• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    Jenn breathed a sigh of relief; this wasn't just happening to her. Her eyes shyly wandered up to the revealed jewel on Ruya's forehead, and she blnked. "But why are you hiding it? It's so pretty," she said. As far as she was concerned, it was true: it looked exotic and lovely, matching the feline eyes to give the girl's face a hypnotic grace. She didn't comment on the ear, however, because that...wasn't so lovely. It looked badly burnt, and if Jenn hadn't known better, she would have offered sun lotion.

Getting up, she headed quickly back into the bedroom to change: Ruya's stomach had just growled, and she didn't want to be stuck in a small room with her. "So, everyone is like this now?" she asked Ruya again to be sure, taking out a change of clothes from her bag...she would have to work around the transformation. "Or is it just us? I mean, are there other people like this?" At least, if it was just them, they would know that one of them was the catalyst, and find a solution. If the whole world was like this...they were doomed.

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    Kaki thought it would've been extremely hard to fall to sleep that night, on a ship that was in the water. But, as soon as she hit the bed, she was out cold. When she woke up the next morning, Kaki found she had no covers on, and that her throat hadn't gotten any better; only worse.

Kaki instantly sat up and began coughing uncontrollably, instantly covering her mouth with her fist. But, her fist began burning and was soon removed and she soon gained control over her coughing. She looking at her burning hand, noticing the second degree burn.

Kaki jumped up out of bed and rushed to the bathroom, turning on the cold water and resting her hand under it. This soothed her burn and Kaki sighed with relief, lifting her head to look at the mirror before her. Kaki's eyes widened. Her hair was in the oddest style it had ever been in. Not only was is a deeper maroon, it was up in three, big curls, only her bangs hanging infront of her face at the side. Kaki raised her hands and tried to brush her hair back down, but it curled right back up.

Kaki took a closer look and saw that her eyecolor had changed as well. "What's going on?" She asked the mirror. breathing heavily, she felt something odd just above her pant line. She reached back to find out what it was and felt... Fur? She turned to look over her shoulder, finding not just one, but six curly, maroon tails.

Kaki let out a scream, turning in circles to try and get a better look, but finally stopped, looking into the mirror. "What's happening to me? Why do I look like Foxy?" She asked herself, despritely trying to understand. The thought of Foxy made Kaki want to cry, and Kaki finally ended up leaning against the sink for support, balling her eyes out.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    "Everyone I've seen so far today is looking different," Ruya replied, turning around to give Jennifer extra privacy and also to make her feel more comfortable. She really did seem to make the girl nervous. As she tugged her headband back into place she said, "AJ's hair turned blue and he shrank quite a bit, Cain's also shorter and his hair is getting shorter, Zaiku is starting to look rather like a Ralts, Tom looks, well, kind of aquatic, and you should see Travis's new ears."

She didn't get a chance to say much more because there was another scream from the only remaining room which was presumably occupied by Kaki. "And it seems as though Kaki has a new look as well."

What's going on? If we were all related in some way, or had been exposed to something at the same time, or anything, then this would make more sense. But I'm not even from the same country as most of these people! It's crazy...

The best thing she could of doing at the moment was going to comfort Kaki. "I'm going to go see what new features Kaki's gotten. I'll see you at breakfast." She was nearly to the door when she decided to add, "And I promise no one is going to try to eat you. We may be starting to look like Pokemon, but that doesn't mean we're going to act them."

On deck she gave her companions a second look over, her eyes lingering for a moment on Tom's near hat as she wondered what oddity he was hiding, then she continued on to Kaki's room. She knocked gently on the door and said, "Kaki?" The sound of sobbing could be heard from inside. Carefully she opened the door and slipped inside. "It's not just you," she said quickly, looking around until she spotted the girl leaning against the sink.

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    Kaki just couldn't stop crying and sobbing. She didn't care what the heck she looked like... All she wanted was her beloved Pokemon back. Why did they have to leave her? THose Pokemon were her life! What was left of Kaki Moonnite without her Pokemon? Kaki didn't want to know the answer.

"Kaki?" A voice she heard before called. Kaki knew her voice. It was Ruya. "It's not just you." Her voice said, Kaki listening to her footsteps approach. "It's not that..." Kaki cried, shaking her head. "I just... I want my Pokemon... Why did they have to leave me? Why do I have to be reminded of Foxy?" Kaki questioned. She didn't expect any answers.

Soon, Kaki gained control of her tears and refused to look into the mirror again. She wouldn't ever look at herself again. She'd only be reminded of Foxy and then burst into tears. Kaki let herself drop onto the floor. She pulled knees closer to her and wrapped her arms around her legs. "My Pokemon were my life... Now that they're gone... What's left of me?"

Alana

Years
    Ruya stood there, not knowing what answer to give. A great emptiness began to well up within her. The loss of her Pokemon hurt too. She walked over and knelt beside the girl that now resembled a Vulpix and put an arm around her. "I miss my Pokemon, too. But I can't cry for them like you can. I know I'll see them again, I just know it. And I don't mean by this," she raised a gloved hand to eye level.

There was silence for a moment as she tried to think of something else to say. She was surprised to find that her reddish eyes were beginning to burn and quickly blinked. We promised we'd never cry when we lost. We'd just work harder to win next time. I've lost this time, but I will win. I will find them. "I will find them, we all will. The answer lies in the Rainbow Wing and the Silver Wing. We'll find both then Morty will be able to tell us everything we need to know."

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    OOC: Man roleplays move pretty fast. Oh well time to do some foreshadowing

IC:

Cain heared from everyone people had pokemon like symptoms. Cain only thought of one person

"Guys I have an idea. Im going to ask Professer Oak if he knows anything about this."

Cain reached for his pokenav. He punched in Professer Oak on the pokenav. Once he put it to his ear he heared a large racket.

"Professer Oak. Whats going on over there?"

Professer Oak replied with "Cain another breakthrough just came through. Aparently a very large amount of the population is experiencing strange phenominons. Though this was just about everyone we studied."

Then Cain heared some shuffling then "Im sorry Cain I have to call you back".

Then he heared just the dial tone. Cain put his pokenav away and said

"Well, hows about some breakfast. Anyone up for some insects?"

Then he retracted that though. Insects? Whats wrong with me?

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Zaiku looked around, and saw everybody freaking out.
    Then he heard Cain bring up insects...
    Zaiku took off his sweatband and shoved it into his bag as he would no longer need anything to hold his hair... As it was straighter than you could imagine. "I dunno about insects..." Zaiku began, "But your instincts are different now that I can safely say your partially a pokemorph and so is everyone." Said Zaiku still remaining calm as usual. "But for some wierd reason, these clothes I have on right now..."He guestured at his trousers basketball singlet and longsleeve shirt underneath. "I feel like wearing robes... Pure white robes..." Zaiku paused again... "But something else I wanna know... Why are these changes happening?" He asked while fiddling with the red shards poking out of his head.

Years
    OOC: Okay, next post should be of us arriving, docking, and walking on Vermillion soil. ;)

--

I stared at Cain for a moment, wondering if he was actually serious about eating insects. I really didn't feel like answering him right now, so I turned, heading towards room 1, just to stand outside it. It was here that I had heard Zaiku back where I had been saying stuff about being partially Pokémorph. When I heard those words, I just shut my eyes. I waited a couple of seconds, then opened them again, looking all around myself. I was still with the skin; I couldn't believe it, but maybe Zaiku was right.

I didn't say anything. Instead, I walked out, getting on the deck of the boat. I looked out, slightly freezing in the colder temperature, and stared at Vermillion. It was in perfect view, and coming closer by the second. I could make out only a few people there on the shore, but…they all seemed…different, slightly. Not that I knew any of them, but I just glanced and saw things I normally wouldn't see on a human. What was going on with the world?

I leaned against the rails, and said nothing for a long while. We were about to get off into Vermillion. What was waiting for us?

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    The ship had docked and a voice ran through the ship.
    "You have arrived in Vermillion.. Please be careful when getting off the boat and have a nice day." The group got off and Zaiku jumped down onto the ground.
    "Ahh ground..."
    There he saw Brooke running towards him screaming" Zaiku!!!" Still wearing the clothes from the posters...
    She looked much different... She now had pink hair and her ears stood up like a Skitty's. She was transforming as well...
    She stopped in front of him not seeming to notice that anybody looked different, and she didn't seem to care what she looked like either.
    Zaiku suddenly seemed to read her mentallity and she had been so excited about Zaiku she hadn't noticed anything at all...
    She began twirlling her hair... And closed her eyes and leaned forward puckering her lips... Zaiku closed his eyes and suddenly in front of him another Zaiku appeared... A double team... And She ended up kissing the fake while Zaiku was there a foot behind them...

Zaiku absorbed the double and walked back there when she leaned back to regular position.
    "That was the best ever..." She whispered to him... While holding him close up to her... She then became really excited again and ran away screaming...

He then looked at the others...
    "Well I got that out of the way..."

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Vermillion city...

Travis could smell everything that was happening in it as he gripped the rail of the boat. His sense of smell had been supercharged yesterday, and it was off the wall today. He could smell everything, from the stale odor of Pokemon, to the multiple townspeople whose scents baffled him. For some reason, he couldn't smell anything that seemed entirely human. He pondered for a moment on whether to tell the group, but decided against it. Besides, he was hungry, and the only picture his mind could conjure up was a hot salisbury steak garnished with the head of a Seviper and that was really enough trouble for him. Anyway, this was it- if the rocket had brought the wing anywhere, it would be here. "Yo, team!" he called, "Let's stay together! We need to work as one and-" he stopped himself before chuckling "Kyogre's fin, I sound like a drill sergeant." Without another word, he grabbed the rail and kicked off, leaping to the dock, just in time to see Zaiku's girl kiss a fake. He should have done it himself, and then milked it for all it was worth. I mean, after- GREAT MEW, WHAT THE HECK DID I EAT LAST NIGHT THAT'S MAKING ME SO FREAKING HORMONAL!

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    Kaki let everyone in the group she had been accepted into get off the boat before her. She was afraid they'd yell at her from moving as slowly as she did boarding the boat.

Kaki stepped onto the long platform that led to the land of Vermillion, gripping the railing. "Don't look down, don't look down, don't look down..." Kaki mumbled. But, Kaki looked down. Kaki could see the water through the thin spaces between the strong, plastic boards, but that wasn't enough for Kaki.

Kaki sqeaked with discomfort and squeezed her eyes shut, death gripping the rail as she slowly made her way down the ramp and onto the cement. Kaki sighed with relief, but blushed because she was sure someone had been watching her, asking themselves, 'What's wrong with her?'

Kaki swallowed hard and breathed deeply and slowly, gaining what ounce of confidence she had left. Now that her feet were on solid ground, Kaki kind of liked the sound of the waves and the smell of the sea water.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    We finnaly docked at Vermilian. Cain noticed the water and he felt a sudden longing to somehow travel over it but not by swiming or by boat. It was as if he wanted to jump over the entire ocean.

Cain finnaly got off the boat and looked towards Vermilian City. The small port town looked nice and quiet.

Finnaly I leave Viridian and now I am half-way across Kanto

Cain went up to Travis and asked him "So where do we go now?"

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    AJ had shrugged and walked off to leave the sailors on board in shock of the room, AJ wouldn't get caught if he ran off the boat now, So he did. He Decided he didn't like Kaki since she had redish hair, how gross he thought to himself as he deboarded the ship making sure not to slip up considering he couldn't swim. When He got off board he looked around the dock exit with the others, the city was right ahead and seemed to vibrate with enthusiasm, not to mention luster but it was still a bad city, ghetto all the way. He saw some people in groups walking around with bandannas of many diffrent colors, this put a smile on AJ's face as he put a black bandanna around his arm.

Alana

Years
    Ruya stretched as she walked down the ramp towards the shore. The boat trip hadn't lasted very long, but she was still glad to be back on dry land. Plus, they had finally reached Vermillion. Now they could hunt down Team Rocket and get the Rainbow Wing back. After that, well, they'd solve that problem once they came to it.

As she walked towards the small group of people waiting on the dock, she caught site of many tourists and citizens. Just about all of them looked rather distressed and all of them were displaying unusual features. A young girl with odd red antenna poking through her green hair looked completely stressed out as she scampered dispiritedly after her mother, whose hair had become the shape of a flower.

"The world has become so confusing," she girl muttered to herself, scanning the area with her reddening eyes. "I wish I knew why this was happening," she heaved a sigh and added, "I guess we'll know eventually. That Rainbow Wing probably holds the answer."

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Cain looked towards Vermilian then he thought

Where would the black market be located?

"Travis I have an idea. How about we all split up and find the Black Market?"

Cain hoped this plan would work better then his last one did

Years
    I looked around, spotting many people. It was what they looked like that sort of shook me. I was getting a bit…afraid of them. I didn't want to sound mean, but almost everyone looked like…freaks. Freaky people walking in a freaky town in a not-so-freakishly cold weather, and then I heard Cain say we should split up. What?

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I asked Cain, looking around the place. The last thing that shook me before being here was seeing Zaiku double himself; I didn't want to see what would happen when I was alone somewhere out here.

"I've never traveled this far; I don't know the area. I would get lost going alone. I think, if I recall, you said you were a new trainer too. Don't you think we'd get lost?"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    "Good point Tom. Okay how about this. We split up into 2 groups. When 1 group finds something they call the other one via Pokenav."

Tom looked somewhat scared. Cain hoped that this would let his plan work

"Lets try to remain inconspicuous when we are doing this"

Cain hoped this would cheer Tom up. The fact that we werent traveling alone.

Alana

Years
    Ruya couldn't help laughing when Cain mentioned being inconspicuous. "I think that's going to be hard to do. Every person in this city is conspicuous, wouldn't you agree?" She indicated a boy nearby with antlers sticking out of his head. Splitting up didn't sound like a good idea to her. For one thing, she had never been here before, for another, there were some crazy things going on in the world right now.

"I personally think we should stay together in one group, but we would get more done faster if we were in two."

Years
    So, here we were, torn between two suggestions: should we split up for the black market, or stay together? I personally would have liked it for us to stay together, that way if we did see anything, we knew where we were (heck, we'd be right next to each other). Then again, splitting up would help cover a lot of ground. I wasn't so sure of where this black market was, but something was telling me that this was a dangerous thing to do if we split.

"I'm thinking we should stick together," I said. I just had this feeling; it was grasping me and telling me to keep everyone together. Why? That was something I didn't know.

I looked onward, then up. I didn't know what to expect from looking up; I couldn't say the sky was clear, though. It wasn't; it was cloudy in a lot of areas. That, with the air, was making me freeze for a moment. I could take the cold breeze, but I didn't want to be outside anymore.

"Let's just keep moving," I said. I took the first step towards the first building I saw; it was more of a corner store shop. It was in there that I waited for everyone.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Travis nodded when it was suggested that the group stay together. After all, it would be nice to know where everyone was. In his experience, big cities equaled trouble when you got split from a group. Vermillion wasn't as big as some cities he could think of, but it was still larger then most. As soon as Tom vacated the dock and moved into the corner store, Travis followed him, jumping over a small gap in the planks of the dock. I was an odd jump though. Instead of skipping over it as he normally would, Travis simply bunched his legs and leapt straight up into mid-air. He had only intended for the jump to get him over the plank, but instead he found himself sailing directly over what was left of the distance between the dock and the road. As he landed, he shook himself for a moment. Was he dreaming? Nah, he thought, before he slipped through the crowd to join Tom in front of the store, If this were a dream, Ryota would be here and I'd have a cup of coffee.

OOC: ZOMG, Brain Fart.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back