• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pseudo-Habitat Challenge

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    Idea, formatting and originally done by .: Symbiosis ;.

Introductions

Okay,so most of you remember,or know the concept of the Habitat Challenge, right?
    To those that don't, I'll remind you,
    Since,this function as only implemented on FR/LG,Pokemon from Generations IV and V don't have an assigned habitat,so I decided to come up with the "Pseudo-Habitat Challenge!"

A few challenges,sorting Pokemon by appearance have already been done,but what i'm basically doing is sorting them by locations,I've thought of, like real life habitats,one Pokemon may be in more than one of those,this however,will be rare.

But before we proceed any further,we better take a look at the rules, shan't we?

Rules

1. All main PokeCommunity rules apply (i.e. No Spamming,No Flaming,etc.)
    2. No cheating,the only instance hacking is accepted,is if you can't get a Pokemon of your area before the second gym,and if it's a pain to catch (Abra,for example) we can sort it out
    3. If you can only catch one,or two pokemons on your version,that matches the terms,you may hack enough for a team of 3 with 2 badges intervals.
    4. Trading is allowed only for substituting the above scenario,or evolving pokemon.
    5. You can do an Ultimate, i.e.: Do a run using the same requirements through all games.At the moment, BW isn't needed,but it would be appreciated.
    6. Have fun.

The Groups

Some groups,due to extension will have subgroups, to sort them further. Also, let be known that just because one Pokemon is on a group,it doesn't mean that its /pre-evolution/evolution(s)/alt. forms have to also be on that group.

Some Pokemon can be suited on a certain area,for it's possible use instead of its form. For example, Cacturne on a farm,since it's a scarecrow, or Seadra on a garden,as it can be used as a watering "can".Use your imagination.

Gardens
    Spoiler:

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

City
    Spoiler:

Laboratory
    Spoiler:

Rainforest
    Spoiler:

Farm
    Spoiler:

Savannah/Field
    Spoiler:

Water
    Spoiler:

Valhalla
    Spoiler:

If there's a typo,or I missed someone,or you want to opine on Habitat placement,contact me,either here or on VM and we'll sort that out.

Participants

Just tell me the game,and your habitat,and you're ready to go;

Hokkaido - Leaf Green (Gardens)
    Vato - Fr - Hg - E - Pt - W (City)
    bookishangel - Soulsilver (Farm)
    Luigi-san - Graveyard (Ruby)

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • Omg! An habitat challenge for Gen IV and V :O
    I'd love to try that challenge :D

UserName: Vato
    Games: Pokemon Heart Gold, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon White in that order
    Habitat: City

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    Omg! An habitat challenge for Gen IV and V :O
    I'd love to try that challenge :D

UserName: Vato
    Games: Pokemon Heart Gold, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon White in that order
    Habitat: City

Sweetheart, you either do an Utimate (from (Fire)Red to Black/White) or you do a single (one game) not one in between, so I'll list it on Heartgold for now
    And, there are subgroups on the group, so you'll need to pick one

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • Sorry, my bad.
    let me try again.
    Username: Vato
    Games: Pokemon Firered, Pokemon HeartGold, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon White.
    Habitat: City (Animals group)
    Is this okay?

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    This sounds really fun.

Username: bctincher15
    Habitat: Rainforest
    Game: Red, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black

Also, can I post my progress here.