• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Scyther Siren

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    "PIPER!! Get up if you want to start your Pokemon Journey!!" Piper jerked up, and glanced at her clock. "10:30!! Why didn't anyone wake me?!" Piper jumped out of bed and ran to her closet and grabbed the outfit she had planned for her journey; a simple pair of bell bottom jeans with a blue rose design on the right leg, a purple tee-shirt with a picture of a winking Alakazam with the words 'I don't have to be a genius to know that I'm smarter then YOU!', plain Nike tennis shoes, and her old Pirates of the Caribbean necklace. She quickly outs her long ebony hair into a ponytail with two bangs hanging down framing her face. She quickly looked at all 5"6 of herself in the mirror, her emerald eyes glowing with excitement and worry. "Oh man I am so late." Piper mumbles as she grabs her black sidebag (picture a black version of the firered females bag). She runs down the stairs and grabs a poptart on the way out, "Bye Mom, bye Dad, Bye munchkin. Ill call you when I get to Viridian" she yells as she runs out the door. "Good bye dear and Good luck." Her mother calls to her while her sister, Lily, and her Father wave to her.

Piper runs with like crazy to the professors' house, "Why, oh WHY, do we have to live on the out skirts of town." She says as she passes Ash Ketchum's house. "Im gunna catch you now Ash."

Ash Ketchum had been her role model all her life; Ash had left two years ago on his 10th birthday, while Piper had to wait till her 13th.

Ahead of her Piper caught sight of Professor Oak's lab. "Almost there." Piper ran to the door and quickly knocked on it, and the professor's assistant Tracey answered the door, "Oh hi there Piper come on in." He led her outside of the lab and into the fields. "The professor went to check on some baby Tauros, he'll be back in a minute." Tracey told you. "Alright. Hey Tracey, could you?" Piper asked giving him the puppy dog eyes. Tracey can't look away, "Alright alright, just stop with the eyes." "YES!!" She cried in a victory pose of her own, which consists of putting her right hand on her thigh and her left hand doing a sideways peace sign in front of her eyes.

Tracey pulls out a pokeball from his pocket, "Come on out Scyther." he calls. His old Scyther materializes in front of Piper. She smiles really wide, "Hi Scyther!" The Scyther looks at her and smiles, "/Hello Piper./" Piper then proceeds to give Scyther a hug. Tracey just shakes his head as his Scyther laughs at the hyper 13-year-old, "I swear Piper you are the only girl I have ever met that loves Bug Pokemon and will actually hug them." Piper releases Scyther and replies, "So? I like Bug Pokemon. There's nothing wrong with that." "You are like the complete opposite of Misty when it come to Bug Pokemon. I don't think she ever got used to Scyther at all, and here you are hugging him as if he was your brother or something." Tracey says. Piper just shrugs. "Ah there you are Piper. I was wondering when you would show up." The trio turns to see Professor Oak, "Professor!!" Piper says excitedly.

"Hello there Piper. Your alittle late." He said to her. "Yeah, I know. I got up late and then ran all the way here. Please tell me there's still a pokemon left for me." Piper begged. "Ha ha, don't worry I have a special Pokemon for you." Oak replied with a laugh. Piper smiled really big, "Really!! Can I see it now?" Piper asked. "Yes you can. Come with me." Piper followed Professor Oak into the lab, as Tracey and Scyther followed suit. Oak lead them to a table with a single pokeball on a stand, and he gently picked it up. "Piper I was given this by the Nurse Joy of Fushia City. She told me that this pokemon's previous trianer abandoned it because of its difference. When she told me about him, I istantly thought of you and requested he be sent here. He is a little shy of humans. So I hope you treat him well so he can become accustomed to you." Piper nodded and took the pokeball from Oak and gently tossed it in front of her, " Pokeball go!!"

The pokeball popped opened and infront of Piper appered a Shiny Scyther, were a normal Scyther was green he was ebony and where a normal was white he was a deep Purple(includes his wings, scythes and claws), the only similarity between him and a normal Scyther was the eyes. The eyes were the same. The Scyther looked around and saw all the humans and started to get nervous. Piper's eyes widdened, "Professor he's..." The Scyther closed his eyes and prepared for the worst. "Amazing." Piper finished. The Scyther opened he's eyes and looked over at her in confusion. Piper looked at him with stars in her eyes, "Professor he's so beautiful. How could anyone ever abandon him." She walked over to him and knelt down to his eye level, she smiled at him. "Hello there. Im Piper." She gently reached out her arm to pet his cheek, but suddenly the Scyther snaps at her, "Get away from me!!" he screamed. Piper jumped back a little frightned. "Piper!! I'm so sorry. I thought he had calmed down." Oak replies helping her up.

"I-Its okay Professor. He doesn't know me, I shouldn't have tried to pet him. It's my fault not his." Piper said slightly shaken. The professor shook his head, "Still perhaps i can find another Scyther for you to start with. It seems this one isn't ready to have a trainer again, and i don't blame him. After what he's been through." Scyther looked down slightly, he was going back to the pokemon center again. He would never have a new trainer."No." The Scyther snapped his head up, "What?" Tracey asked. "I said, No. Just because he snapped at me once doesn't mean he's not ready. He just has to get used to me." Piper stated. "Well alright. If you say so." Oak replied handing her a blue Pokedex. "Piper, are you going to give him a name, like you had planned to?" Tracey asked. "Yep, I think ill call him...Kenshin." Kenshin? Thats the name of the first captured Scyther in history. Why would she name me after him. He was a Hero, while I am nothing but a freak. Scyther thought.

"Tell me Piper, with out looking at your new Pokedex, what you know about Scythers." Oak asked. Piper looked at Professor Oak with a straight face and replied, "Scyther; Number123, Type: Bug/Flying, Ability: Swarm. Scyther is incredibly fast and strong but has a temper. It's wise not to make one angry unless you have the skills or pokemon to calm it down. The first captured Scyther in history was named Kenshin."

Kenshin looked up at her in surprise,This girl is certainly strange, she is giving me a second chance even though i snapped at her. She also has an extensive amount of knowledge of Scythers, im going to have to keep an eye on her.he thought to himself. . "Ha ha. I knew I could never get you on that one." Oak replies laughing.

"Well guys i think its time i left. I need to get going before Amy gets to ahead," Piper said, but not forgetting to mumble, "little brat." under her breath. She turned to Kenshin and pointed his pokeball at him. "Return Kenshin." Kenshin was sucked back into his pokeball with a true care. Piper turned to the others, "Well ill see you all later. Ill call you when i get to Viridian." They nodded and saw her out. She ran down the road towards the town limits of Pallet, but not before turning around and yelling, "Good Bye everyone!" Professor Oak, Tracey, Scyther, and a few of the other pokemon near the fence waved good bye to her, "Treat him right, and he will listen." Scyther called. "Don't worry, I will." Piper replied before running with all her might to the edge of Pallet, "Viridian City here i come!!"

Back