• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Special Pairs Challenge Revived

ビデオゲーム常用者

It sucks to be Weegie.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Rio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    The idea was first done by Weavile05

In this Challenge, you will use a specific pair of Pokemon that have certain similar qualities

Rules

1. You MUST use a pair that is listed in this post.
    2. You can propose a pair to add to this list, just post your suggestion
    4. No Legendaries
    5. You can be as vague as you want when registering,just boldface the game and pair used
    6. If you are taking the challenge on this thread but you are not on the challengers list, PM or VM me, because I may have missed you.

Usable Pairs

Nidoking and Nidoqueen
    Tauros and Miltank
    Solrock and Lunatone
    Any two Starters from the same gen
    Any two Eeveelutions
    Gyarados and Milotic
    Zangoose and Seviper
    Huntail and Gorebyss
    Bellosom and Vileplume
    Magmortar and Electivire
    Weavile and Gliscor
    Glalie and Froslass
    Any two of Tyrogue's evolutions
    Gyarados and Absol
    Scizor and Steelix
    Any two Fossil Pokemon
    Politoed and Slowking
    Lanturn and Ampharos
    Volbeat and Illumise
    Beautifly and Dustox
    Butterfree and Beedrill
    Arbok and Seviper
    Wormadam and Mothim
    Gardevoir and Gallade
    Watchog and Liepard
    Any two of the three Elemental Monkeys you can get in BW
    Alakazam and Gengar
    Golem and Machamp
    Plusle and Minun
    Sawk and Throh
    Escavalier and Accelgor (requires trading)
    Reuniclus and Gothitelle
    Crobat and Swoobat
    Any two region birds(Pidgeot,Noctowl,Swello,Staraptor,Unfezant)
    Probopass and Magnezone
    Ariados and Ledian
    Haxorus and Hydreigon
    Politoed and Poliwrath

Note: You can hack or clone for things like the Starters, Version Exclusives, or Eeveelutions.

I'm signing up on White for Probopass and Magnezone.Will hack both Nosepass and Magnemite early.

Challengers

ビデオゲーム常用者 - White - Probopass and Magnezone

Champions

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2017
    can i suggest cubone and mawile? my two favs, and both are VERY unappreciated. :)

they are much stronger then they look. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    A matchup should be Alakazam and Machamp because they're kinda considered opposites like brains vs brawn

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2017
    A matchup should be Alakazam and Machamp because they're kinda considered opposites like brains vs brawn

hey! thats a good one! :)

from bulbapidia,
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_base_stats
    # Pokémon HP Attack Defense Sp. Attack Sp. Defense Speed Total Average
    191 Sunkern 30 30 30 30 30 30 180 30
    298 Azurill 50 20 40 20 40 20 190 31.67

those two are the ones with the lowest total base skill value; 180 and 190.

thus, am epic hard team to use :D

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Funny thing about this thread is that nobody signs up but make suggestions anyways Murkrow and Misdreavus,they sem to be opposites,both introduced in Gen II,evovle thru the same stone and neither appear in the same game(exception third versions)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    So say for two eeveelutions I can use them but have HM slaves as well then I just drift through the game?

Should add Plusle and Minum to the list :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    @shadowsyi
    Plusle and Minun are on the list
    and yeah you can have HMSlaves jsut don't use it on battles,I guess.It's pretty much common sense

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I'll give it a go with Magmar and Electabuzz (it says Magmortar and Electivire) on Emerald if thats alright.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    I'll do Taurus and Miltank on Silver. But, I'm doing it on my actual game, so do I just use my starter up until that point or what? Cause you don't get them until rather far into the game..

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • More pairs.

Persian, Delcatty (Kinda obvious pair imo.)
    Crobat, Swoobat Now that I thinks about it, not a very good pair.
    Pidgeot/Staraptor/Unfezant (Any 2 of these)
    Metagross/Klinklang
    Tauros/Bouffalant
    Furret/Linoone
    Gardevoir/Gallade (another obvious pair, imo)

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Sign me up on Crystal, with Ledian and Ariados.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    can i suggest cubone and mawile? my two favs, and both are VERY unappreciated. :)

they are much stronger then they look. :)

If Mawile's gonna be paired with anything it should be Sableye, seeing as they're opposite-version-exclusive non-evolving Pokes with the same BST...

And there were 4 Gen I trade-evolution Pokemon, two Special based (Alakazam and Gengar) and two Physical (Machamp and Golem). I'd say any combination of them would be fine in my view.

Also, I had this same issue on the old thread - why on earth are Gyarados and Absol a pair? The justification before was that their Pokedex entries both "have something to do with doom", which is a terribly flimsy reason. Why not have Magcargo and Flareon? They both have "something to do with body temperature..."

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Hey, thanks for reviving the challenge. I don't know why it died, I mean I know I kinda abandoned it after a while, but I would've figured more people would join and PM me telling me that they joined after they didn't get added to the list. The whole point of that was to remind me of the thread if I did forget about it for whatever reason. Oh well, at least it is revived now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2013
    I'll do Pokémon Platinum with Gardevoir/Gallade. I got REALLY excited when I saw them on the list. ;)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Arbok/Seviper should be removed from the list as they are only associated with each other by that 4Kids screwup. I also think fossil duos should be limited to Omastar/Kabutops, Cradily/Armaldo, Bastiodon/Rampardos, and Carracosta/Archeops.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2013
    Looks like this "revived" thread needs to be revived again. ;-) But I like the concept so much I'll be doing it on my own as soon as I get my Platinum rom to save correctly. So far I've gotten as far as Jubilife City, received my Poketech and hacked in my Ralts, only to discover that my 6 Save States cause the rom to crash when loaded and the In-Game save got stuck on a permanent loop.

But I think I figured it out and may post updates soon.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Guess how long it's been since he was on.........the last time he was on was June 15!!!!!!

(Moderators, don't count this as spam, cause it is not.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah, I've been told the OP is MIA, but like I said, I'm gonna give the challenge a shot, keep a text file of my progress, and maybe if I decide it was as awesome as it sounds, I'll try to revive the challenge myself. :-)

Back