• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Travis had hardly set down at the table when he saw Tom get up. "What? Breakfast is over already? Dang, you guys eat faster then Ryota does... or at least, faster then he- did..." Travis almost dissolved into tears again, before forcing himself to continue. "He was... my Zangoose. My best friend. Heck, we were like brothers. That's what I used to call him, you know- aniki. Older brother, or big brother. We were inseparable. In fact, I keep thinking I'll see him again. I'll wake up and think I'm going to see him again, or hear him snoring, and he isn't there. It's pretty depressing. Anyway, did anyone else want to hear my story? I've gotta warn you- I don't have any proof that it's true, but it really happened, and I'm sure that we can bring it to an end together."

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Before I walked out I wanted to make sure I had everything, I made sure and started to walk up to Joy to pay for my night but she said it was on the house. I smiled at that and kept going, I then found something on the ground. It was a... Silver cross? I shrugged and hung it around my neck for good luck, it seemed to feel so good. I kept walking and looking at other people who were once trainers, I had heard of the situation last night and I didn't really care the least bit. On my way out I could've sworn there was a rainbow of smells everywhere, strange. I ignored the thought and once I walked through the double doors I knocked into somebody.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    Izzy barely had time to answer Cain's question, as he seemed to have gotten distracted and asked someone else a question first. Not that she really cared: She was only going to retort with a smart remark anyway. It wasn't his business, in her opinion.

Starting to feel full from all of the ice she had eaten, strangely enough, the blond teen stopped eating to listen more intently to the others' conversation. Or at least, she was going to, anyway: As soon as she did so, one of group, Tom, left, ending it as abruptly as it had started. She frowned slightly, disappointed that she'd had given no input.

About to leave the table herself, Izzy instead decided to stay when a new person(Whom she had seen... spasming or something, but had chosen to ignore at the time, if memory served her right.) arrived. Whether this was out of boredom or politeness, however, the girl had no idea. She figured it was probably a combination.

She had to admit that she was somewhat intrigued when one brought up his relation with his Zangoose, and figured the boy's story was worth a listen, though her facial expression seemed to say otherwise. In a somewhat dry tone of voice, she replied.

"Sure, why not? Shoot."

Years
    I entered the cafeteria again. There wasn't much I could say about saying thanks to this girl. I saw her reading, so I thought it would be rude if I just said thanks while she was in the middle of something. I decided I would wait for a better time to say thank you, when she wasn't so into the book. It was the nice thing to do. Now, I made my way back to the table and sat down with the rest of the group.

"Sorry I left so suddenly," I said, "I had to...go to the bathroom. Hey Travis."

I looked around. This was exactly how I pictured a good day; just hanging with friends, even though I just barely met them. It was better than doing nothing and sulking on the fact that everything that made this world, well, this world was gone. That was in the past; now it was time to look at the future. And the future saw a good breakfast in the morning.

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    ((*kicks bogus work schedule* D=))

Jennifer returned to her book when the group left. Almost as if on cue, she entered a particularly boring, description-filled passage about some obscure jungle ruins. She began to long for their presence again. It had felt...cheerful when they were around. Familiar, almost? She couldn't place it. Like there was a group that she belonged in. She wanted to be part of a, a--

--a herd, her mind filled in. She had to blink at that. Sweet Mew, this day was turning out wierd.

All of a sudden, she saw Tom come out of the cafeteria and speak with the Nurse. A shiver went down her spine. Busted! She knew that it was inevitable, but still, it made her nervous all the same. After exchanging a few words with Joy, he turned towards her...quickly, she shoved her nose back into her book and made as if she was having the best darned time in her life. He seemed to get the hint, and walked off. She almost sighed in relief, but a moment after, regretted it. Augh, why was she so nervous? Her mind couldn't stop coming up with the worst possible scenarios...that he'd laugh at her, or insult her, say that he didn't need her charity, or worse. She bit her lip. It took her a minute or two, but she came to a decision.

She set the book down, screwing her cap well onto her head (her hair was still full of static, it was a curse), and walked into the cafeteria. She immediately spotted Tom and his friends, sitting at a large table, talking animatedly. At the sight, her stomach twisted into a flurry of knots, and she quite nearly scampered back out. Gathering every scrap of courage she had--it wasn't much--she took a gulp from her inhaler and made a beeline for them. She had to act before she got frozen by fear.

She approached Tom tentatively. "U-um, hi," she started, smiling with a nervous twinge, "m-may I join you?--if it's not a problem or anything," she quickly added, ready to bolt at a moment's notice.

Years
    That was a very big surprise. It was the girl again. And she was asking to sit down with us. "Alright, that's cool I guess," I said. I began to think again, still thinking that I remembered the girl from somewhere. Still, I couldn't think of anything. It was just piling up in my mind to the point where I just had to ask; it was overwhelming. "Do I know you?" I asked. I don't know if that was the right way to say it, but I needed to say something, and that was the main question in my mind. "I mean, th—," opps, I was about to say something I didn't want to mention to Cain or Ruya. "Uh, yeah, I feel like as if I've met you before. Have we?"

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    Jennifer took a seat, delighted to have been accepted. As soon as he came out with the question, however, she bit her lip, rather embarassed. He was definitely going to be angry with her...she suddenly found her shoes very interesting, clasping and unclasping her hands nervously.

"We, um, well, we didn't actually meet, really," she began, and already felt that those were the wrong words. "But, um, well, on my first night here, I'd been having a really bad, awful day--" understatement of the century, "--and well, you gave me an apple." She flashed him a fond smile. "It was...it was really n-nice of you. So, um, I...I paid you back for it."

She let the implication of that hang between them, hoping he wouldn't take it badly.

Years
    Uh oh, I think she just said something I didn't want out. I had to quickly say something before Cain or Ruya could say anything and get suspicious. "Oh, well gee, that was really nice of you…I think…you spent a lot of money on extra flashlights for me because I gave you something that costs a dollar down the street?" I was really hoping that either Ruya or Cain would buy that and this new girl would get the hint. "Um, anyways, I'm Tom. What was your name again?"

At that second, the waiter came back and asked if there was anything else we needed. "Another menu would be nice," I said. He left and returned just as quickly, placing the menu facedown in front of…this new girl. Whoever she was, as always for me, I liked hanging around with new people. I didn't want her to leave.

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    Jennifer was shy, but not stupid. She suddenly got an 'oops!' expression on her face, which she quickly tried to hide. "Yeah, I hope you like them. I'm Jennifer, but you can call me Jenn. How long have you, um, been in Viridian?" Small talk, make small talk. Small talk avoided the awkward.

She was getting more and more comfortable around Tom; he didn't send her any dangerous vibes of the sort she was getting from Travis and Ruya. It was an odd feeling of discomfort, as if they were both...sharp. That was the feeling; an impression of sharpness, like knives. Tom, on the other, seemed cool, in the sense of cold, or slippery, and by extension benign; if it came down to a fight (what the heck was she thinking?), she felt like she could hold out against him.

Water-not-predator, sharp-predator-run, her mind was divided.

((EDIT: Quick question. Are ALL the humans on Earth experiencing things just as we are, or will we be the first to transform?))

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    OOC: I think that all humans are experiencing changes. I was planning on having Professer Oak do some foreshadowing a little while ago but its to late for that.

IC:
    Cain started talking to Tom

"Well Tom. I had better get going. Ive spent 3 days in Viridian alone. I still need to go to Pewter."

Sensing Tom's disapointment he quickly added

"Oh what the hell. I might as well stay one more week. But thats it."

Cain then got up and went to his pokenav. He searched through his contacts quickly

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Sorry I don't have an actual post to the RP, but that post I made before, was talking about you guys! In case you didn't know or just plain brushed me... XP! Well, just pretend I asked now, and that the post came like, now... Please, because I don't wanna be all alone. *is sad.*

Oh Crud! I missed so much! Can I just like time blip all the way to outside the Pokemon center because I have been gone so long. Thanks if yes...

Zaiku, felt weird… He seemed a tad more graceful since travelling from Mt Moon, his hair seemed neat, and his clothes looked a bit like robs for some reason. He walked feeling so elegant, and he seemed to be much more capacitated in thought. He walked seeing others sad. He could somehow sense their emotion with excruciating detail… Even more so than usual. These changes seemed rather minor, but Zaiku couldn't help but put it into full thought. He continued walking and saw an odd group of trainers inside the Pokemon centre cafeteria, after reading through their emotional aura, he could detect they seemed to be slightly offbeat as well, he walked up to question them.

He seemed to be speaking a smidge more politely than usual.
    "Hi, I don't want to be rude, but I feel really different ever since the comet, like I am slowly changing, do any of you feel or look slightly different? Just out of curiosity."
    He patiently awaited their response…

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Alright. Listen to this..." Travis began, before reaching into one of his pockets and removing his wallet. Opening it up, he pulled out a faded photograph. The Zangoose in the picture was laying on its belly, head facing the camera, laughing, while Travis laid beside him, upside down. "That's Ryota," he said, pointing to the Zangoose. "He was my aniki. He and I did everything together- when Mom died, I was only a little kid. Ryota took care of me, and when I got older I did the same for him. We'd been together for years when the star took him. But anyway, I found something weird. As you may imagine, losing Ryota like that was pretty hard on me, so I went to the place he and I first visited on our journey: Ecruteak, Johto. And that's where I found something bizarre." Travis paused a moment for breath.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I was knocked to the ground in the collision, " Ouch!" I shouted falling on my bottom. I looked up and stared, it was a tall and scary looking man and next to him was a beutiful lady with long lushious red hair. The man scowled at me, " Watch where you're going next time! Stupid kid!" He shouted at me as he picked me up by the scruff of my neck and throwing me to the ground out of his way. I felt the impact of the ground again but much harder then last time and I could feel my left leg and one of my lower right ribs make a small cracking sound, tears started to flow down my face as I just sat there, crumpled on the floor. The man wore a smirk and proceeded to laugh as he went up to the front desk to demand what was going on in the world. The lady looked sad at me, showing sympathy and mouthing the words " Sorry, are you all right?" I just stared at her with tears dripping and she reached into her bag puling out two things. I saw a wallet and a lollipop she gave me a twenty with the lolipop and mumbled sorry again going to join her boyfreind. The tears started to slowly stop as I stuck the lolipop in my mouth and proceeded to get something to drink from the cafeteria, limping the whole way.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    (Zaiku: I didn't make reply to your character's question 'cause I thought you were addressing some other group of people. You said they were outside the PokeCenter, but the group I think you were talking about is in the PokeCenter cafeteria. ^^; )

Izzy raised her eyebrows, her bored facade having clearly vanished. Granted, there was almost always something bizarre going on in Ecruteak, but something told her that this was worth listening to anyway.

"Something bizarre? What did you find?"

(Eh, sorry it's so short... I've been having brainfarts again. ;>3> )

Years
    OOC: Sorry Zaiku, in reality, I had no idea it was us you were trying to get attention to. >_> My bad.

--

Bizarre? How bizarre? "What did you find?" I asked. He had started with introducing his companion and losing his companion; I can't imagine how that feels, well, because I never really got that attached to Pokémon. Yes, I felt a little bad when they were gone from this world, but I had never experienced what Travis is telling me. Now, he was telling us what he found in the first place he met his friend. I was interested in what was to be said.

Then someone walked towards us and interrupted suddenly. It was a weird question, and again, I felt exactly how I felt when I first saw Travis and heard his weird question; did I own a Psyduck. I was going to say something, but then realized that it was true; I did feel slightly different. Why not humor the guy?

"Sort of," I said. "I think I feel different. I don't know."

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "I found what could possibly be the last remaining thing on the face of this planet that even reminds people of a Pokemon." Travis paused for breath once more, before dropping the bombshell. "I found a Rainbow Wing. One of the mystical feathers of the legendary Ho-oh, said to be able to open the way to the lair of the golden bird. It was sitting on top of Ho-oh's statue, on top of the Tin Tower, on a necklace. Like I had been meant to find it. So, I pulled it off the statue and brought it to Morty. You know, the Gym Leader of Ecruteak? I wanted to see if he could use his ability to gaze into the future to tell me more about the Wing, and even if he couldn't, he is the world's expert on Ho-oh...." slowly, Travis began to get caught up in his tale, to the point where he felt he was reliving that day all over again.

He paused at the door, Rainbow Wing in hand. As he brought his hand up to knock, he hesitated. What if he was wrong about this man's abilities? Still, he reflected, this was his only option. If he couldn't find what he was looking for here, maybe he could learn the place where he could find it out. With renewed determination, he rapped on the door.

For a few minutes, there was silence. Then, a sobbing voice moaned "Go away!"

"I can't do that! I have something here for Morty to look at." he replied, determined. He couldn't give up here. If he did, he lost all chance of ever seeing his
    aniki again.

"I am Morty," the voice replied, in a slightly more even tone. It seemed that the man was recovering slightly, "But I can't help you. When my Pokemon dissapeared, my powers faded. I can't see anything now. I'm no good anymore, and my life is ruined. I'll beg you not to intrude on my misery. Now go away."

"But if you're Morty, then you're the world's expert on Ho-oh, aren't you?" He pressed.

"What of it? It's no good anymore." Came Morty's voice, even more despondent this time. The sobbing had stopped, but in that voice he could sense his own feeling of ultimate loss.

"Then I have something that you can help me with," he began, then throwing caution to the winds, he announced "I found a Rainbow Wing."

For a few moments, there was agonizing silence. Then the door swept open, revealing a young man in his late twenties or early thirties with a heavily tear-stained face. His eyes zeroed in on the Rainbow Wing as his caller held it out towards him. "Tell me where you got that." Morty gasped.

"He did the reading after that. And you won't believe what he said." Travis continued, pausing to grab and swig a glass of water.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    At the mention of her home town, Ruya perked up. She turned her stormy eyes curiously on Travis, forgetting for a moment that he had recently dropped to the ground and proposed love to her. She listened to his tale about Ryota, the Zangoose that had been his Pokemon companion. She felt a jolt of sympathy towards him. After all, she had lost her Pokemon too.

When he mentioned the finding of a real Rainbow Wing, Ruya sat bolt up right, her eyes wide in amazement. One part of her wanted to exclaim that that was impossible, but the other told her to shut up and listen. Travis continued, talking about visiting Morty. Wise move, she thought approvingly, he's certainly the first person I would have thought of.

Travis continued, describing Morty's grief which made Ruya have a split second desire for home. There were lots of people there who must be suffering, her family included. She was in Kanto now, however, and that was where she had to stay for a while. Going back home would make things much worse, she knew that. But what if the Rainbow Wing holds an answer? If it does I could go back to Ecruteak and help investigate or something. I know the town as well as anyone else, and I've snuck into those towers plenty of times before.

Her thoughts quieted as Travis continued, eventually pausing to take a drink of water. He had chosen a very annoying time to do so, and Ruya couldn't help asking, "What did he say?"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    "Hello Professer Oak?"

He paused for a while. Then asked

"Professer, are there any updates?"

Then Professer Oak said in a hurry

"Cain, ive got no time to talk. But things have progressed greatly. We have had a major update and we have more theorys as to why pokemon have disapeared"

Then Professer Oak paused. Cain heared shuffling then

"Sorry Cain I have no time to talk. I will call you later"

Then he heared a click. Cain sighed and went back to Tom's table and asked

"Whats everyone talking about?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I had bought some apple juice and had gotten pulled into Travis's story, Come on... come on I thought to myself in suspence and then he just had to take a swig of his stupid water, he just had to! I scowled and drunk some more apple juice from the small plastic cup, Could probally pass as a sippy cup, probally IS one I thought angrily to myself slurping from it. The people here had mistaken me for a child much younger, I hadn't had the heart to tell them and had just let them give me the small sippy cup. I waited in suspence waiting for Travis to continue, the tears on my face had faded and my leg was feeling slightly better and the lolipop was still in my hand, but I still felt mad about that man and hoped he got what he deserved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back