hold for you. And your grades? This might seem insane to you, but get something from outside your current home, and bring it with you to the city. When you get nervous about your grades, or when you're taking a test, you can hold it for the familiarality of your old home and the familiar smells.

It'll be hard, but you seem like a strong person. You'll get used to it. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back