• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Shadow Returns

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    Pokémon:
    The Shadow Returns

Hey there everyone! I am now introducing my brand new fic, The Shadow Returns. I would give you more info but it just might spoil the story, I'll just let you all find out for yourselves x)
    This is my first try at a fic in awhileeee so I hope I do alright! Reviews would be very much appreciated. :)

Chapters:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7999114&postcount=1 - Chapter 1 - Breakout

Chapter 1- Breakout

Chapter 1 -

It was a hot day as usual in the Orre region, with the sun beating down on the dry terrain and the civilians who were thought to be crazy for living in such a hellishly hot place, certainly not the most suitable place to live. If there was anyone that had life worse off, it was the prisoners locked up in the jail cells of the Pyrite Town Prison. One particular person had it even worse off than the normal inmates, as he was bound to the strict rule of solitary confinement. He was sectioned off to his own area in the prison, away from the other inmates to avoid possible scheming between the caged criminal who had the power and respect to do so. This inmate was known as Nascour, who was once the chief executive of the crime syndicate known as Cipher, the team behind the shadow Pokemon scandal that had taken place in the Orre region nearly a year prior.

Nascour uncomfortably sat on his bed in his tiny prison cell. Included in this miniscule cell was a low quality toilet and a sink, along with a camera that watches his every move installed in the corner. Nascour's orange jail uniform was extremely worn out, with rips, holes and tears all over indicating that he had been in there for awhile.

"297," he quietly murmured as he placed his hands on his head in frustration, "297 days I've been stuck in here... All because of that brat!"

Nascour's anger flared as the memory of the trainer who brought him and his organization down flashed through his head. When he next looked over at the blank stone wall, the image of the trainer appeared. He proceeded to flex his toned muscles and strike the wall in a furious bout of rage, clearly showing he had let his emotions get the better of him. A piece of the wall cracked against his hard, powerful fist.

"Will I ever be free?" He asked himself as he looked up to the ceiling.

"Quiet down in there, or else!" Yelled the guards who stood watch outside his cell.

Nascour's eyes widened as he gritted his teeth, but he calmed down as he began to regulate his breathing pattern. The look on his face indicated that he knew in his mind that it would not be in his favor if he insisted on rebelling against the word of the guards. No one but the prisoners truly knew that the guards were capable of doing whatever they wanted to make rambunctious prisoner quiet.

"That's what I thought! You don't wanna go through another electric treatment, do ya!?" Yelled one of the guards.

Nascour gripped his fists at the guards taunts as the horrible memory of the 'shock treatment' played through his head. The shock treatment was a torture method the guards used which involved the use of the electric Pokemon Magnemite and Magneton. Nascour recalled being tied to a chair in a dark room with a light fixated only on him, with the Pokemon surrounding him. Two Magnemite were assigned to simultaneously use Screech and Supersonic while the Magnemite use Thundershock. The experience mentally scarred Nascour, whose face showed a highly frightened look to go with the memory. He then quietly sat down against the wall and grabbed his head, looking to be in shock as the thought played through his head.

All of a sudden, there was an explosion. Smoke billowed into the hall from the corridor where Nascour's cell was located. The guards were shocked and confused by this turn of events as smoke engulfed their field of vision. Nascour was also taken by surprise, and proceeded to stand at the front of his cell with his hands gripped on the bars. Just then, a group of Golbat led by a Crobat zoomed through the smoke. The Crobat struck both the guards, and the Golbat followed by using Supersonic to compassionate the two men. Nascour had a look of complete bewilderment on his face.

Just then, another Pokemon dashed through the smoke and stopped in front of the cell bars. It was a Scizor. Nascour backed away as the bug Pokemon raised it's claw and quickly sliced it across the bars multiple times, effectively cutting them. Even though he was confused and bewildered, he knew this was his chance to escape, and so he exited the cell.

"So, you're the infamous Nascour of Cipher."

A voice came through the smoke.

"Yes, I'm Nascour..." He said with an evil grin, "And who might I owe this thanks for my freedom to?"

Then, a skinny young man who looked to be in his mid 20's confidently made his appearance. The man had teal hair and an equally sinister look on his face. He wore a white uniform with black cuffs, and his shirt had a red R imprinted on the left side. It was printed on the left side by the heart for the members to show their heart and allegiance to the infamous crime syndicate known as Team Rocket.

"My name is Archer, leader of Team Rocket." He announced with a blank stare.

"Team Rocket, huh? I've heard of you guys. What do you want with me?" Nascour hissed.

"All in due time my friend, however this is not the time or place." Archer paused for a brief moment as he raised his fist to his chest, "Come with me, let us join forces."

"What if I don't want to?" Nascour asked.

Down the hall, footsteps could be heard running in their direction, which were the backup guards.

"As I see it, you don't have any other choice; either come with me, or stay in jail."

Nascour had no time to think over Archer's offer, but considering the terms, the answer was an easy pick. "Let's go."

"I'm glad you agreed to my terms." Arche said with an evil smile.

A hole crashed through the ceiling above them. When the two criminals looked up, they saw a helicopter with a rope ladder hanging out the cockpit. By the time the backup guards had reached Nascour and Archer, they were already climbing up the ladder as the helicopter proceeded to fly away. The guards began releasing multiple Pokemon from their Pokeballs in an attempt to pursue the escaped criminal, but the Golbat, Crobat and Scizor stood in their way, making a clean getaway for Archer and Nascour. The two safely got into the cockpit with the help of the black suited Team Rocket grunts inside the vehicle. Nascour sat across from Archer.

"So, you want us to team up?" Nascour asked.

Archer nodded, "Yes."

"Well then," Nascour crossed his legs and put his hands together against his face as he devilishly said, "let's talk business, shall we?"

Back