• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (Rerevived) Challenge: MMOPokeRPG

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
  • Welcome to The Challenge
    And a special welcome to you. The humble reader.
    I am your host, and your fellow competitor.
    Let's get on with it. Shall we?

Although this wasn't originally my idea, I've seen it several places before, where challengers in Pokemon games play each other contemporaneously in order to see who completes the objective first. So, after observing and being part of a couple of these before, I thought "Hell, why not make one myself?" And here we are.

What is the Challenge you ask?
    - The Challenge is an organized competition between you, the reader, and your fellow combatants. Objective being, to defeat Alder and claim the title of Pokemon Champion. However, this comes with a twist, as I decide the rules and regulations of each round of the challenge.

This challenge is for Black and White. I would prefer it if you played on an emulator, because there will be some rewards that require hacking, but if you can't/refuse, I will not mind.

FOR THIS ROUND THE CHALLENGE TYPE WILL BE: RANDOM POKEMON CHALLENGE
    -Using a generator, I will select a team of 4 Pokemon that will be assigned to you. In addition, you will be allowed to select one Pokemon of your choice to add to your team, making it a total of 5 Pokemon per team!
    -All of the teams will be 100% random, so don't complain if you hate the team you received. There may/may not be a chance to redeem that later, if you play your cards right.
    -Your objective is to defeat Alder and capture Kyurem.

Generic Rules and Blah Blah Stuff:
    1) The #1 rule of all challenges - Have fun. This challenge is not meant for you to start raging like a madman, so please, have fun. Don't take negative consequences of random events as if they were personal. And don't yell at me for making sarcastic remarks. I'm not a bad guy, honest >_>

2) No hacking or cheating unless instructed to. I will be lenient towards hacking for evolutionary items/evolutions in general, but don't make it so that you get an unfair advantage. All Pokemon hacked in must be at Level 5, unless for evolutionary purposes.

3) Your time each challenge day is limited to 1 hour. This of course is in terms of game time. Make sure that cheats that affect game time like "autorun" or "battle delay off" are not activated. They shouldn't be anyway, if you were adhering to Rule 2, but I Nineray thought I'd make this abundantly clear.

4) Be vigilant. As the GM, I will make certain things happen/stop happening, so be wary. Check the day's events to see if any rules/regulations take place/are lifted.

5) Be active. I can't stress this enough. It gets boring if just 1 person is left playing after awhile. **Update** For every week that you haven't updated you lose 10 points this is active as of August !st 2012

6) You can only use the Pokemon assigned to you for important battles and against trainers. However, you may train and use other Pokemon, as long as they only face Wild Pokemon.

7) All Pokemon must be within 4 Levels of each other. You wouldn't want one Pokemon to live in the limelight, now wouldn't you?

8) Just because you finish first, it doesn't guarantee a win. Remember, winning is not only about finishing first, but also about who has the most points.

9)Challenge time and real time are not concurrent. A challenge day may last for a period of two to three real time days.

Points and Why You Need Them:
    This challenge utilizes a point system to track progress and acquire rewards. Please refer to the following chart to determine how many points to allot yourself.

+2 - Every New Pokemon Caught.
    +5 - Every TM/HM Earned.
    +5 - Every Hidden Item Found/Item Acquired from an NPC.
    +10 - Completed Evolutionary Line (Only Counts for Pokemon that Evolve).
    +20 - Every Badge Earned.
    +1 - If Playing on Black, you catch a Black Pokemon.
    +1 - If Playing on White, you catch a White Pokemon.
    +7 - Catching Gothorita/Duosion.
    -10 - Losing to Lenora's Watchog.
    +10 - Reaching Black City/White Forest.
    +50 - Defeating the Elite Four and Team Plasma the First Time.
    -10/+30 - Killing/Catching any Legendary Pokemon (Excluding Zekrom/Reshiram).
    +15 - Catching Zekrom/Reshiram.
    +6 - Breeding a Cottonee on White/Petilil on Black.
    -25 - Every Rare Candy Used (Be Honest).
    +100 - Defeating Cynthia and Morimoto.
    -10 - Every Reset Taken (Since resetting cuts down on game time.)

If you catch a Trubbish/Garbodor - You force an opponent to lose 3/15 points respectively.

Items, Your Eventual Downfall:
    Dark Pokeball- Boxes an opponent's Pokemon for 1 challenge day.
    COST: 30 Points
    Stopwatch- Halves all opponents' time after use.
    COST: 50 Points
    Time Capsule- Doubles time for the using player.
    COST: 75 Points
    Black Stone- An alchemy item for Black users, only.
    Black Aura- If used, all players of White Version cannot play on that tournament day.
    COST: 95 Points
    White Stone- An alchemy item for White users, only.
    White Aura- If used, all player of Black Version cannot play on that tournament day.
    COST: 95 Points
    Summoner's Grace- Summons a player a 3-day protective barrier against items.
    COST: 140 Points
    Damp Rock- Rain on another opponents' parade by using this item to clean out their item vault. Vaults aren't waterproof these days, guys.
    COST: 60 Points
    Spirit of Nuzleaf- Use this against an unsuspecting player to turn their day into a Nuzlocke day! Lasts for one challenge day.
    Adds Rule: If any Pokemon faints, its pronounced dead and is released immediately.
    COST: 200 Points
    Heart Pill- You would think this was a recovery item, right? Wrong. Use this jagged little pill on a player and give them some great healthcare! Lasts for one challenge day.
    Adds Rule: If a Pokemon is hurt in any way, you must backtrack to a Pokemon Center and heal it as soon as possible, if you are able.
    COST: 200 Points
    Recipe- Purchases a random recipe to be added to the alchemy shop.
    COST: 55 Points

Alchemy:
    Alchemy is the process of crafting new items from old items. When the challenge commences, the alchemy shop will be empty. However, as players purchase Recipes, items will begin to appear in the shop.

In order to "alchemize" an item, you must have all the required materials and must pay a flat fee of 15 Points

Note about Recipes: When a player purchases a recipe, it becomes available to ALL players, not just the one who purchased it.

????????
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????

Quests/Additional Challenges:
    Occasionally, I'll post a quest that someone can accomplish here. These quests are entirely optional, and will offer no penalty if you choose to skip over them. However, with great difficulty comes great reward, so be wary. All quests/challenges are on a first completed basis, whoever finishes it first will get his/her reward first.

The Few Brave Souls:
    Spoiler:

Points Leader:
    Spoiler:

Sign-Ups:
    So you've managed to read through all this crap and thought: "Hey! This sounds like fun!" Well, here's how you can take part in the fun.
    FORM:
    Username: Nineray
    Version: Black/White
    Emulator/Cartridge?: R4 Cartridge
    Capability to Hack?: Yes/No
    And to show that you really read through everything, type Snorgles after your sign up.

Welcome aboard, challenger.
    Enjoy Round I of The Challenge.

All credit goes to thenickle09 for the creation of this challenge.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The original creator was LaureTheLoner, if I'm not mistaken. Just letting you know, lol.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    This is a LOT.

Username: Huggermugger
    Version: Black
    Emulator/Cartridge?: Emulator
    Capability to Hack?: Yes

Snorgles.

Jacinth

~Darling~
    Years
  • This sounds great. I'd like to be a part!

Username: Jacinth
    Version: White
    Emulator/Cartridge?: Cartridge
    Snorgles! :D I'm excited for my team!

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
  • Username: Lezza

I may start a little late, snorgles

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Your time each challenge day is limited to 1 hour. This of course is in terms of game time.

-10 - Every Reset Taken (Since resetting cuts down on game time.)

So, is is the "hour" an hour according to in-game time, or is it an hour spent playing the game in real time? If it's in-game, every time you reset are you restarting your hour? I guess my real question is, for example, you're 40 minutes your "hour" and you reset, does that mean you have a fresh 60 minutes, or do you still only have 20 minutes remaining?

Also, are you allowed to save within your hour? I guess it would make more sense that you wouldn't be able to, but I don't remember reading about this.

Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand as best as I can before this gets going.

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • Snorgles

This is a LOT.

Username: Huggermugger
    Version: Black
    Emulator/Cartridge?: Emulator

Snorgles.

Hugger your team is Mothim, Houndoom, Banette and Sawk

This sounds great. I'd like to be a part!

Username: Jacinth
    Snorgles! :D I'm excited for my team!
    Jacinth you team is Poliwrath Tangrowth Aggron and Chandlure

Username: Lezza

I may start a little late
    OK Lezza your team is Torcoal Crobat Whimsicott and Spirtomb. Also to see if you read all the rules why is everyone typing snorgles?

So, is is the "hour" an hour according to in-game time, or is it an hour spent playing the game in real time? If it's in-game, every time you reset are you restarting your hour? I guess my real question is, for example, you're 40 minutes your "hour" and you reset, does that mean you have a fresh 60 minutes, or do you still only have 20 minutes remaining?

Also, are you allowed to save within your hour? I guess it would make more sense that you wouldn't be able to, but I don't remember reading about this.

Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand as best as I can before this gets going.
    The hour is according to real world time. If you play for 40 minutes reset and then play again you only have 20 minutes left for that day. I guess that's why they call it a challenge.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years

• OK Lezza your team is Torcoal Crobat Whimsicott and Spirtomb. Also to see if you read all the rules why is everyone typing snorgles?
    WoW, I read everything but that lol, it said in the post, just under ur sign-up
    And, can we start now?

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • Yup let the games begin! Remember to post updates every chance you guys have the chance.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Do we have to get our team in-game without hacking? If so, I don't really have a way to get Mothim

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    is it to late to join

username: roserade31
    version: white
    played on a ds cartridge
    can't hach

snorgles

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    yes it does. thanks.
    i didn't know if i could still enter.
    since i can't get any till late in the game can i trade one over after the first gym.

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Update #1

Pokemon Caught (+2):
    Patrat
    Lillipup (the 5th member of my team
    Munna
    Purloin

Total: 8

TM/HMs recieved (+5):
    Work Up
    Cut

Total: 10

Hidden/NPC Items (+5):
    Potion (Woman, Route 1)
    Poke Ball (Man in house east of gate, Accumula Town)
    Great Ball (Man in southeast building, Striaton City)
    Dusk Ball (Man in alley, Striaton City)
    Oran Berrys (Cheren, Pokemon School, Striaton City)
    Full Heal (Boy in Pokemon School, Striaton City)
    BalmMushroom (Hidden in tree in the garden, Striaton City)
    Ultra Ball (hidden in sandbox west of Daycare, Route 3)

Total: 40

Badges Earned (+20)
    Trio Badge

Total: 20

Infractions:
    A Save and Reset was involved in hacking in Burmy (-10)

Grand Total:68

Saved on Route 3.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • Before I start, I should mention that my hacked in Burmy for some reason is getting boosted XP, even though it has the same Trainer ID and Trainer Name. If this is not cool, let me know and I'll try to find a way to fix it and start my hour over again

Update #1

Pokemon Caught (+2):
    Patrat
    Lillipup (the 5th member of my team
    Burmy (might not count, hacked in)
    Panpour (might not count, recieved)
    Munna
    Purloin

Total: 12 (including the maybes)

TM/HMs recieved (+5):
    Work Up
    Cut

Total: 10

Hidden/NPC Items (+5):
    Poke Balls (Prof. Juniper, Route 1)
    Potion (Woman, Route 1)
    Poke Ball (Man in house east of gate, Accumula Town)
    Great Ball (Man in southeast building, Striaton City)
    Dusk Ball (Man in alley, Striaton City)
    Oran Berrys (Cheren, Pokemon School, Striaton City)
    Full Heal (Boy in Pokemon School, Striaton City)
    BalmMushroom (Hidden in tree in the garden, Striaton City)
    Ultra Ball (hidden in sandbox west of Daycare, Route 3)

Total: 45 (Note: Would the Xtranceiver, Town Map, Running Shoes, C-Gear, and Pal Pad count for this as well? If so, I obviously have those)

Badges Earned (+20)
    Trio Badge

Total: 20

Infractions:
    A Save and Reset was involved in hacking in Burmy (-10)

Grand Total (including maybes): 77

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

The Pokemon you didnt catch on your own in Pokeballs don't count. Nor do the items that you are required to get.Sorry.. Also Burmy's extra exp are ok

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • Just to let everyone know most of the time im gone from 1 or 2-9:30 (Unless i bring my laptop with me((Central Time)) So if i dont respond until late at night or in the morning it's because of this.

Back