• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The RNG Hates Your Guts!

Years
    Welcome to my Challenge! This idea came to mind while failing miserably in two nuzlockes one after the other. (Just a quick note, it's not necessary to play a hack, but I personally recommend it simply due to most hacks having vastly different early game Pokemon to choose from in comparison to their vanilla counterparts.)

Here's the rundown of the challenge.

First, catch six different pokemon. All catches must be made prior to the first gym battle. If you catch a pokemon and dislike its nature or whatnot, you may choose to not use it in favor for one of the same species. However, doing so will reduce your max team size by one.
    For example, I catch an abra, and see that it's adamant natured. I may opt to release it, but now my max team size is reduced to five. If I release another, my team gets reduced to four, three, and so on.

When a pokemon faints, roll 2d10 for a number between 00-99. (Or go to random(dot)org, whatever system allows you to randomly get a number between 00-99. I just prefer dice because I find them more fair, and it's rather easy to cheat favorable rolls from that site IMHO).

00-29: Death. Box it immediately.

30-44: Broken arms debuff: can't hold items.

45-59: Broken legs debuff: pokemon can't switch out after defeating an opponent, works similarly to the SET battle style.

60-80: Coma debuff: Boxed for a limited time.

80-94: Stunted growth debuff: pokemon cannot be used while it is tied for highest level in party.

95-99: took a class in badassery: grind pokemon about 3 levels.

It's really up to you to decide when these effects wear off, my personal idea is that debuffs wear off after you defeat the next rival battle, gym leader, or whatnot, other than the Coma debuff which lasts 2 big battles.

Username: Valkyon230
    Game: Blaze Black 2 (Challenge Mode enabled)

Challengers!
    Spoiler:

Champions!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Hey, sign me up for White 2, but I'm not starting until I can transfer all of my good Pokemon from that game to X because I want to start over and do Challenge Mode.

Username: Samurott01
    Game: White 2 (ON HOLD)

Back