• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Travis left us all at such a hang; he told his tale professionally, in a way that everyone must listen to. It was as if it were the most important thing in the world at the moment; and with the mention of Ho-oh, it probably was. I didn't want him to stop, but of course, everyone needs a water break. I waited for him to continue on. I got so interested in what he was saying that I completely forgot the person who just asked me a question beforehand. I know I answered, but I was just a little more impatient to hear Travis out than this other person I'd never met.

"Alright, don't leave us hanging; what happened?"

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    She listened to Travis with rapt attention, even if he did give her bad vibes; he was a very good storyteller, certainly. She felt a pang of sadness when he described his and Morty's loss. She herself hadn't owned, or even liked, any pokemon, but she could understand losing a friend, and she could definitely understand how one's life could come undone in a matter of hours. Her previous conversation with Tom vanished form her mind, replaced with questions: did Travis still have the Rainbow Wing? How had Morty done a reading without powers--assuming he needed them to perform it? She chose not to ask, figuring that if she was patient the questions would answer themselves.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Zaiku, didn't seem too surprised by the answer, Zaiku smiled then. "I appreciate, you trying to asking Tom." At this, Tom seemed shocked he knew his name and his attitude.
    Zaiku cupped his mouth. "Did I just? Is it? Is your name actually Tom?"
    Tom nodded, looking slightly confused.
    Zaiku began "Its as if I can hear extra voices since the comet, I feel like my sences are beyond or something." Zaiku tried explaining. Zaiku stuck out his hand. "I'm Zaiku! Nice to meet you! You wouldn't mind if I stick around with you would you? We will see how far the changes go..." Asked Zaiku, fading his voice out in confusion at this last sentence.

Years
    OOC: Zaiku, please don't bunny characters. I would say more, but you pretty much bunny'd my character in a way that I most likely would have made him react anyways. >_>

Just please don't do it again.

--

"Um, okay…" I was slightly confused. What the heck was going on anyways? Today, I just entered the Pokémon Center and immediately met with three people I didn't know, all in the morning. Now this person is coming up and asking to sit with us after knowing pretty much my name and all. This young person, possibly 12 or 13 years old, wanted to sit with us. If he were to be at a much older state, I would have probably thrown him off at the fact that he knew my name. And there goes another point for the weirdest things of the day, already in the morning; he knew my name, and wanted to see how far some 'changes' will go. Today was a weird day.

I whispered to Cain, "Did you realize today seems a little…weird-ish?"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Tom wispered to Cain if today seemed wierd Cain replied

"Since I left Pallet every day has been wierd. But today seemes more wiered then usual."

Cain then got up and wispered to Tom.

"Tom, im going to check out Viridian. If you want come with me'

Then Cain went out of the Pokemon Center. The fresh air felt good with a jacket on. Cain started wondering wether Tom followed him.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    OOC: Sorry, I thought it would be ok if I kept it minor... I'll just not bunny all together.

Zaiku gave a wry smile, sensing how wierded out Tom was.
    "Cool, I'm gonna check the rest of the place out." And Zaiku waved as he walked around, and noticed somebody in a jacket walking out of the pokemon center. He looked at him, and for some reason knew that his name was Cain. "Wierd..." Whispered Zaiku... He seemed to have minor Psychic powers, but not much further than finding out peoples names.
    Zaiku seemed pretty excited about his ability and then thought to himself... "If Pokemon are gone altoghether... Then that means that so was Erureido..." He walked to a table alone for a few seconds...

He started rumaging through his backpack to see what he had with him.
    He seemed to have a several few donuts and his Pokenav, he also had the awakening stone he found back in Mt Moon. He also had some extra materials, such as a Max revive in case he actually found Erureido and he was in a bad state, an escape rope if he got lost... and a large water bottle. He began munching on another donut. Feeling slightly hungry, his apetitte was rather small, so he did not eat as much as most.

He also carried the Gym badges he obtained with him, and his proof of Hall of Fame. He had remembered the long months spent collecting it all, and travelling all around Kanto. He had done it all with just his Erureido, he had trained long and hard... He walked back to Tom.
    "So, where do we go from here?"

Zaiku asked curiosly as he was set from adventure, but noticed Travis( Name finding powers.) Telling a story, and went to go listen, after tenetically filling himself with the previous part that he hadn't heard, Zaiku seemed to be able to control these powers, it was as if he could hear other voices filling his head with information... Zaiku awaited him to finish his water, while scoping the names of other random people, and the others hanging around with Tom.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Well, Morty took me into his little 'reading room' in the back of the gym. It was just a storeroom, with a big rug over the floor. We sat down, I handed him the feather, and that's when everything became interesting..." Travis continued.

"Magnificent..." Morty murmured, clutching the Rainbow Wing. "You say you found this on the statue of Ho-oh in Tin Tower's neck?"

He nodded impatiently. Ever since Morty had head where the feather had come from, it had been 'simply magnificent', or 'Amazing', or, failing that, 'Ho-oh... I can't believe it...'. Why didn't he just get it over with?

"Alright. Settle down- this may take a minute. I'm not sure how much I can see, even with the boost of the power remaining in this feather. And hold still- I need complete concentration." Morty said, clutching the feather tightly.

He nodded, staring with rapt attention at Morty. This was the moment he had been waiting for. "Remember, I want to know where the Pokemon are." he said.

Morty nodded, closing his eyes. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, suddenly, a wind began to blow, inside the still closed room. Morty's expression began shifting, from happy, to sad, to puzzled. Finally, after what seemed to be an eternity, the wind stopped and Morty opened his eyes. He opened his hand, passing the feather to his client. "I'm sorry. I didn't see where they were." he said, shaking his head.

His eyes welled with tears as he accepted the feather again. His last chance to see Ryota again was gone. His brother was gone. There was no way to bring him back.

Then Morty looked at him, a twinkle in his eye. "But, I did find a way to discover their location!" he grinned.

He perked up immediately. "Tell me. I don't care what it takes."

"I saw a cave in Kanto. Inside, there was a silver feather. Using its power, I can overcome time and space to see anything, but only alongside the Rainbow Wing. Go there, and bring it back. Then we're good."

He nodded. "Thanks. I'm leaving now." He paused. "Morty? I forgot to tell you something. When I looked into the wing, it reflected me as a Zangoose for a minute. Any idea why?"

The gym leader shook his head. "No. I'm sorry. But Travis?"

"Yes?"

"Good luck."

"Of course, predictably, right after that I got mugged by a Rocket. That's why I'm here. I want to find the Rainbow Wing in the one place it could possibly end up: The Kanto black market. Of course, I'm stuck here because I don't even know where that is, other then in Kanto..." Travis sighed. "And that's the end of my story. Feel free to applaud now, or throw flowers if you wish."

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I couldn't restrain myself from speaking, " That story sounded so fake!" I yelled at him taking another sip from my cup. " I mean, reflecting as a pokemon, Finding a feather on a chain and a mystic cave? sounds like something from Zelda." I mumbled taking another drink, man I was thirsty this morning I grabbed my cup for more but saw that it was empty, " Bummer" I mumbled to myself. " I reached into my pockets for some bills and decided I wanted some more apple juice, yes... that would be good. " Anyway, so did you make that up... or what?" I asked the poorly dressed teen.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    The hope that had begun to burn inside Ruya's heart flickered and died when she heard what had happened to the Rainbow Wing. And I helped one of those Rockets escape! She thought angrily to herself. If I see another of those dirty... Her eyes flashed as she thought of several things she wasn't likely to say in public. When AJ spouted that Travis's story was fake, she turned one stormy eye on him. "I grew up in Ecruteak, so maybe I'm more likely to believe far fetched stories, but I believe him." She didn't say anything more but reflected on the Rocket that had escaped for a while longer.

After a short while she let out a sigh and sat back in her chair. "I wish we were still in Johto. It would be so much easier to track Team Rocket there, for me at least," a slight smile crossed her face and she added, "At least we have a lead. If what you say is true, then all we have to do is track down a member of Team Rocket. Perhaps the guy we helped outside Beth's is still around somewhere."

He was injured, not life threatening, but bad enough. If he went to a doctor...there are always medical records. It's worth a shot. Her smile widened and she sat up again. "I think I have an idea on finding him, if anyone's interested in chasing a group of thieves."

Years
    That was a very good idea. I hadn't thought of that. "That's true, but are you sure he was a Rocket? To me, he didn't really look like one." I couldn't decide on myself whether he really was or wasn't. There was only one chance, and that was to get the suspected Rocket. But then again…we could just look for the Black Market if the Rainbow Wing story was true. I wasn't quite sure where that was, but my friend Richard had gone all public showing off what he had bought from the illegal economy back in November. He knew where it was.

"Well, we should first check the hospitals. That was some good thinking Ruya," I complimented. For some reason, I wasn't feeling very hungry anymore, now with determination. "You guys still want to finish breakfast or something?" I asked. I looked at AJ, as if it was directly at him. That glance was more for his rudeness in calling his story fake. Everyone was entitled to their own opinions, but his parents told me to remind him to respect others. I was just doing the job.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Hold it- you guys helped a Rocket earlier?" Travis's eyes narrowed. "If you did, he might be able to tell us where to get that Wing back. Where did you say that he was?" he asked, before turning to Ruya and smiling shyly. "Umm... and thanks for believing me. I'm sorry about earlier..." he began to blush as he continued, "I mean, I don't know what came over me. Maybe losing Ryota had more of an effect on me then I thought... I mean, he always used to do that. Female Pokemon? Relatively good looking? He'd be all over her in a second. I used to have to drag him away. I lost more money like that, paying compensation..." he sighed, remembering his aniki's escapades.

Alana

Years
    Ruya chuckled, "I'm not holding it against you. And there's really no need to thank me for believing you. Like I said, I'm from Ecruteak. I'm predisposed to believe stories involving legends," she smiled wryly then continued, "Still, I think acting like a love crazed Zangoose will cause you problems in the future." She grinned good-naturedly for a moment then turned her attention back to the Rocket problem. "I completely agree with you about checking the hospitals, Tom," she said, giving him a nod of approval, "I had the same idea. Though if he really is a Rocket, it's unlikely that he left his real name or address. However, if we're lucky, he may still be there. Never thought I'd say that, but it's true."

Her mind flashed back to a few nights ago when she had confronted a man pinning a second one to the wall and shouting. "You and the rest of your 'Team Rocket' stole the Pokémon!" Suddenly she let out a little groan and slapped her forehead. "I take it back, I don't think checking the hospitals will do us any good. The guy that AJ knocked senseless wasn't the Rocket, it was just some desperate guy trying to find his Pokemon." A second sigh escaped her and she shook her head. "Well, I think it's back to looking for the Kanto region's Black Market. Anyone got any ideas?"

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    Izzy wore a look of sudden disappointment as Travis finished his story. She was never one to believe in the paranormal, and she certainly wasn't going to start now, as far as she was concerned. In the blond-haired teen's opinion, there was always a logical explanation for everything. There had to be.
    So, it came to no surprise that she completely agreed with the other boy's outburst. The story had to be fake... not that she would tell the others that.

She figured she may as well stay quiet and play along, however, if only to humor herself. Although... she was starting to feel hot again... she figured that maybe she should leave, anyway. Well, until the topic of Team Rocket was brought up. After that, she couldn't help but to suddenly become interested once again. Ever since she was a little girl, she'd had a strange fascination with Team Rocket: She'd never join them, of course, but she knew a fair amount of information about them, and was known to do research about them in her spare time. (Of course, she'd never tell anyone that...)

When Ruya inquired on where the Kanto Black Market might be, Izzy couldn't help but blurt out, "I think I may know where it is..."

(OOC: Anyone have any ideas where it would be? XD Or at least, where a previous location might have been? I'm out of ideas, but I want to have some kind of lead so we can make some progress in the rp.)

Alana

Years
    OOC: What about Vermillion? It's a big city as well as a port city. It'd be an ideal location for Black Marketers to smuggle stuff in and out of Kanto and also a place where they'd get a lot of business. Plus it'd take at least a month to get there by foot which would certainly speed the RP along a bit.

IC: Ruya's eyes darted onto the girl with strawberry blond hair she hadn't yet been introduced to. She vaguely recalled hearing her name mentioned sometime earlier, but she couldn't remember. This was do to the fact that she hadn't been paying attention. "Where?" she asked quickly, fighting to keep the eagerness out of her voice. It wasn't running off after dangerous criminals that she was excited about, it was finding the only clue to the disappearance of her Pokemon. If this girl had any idea where the Kanto Black Market might be, she was ready and willing to listen.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    (OOC: Heh, y'know I was thinking Vermillion for the same reasons, but wasn't quite sure. XP)

IC:

Glancing around to make sure that nobody unwanted(Namely, Officer Jenny. She didn't exactly feel like being questioned anytime soon.) was eavesdropping, Izzy spoke in a slightly hushed tone.

"Well... I've heard that it's somewhere in Vermillion, near the port..."

Her lips twisted into a slight frown, before continuing, "I'm not sure of the exact location, though."

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    Jennifer listened intently to the myriad of voices around her, everyone trying to express their point of view on the outcome of Travis' story. When he declared that the most likely possibility for the Wing's location was the black market, she agreed wholeheartedly, with a little doubt. She knew that a feather like that, one of the only remaining clues as to where to find the missing pokemon, would be more use in the hands of Rocket admins--and would fetch a much prettier penny there than in the Market. Some Rocket leaders, it was known, were among the richest people on the planet, after all. Also, if Travis had been mugged in Kanto, there was little chance it'd be at the border, especially if the man had mugged him here, in Kanto. The Rockets wouldn't let something that precious--their only means of getting their livelihood back--leave the region where they were most powerful. She knew, threw her mother, of two known TR hotspots.

"Celadon," she proposed after a few moments' reflection. "Or S-saffron. But...don't take it for cash." She took a breath before continuing, "if you got mugged by a Rocket in Kanto, chances are low they would have let it leave the continent--and if the grunt isn't stupid, that feather is on a one-way trip into his leader's hands, and Rockets are more prominent in the big cities. Of course if you're saying you got mugged in Johto, then Vermilion, for sure." For the same reasons. She kept her tone down as Izzy had, but it was more out of shyness than anything else.

She bit her lip, suddenly feeling the need to justify herself. What if they didn't believe her? She herself was having doubts as to the veracity of Travis' story, but, well...everyone else seemed to believe. Well, in any case, she didn't want to say any more than she had to--surrounded by people she didn't know. If they didn't believe her, well they just had to look at her face and put 2 and 2 together to figure out she was a cop's kid.

There was also no way she was going to Vermilion, or Celadon or anywhere, especially not on foot. She didn't want to be sucked into some crazy plan.

((...I totally fell asleep at my computer. *ashamed* And ignore that last sentence. I already have a way to get her out of her mother's house. *is creative* xD

EDIT: Forgot to add this--if you guys don't think Saffron/Celadon are good ideas, don't hesitate to say so! xD I think Vermilion's fantastic, especially RP-wise. I just figured there'd be chances of the other places, too. In any case, all three cities are big and close to each other, so...yeah. *shuts up now*))

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    "Well, those are all possible cities." Zaiku began, joining in the conversation. " But Jenn..." Zaiku gave a blunt look as he just said her name without knowing it. "Uhh... I can find out peoples names without asking since today don't ask me why, I seriously don't know why." He explained while laughing at how wierd it was. "But anyway Travis, I believe you as well, I have had wierd stuff happen while collecting the gym badges, and I'll try anthing."

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Alright then." Travis set his face, and pumped his fist in midair, shouting, "Tommorow we go to Vermillion!"

As his voice died away, every customer in the restaraunt who hadn't been listening to his story turned to stare at him.

"Um.... I mean, tommorow we go to Vermillion!" Travis said, as he sheepishly lowered his voice. "But first, we'll need a plan to get there- what's the least dangerous route, and the fastest between Viridian and Vermillion in terms of land features?"

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I still thought the story was fake but I might as well oblige, I looked into my bag noticing that I hadn't even gone home yesterday just kinda fell asleep here. I noticed that the shopping bag was there and that I hadn't tooken mom her medicine, and I hadn't brought Joey home his goodnites, oh our goodnites. " Strike three and I'm out" I mumbled to myself looking through the clutter of the bag until... ah found it! " I have a reigon map" I said holding it up, " It came free with the groceries I bought yesterday!' I exclaimed.
    " So lets see.. Vermillion" I said pretending I could read, let alone read a map. I made a big deal of trying to find it, " I don't see it"

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Zaiku, smiled, and softly laughed, sensing his trouble readng the map.
    He peeked in and began to talk, "Ok, clearly we should take Digletts Cave, it being the fastest way from Pewter which is up North from here to Vermilion... But if we take the long way through Mt Moon from Pewter, which leads to Cerulean then Vermillion." He caught his breath quickly and continued. "While in Cerulean, my parents can make us a good lunch for free... Thats where I live, Cerulean." Zaiku stared at the others awiting their choice, he seemed to be fine with either route...

"Oh yeah guys, I can's believe I forgot to tell you, the name's Zaiku..." Zaiku added, barely remembering to tell them his name...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back