• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    OOC: I hope you dont mind but I just made a major change to my characters apperence. Since Torchic has a lot of detail to its appearence I wanted to include large things.

IC:
    Cain woke up with a grumble. The day went by really fast. The indigo plateo didnt have as many pokemon around it as it usualy had. The day itself was very fun. Tom was someone Cain wanted to be friends with since he had all the great qualities. He was fun and resorcefull.

Cain finnaly got out of bed. The sunlight was still streaming though. He went to his mirror and to the hair brush and shrieked.

In Cain's reflection he had blond hair. What the, im not supposed to have blond hair. Did someone dye my hair as a prank?. He put on all his clothes and decided to say that he wanted to dye his hair for some time.

Cain went downstairs and saw Tom. But for some reason that puzzled Cain Tom felt very different. His appearence seemed strange to Cain. Of course he still looked the same. Tom of course seemed to feel the same about him. But his features were more distinct

Years
    Psyduck? Wait, what? How did this conversation start again? I was questioning myself about this mysterious person's question. Well, I might as well answer. The poor guy was probably missing a Psyduck or something. I didn't want to ask; I thought it would hit a weak spot or something.

"No, I've never owned a Psyduck before," I answered. As much as I wanted to leave it at that, and continue on, I just had to ask. "Why do you ask?"

At that moment though, Officer Jenny appeared and asked us if we were okay. "I'm fine," I said.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Ruya stretched as she walked around her room, getting her blood flowing. She hadn't slept well the night before. Not surprising as she had spent most of the day doing nothing. If she didn't travel and use up energy she couldn't sleep. She took a second quick shower then dressed and made the bed. "I don't plan to stay here another night," she said, blinking at the slight irritation in her eyes, "so I might as well tidy up. I'll talk to Nurse Joy about a fee as well. I was only supposed to spend one night here for free."

The task complete, she reached up to scratch her nose. "Ouch!" she yelped, jerking her hand away from her face and looking down at her nails. They didn't look any different, a bit longer, but it had hurt. She approached the mirror to see if she had cut herself. A tiny droplet of blood oozed from a small scratch on her nose. Nothing serious. "I've got to trim my nails more often."

A frown suddenly crossed her features. She squinted then unsquinted, examining her stormy blue eyes. They looked...different somehow, darker perhaps. Shaking her head, she wiped the small cut on her nose and exited the room.

The first thing she noticed upon entering the main area of the Pokemon Center was Tom, Cain, and a third boy she didn't recognize. The frown returned to her face for a brief moment. Tom and Cain looked a little different, though Cain was far more obvious than Tom. The frown vanished as she approached them, replaced by her usual cheery grin. "Morning again," she said brightly, "love the hair," she added to Cain.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    (Ah, okay guys, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Now, if it's alright with you guys, can I make it so that my person lives in Viridian instead, then? I haven't mentioned where Izzy lives in the rp itself, so it shouldn't be a problem, but I thought I'd ask anyway...)

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Oh, no reason," Travis replied, embarassed that he had even asked, "It's just that, well, you just seem to be giving off-well- a Psyduck-y... aura." he finished lamely, before slapping himself across the forehead. Way to go, Travis. That was... smart. he berated himself. "What I mean is," he began, attempting to save face, "You're just someone that seems like a Psyduck to me- you know, and when I bumped into you, you felt a little slippery to me, so I guess my brain just made some kind of weird conclusion- oh whatever!" he shouted, growing angry at himself. "I think I must be going crazy- see, I thought you smelled like a Psyduck. How weird is that, eh?" he finished, attempting to laugh it off.

Travis, stop acting like an idiot. You're trying to hide yourself. Let out your feelings- what would Ryota think if he saw you right now? a little voice in Travis's brain chided.

Travis nodded. Right. He'd probably call me an idiot. he mused, smiling as he remembered his friend's favored way of dealing with Travis's "Space-out" moments. Returning his gaze to the stranger, he extended his hand. "Sorry about that. I guess I'm still a little shaken over the whole star-thing. I'm Travis. Travis Wright, to be exact." he laughed, before sweeping his gaze around the room, taking a look at the new arrivals. "Friends of yours?" he inquired, curiously.

Years
    I stared at Travis strangely. Okay, that was one way for someone to introduce themselves to me…

"Alright…I'm Tom. Tom Rivor," I said, shaking his hand. I looked at the others and added, "and I guess I'll say, these are my friends." In my mind, I was thinking something along the lines of, 'yeah…okay, that's cool I guess.' I was surprised I didn't say, 'whatever.' I sniffed the air, but found nothing. "Psyduck?" I asked again, still wondering why I would smell like a Psyduck.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Cain's faced started redding. He replied with a simple

"Thanks"

Something was with Ruya. She seemed more mischevious then usual. Tom of course seemed just plain wierd.

Cain went up to Tom and asked "Hey tom, Sleep well? Oh hang. Tom did you get a haircut or something?"

Alana

Years
    It took all of Ruya's self-discipline to prevent her from leaning over and sniffing Tom to see if he smelled like a Psyduck. There was a slightly odd smell in the air, but it didn't smell like Psyduck to her, then again, she didn't know what a Psyduck smelled like. The only Pokemon's scent she could recognize were her own, and that was because she often used them as pillows.

A thought struck her and she turned to Travis, "Do I smell like a Pokemo..." she stopped, squinting slightly again, her head was beginning to pound. It was a faint sensation but an annoying one. "Never mind," she finished sweetly. "I'm Ruya Ehiro, pleasure to meet you," she put on an innocent smile, offering her hand to Travis.

Years
    Haircut? First a Psyduck smell thingy, now a haircut? I felt my hair just to be sure that nothing happened over the night. I felt the length; it seemed about right. But then I realized that it indeed did feel just a tad bit shorter. Well, I hadn't noticed it, so it didn't really bother me much. "No," I said. "By the way, your new hair color seems to match perfectly. When'd you dye it?" Well, that was at least one way to change from me to someone else.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Um... Ruya, was it? You do smell like a Pokemon," Travis began, and before he knew what he was saying the words had tumbled out. "You smell like a Sneasel. A female Sneasel. A female Sneasel. In the heat."

Before he had even had a chance to finish his sentence, he was already on the ground and bowing in front of the newly arrived girl. "My dear, I am madly in love with you! Let us leave this place and- GREAT MEW, WHAT AM I SAYING?" he shouted, arresting himself in mid- proffesion. "I'm very sorry, very sorry, I'll never do that again, I promise..." he began, slowly backing off. If he was lucky, he wouldn't get his head chopped off and served to him on a silver platter.

Yeah. If you're lucky. His brain agreed, sarcastically.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    The strange newcomer by the name of Travis started to smell Ruya. Then all of the sudden he went insane by the smell.

Cain went towards Travis and asked him "What are you doing? Why are you bawling on the ground. You have just met Ruya." Then all of the sudden Travis made a face that Cain knew very well. He was sniffing him now

"Okay mr. Elephant what do I smell like?"

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    Isabel paced the streets of Viridian, feeling rather confused. She was.. really craving ice. Not even a snowcone at this point, just... ice. In winter, of all times. It was really strange, to say the least, and it was driving her crazy. Who in the world had ice cravings? Not anyone she knew, that was for certain.

And then there was the strange matter of feeling comfortable in the cold weather. As far as she knew, most people didn't appreciate wintry weather, but she felt... extremely content, oddly enough. It wasn't perfect, but she certainly felt better than she had in the seventy-two degree house. Although now she had to lug around her useless jacket... that kind of sucked. Kind of like how people were currently looking at her like she was crazy... or the craving for ice that was tugging at her insides like some kind of parasite...

Izzy's face scrunched up in frustration. This was really starting to get under her skin... She needed a distraction. Or something. Anything.

She looked around her. There was a Pokemon Center nearby... maybe she could check to see if anyone had seen Nunu there. It was highly unlikely, considering the current events, but the teen figured she'd give it a shot. It would be something to waste time, at the very least.

Brushing her bangs out of her face, she headed inside the center. Once inside, she couldn't help but feel a looming aura around the place and suppressed the urge to turn the other direction. It almost felt like the equivalent of being in a ghost-town, or being in a clinic for depressed people. It was rather hard to ignore, but the lanky, t-shirt clad and blonde-haired girl somehow managed, and decided to approach a nearby group of trainers.

"I know I probably shouldn't bother asking, 'cause I know the answer, but have any of you seen a young Meowth by any chance? My little cousin wants me to ask everybody I run into..."

She grimaced. That was probably wasn't too smooth a move on her part...

Alana

Years
    The first bit of Travis's reply was amusing. A Sneasel, eh? From that point onward it was all down hill. By the time he got to the part about being very, very sorry, Ruya's mouth was slightly open and she was at a loss for words. Her first instinct was to test the sharpness of her nails on Travis's face, but she couldn't make her arm move yet.

The inability to move didn't last long, just long enough for him to back off a bit. She closed her mouth, opened it again, then made a noise that was somewhere between a gurgle and a growl. "I think I'm well within my right to slap your face off," she said coolly. And I would to, she thought angrily, if this headache weren't getting worse. Normally she wouldn't have allowed a headache to stop her from smacking someone who deserved it, but it was getting worse. Plus Cain jumped in and began reprimanding Travis. She decided to let him go this time and concentrate on the throbbing in her head. Perhaps some food would help.

So, rather than hit him, she turned on her heel and said, "I'm off to get some breakfast."

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    A girl came around and asked if anyone saw her Meowth.

Well im sorry, But i know from a very reliable source that all pokemon have disapeared from this planet."

Cain regreted saying this because an overwhelming sadness must have went over her face

"Dont be sad. Everybody elses pokemon is gone as well. So it doesnt mean the Meowth ran away or anything. It just means something else is at work here

Years
    I turned to the unknown voice. That was weird; probably not as weird as this Travis person, but a Meowth? "Does your sister happen to know…you know, about what's going on…around the world?" I turned back to Travis. Okay, I had to admit, I'd seen strange things before, but this guy's just…weird beyond words.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    OOC: No bunnying my character, Grim! *Slaps* I'm not trying to mini-mod or anything, but I don't like it when people dictate my character's actions for them. Kindly let Travis make a fool of himself on his own.

BIC:

Travis slapped his forehead as Ruya left the room. "And there goes another chance to actually make friends with a girl. I am so sorry about that, you guys. I have no clue what came over me." As he sniffed the air, he noticed that besides the Pokemon scents his new "Buddies" were giving off, he could practically smell everything that was happening in the Center, from the aroma of the hyper potions stocked in cabinets (which he realized, with a slight sadistic laugh, were now useless) to the bacon being fried in the kitchen. And something else too. He couldn't put his finger on what it was, but it made his mouth water, and sent his brain into ecstacy. Thinking back, he tried to remember what it was- he could vaguely recall smelling it before. Then it dawned on him. After all those mornings of sharing breakfasts with an egg-fetished Zangoose, how could he forget? Scrambled eggs! And good ones too, he realized. Top quality. He sighed, remembering his days with Ryota- even as a young Zangoose, Ryota had been egg-obsessed. With a pang, Travis realized that unless Morty's suspicions about the Rainbow Wing were correct, he would never be able to enjoy breakfast with his aniki again. It was a sobering thought. "Hey, listen... does anyone want to join me for breakfast? I've got a story to tell that I think might make up for my behavior earlier." He asked, looking at the group of people surrounding him.

Last edited:

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    Jenn eyed the ecclectic group of trainers, trying not to seem too obvious. Periodically, she would avert her gaze or hide her nose in the pages of her novel. She knew it wasn't at all polite to evesdrop, but, well, the conversation was so entertaining. Smelling like a pokemon? Especially this new boy,making declarations of love. Looks like the cheer hadn't gone out of people completely, after all. She was almost tempted to go over and introduce herself, but she didn't dare...

Just as she thought that, however, a girl came in and asked about a missing meowth, and was shot down--albeit nicely--by one of the three boys; Jenn couldn't tell, because at that moment her face was turned back to her book. The other girl left in a huff to get some food, which reminded Jenn to finish off the last remaining watermelon pieces in her salad.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    Izzy laughed half-heartedly, glancing to the side as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Oh, she knows, but she just has some faint hope of finding her. I guess it's a little kid thing or something..."

Heh, wow, Izzy, you're really smooth today...

Years
    I shrugged to Travis. I guess breakfast was a better way to start this morning. It was way better than standing right there at the entrance to the place that used to almost always populate with trainers. "Sure, I guess." I turned to this new person standing next to me. "You want to join us? I mean, for breakfast? It's always nice to meet someone new."

Alana

Years
    Ruya's temper had leveled out by the time she sat down at a table with a few pieces of toast and half a grapefruit. She looked down at the food in distaste. For some reason, hungry thought she was, she didn't fancy it at all. Her stomach yearned for something a little more...meaty? No, that wasn't it. Close though. Her eyes scanned the menu where so many things had been crossed out in red marker. They locked on a picture of a plate of eggs. Her stomach growled hungrily.

"Odd," she muttered, raising a hand to rub her head, "I've never been that thrilled by eggs. They're nice every once in a while, but not something I'd long for." A soft sigh escaped her lips. Her mood wasn't getting any better. She was hungry and she didn't want to eat what was on her plate, her head was pounding, and she was still annoyed at Travis's proclamation of love, though, now that she thought about it, it had been kind of funny. Maybe the guy was just messing around. No sane person would actually do something like that and be serious about it, would they?

The toast wasn't terrible once she took a bite of it. A sip of artificial milk helped, too, as did a piece of grapefruit. She couldn't eat it very fast, but it tasted just fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back