• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Oh cmon

Your actin glike kids the pair of you

Just sort out your problems between you like sit down and sat look what the hell happend?

sorts out allot that

Sorry though because i cant really help you

Feeling articulate today, are we?

Anyway, I completely agree with Sims here. Hitting girls is wrong, but it's also wrong for them to use their hit-immunity to provoke others. Nuff said.

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
    I think that guys shouldn't hit women at any way, size, shape, ore form because it's just down right mean and a guy can get serious jail time if you know what I mean.

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    I think that guys shouldn't hit women at any way, size, shape, ore form because it's just down right mean and a guy can get serious jail time if you know what I mean.
    If that's the case, tell women to take back all the fighting the did to be treated equal.
    How about we shouldn't hit people in general, regardless of gender?

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
    If that's the case, tell women to take back all the fighting the did to be treated equal.
    How about we shouldn't hit people in general, regardless of gender?
    I <3 u. lol. jk. But I agree. I know we're not allowed to hit women, but it's okay for guys to hit other guys? I mean wtf? Makes no sense.
    equal rights ftw. (:

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I <3 u. lol. jk. But I agree. I know we're not allowed to hit women, but it's okay for guys to hit other guys? I mean wtf? Makes no sense.
    equal rights ftw. (:

I think that nobody should hit anyone at all, doesn't matter what gender at all. :)
    It doesn't make sense at all, I agree.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Scenario: We were at the local mall last weekend. We had just gotten over an argument from the previous week, so she was still a bit.. touchy. We were doing fine through most of the night, until the events of our previous argument were brought up. This time, it got really bad. There was some yelling and name calling (but we were in the arcade, so some of the yelling was necessary), and we were both getting really angry. She had slapped me in the face by this time. After that, she calmed down a bit, and we went to our movie as planned. And of all times, she wanted to talk about our argument IN THE THEATRE. Crazy, huh? So I told her we would talk about it in the car. She persisted, so I started getting kinda mad, and told her to either watch the movie or leave. She got reallllly mad, and slapped me in the face. I grabbed her arms to restrain her from hitting me again, but she kept trying, so I had to hold her arms harder, she twisted it to get out, and I grabbed at it again, but this time, kinda hit it and caused her some pain. Either out of shock or disgust, she kinda just stopped talking and just watched the movie. After the movie, we were heading to the car, and she snapped. She just started yelling at me through tears, making a scene and such. I told her to shut up and we would talk about it in the car. She got really pissed then and just flat out back-handed me in the mouth and punched me a few times. My 5 months of grappling training kicked in, so I got her arms, and knocked out her leg, picked her up, and took her to the car. After that, she started punching me again, so I had to restrain her a lot, and that caused a few bruises on her arms and chest. She got in the car and sped off.

Aftermath: We talked about it; yelled, cried, made up.

Damages:
    Her: Bruises on her arms, chest and legs.
    Me: Busted/bloody lip, bloody nose, bruises on my arms and chest, swollen cheek, and a black eye.

What do you guys think? Did she deserve it, or did I cross the line? I'll be back in about 12 hours, due to school.

Girls know that most guys won't hit them, so they use that to their advantage in a fight. They get all aggro and start hitting you to see how you'll react. It gets fairly annoying at times, because girls can basically beat us senseless with a steal pipe and won't get as much as a male does for laying a finger on a girl.

Personally I don't think you crossed the line at all. As long as you didn't intend to hurt her, and all you were trying to do was restrain her from beating the living daylights out of you, there should be no real problem with what you did. If, on the other hand, you intentionally hurt her (which I highly doubt you did) then you went way over the line. Violence won't solve anything, and she needs to realise this before she starts going crazy like that again. I personally think you did the right thing by just trying to restrain her and talking it out with her.

As long as no physical damage was intended, you should be fine.

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Well. This may be 20% unsolvable, but here goes... I'll make it one sentence...

Sometimes... I feel as if my only purpose in life is to get insults, rejections, everything like that...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Well. This may be 20% unsolvable, but here goes... I'll make it one sentence...

Sometimes... I feel as if my only purpose in life is to get insults, rejections, everything like that...

What kind of insults are given? Who gives them out? What are you rejected from? Specify more, please. D:

From what I read there though, I have a feeling this is from kids at school rejecting you from games and calling you names and stuff? If so, then ignore them. Go to a teacher about it and talk it over with your good friends.

Trust me, your purpose in life wouldn't be to just be insulted, rejected, made fun of and the such. That's just damn right disrespectful. There will be something or someone out their that you're meant to meet or do.

Years
    I feel like i'm being forgotten...
    My best friend that i've known since like 2nd grade always hangs with other people but me.He says i'm his most important friend and that our friendship means everything.We always confide in eachother about problems and at school we always laugh together.But when he goes to the movies with others and doesnt invite me...it pisses me off!

And another thing,theres other people that say they're my friends but I don't feel included in anything.Every Friday they all go to somebody's house but never invite me.I never invite myself cuz it feels rude to me.I don't want to go really but i want the courtesy of being invited.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Okay, i've been crushing on this guy for 2 years now. We became really good friends one time but then, when he joined basketball, we weren't friends anymore. I wanna become friends again.
    Help?

Oh yeah, and he told me he had a crush on this girl but many of my classmates tell me that they spot him looking at me every now and then..Could that be you know...signs?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Okay, i've been crushing on this guy for 2 years now. We became really good friends one time but then, when he joined basketball, we weren't friends anymore. I wanna become friends again.
    Help?

Oh yeah, and he told me he had a crush on this girl but many of my classmates tell me that they spot him looking at me every now and then..Could that be you know...signs?
    Awww. How sweet... Well you should definitely confess to him. It seems to me that he does have an interest in you. Go for it! :D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I feel like i'm being forgotten...
    My best friend that i've known since like 2nd grade always hangs with other people but me.He says i'm his most important friend and that our friendship means everything.We always confide in eachother about problems and at school we always laugh together.But when he goes to the movies with others and doesnt invite me...it pisses me off!
    This is a common thing in most aspects of ones life. They forget who their true friends are and try to hang out with lots of different people. If it's really bugging you so much, then I suggest you confront him about it. Being a male myself, I know I've done this once or twice. I usually try to pay attention to all of my friends, though. Just ask him why he's been ignoring you and talk it out with him.

And another thing,theres other people that say they're my friends but I don't feel included in anything.Every Friday they all go to somebody's house but never invite me.I never invite myself cuz it feels rude to me.I don't want to go really but i want the courtesy of being invited.
    Like I stated before in the above answer, talk it out with them. Ask them what they're doing this weekend and ask them if you can tag along with them. They won't hate you for simply asking something. Besides, if they're really your friends, they'll allow you to come over. :3

Answers in bold~

Help?
    The best course of action here (from my personal point of view) is to just confront him and tell him how you really feel about him. You never know, he may even feel the same way. Sometimes guys tend to avoid the girls they like because they feel insecure around them, so if you tell him, he may start giving you more and more attention.

I personally have no idea, because I'm not him. Usually though, if a guy continues to look at a girl over and over again, it's a sign that they may find you attractive/and or like you. You never know.

Answers in bold~

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    This is a really hard thing to discuss in a public forum with people that have no idea what is going on. A very long complicated story in a nutshell.

Basically, I am still in love with my ex, but I don't want to get back with him. He has done some things that upset me, which basically led me to distance myself away from him, which led to him being angry at me for distancing away from him, which led to arguments, which led to an eventual break up, which led to him doing naughty things with other women, which led to my jealousy, which led to the end of our overall friendship. I could tell he was very much in love with me, and he was so faithful and wonderful when we were together. He would tell me how happy I made him, and every time he spoke to me, my heart would pound frantically. Basically, I broke up with him. I am still upset and jealous of him doing things with other women and not even investing emotion with them; he just uses them for their body and then dumps them like trash. I will never go back to him, but even after months of not talking to him, I still miss him and I still love him. We had a very strong bond, and thought about marriage, but something so beautiful we had together suddenly shattered and diminished into nothing. It has been 10 months since our break up, 5 months since he first slept with a woman after the end of our relationship, and 4 months without really talking to him. Even though I was the one that left him, I still think about him constantly, and I still care about him.

I knew I broke his heart.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    This is a really hard thing to discuss in a public forum with people that have no idea what is going on. A very long complicated story in a nutshell.

Basically, I am still in love with my ex, but I don't want to get back with him. He has done some things that upset me, which basically led me to distance myself away from him, which led to him being angry at me for distancing away from him, which led to arguments, which led to an eventual break up, which led to him doing naughty things with other women, which led to my jealousy, which led to the end of our overall friendship. I could tell he was very much in love with me, and he was so faithful and wonderful when we were together. He would tell me how happy I made him, and every time he spoke to me, my heart would pound frantically. Basically, I broke up with him. I am still upset and jealous of him doing things with other women and not even investing emotion with them; he just uses them for their body and then dumps them like trash. I will never go back to him, but even after months of not talking to him, I still miss him and I still love him. We had a very strong bond, and thought about marriage, but something so beautiful we had together suddenly shattered and diminished into nothing. It has been 10 months since our break up, 5 months since he first slept with a woman after the end of our relationship, and 4 months without really talking to him. Even though I was the one that left him, I still think about him constantly, and I still care about him.

I knew I broke his heart.
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I love my ex too, and it's been almost a year. On April 29, it will be officially a year since he broke up with me and my heart. Although, I still talk to him everyday, and I think he might like me again, but that's another story.

About your story, I know it's hard, and you still think about him after all this time, which I understand, but there's not much I can tell you, not much advice I can give you. Some days you must feel like everything's all wrong and want to cry, but there must be those days when you actually can forget about him for a few hours and be happy? Hold onto those moments, try and get him off your mind, except I know as soon as I said that, it's impossible cause I'm having the same issues. There actually isn't much you could do.. =/

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    You're lucky you get to have meaningful conversations with your ex. I still love mine and whenever I try to talk to him, his words have no feeling or meaning. He's cold. I knew I hurt him a lot, and he resents me for it.

kissing. raindrops

Years
    You're lucky you get to have meaningful conversations with your ex. I still love mine and whenever I try to talk to him, his words have no feeling or meaning. He's cold. I knew I hurt him a lot, and he resents me for it.
    Yes. I realize I'm so lucky. Whenever I talk to him, he stares right into my eyes, with that smile of his lingering on his face.. Makes me feel so special. Although he did break up with me. We're starting to talk more and more. Does your ex not like you anymore?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I don't know. We don't talk anymore. Even when I try to talk to him, he's cold, kind of emotionless, and our conversations would last less than a couple of minutes, with long awkward silences. I don't blame him, though, I think he's doing it to protect his feelings. I understand that it was painful talking to me, which is why we don't talk anymore. It's painful talking to him too, so we left it at that.

I'm sure time heals things, and the pain isn't as bad as it used to be, but we still don't talk. I don't think he really likes me anymore. There is no glimmer, no spark, nothing. He may not like me anymore, but I will always keep a large place for him in my heart.

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    What kind of insults are given? Who gives them out? What are you rejected from? Specify more, please. D:

From what I read there though, I have a feeling this is from kids at school rejecting you from games and calling you names and stuff? If so, then ignore them. Go to a teacher about it and talk it over with your good friends.

Trust me, your purpose in life wouldn't be to just be insulted, rejected, made fun of and the such. That's just damn right disrespectful. There will be something or someone out their that you're meant to meet or do.

Thanks, but it's not school... It's here...

kissing. raindrops

Years
    I don't know. We don't talk anymore. Even when I try to talk to him, he's cold, kind of emotionless, and our conversations would last less than a couple of minutes, with long awkward silences. I don't blame him, though, I think he's doing it to protect his feelings. I understand that it was painful talking to me, which is why we don't talk anymore. It's painful talking to him too, so we left it at that.

I'm sure time heals things, and the pain isn't as bad as it used to be, but we still don't talk. I don't think he really likes me anymore. There is no glimmer, no spark, nothing. He may not like me anymore, but I will always keep a large place for him in my heart.
    I see. Well then, either you're right about protecting and hiding his feelings, or he just doesn't want anything to do with you.

I'm not sure time heals all things, maybe for everyone else, but not me, yes the pain feels like it's going away, but personally I think it's that I've grown strong enough to bear it. If there's really nothing then your best bet is really to just move on, and keep that place for him in your heart, don't forget about him, remember all the amazing times you've had with him, but let him go.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Thanks, but it's not school... It's here...
    What?

You shouldn't feel that way here. I'm sure that no one insulted you in anyway. Besides, if you ever need a friend, then just be open. I'm sure that they'll be open to you as well. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back