• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Save File has been Deleted (FROM 3 DIFFERENT GAMES)

Crashgek

Haxor
Years
  • Ok, so I have a huge problem here.

I've been wanting to play Emerald (or Ruby or Saphire) for a really long time now. So I buy a second-hand copy of Emerald.

I beat the champion, it saves, and then it tells me the save file had to be deleted due to corruption or damage! I google this, and it turns out my copy was an illegal fake.

So I buy another copy. This one doesn't delete the save file at the final boss, no it randomly does it throughout the game!

Losing my trust in Emerald, I buy a copy of Ruby. A completely new one, boxed and everything. Never used before.

This one seems to work fine. I play the game, nothing happens, and then my friend wants to play Mario Kart with me, so I do, and when I come back to Ruby, WADDYA KNOW? Save file deleted! This one seems to delete it when you play another game, no matter if you keep the gamepak in the DS or not!

Please guys, I gotta know what's going on here.
    How can I stop this? Please help me.

Crashgek

Haxor
    Years
  • No, that's the point. I know I could just do that, but I've already paid 30 euros total for this game so I want to be able to play in wherever and whenever I want.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • No, that's the point. I know I could just do that, but I've already paid 30 euros total for this game so I want to be able to play in wherever and whenever I want.

Then you should get your money back.All I'm saying is why risk wasting your money on another bad copy of a Pokemon game when you can just download the ROM and Emulator.

:t354:TG

Jared

Some Cool Kid
    Years
  • Ouch, that must suck. Yeah I agree, go ahead and return the games. Though the problem though, it might be the system you're playing it on.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • This eerily reminds me of an illegal Emerald problem of my own. I bought a hacked Emerald that was English before the English version was released. It was poorly translated so I quit playing it. But then my GBA SP started getting slightly weird color glitches. Then it stopped reading any games. Then it gave a horribly glitched screen upon turning on. Later, my DS's top screen got glitched colors and stopped working too. I played my Emerald in these systems.

I think bootleg games can be very dangerous. (that still won't stop me from buying fake games that can't be found on the internet) I think emulators are the safest way to play games, and with PSP emulators, they can still be portable.

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    Yes I use my PSP emulator for Pokemon games from GBA.
    Althought I have 3 GBAs and a DS.
    This happened to my Ruby and FireRed. But my Ruby isnt fake... The FR is.
    Fake ones are dangerous...

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I agree with Jared's theory: It could be the system you're playing it on.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • My platinum version has corrupted a few times and makes me start from the save point before hand. It also freezes when playing which is a real sod! Not sure why it does it tho.

Years
  • That sucks. I've never had that happen to me, except with Crystal, but that's just how Crystal is in general, not because it was fake.

I've only bought one game that turned out to be fake: Digimon World DS. It wouldn't save at all, so luckily I only invested about 30 minutes of gameplay into it before realizing that it wouldn't save anything I did.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    hmm strange....i found out that gamestop had a bootleg sapphire once, luckily i tried to save immediately because i had food in the car, it gave some sort of error message with horrible syntax and froze, im glad i tried to save so quickly because it was my last 30 dollars and i usually throw away receipts(due to indecicively always returning games for other ones...go figure) plus the game was bought in another city so without a receipt i would be stuck.

who exactly is making these illegal games? i know emulators and roms but how is someone making exact(though broken) copies and at a mass level?...jeez everytime i think im an uber techie the noob noose pulls me back in

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Hi.
    My son has been having exactly the same problem with his 'Emerald' and 'Ruby' It done it a different points in the game. At 1st we thought it was a one off thing but he started a new game and it done it again! Got in touch with who we bought it off and they gave him 'Ruby' until they got more 'Emerald'. Low and behold it done it on this one too!!!
    I am sooo frustrated about this because my son is only 11 and is getting so hacked off with these games doing this as he wanted them for so long.
    I never knew that they would be 'FAKES!!' It cant be the console that hes playing it on as hes played them on 2 different ones.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Personally, I think none of this has to do with the system, some of this has to do with bootlegs, but i think this mostly has to do with ruby sapphire and emeralds old save systems, it's really old and might have gone overboard, it might have dust in it, but it is definitely not the system

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    So is there anything at all that we can do to stop it because my son is gutted about it!
    All he wants to do is complete the game.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • So is there anything at all that we can do to stop it because my son is gutted about it!
    All he wants to do is complete the game.

The only thing you could dois purchase the games in a shop so you know your getting legit games. I feel for him, like I said my Platium does the same thing :(

Aurora Vulpix

Vulpix FTW
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2012
    Ugh, this is soooo annoying, all Pokemon GBA games I've bought have been fakes! How do I know? Everytime I put them in the GBA slot with a Pokemon DS game inserted, they delete theirselves. Pokemon like Kakuna and Weedle don't even show up on Diamond. It's annoying. And when my brother and I completed Emerald and entered the Hall of Fame, like you said...save...BAM! Gone. Ugh.

I guess that's what you get for trusting eBay ¬.¬

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    My friends and i had this same problem before too, all our saves would get corrupted if we stopped playing the game for a long time. I'm not sure if mine was fake or not, but I realized that among all the GBA pokemon games, ruby, sapphire and emerald were usually the ones that ended up getting corrupted.

Back