• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] The Rift Theory

20nickelback12

Duel Monsters/Pokemon Champ
Years
  • So, I've been talking to some people lately, and have recently come up with an idea that may explain all the popping up of Pokemon when in each game they insist that there is only (Insert Number of Pokemon Here) in the world. My idea, my dear friends, is what I'd like to call "The Rift Theory."

You see, the concept of The Rift Theory is that there are one or more rifts in space and time, connecting our world to the Pokemon world-the world I believe is or is at least similar to the one in the Mystery Dungeon series. You see, my belief is that many thousands, millions, or billions of years ago, a rift in time and space appeared, allowing Pokemon to come from their world into the world of humans. At the same time, there is also the possibility that humans were able to enter their world as well-over time evolving into Pokemon themselves such as Kadabra or Alakazam in order to adapt to their new environment.

Now, The Rift Theory also allows for different passages of time between these two spaces. The passage of time between these two spaces is very Narniaesque in that thousands of years could have passed in the Pokemon world, whereas only a few years would have passed in the Pokemon world. The Pokemon would have evolved and adapted overtime, changing shape and garnering new abilities until they either stumbled into a Rift or were strong enough to create their own. Now, this Rift in space and time might also have gotten stronger or weaker over time, preventing an overflow of Pokemon that would surely overpopulate our own world.

There are few more aspects to this Theory, but I can't exactly think what they are. If you have questions or need something else explained or whatever else, please feel free to leave a comment below and I shall get back to you when I can.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • This theory could tie in with Dialga and Palkia because they are time and space legendaries, respectively. This could work with the anime and games finally going together such as the anime being an alternate universe and the games (each person's game) being a new one, making for millions of universes. And those gaps you mentioned could be those deleted games. Im just speculating here, lol.

Back