• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The spwriter's new sprite thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Wolf_vee said:
    awww, that espeon is so kawaii, your an awesome spriter but not to be mean but i see that your shading technique is different to normal shading but simalar to the umbreon, how do you get that shading?
    Basically, instead of using a lot of the shadow color, a lot of the base color and some of the highlight color, I use a lot of the shadow color, just a tiny bit of the base color and a lot of the highlight color.

As for Eevee, I might make one if I find an interesting pose.

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
    OMG that Espeon and Flareon are awesome! *drools* I wish I had your talent at scratch spriting! I would love to see a Vaporeon done! :D

Dragonfree

Years

I recently remade that - it's a Gold version Quilava revamp that I animated. Ignore the "Dragonfree" on the bottom of it. I'm using it as an avatar on another forum.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    Very true, you should try doing Onixeon, my Rock Evolution that would look intresting, but Grovyle would still kick ***.

Dragonfree

Years
    Kakashi Hatake said:
    Very true, you should try doing Onixeon, my Rock Evolution that would look intresting, but Grovyle would still kick ***.
    These are pixel-overs of existing art, meaning that unless you can provide me with a picture of it, I can't do your fake Pokémon. :/

I can technically make scratch sprites, but they very, very rarely turn out good. I'm not good enough at drawing for that.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    Know what... I think I might have just the pose for eevee that you'll like, I'll look threw my drawings, find it, and post it, so that you can use it.. as for more eevee evos... I have a ton... think you might like a challange Dragonfree?

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    Well I have alot of really good Eevee evos. and they're just waiting for a good spriter to bring them to life. Also... I think you and I would make the best team for a Sprit comic, I'm good at making killer story's and you can help me bring them to life. What do you say...? you can say no you know...

~JBCBlank

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
    Keczilla's back in action!

Now...
    All of your sprites are teh |D\/\//\/z0rZ (Pwnzorz.) I have no Crits: Your sprites are the equivelent of Godly sprites.
    Now...
    Heres a suggestion: After you're done with eeveelitions, why not do some of your fake pokemon, like the Leta Evo line, or the legendaries from The Quest for thr Legends?
    Or Nidokingu. XD
    Peace out!
    ~\"Metal Sonic"?~
    AKA Keczilla
    AAKA General Keczilla

Dragonfree

Years
    I'll say it again, I do pixel-overs, not scratch sprites. I'd do scratch sprites if I were actually any good at drawing, which I'm not. I can shade and outline, but I can't draw. I absolutely adore my Scorplack, exactly because it's a sprite that's completely from scratch and it still looks just how I wanted it. Only one in a hundred drawings I make turns out looking anything at all like I wanted it, and only one in ten of them still looks good when I look at it again a while later. If I were any good at getting shapes and anatomy like I want them on my first try, I'd only be making scratch sprites. The case is that I'm not, and that's that.

Years
    I bet if you practiced scratching, you'd get really good. I've seen your Leta line scratches. They're awesomely done and they look genuine Nintendo-quality. Your sprites never fail to astound me, though. Awesome work. Simply awesome. ^^

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
    Years
    Oh wow, these are great sprites (big too) Your initial sprite (black one with yellow circles) is fantastic, I'm only familiar with blue/red/yellow saphire/ruby/emerald so I dont know where some of these pokemon are from =(

Again lovely job with these.

~Icestar~

#1 Warriors Fan
    Years
    Oh! So cute! I love your Umbreon! I wish I wuz that good...btw do you know how to do it on MS paint cuz your tutor just makes mine look blocky... see?
    So if you've got tips or something please PM me. i'm desperate to make Pixel-overs that look good. Maybe they should be bigger or what? Plus my parents would get REAL mad at me if I even asked for Imageready so ya, see what you can do. If it's not possible without the blocks, thats fine, I'll just make it bigger. Plus if not for your guide i wouldn't be such a good spriter. Go ter the link in my sig, if ya'd like, and check the site out.

Last edited:

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    dude256 said:
    Oh wow, these are great sprites (big too) Your initial sprite (black one with yellow circles) is fantastic, I'm only familiar with blue/red/yellow saphire/ruby/emerald so I dont know where some of these pokemon are from =(

Again lovely job with these.

It's an Umbreon... Dark evo. of Eevee... *smiles* I still love them Dragonfree!

~JBCBlank

Dragonfree

Years

This is Chalenor from my fic, and at the moment he is angry, but his markings look better green than red so I made them green even though they're supposed to be red when he's angry.

Shadowumbreon, your Eevee looks fine for a beginner. It's not Paint's fault. You just need a bit more practice.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
    Years
    Nice pic Dragonfree, pose is pretty cool, but it seems like its < shoulder is broken (maybe that arm should be 5px higher or so...or perhaps its torso is tilting down a bit?) I love its design alot, black kitties with neon glowing emblems/runes/horns are cool XD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back