• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Start of Something New!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Plot:​

Josh is a new trainer. Comes from a poor family, so poor that he wasn't able to start his journey for years. Once his father left him for a while to to different regions. His mother is the only one that is ever around for him. The day that he gets his first Pokemon, Charmander his world changes. He goes out to start his adventure, but his world changes. Everything he thought he knew about his dad is a lie. He needs to find out the truth about his father, while dealing with evil villians, beating the Pokemon League, and dealing with some crazy Pokemon.​

The Start of Something New!
    Chapter One: The Start!

The alarm clock buzzed as loud as it could go. I fell out of my bed, hitting the ground. There was a loud thud, and I bet that some dirt fell off of the ceiling. I got off of the ground, rubbing my head. I had really tooken an impact from that.
    "Ow." I muttered to myself.
    I looked out the window to see Pewter City. It was huge, and the sun was shining very bright. It was even hot inside of a building. I didn't have any air-conditioning in the house. My room was seven foot by seven foot. I had to crouch in my room, as my roof was one inch shorter than me. I was five foot four, and my roof was five foot three. My long dirty blonde hair went down to my shoulders. I had the eyes of ocean blue, and I had a pretty good build. I was thirteen years old today, just another year. I wasn't going to have anything happen to me today. I heard foot-steps coming up from the stairwell. It was probably my mother or something. My father was out in Sinnoh for a trip. A "very important" trip coming from him. My mother walked in, her dress going down to the floor. She wore one of her only dresses, and her blonde hair went down to the middle of her back. She had no shoes, but I did. She had the same eyes as me, but she stood at four foot ten. She was very short for her age, and I got my height from my father.
    "Happy birthday!" She shouted.
    "Thanks." I replied to her.
    She saw that I had a sad expression on my face.
    "What's the matter?" She asked me.
    I sighed a bit, sitting down on my bed.
    "Nothing," I started "just that I am going to have to go another year without a Pokemon."
    "About that..." She said.
    I bolted up from my bed, slamming my head on the roof. I rubbed my head, taking in the pain.
    "Ow!" I shouted in pain.
    "Oh honey are you OK?" She asked me.
    "I'm OK. Now, what were you saying about the pokemon?" I replied to her.
    "Yeah, I think your dad stopped by Pallet Town to pick a pokemon up from Professor Oak."
    "Really," I started "did he really do it?"
    She gave me a firm nod, then turned on a heel going down the stairs. I fell down on my bed, excited that my dad may of gotten me a pokemon. I had been waiting for three years for a pokemon, and I might get one today.
    "Well, better go see if this is true." I said to myself, while rolling out of the bed. I crouched down, then went downstairs. I entered my living room, and saw that there was a pokeball, six of them to be exact. There was a note attached to the middle one. I walked over to it to go read it. I opened it, and started to read it.

Son, I know today is your Thirteenth birthday, and how you have always wanted a birthday present. This will be your birthday present for a long time. Anyways, I am in Twinleaf Town in Sinnoh, helping out Professor Rowan. On the way there, I stopped at Pallet Town to get you a pokemon. Professor Oak gave me one to give to you. I hope you enjoy it. Also, I have left five pokeballs, a Pokedex, a Town Map, Medicine, a Backpack, and some Pokefood and plain food for you.

From,
    Your Father
    "OK." I said to myself.
    I reached down to pick up the Pokeball. I pressed the center button on it. Out came a red light that landed on the ground. It turned into a form of a pokemon just a few seconds later. It turned into a dinosaur-like pokemon with a flame on the tip of his tail. I took out my Pokedex to scan this pokemon. It was very easy to operate, and I just had to scan it.
    "Charmander. A flame burns on the tip of its tail from birth. It is said that a Charmander dies if its flame ever goes out." The Pokedex said.
    "Well, I guess you're Charmander." I said while petting his head.
    "Charmander!" Charmander shouted.
    I let him be, while I took the items that my father had gave me. I placed them in the backpack, in order so I wouldn't be so confused as to where everything was. I slung it over my shoulders, then walked over to Charmander again. He was on the couch, waving his tail in a safe distance above the couch.
    "Well, you look like a strong fighter." I said to him.
    Charmander nodded to me, while jumping up into the air. He got into a fighting stance. I let out a little laugh from this. It was quite amusing. I picked up his pokeball, and tried to take him back in. It worked, and he was safely in the ball. It then broke apart instantly, and Charmander landed on the floor. I dropped the ball to the ground then walked over to Charmander.
    "Why did you do that?" I asked him.
    Charmander flicked his tail at me, while I quickly moved out of the way.
    "I guess that you don't like being in the ball?" I asked him.
    Charmander nodded to me.
    "OK. You don't have to be in the ball if you don't want to." I told him.
    Charmander jumped up in down, then ran towards the door.
    "Whoa, calm down speed racer. Brock is a rock type, and you are a fire-type. I know my father told me that fighting types were strong against rock. I know that there are fighting types in Route Three." I told him.
    Charmander nodded to me, while running out of the door. I chased after him, quickly catching up to him. I scooped him off the ground, and placed him on my shoulders. He was quite heavy, but I could just walk with him.
    "Whoa, you are pretty heavy." I told him.
    Charmander let out a little laugh, and swung his tail in the air. I started heading up the city towards Route Three.
    "Charmander, you ready for this? I mean, it is the start of your adventure, along with mine." I told him.
    Charmander nodded to me, while showing his sharp razor-like teeth. I started heading towards the Pokemon Center.
    "Oh yeah, I have to sign us up for the Pokemon League." I sputtered out.
    "Charmander!" Charmander exclaimed.
    I started to head towards the Pokemon Center, knowing that this is the start of something new. I knew that I could take Brock if I had just a little practice. Then, I had to think about Misty. She was the second gym leader, and she trained water. Water is very strong against Fire, and I could figure that out later on. Possibly after I defeated Brock. I wanted to whipe the sleigh clean with Brock. There was no way that I was going to lose. I had it set in my mind, determined to win it.
    "This is the start of something new!" I shouted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Chapter Two:
    The Fighting Monkey!

I headed down to Route Three with Charmander on my shoulders. His flame was burning as bright as the sun was. I had to cover my eyes just to be able to see.
    "It's hot out here." I told Charmander.
    Charmander nodded in agreement. I glanced up at all the buildings that I was passing by, some of them were huge, then some of them were very tiny.
    "Charmander!" Charmander said while jumping off my shoulders.
    He landed on the ground very easily, sprinting off away from Route Three.
    "Where are you going?!" I shouted to him, while sprinting after him. I easily caught up to him, and he was outside of a building. I looked up at the top of it, and it must of been atleast two stories. It was a square building, and the sign on top of it said: "Cafe De Leirre."
    "Charmander!" Charmander yelled while tugging on my pant-leg to go inside.
    "Why?" I asked him.
    "Char!" Charmander replied.
    "What are you saying?" I asked him.
    Charmander quickly facepalmed himself, then busted into the building. The doors flew open, slamming into the side of the building.
    "Whoa, what are you doing?" I asked Charmander again.
    Charmander showed me his teeth, then ran up to the counter. I followed after him, taking in my surroundings. There were ten to twenty people in the cafe, most of them just drinking tea. Some of them had their Pokemon out drinking tea. Why would Pokemon drink tea? I thought to myself. I glanced up seeing that Charmander was up on the counter. The waitress women looked freaked out.
    "Charmander!" She screamed.
    "Whoa! It's just a Charmander!" I told her.
    She jumped up onto the chair behind, screaming her head off.
    "Charmander!" Charmander yelled.
    "What is going on!?" I yelled again.
    Suddenly, a glass flew right at Charmander. Charmander quickly jumped out of the way, and the glass shattered as it hit the wall.
    "Charmander, let's get out of here!" I yelled at him.
    Charmander bolted to the door, yelling 'Charmander' while he ran.
    "Let's go!" I said while more glasses flew at my head.
    We ended up outside in seconds, Charmander jumping up on my shoulders again.
    "What just happened?" I asked Charmander.
    Charmander started to wag his tail at me.
    "Charmander!" Charmander yelled.
    "Well, I guess that we'll never find out." I told him.
    I started to walk off towards Route Three. I still needed that extra Pokemon. I heard that Mankeys were fighting types, and fighting types are strong against rock. If you spent as many years as I have while not being able to battle, you learn stuff. The building wasn't that far away from Route Three, so I was there in minutes.
    "Well, we're here." I told him.
    Charmander nodded in joy while jumping up into the air. He sent out some flames from his mouth. I walked onto the route, seeing that there was a dirt road, along with grass on the right side of it. There was a little cave or mountain that you had to get through to Cerulean City. I started to look for a Mankey, covering my eyes while I did so.
    "Where is one?" I shouted in frustration.
    Charmander stuck his nose up in the air, starting to sniff it. He looked at the grass, then started to bolt over to it.
    "Where you going?" I asked him.
    I started to run towards Charmander, as he was easily in the grass. I was in the grass, it was going up to my chin. I suddenly felt a fist going down to my head, and me stumbiling down to the ground. Charmander instantly jumped up onto the ground, and looking towards the Pokemon. I jumped up onto my feet, and rubbed my head.
    "What was that!" I asked loudly.
    "Mankey!" I heard in the distance.
    I jerked my head around to see a Monkey like Pokemon. It's nose looked like it belong to a pig, while it's fur was a dirty white.
    "I guess that's a Mankey!" I shouted at Charmander.
    This Mankey looked like an angry one, so it charged away. I motioned for Charmander to come, and we chased after the Monkey. It was pretty fast for a monkey, but me and Charmander could keep up with it. It jumped up into the air, grabbing onto a tree branch. Like a monkey, it started to swing from tree to tree. It was getting transported pretty fast.
    "Where did it go?" I asked Charmander.
    Charmander shook his head as to say; "I don't know."
    "Well, we better find out soon. There might be more Mankeys on the way."
    "Mankey! Mankey!" I barely heard in the distance. I was able to hear it well enough, that I could follow the sound of the voice.
    "This way!" I said to Charmander while pointing to the left.
    Me and Charmander started to sprint over to the sound of the voice, going through all of the trees and grass. We ended up at the start of a cave.
    "I think this is Mount Moon." I told Charmander.
    Charmander nodded in agreement.
    I looked to my left, and I couldn't believe my eyes. There atleast thirty Mankeys in a circle. On one rock there was a Mankey that didn't look like the rest. It didn't have a tail like the other Mankeys, it had little shankle like things on his arm, like he had been lifting weights or something. I took out my Pokedex to scan the thing.
    "Primeape. If you make eye contact with this evolved form of Mankey, it will chase you forever."
    "Whoa, we better not mess with that." I told Charmander.
    Charmander nodded in agreement again. A Mankey stuck his or her's ears up, indicating that they heard us. He leaned in to the other Mankeys and Primeapes until they all turned at us. Primeape started to stom around with his feet, then charged at us. He started to punch and kick at us, but we quickly moved to the side.
    "Dodge and use Scratch, followed by Ember."
    Charmander jumped out of the way, moving a scratch down to his head. It left a little mark on it, then he sent out a little ember on it. It was sent back in frustration.
    It moved his arms in a cross, then jumped up at us. It swung it down to us, and landed one right at Charmander.
    "Quickly, use Ember again!" I told Charmander.
    Charmander sent out some flames from his mouth, sending into Primeape.
    "Scratch!"
    Charmander moved down to Primeape, and sent a scratch to it. It made it stumble back, hitting a tree. Primeape started to look tired, then fell down to the ground.
    "We just beat it!" I told Charmander.
    One of the Mankeys that was in the circle walked up to me. It was the one that had attacked Charmander and I earlier. It went down into a bow, as to say that it was proud of us. I was proud of us too, seeing as we took a Primeape as a newly started Charmander.
    "Mankey." Mankey said to Charmander and I.
    It looked like it was wanting to join our team. I wasn't going to hesitate to this, as I need this fighting monkey thing.
    "Well, I can't say no to this." I said while taking a ball out of my backpack. I tapped it on Mankey's head, making it go into the center of the ball. It clicked once, then twice, then third. It was finally stopped with a beep.
    "Yes, I have caught a Pokemon!" I shouted while holding up my ball. Charmander started to jump up and down in victory.
    "Well, I guess it's time we pay a visit to Brock." I said down to Charmander.​

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Chapter Three
    Enter the Brock!

Charmander and I started walking down the street. Mankey's ball was on my belt, and he looked very strong. I was hoping to destry Brock without any faults.
    "You think we can do this?" I asked Charmander.
    "Char!" Charmander screeched.
    Charmander started to run farther ahead than me. His tail was wagging in the wind, his flames rocking back and forth. I hadn't even been away from home for a day and I was ready to take on Brock. I just had few worries. I was worried that Mankey would fail on me, and Charmander wouldn't be able to take care of them.
    "Charmander wait up!" I yelled after him.
    Charmander, obviously hearing me turned back on a heel to me. He took off darting towards my direction. He jumped up on my chest, almost making me almost fall down to the ground.
    "Whoa," I yelled "you're still fiesty." I told him.
    Charmander sent out a little chuckle, showing that his teeth were very sharp. Charmander liked to joke around a lot, but he was a hell of a fighter. I started to laugh with Charmander, but I saw that we were just a street away. I had to think about my past, and how it is starting to get different. Charmander has already turned my life around. My life wasn't always like it is now. I use to have a perfect life. My family was very rich, as my father was very well known throughout all of the world. All of the regions, all of them. I have been with him on many of his trips, most of them just around Kanto. I have been to every city and town in the Kanto region. I don't know what happened that made us all poor. Something must of happened, something bad. I barely remember the past when I had a lot of money. I find that those memories are slipping more and more away with every passing second. Though, on this journey I might know more about it. My father is always gone on trips, and I see him every other month in dark alley corners. I don't think that many people even know if he is alive or not. Well, I think that I might learn more about this in the future. I looked up and saw that we were finally at the gym.
    "Finally." I said to myself relieved.
    "Charmander!" Charmander yelled in victory.
    "Well, this is it. This is where everything changes." I said while opening the door. The room started with a lobby like room. It had a counter, with some seats off to the side of it. I walked up to the door that led out of the room, and peaked it. I saw that there was a hallway, then one more door past it.
    "I wonder if we can go in." I asked Charmander.
    Charmander nodded to me, then jumped through the door. He ran head first into a person. He bounced back to me, spinning around in circles. He landed head first into my shoe, and I felt a little pain. I looked up at the person, and it was a he. He had brown hair, with little strait eyes like a asian person. He was tall, and had a very good structure. I knew what he was. He was Brock.
    "I guess you're Brock." I told him while glancing up to him.
    Brock nodded to me, giving me a firm grin.
    "If you're here to battle me, you have to wait. Somebody has taken the Pokemon of this gym." He replied.
    "How can we help! I want to have a gym battle!" I yelled very loud.
    "Don't worry. Officer Jenny is on the case." He replied back.
    I started to pull my hair, falling into the couch. I had been waiting thirteen years to battle Brock, and now it is delayed.
    "How can we help?" I asked him again.
    He gave me a quick shrug then a reply: "Ask Officer Jenny."
    I looked towards the door, and a police officer walked in. She had blue hair, along with a strange uniform, and she was about as tall as Brock. She walked up to us, looking like she only wanted to talk to Brock.
    "Brock, I think I might know where the kidnappers are." She told him.
    "Excellent, can you tell us the idea." He replied back.
    "Can I help at all." I jumped in.
    Officer Jenny turned on a heel, facing me.
    "You are?" She asked me.
    "Josh, Josh Bonns." I told her.
    She raised an eyebrow after hearing this.
    "Bonns? As in Jacob Bonns?" She asked me.
    "Yes, he is my father." I replied.
    She looked a bit surprised, then went back into Brock. She started to talk to him, while I wasn't paying attention. I was more focused on what she had just done. After I mentioned he was my father, she looked surprise, like there was a secret. Had my father done something, or not. I snapped back into reality, paying attention to the conversation again.
    "OK." I heard Brock saying.
    Officer Jenny gave a quick nod, then walked out of the building. She got what looked like a giant dog, and started to sprint off very fast in the distance.
    "What did she tell you?" I asked him.
    "Nothing, just follow me if you want to help." He told me.
    I gave a quick nod, then followed in after him. Charmander was in my backpack now. It was still hard to run, but Brock was very slow.
    "We need a quick way to get there. I still have one Pokemon, but it might be a long shot to use. I won't be able to use him in the battle if I use him now. It isn't rock, but I use it for transportation." He finished saying, while grabbing ahold of two balls.
    "Come on our Pidgeots!" He screeched.
    Out came two bird Pokemon, flapping their wings up in the air.
    "Are we gonna fly on these things?" I asked him.
    He gave me a quick nod, followed by a smile. He leaped up onto one, while gesturing me to get on one.
    "Awesome." I said to him with a smirk.
    I took out my Pokedex to scan this bird.
    "Pidgeot, the Bird Pokémon. The evolved form of Pidgeotto it can fly at twice the speed of sound at an altitude of nearly one mile."
    "Whoa, so these things can fly fast right?" I asked Brock.
    "Yes, they fly very fast. Just let me whisper where we are going to it." He said while leaning it, saying a few words. Pidgeot looked like it gave a firm nod. I got on the Pidgeot, holding onto her mane.
    "Launch!" Brock shouted.
    Pidgeot lifted up into the air, flying very fast in the air. I could barely see where we were going, and in a few seconds we were at where we were suppose to be. It was the museum that I went to almost everyday.
    "This is it?" I asked Brock.
    He gave a firm nod, then jumped off of the Pidgeot. He landed on the ground gracefully, then I followed him.
    "Return!" He shouted, while holding the balls in the air. Instantly, the Pidgeots were sent back in their balls.
    He turned on a heel, going into the museum, while I followed in after him. Once we got in there, we saw that two people were in there, holding a sack. It looked like there were a bunch of Pokeballs in there.
    "Those it?" I asked him again.
    He gave a quick nod, then grabbed a Pokeball. He threw it up into the air, then a Pokemon came out. It was a Rhydon. I had seen them plenty of times before in the past. It's long horn stuck out.
    "Freeze!" He shouted.
    The two people turned around at us.
    "Never!" Shouted the one on the left.
    The one on the right grabbed two Pokeballs and launched them in the air. Out came a little fire-wolf thing.
    "Growlithe." He told me.
    I gave him a nod, while I saw the second Pokemon come out. It was a little turtle thing, with white hair on it.
    "Wartortle." Brock said again.
    The one on the left, threw up his own Pokeball. It looked like Charmander, but it looked more mature.
    "Charmeleon. Evolved form of Charmander." Brock finished saying.
    "You stand no chance," shouted the one on the left "three against one is nothing."
    "Let me join in the fight!" I shouted while throwing a ball into the air. Mankey came out of the ball, and landed gracefully on the ground. Charmander jumped out of his pocket, showing off his dangerous teeth. This fight looked like it was tough, but I would be able to take them.
    "Mankey, use Karate Chop on Wartortle." I shouted.
    Mankey launched himself at the Wartortle, slamming him with his fist, making him fly back into the wall.
    "Fury Swipes!' I shouted.
    Mankey launched at him, swinging his arms back and forth in a fury. It kept hitting against the Wartortle non-stop.
    "Quickly, use Water Gun!" The man on the left shouted.
    Wartortle shot out a blast of water, making Mankey fly off of him. I looked over to Brock, wondering if he was going to help.
    "I will not help you. You can have these three." He told me.
    "What?" I shouted at him.
    Wartortle flew at Mankey in a spin, slamming into him again.
    "Low Kick, followed by Karate Chop!" I told Mankey.
    Mankey shot his foot at Wartortle, flipping him up into the air. The next second he swung his hand at Wartortle in a chop. It hit his shell, making him fall to the ground fainted. Growlithe jumped into the battle, the wolf Pokemon showing his teeth.
    "Charmander, use Scratch, and Mankey use Karate Chop!" I yelled.
    Charmander flew at Growlithe, scratching him in the chest. Mankey launched at him, slamming into him with his chop. It sent Growlithe down to the ground, but he got back up.
    "Bite." The man on the right said.
    Growlithe launched at Mankey, but I told him to move to the side. Charmander started to get mad at Growlithe. He shot out a bunch of smoke from his mouth, surrounding the room in smoke. I wasn't even able to see, then I heard a bunch of ruffles. The smoke cleared out in a minute, then I saw that the Growlithe was on the ground fainted.
    "That was Smokescreen." Brock told me.
    Charmeleon was the last one there.
    "Charmeleon, use Flamethrower!" Shouted the man on the left.
    Charmeleon shot out a bunch of flames from his mouth, instantly slamming into Mankey. Mankey was instantly on the ground, fainted.
    "Wow, that's a strong attack." I told Charmander.
    "Use Smokescreen again!" I told Charmander.
    Charmander shot up smoke into the air, covering the room in smoke.
    "Scratch!" I told Charmander.
    Charmander, I think launched at Charmeleon, hopefully scratchin Charmeleon.
    "Quickly, use Scratch again." I told Charmander.
    Charmander hopefully scratched him again. The smoke cleared out, then I saw that Charmeleon was in some pain.
    "Fire Fang!" Yelled the man on the left.
    Charmeleon leapt at Charmander.
    "Dodge, then tackle into him scratching him repeatedly."
    Charmander leapt off to the side, the fang barely missing him. He slammed into Charmeleon, starting to scratch him non-stop.
    "Ember!" I yelled at him.
    Charmander along with the scratch, shot out some flames. They both crashed into the wall on the side, sending them both on the ground. They both didn't get up.
    "They both are fainted." Brock said.
    The two people took off their mask, showing their faces. They both had green hair, and looked exactly alike.
    "Thanks Carlos and Rickey!" Brock said.
    They dropped the sack to the ground, and out came whatever was in there. Instead of Pokeballs, they were oranges.
    "What is going on here!?" I shouted at Brock.
    Brock let out a little laugh.
    "Just needed to test you to see if you were strong enough to face me." He replied. He walked over to Charmander and Charmeleon, then sprayed some potions on them. They both got back up, looking like they could take on an entire army. He did the same for the rest of the Pokemon.
    "So, the gym isn't closed down, and I can battle you?" I asked him.
    Brock gave me a firm nod, then headed outside. He sent the Pidgeots back out into the air. He hopped on it, then I followed after him. I sent Mankey back into his ball, then lifted Charmander into the backpack. We lifted up into the air, then took off flying into the sun.
    "Well, I guess I can take on Brock now." I said to Charmander.​

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Chapter Four
    A Brock Hard Battle Part One

Brock and I headed on to the Pewter City gym on our Pidgeots. It was a beautiful Pokemon, and I should consider getting one eventually. They are strong, plus you can get around very fast on them. I still couldn't believe what Brock had done. He staged that entire thing just to test if I was worthy enough. I had barely passed that test, but it was a fun one.
    "Brock, when are we getting there?" I yelled after him.
    "We're going to be there in no time!" He replied back.
    I could barely even hear him over the wind flying by.
    "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I yelled over to him.
    "WE'RE ALMOST THERE!" He shouted back with problems.
    I looked down to the ground, and saw that the gym was just up ahead. We were going to be there in seconds, or even just a half of a second. Suddenly, I felt the Pidgeot pull back in the air, slowing down. I pushed down on the Pidgeot, then rode it back down to the ground. I gracefully parked it on the ground, while the wind was still blowing. I got off of the Pidgeot, petting it while I went down. I took some Pokefood out of my backpack to feed to him.
    "Here you go boy." I said to him, while sticking my hand out.
    Pidgeot started to peck at my hand, eating up the food in seconds. I put some out for Charmander and Mankey aswell.
    "You guys should eat up before we have the battle." I told him.
    I sent Mankey out of his ball, so he could eat up too. He leaned down and started to gobble up his food. Charmander was taking his time though. He was waving his flame up into the air. Mankey was shaking his tail in the air, brushing against my head. I itched it since it made it itchy. I looked up to Brock.
    "So, that whole thing was staged?" I asked him.
    "Not all of it," he replied "I tricked Officer Jenny into doing it too. She fell for it."
    So, that whole thing about my father that Officer Jenny had said wasn't fake. She believed the whole thing, which meant that my father had something about him. Something that is bad, or it could of been good. I needed to find out more about it.
    "Why did you have to test if I was worthy?" I asked him.
    "Because, I needed to see if you were good enough to battle. I do this with all of the people that want to battle me." He replied.
    "So, did I pass?" I asked him.
    Brock let out a giant sigh, then facepalmed himself quickly.
    "You are here now, about to battle me." He said irritated.
    "Oh, I totally forgot about that." I lied.
    I looked down and saw that Charmander and Mankey were done eating.
    "Well, my Pokemon have ate. Now I can battle you, but be warned, I am going to take home that badge. This is the start of my journey, and there's nothing you can do to take it away!" I shouted at him.
    "We'll see." Brock said.
    I sent Mankey back into his ball, and let Charmander follow after me. I was ready to take on Brock, and beat him. I was going to put all I got into this. I was not going to let him get away that easily, plus I knew he wasn't going to use that Rhydon.
    "So, where is this gym?" I asked him.
    "This way." He said while pointing down the hallway from earlier.
    "We should of known it was down there." I said to Charmander.
    I walked down the hallway, and saw that there were numerous photos. Some of them were of Brock when he was a kid, and I saw a picture that looked familiar. It looked like somebody I knew that was with Brock.
    "Charmander, doesn't that look like somebody I know?" I asked Charmander.
    Charmander gave me a quick shrug, then continued on down the hallway.
    "I wonder who." I said to myself.
    I looked down to see that Charmander and Brock were gone. I sprinted down the hall to catch up to them. I sighed to get ready, then opened the door into the gym. I stepped inside to be greeted by a huge room. On one side there were spectator seats, and on the other there were even more. In the center of it there was a battle-field with many rocks and boulders on it. There was a place for the people having a battle to stand at.
    "This place looks amazing!" I yelled after Brock.
    "Yes, it is amazing. Isn't it Josh?" He yelled back.
    I gave him a quick thumbs up, then Charmander tugged on my pants. He wanted me to start the battle already.
    "OK, just wait a second." I told Charmander.
    Charmander couldn't wait any longer, he started off towards the battle area. In seconds he was there, wanting to battle. I followed after him, sprinting so I could.
    "You aren't going to battle first." I told him.
    Charmander's smile turned into a frown. I stepped up onto the field. It felt amazing to be able to be there. I had never even been in a gym before. It felt amazing.
    "OK, I won't be taking it easy on you!" I shouted at Brock.
    "Neither will I!" He shouted back.
    "Here we go." I muttered under my breath.
    I grabbed onto Mankey's ball, and lifted it up into the air.
    "Let's go Mankey!" I shouted.
    Mankey leapt onto the field, his tail wagging in the air.
    "Mankey!" It shouted.
    Brock grabbed onto a Pokeball, throwing it up into the air.
    "Go Geodude!" He shouted.
    A strange Pokemon came out of his ball. It wa a boulder floating in the air with two arms. I swung my Pokedex out to record this Pokemon.
    "Geodude, the Rock Pokémon. Geodude has incredibly high defensive power, making it virtually resistant to any physical attacks"
    "Ok, we have to watch out for this one."
    "Ready to lose?" He asked me.
    "Never!" I shouted back.
    "Quickly, use Mega Punch!" He shouted.
    Geodude launched at Mankey.
    "Use Karate Chop to defend against it!" I ordered Mankey.
    Mankey charged at Geodude, then sent his hand in a chop form right into Geodude. This sent him backwards, making his charge stop.
    "Again!" I shouted at Mankey.
    "Use Dig!" Brock shouted.
    Mankey charged at Geodude, but he suddenly went underground.
    "Now!" Brock shouted.
    Geodude came flying up out of the ground. He slammed into Mankey, sending him up into the air. He came back down, crashing with a thud. He easily got back up, but he had some damage done to them.
    "Use Leer, followed by Seismic Toss!" I yelled.
    Mankey made his eyes turned red, then glared right at Geodude. It looked like Geodude was starting to get weaker in defense, making him easier to beat. Mankey grabbed ahold of Geodude, then flew up into the air. He tossed him down to the ground easier.
    "Use Dig into the ground!" He yelled.
    Geodude crashed into the ground, but he dug through it.
    "Mankey, jump up in the air!" I told him.
    Mankey jumped up in the air, doing nothing. Geodude launched out of the ground, slamming into Mankey again.
    "Low Kick on him now!" I told Mankey.
    Mankey sent his foot under Geodude, but he wasn't standing. He was floating in the air, so nothing happened.
    "Seismic Toss!" I yelled at Mankey.
    Mankey grabbed ahold of Geodude, and jumped in the air. He threw him into the ground, slamming into it this time.
    "Karate Chop!" I told him.
    Mankey choped at him with all of his power, and this time it hit. It sent Geodude into the ground. He came back up for half a second, but them he fell to the ground. Brock started to clap for me, I had beat his first Pokemon.
    "Well, would you look at that?" He said to me.
    "I will look at it, then I will laugh!" I told him.
    Brock sent Geodude back into his ball, then clipped it onto his belt.
    "Well, my next Pokemon won't be as easy as Geodude." He said, while grabbing onto his next ball. He tossed it up into the air very gracefully.
    "Go Onix!" He shouted.
    The red light showed up first, then I heard a giant thud. I was thrown up into the air a few feet. I didn't see anything on the field.
    "Where is it?" I asked him.
    "Wait for it." He replied.
    I heard a giant rumble, then out came a giant rock snake. It was huge, bigger than anything I had ever seen. He just wasn't bigger than buildings. I flipped out my Pokedex to scan it.
    "Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon. It tunnels through the ground which shakes when it raises its thunderous roar. It can move the ground at fifty miles an hour."
    "Strong. Isn't it?" I asked Brock.
    "Very strong." Brock answered back.
    "Quickly, slam your body into Mankey!" Brock yelled.
    "Jump up on it, then use Karate Chop twice!" I yelled.
    Manky leapt up onto Onix's head just in time. It barely missed him. Mankey sent one strong fist down to Onix's head, then a second one did it.
    "Throw him up in the air, followed by Smack Down!" Brock yelled.​
    Onix flipped Mankey high up into the air, then slammed his tail down on Mankey. It made an instant impact, then it slammed him into the ground. All I heard was a giant thud, then nothing else. He was instantly fainted, nothing else to it.
    "That was quick." Brock said with a laugh.
    "I will not let you get away from this!" I yelled at Brock.
    I couldn't believe that I just lost to him, I cannot win with Charmander, but then a good trainer uses every Pokemon to the best of their ability.
    "Well, time for Charmander!" I yelled.
    Charmander leapt out of my bag, into the area.
    "Let's win this thing!" I shouted at Charmander.
    I wasn't really sure if I could win this thing, but I had hope. That's all I needed is hope. Nothing else. I could win this.
    "Charmander, you can do it." I said to it.
    I wasn't to sure about my words.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Chapter Five
    A Brock Hard Battle Part Two

I was down to Charmander versus Onix. Onix had a huge upper-hand against Charmander. It was going to be a tough battle, but I know that I could win it if I tried.
    "Ready Charmander? This is going to be a hard one." I told him.
    "Char!" He replied back
    I looked over to Brock and his Onix. He was leaning over to it, whispering it something.
    "OK, I'm ready to Battle!" Brock shouted over to me.
    I gave him a thumbs up, followed by a nod.
    "You wanna go first?" I asked him.
    "Onix use Dig!" He shouted
    Onix threw himself underground, and I guess that he had just answered my question.
    "OK, Charmander, watch out for this Pokemon."
    Charmander moved side to side, moving out of the way from Onix.
    "Now!" Brock shouted.
    Onix shot out of the ground, slamming himself into Charmander. Charmander flew up into the air.
    "Smack Down!" Brock shouted.
    Onix slammed his tail into Charmander, sending him crashing into the ground.
    "We won't stand for this! Charmander use Smokescreen!" I shouted.
    Charmander shot out some black smoke from his mouth, covering the room in smoke. I wasn't able to see, but I bet that Charmander was able.
    "Run up his back now!" I shouted.
    Hopefully, Charmander startted to run up Onix's back to his head.
    "Now, use Scratch!" I shouted.
    Charmander sent his claws down to Onix's head, but I heard a loud screeching sound, and a yelp of pain from Charmander.
    "Most of your Charmander's moves are weak against a rock type." Brock explained.
    "Well, I can still beat you. I just need to figure out a way how!" I shouted.
    "Oh, there's a way," Brock said "Onix, shake him off!"
    Onix shook Charmander off, slamming him onto the ground.
    "Use Ember!" I shouted.
    Charmander shot out some flames from his mouth, hitting Onix. It look like it didn't do almost anything.
    "Slam your tail into Charmander!" Onix shouted.
    "Move to the side!" I shouted.
    Onix moved his tail with much speed towards Onix, but Charmander leapt off to the side just missing him by an inch. This battle was already hard, and I had done almost no damage whatsoever.
    "This is impossible!" I shouted in frustration.
    "Nothing is impossible." Brock replied.
    "This is impossible, Charmander stands no chance for you."
    "Think again," Brock said "there's a way to do this."
    "Whatever," I said "Charmander, use smokescreen again!"
    Charmander sent a thick black smoke from his mouth onto the field. It covered the entire place in black smoke, so thick that I could barely even see.
    "Now, run to the back of him!" I shouted.
    Charmander started to sprint to the other side of Onix.
    "Climb up his back onto his head again!" I shouted.
    Charmander started to climb up hi back, going up to Onix's head. He stood there, or so I think like a champ. I couldn't stop glazing at it. It looked amazing.
    "Use Scratch again!" I shouted.
    Charmander started to claw at Onix again, but this time it did nothing whatsoever. It had to do some damage, but it didn't do very much.
    "Onix, use Smack Down!" He shouted.
    "Jump off of him!" I shouted to Charmander.
    Charmander leapt off of him in the nick of time. Onix brought his tail up, then slammed it back to the ground. It slammed into the ground, making the whole gym shake. There ended up being a giant hole in the ground. This was getting really frustrating, and I needed to figure out a way to beat this Pokemon before it beats me, which would be very soon if I didn't think something out.
    "OK, Charmander, we can do it!" I shouted at him.
    "It's not over yet," Brock yelled "Onix, use Rock Throw!"
    Onix slammed his tail into rocks, sending them flying at Charmander. He moved out of the way, some of them missing, but then some of them hitting. Only the tiny ones hit him though, so it did some damage, but not a lot.
    "THAT IS IT!" I shouted in frustration.
    "No need to get mad." Brock shouted.
    "There is a reason to get mad," I yelled "I cannot beat you!"
    "Not everybody can beat a gym leader on their first try, but I think that you can if you just look at the playing field some more than you are now." He finished saying.
    "How, how am I able to beat you?" I asked him.
    "Just think about it. You have the ability to beat anybody, with any type, even if there is a type advantage to it. Just remember that, use your surroundings to your advantage." He said.
    I twisted my head up into the air in frustration. I was looking for a way to beat him, but looking at the roof wasn't going to be able to do anything. I was going to lose, then my journey would be over.
    "My journey is over if I don't beat you." I told Brock.
    "No, it's not. If you lose, you battle me again." Brock sent out with a laugh.
    I twisted my head up into the air again, but this time I saw something. I saw the sprinklers. If there is a fire, it creates water. Rock is weak to water, thus making Onix weaker, thus making me able to beat him easier.
    "Charmander, climb up his back again!"
    Charmander jumped up on Onix's tail then ran up to his head. He was right at the sprinkler.
    "Now use Ember on the sprinkler!" I shouted.
    Charmander sent a flame out to the sprinker, then it started to sprinkle everywhere. Water was flown out, so Charmander jumped off of Onix, covering his tail. He landed on the ground, making sure that his tail was covered.
    "You found out!" Brock said.
    Suddenly, the raining stopped, and the entire playing field was wet. There were puddles of water everywhere, making rock useless right now. It could still do damage, but not much more. Onix was weaker, and so was his defense.
    "Now, use scratch as many times as you can until he faints!" I commanded Charmander.
    Charmander gave me a quick nod, then climbed up his head, and started to scratch as many times as he could. Each time it hit, the more weaker Onix got. He was getting very weak, and I could tell in a minute or two the battle was going to be over. I started to wonder why Brock wasn't fighting back. He was just letting his Onix take it.
    "Why aren't you fighting back?" I asked him.
    "You are worthy of the badge, you figured out the way to beat me." Brock said.
    "So, can I get it?" I asked him.
    "Onix hasn't been beat yet." He replied.
    I glanced up to Charmander scratching away at Onix.
    "Now jump up, and slam into him."
    Charmander jumped up into the air, slamming back down into Onix. It was strong enough that it sent him flying down to the ground. He landed there with a thud, not moving anymore.
    "Well, you beat me kid. You have earned this badge." Brock said while returning Onix to his ball.
    "Wow, this is the first step to me becoming the best trainer in the world!" I shouted.
    I ran up to Brock, wanting to get my badge. He held it out to me, and I picked it up gratefully. I raised it into the air in victory.
    "I have my Boulder Badge!" I shouted.
    "Good job. Now, the next stop is Cerulean City. Misty is a water type, so make sure that you have Pokemon that can beat her."
    "Dang, Charmander sure is weak against a lot of Gym Leaders." I said.
    "Yes, but not a lot. There are some that are weak against Charmander, but a good trainer knows how to beat the ones that are stronger." Brock finished saying.
    "Well, this was a great experience, but now I have to be on my way." I said to him.
    "Don't worry, you will find me eventually. We are bound to cross paths again."
    "You think?" I asked him.
    Brock gave me a firm nod, then followed with a wave goodbye. I waved back to him, then headed out of the gym. The Pokemon Center was right across from the gym, so I went over to there. I walked in, then sat by myself. I walked up to the front first though, so I could rest my Pokemon. I saw that Nurse Joy was there. She had pink hair, and wore her dress. I saw that a Pokemon that looked like a strange bunny was with her.
    "That's Chansey." She said to me.
    "Awesome, but can you fix up my Pokemon. I just finished beating Brock." I said to her.
    "Amazing job, and the next stop is Cerulean City. It is down Route Three, but you have to get past Mount Moon first. Dangerous place, but I am sure that you can get through it." She said while taking my Pokemon. She walked to a room in the back, then came back out in a few minutes later. I took the Pokemon from her and gave her a nod.
    "Thanks." I told her.
    "Your welcome." She said to me with a smile.
    I placed Charmander in my backpack, and I placed Mankey on my belt. These two Pokemon were all that I needed to defeat Misty, but I might need another Pokemon just in case. There wasn't any good Pokemon on Route Three, neither in Mount Moon. I heard that all they had in there was rock Pokemon. Rock are weak against water.
    "Well," I said to Charmander "here we go. On our way to new adventures." I said to him, while walking out of the Pokemon Center. I started off towards Route Three, and my second badge.​

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Chapter Six
    Mount Moon!

Charmander, Mankey, and I continued down Route Three. It was a long narrow route, connecting into Mount Moon. It was uppose to be a scary place, but you had to go through it to get to Cerulean City. The fastest way. I heard you can go through Diglett's Cave to get to Vermilion City, but then you have to walk to Cerulean City from there.
    "Well, we're almost there. Mount Moon." I said to Charmander.
    "Char!" Charmander yelled.
    I looked down at the shiny badge in my hand. I didn't know what to do with it, as it was my first badge. Do I eat it? Do I put it in my jacket? Do I put it on my Pokemon? I don't know. We continued down Route Three, seeing Pokemon come by every now and then. I saw some Mankeys, some of them must of been with Mankey before he joined us.
    "This is amazing, isn't it? We are going through our adventure together, having as much fun as we can. It's a beautiful day out, the sun is shining, and it is perfect. Sad that I have to stay in a cave for a while." I said with a frown. Charmander jumped out of my bookbag, landing onto the ground. He started to wave his tail up in the air, ignoring any surroundings. His flame was blowing with the breeze, and he showed his sharp teeth in a grin. I still wondered what Officer Jenny knew about my father. He must of done something, it must of been god or bad, because she knows about him, and so do more people than Officer Jenny.
    He sent some flames out of his mouth in an ember.
    "Charmander, we're almost in Mount Moon!" I said while pointing to the cave. It was a giant cave, with a mouth opening into a vast darkness. I saw strange pink Pokemon walking around the outside of it. I flipped out my Pokemon to scan these. They had pink all over their bodies, with pointed pink ears, and curly pink hair. I needed to scan this things.
    "Clefairy. This impish Pokémon is friendly and peaceful. It is believed to live inside Mt. Moon, although very few have ever been seen by humans."
    So, these things were pretty rare to see. I should of just been happy to of seen one early in my journey.
    "These things are rare. We are lucky to see one Charmander."
    Her ears perked up, then it saw us. It looked at us for a second, then ran off into the Mountain. I followed after it, but right when I walked into the Mountain, it was fure darkness. The only light I had was Charmander's fire on his tail.
    "Charmander, you're my only source of light here, besides my flashlight." I said to him.
    That reminded me that I had a flashlight. I grabbed it out of my bookbag, and turned it on. It shown throughout the entire Mountain, and Charmander's tail was glowing bright. It walked in front of me, then started to lead the way through the mountain. It was dark and deep, and dangerous. There were little drops of water that fell down. Each one making a soft, but you could still hear them "splash." Charmander wasn't scared one bit, but I was starting to get more afraid by the second and the longer that I was in here, the more that I am becoming afraid.
    "This place is weird." I told Charmander.
    "Charmander." Charmander replied while nodding in agreement.
    I looked forward, then left and right. I saw that more Pokemon were running in the place. I heard footsteps coming behind me, so I swung around with my fist. I hit something hard, like in the head, then a giant thud. I turned my flashlight on it, and it had a lab coat. It was girl, she had purple hair, looked like a Pokemon, but it didn't smell like one. She was about five foot five, took the appearance of a human. It was a human.
    "Sorry!" I shouted down to her.
    I helped her off of the ground, and she shook herself off.
    "It's ok. Josh Bonns?" She asked me.
    "Yes, this is Josh Bonns." I replied.
    "Awesome, I came from Pallet Town. I had to chase you down to here. Man, it took me forever to find you. You know where you are? You know where the exit is? What's your middle name." She sputtered out non-stop.
    "Whoa this girl is excited." I said to Charmander.
    Charmander nodded in agreement.
    "Anyways, Professor Oak sent me to give you a Badge Case. It's where you put all your badges once you get them."
    "Awesome, I have been wondering what to do with my badge." I told her.
    "Awesome, now I can get out of this scary place. But, one more thing." She said to me.
    "What is it?" I asked her.
    "Professor Oak told me to tell you about the three Legendary Birds of this region."
    "I've heard about them." I told her.
    "Awesome, so I can tell you more about them. Let's start with the first one which is Moltres."
    "What about it?" I asked her.
    "It's the fire-type bird of the trio. It is one of the strongest, and it is very rare to find like all legendaries. It has flames coming off of its wings. It looks like a giant bird with flaming wings." She explained.
    "That's all?" I asked her.
    "That's all the information Professor Oak gave me. Now, moving onto Atricuno." She said.
    I gave her a quick nod, then gestured her to get on.
    "It is the second bird of the trio, and one of the strongest of them. It looks like a giant bird, but it is covered with blue, but its stomach is white. It had a long tail that is flowing out of it. Numerous people are known to have befriended it in the past." She finished saying.
    "Last one." I asked.
    "Yes, Zapdos. The third one of the trio. It is the electric bird, it looks like a giant bird, but is has yellow and black all over it. It has little stripes running down it's back, and it doesn't look anything like the two other birds of the trio. It is the most interesting one." She said.
    "That's all?" I asked her.
    "Yes, it is all. Professor Oak wanted me to give you some information about some of the legendary Pokemon of this region." She finished saying.
    "Well, I best be getting to Cerulean City." I said to her.
    She gave me a firm nod, then turned on a heel and walked out of the cave. I looked ahead and saw that we weren't even close to going on. I saw that Charmander was starting to look tired, and he started to fall asleep.
    "Don't fall asleep on me. We need you in here, and the flashlight is almost dead." I told him.
    "Charmander." He said, looking like he was about to say "Just Run!"
    I picked Charmander up, and placed him in my bookbag. If I started to sprint I would be able to get there by midnight tonight. Get a room or something in Cerulean City.
    "Well, here goes nothing." I said.
    I took off sprinting down the cave, dodging rocks that were in my path every now and then. I couldn't help but think why Professor Oak sent her down here to tell me about the legendary birds. There must of been something to do with Kanto. I heard that they had something important to with Kanto. Might of been something to do with something. I don't know. I looked up and just focused on running ahead. I was determined to get out of this cave, I just wanted to beat Misty as soon as possible. It was going to be difficult with my Charmander, and Mankey can take some of them, but not all of her Pokemon. I looked ahead, and started towards the light. I saw that it was getting darker and daker instead of lighter and lighter. It was going to take a while to get out of the jail
    "We're almost there!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. A huge echo was able to be heard throughout the cave.​

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Note: Violence and language in this chapter.

Chapter Seven
    A New Face!

Charmander and I were getting closer to Cerulean City by the second. I wasn't sprinting anymore, as I was getting very tired. I was going to stay the night at a hotel, do some training, then battle Misty. I was getting pumped, but couldn't get too pumped. I was about ready to just fall down right there, asleep.
    "We there yet?" I asked Charmander.
    "Char." Charmander said.
    I didn't know what that meant, so I kept moving forward. I squinted my eyes, then saw there was a flash of light. There was an opening to the mouth of the mountain.
    "Yes! We made it!" I shouted.
    "Charmander!" Charmander shouted while jumping in the air.
    I started to run, but it was more like a jog. I was a little wet from the drops of water coming from the top of the mountain. In no time though, I was there. I was finally outside of Mount Moon. I was looking forward to staying the night in a nice hotel. My parents gave me enough money that I could last on it. My parents had been saving up for my journey for years. I had about 4,000 with me. This was able to last me a long time. I didn't wait to get past Route Four. I just wanted to get to the hotel. I looked to my left and I saw a bike.
    "We have to get that bike." I told Charmander.
    I hopped on the bike, placing Charmander in the front seat. I didn't care who that it was, I just wanted to go. I turned the flashlight on and stuck it in my mouth. I started to pedal on the bike, going atleast ten miles per hour on it. I was in Cerulean City in no time. I looked around and saw a Bike Store. It was best just to leave the bike there. I placed it on the bike rack by the entrance of the store.
    "Charmander?" Charmander asked.
    "I didn't steal it, I borrowed it. I didn't keep it, I left it at a Bike Store." I answered him. I looked across the street and saw that it was a hotel. The perfect place to relax. It was a ten story hotel, must cost a few hundred dollars to spend a night or two. I heard there was a battle arena in there too.
    "Hey you! Kid with the Charmander!" I heard somebody yell in the distance.
    I jerked my head around, seeing that a kid was running up to us. He was very mad, or so he looked like it. His face was basically red, with pure black hair, and blue eyes. He stood about two inches taller than me, and looked the same age.
    "Why did you take my bike!?" He shouted at me.
    "I didn't take anything!" I shouted back.
    "You lie! You took my damn bike, now you have to pay." He shouted.
    He grabbed ahold of my collar, and brought his knee to my stomach. It hit instantly, sending me down to the ground.
    "What the hell?" I shouted at him.
    I got off of the ground, and Charmander charged at him. He grabbed ahold of his chest with his teeth. He tore it off, tearing off some of the shirt.
    "That's it, you crossed the line!" He shouted while grabbing a Pokeball."
    "What's this, a battle?" I asked him.
    "Yes, a battle." He shouted back at me.
    "Then, let's go somewhere less public." I told him.
    He gave me a nod, then headed into the hotel across the street. I followed after him, and the person at the front counter looked disturb. She looked at us like we were crazy. Somebody had a giant bruise in the gut, a black eye, and somebody had a giant tear in his shirt.
    "We just want to use your battle arena!" He shouted at her.
    She gave him a nod, then pointed him towards the arena. I followed after him, having to run just to keep up with him.
    "This dude is going down. Right Charmander?" I asked Charmander.
    Charmander gave me a nod, then ran over to the arena. He stood there already ready to battle. I was not going to use him first. I was going to use him as a surprise attack. I finally got there, and glanced at the field. Suddenly, I felt a lurge go up into the air. I saw that we were getting lifted higher and higher. We were atleast fifty feet in the air, and the battle field was below us.
    "You go first." He shouted at me.
    "Fine," I said "go Mankey." I shouted while throwing out Mankey's ball.
    Mankey flew out of the ball, and gracefully landed on the ground. He started to swing his fist around like crazy. He was ready to fight.
    "Interesting start." He replied to me while grabbing ahold of a ball. He tossed it up into the air, the red light flying out. Out came a human form Pokemon, and it looked like a fighting human.
    "Hitmonlee!" It shouted.
    I flung out my Pokedex to scan this Pokemon.
    "Hitmonlee, the Kicking Pokémon. Hitmonlee can extend and retract its legs at will to kick opponents from almost any distance."
    "Hard." I said to myself.
    "This will be very easy!" He shouted at me.
    "Mankey, use Karate Chop!" I shouted.
    Mankey flew up at him, but Hitmonlee moved out of the way.
    "Jump Kick." He said.
    Hitmonlee jumped up at Mankey, and slammed his foot into his head. This sent Mankey flying back, slamming into the wall.
    "Brick Break!" He shouted.
    Hitmonlee went down to Mankey again and sent a quick chop to his head. This made him fly up into the air, then crash into the ground again.
    "Use Jump Kick to finish him off!" He shouted.
    Hitmonlee leapt up into the air, then kicked his head while he was on the ground. This instantly made Mankey faint.
    "That was quick." He said, while returning his Hitmonlee.
    I returned my Mankey, and nodded for Charmander to go to the field. Charmander leapt off the ledge, front-flipping onto the field. He landed gracefully, and showed off his teeth.
    "What is your name?" I asked the kid.
    "Rica, Rica James." He replied.
    "Well, interesting name." I said to him.
    Rica lifted his ball up into the air, then pressed the center button.
    "Go Rhyhorn!" He screeched.
    A strange rhino-like Pokemon flew out of his ball. It landed on the ground with a thud, then I flipped my Pokedex out to scan yet another Pokemon.
    "Rhyhorn, the Spike Pokémon. Rhyhorn is known for its physical power and its considerable offensive and defensive skills." It said.
    "Strong Pokemon." I said to myself.
    "Rock Tomb, followed by Flamethrower." Rica shouted!
    Rhydon sent his horn into the ground with all of his power. The rocks were shot out of the ground, and surrounded Charmander. Then Rhydon shot out flames from his mouth, making a thin thing of fire around the edge of the rocks.
    "Charmander, use Smokescreen, followed by Dragon Rage!" I shouted.
    Charmander shot out thick smoke from his mouth, covering the playing field in smoke. He leapt over the rocks, it's tail fire grew huge. It's eyes turned the color of blood-shot red, it shot a beam of fire from it's mouth, slamming into Rhydon. It did some damage, but not a lot of it.
    "Take Down." Rica finished saying.
    Rhydon charged at Charmander, slamming into him horn first. This made Charmander fly back to the wall. It landed with a thud, and Charmander was instantly knocked out.
    "Finished. Battle over." Rica said.
    He turned Rhydon back to his ball, and I scooped Charmander up. This is the first time that he had lost, and I wasn't going to be taking it easily. I had to take down Misty in a few days, and I needed to train even more.
    "Well, Rica. What do you do?" I asked him.
    "Taking on the Indigo League. I have gotten two badges. Boulder and Cascade. I am going to Vermilion City now to win a third. You suck, and bye." He said to me while walking off.
    I walked over to the Pokemon Center, which was right next to the Bike Shop. I walked in, and handed my Pokemon over to Nurse Joy.
    "Hey, you look just like the one in Pewter City." I told her.
    "I get that all the time! I am the sister of the one in Pewter City." She finished saying.
    "Awesome." I said to her while she walked in the back. A few minutes later she walked back with my Pokemon. I took them from her, and placed Mankey back into his Pokeball.
    "Thanks." I thanked her.
    "No problem." She said to me.
    I walked out of the Pokemon Center, and back across the street to the hotel. I needed to stay the night, and it was like One A.M. I went up to the front desk and got me a room. I was in the top floor, so I went up there. My room was very nice. It was big, and it had a television, and two beds. Mankey and Charmander could sleep in one, while I slept in the other. I put them to bed, while I sat down in my own bed. I started to think about my battle with Rica. He was very strong, and he beat me easily. He looked like he didn't even try. I gave all I had into that battle, and I just lost epically. Why did I ever take that bike? I didn't think, and that's what I do. I don't think. I jump right to conclusion.
    "Good night boys." I said to Mankey and Charmander.
    "Mankey." Mankey said.
    "Charmander." Charmander replied.
    I was going to beat Misty tomorrow, I was going to be the champion. I was not going to lose, I was going to be the best. Even if it took one-hundred years, I was going to win. I knew it.​

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Note: Changing my writing style.

Chapter Eight
    Starmie and Gyarados

I woke up the next morning, the sun shining as bright as it could. I could feel it from the inside of the hotel room. It was steaming hot outside. I looked it up on the news, and it was atleast one-hundred degrees.

"Dang, it's out today." I told Charmander and Mankey.

"Charmander." Charmander replied.

"Mankey." Mankey replied.

Mankey jumped out of the bed, hanging onto the fan that was hooked up. He started to spin around with his tail hooked. He knocked lamps over, tvs, everything that was standing.

"Whoa! Mankey!" I shouted.

"Mankey!" Mankey shouted while letting go with his tail. He crashed into the television, making it break instantly. Charmander stood there, shaking his head in shame at Mankey. His tail was wagging in the air, almost catching the bed on fire. He sat back down, but he placed the flame on the wooden part of the bed. This caused an instant fire to start. I didn't notice it at first, I just smelt something weird.

"What's that smell?" I asked them.

Charmander and Mankey just shrugged, but then I noticed that the bed was on fire.

"The bed! It's on fire!" I shouted at them.

The fire started to blaze, catching other furniture in the room on fire. The sofa caught on fire, then came the television. The television started to melt, then the flickers of the flame got onto everything else.

"Charmander, Mankey, let's go!" I shouted at them.

Charmandre and Mankey didn't hesitate a second before coming. They stormed out of the place, the smoke was pooring out of the room, and I bet you could see it from outside. The entire room went into a blaze, then it came out into the hallway.

"Fire!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, while banging on the doors. I saw numerous heads popping out to see what happened. Once they saw the fire, they went back into their rooms. They came out a few minutes later, but the whole hallway was on fire then. I was in the bottom floor of the hotel. I saw numerous Firemen with Wartortles and Growlithes run into the hotel. They charged up to the numerous floors, getting people out. I saw that somebody stood up to say something to the ground.

"People, People, People. This is nothing to be afraid of, but we ask you to exit the hotel." She told us.

People didn't hesitate to leave, so we all stormed out of the hotel. I couldn't see Mankey, but I could see Charmander. He was right next me the entire time, holding onto my leg. I busted out of the hotel, with Charmander on my leg. I couldn't of believe what just happened, the entire building just bursted up in flames.

"OK guys. Time for us to get together, then get to the beach." I told them.

I looked time to see Charmander and Mankey. I noticed then that Charmander was the only one there. Mankey was still in the hotel. He was in the fire, and he could be burning to death. I dropped to my knees in pain, mad at myself.

"MANKEY! MANKEY!" I shouted into the air.

Suddenly, somebody bursted out that had a Blastoise and an Arcanine, he was holding a monkey-like thing. I new it instantly that it was Mankey. I ran up to Mankey, in full joy that I had found him.

"Mankey! I am so glad that you are safe." I told him. I looked up to the person that had saved him. "Thank you aswell."

He gave me a firm nod, and so did the two Pokemon.

"We are just glad to do our duty to protect Pokemon." He said while hopping onto the back of the Arcanine. He kicked his side, and they started off into the distance. I looked to the Blastoise, and saw that it started to walk away. Was it that trainer's, or was it wild? It couldn't of been wild, it was the final from of Squirtle, a starter. Unless, somebody released it when it was a Squirtle for being weak. I was going to talk to it, but it was already gone. I saw that it was entering the water, then nothing after that. It was swimming away in the distance. I glanced down to Mankey and Charmander. I was so glad that they were both safe.

"I'm happy that you two are safe." I told them while giving them a hug.

"Mankey!" Mankey shouted in joy.

Poor little guy, he must of been so scared in there. I saw that he had black spots where his white fur use to be. He got burnt up in there, and thanks to the firemen, he got out safely.

"Well, this place is halfway destroyed, plus there is a lot to do in Cerulean City. What do you guys want to do?" I asked them.

Mankey and Charmander looked over to the beach, and it was packed with people. Who wouldn't be there on such an amazing day like this. There were numerous Pokemon on the beach, using water gun to cool their owners out. I saw many kids out in the ocean splashing away at eachother like there's no tomorrow.

"Well, I think I like this place." I said to myself.

Charmander and Mankey were already at the beach, starting to play with eachother. Mankey was swinging his tail around in circles, while Charmander was dancing in the middle.

"Mankey!" Mankey shouted

I started to walk over to the beach, when I ran into somebody. It was a girl I knew that. She had orange hair, and was very skinny. She was in a bikini which I liked. She had blue eyes, the color of the ocean.

"Sorry, I didn't see where I was going." I apologized.

"It's OK, I am always here." She replied back.

I got back up from the ground, and got a full look at her. She didn't look like anybody I know. Her voice was very sharp and high. I thought it was rather annoying, but I didn't know about anybody else.

"So, which Pokemon are yours?" She asked me.

I pointed over to Charmander and Mankey.

"Oh, you do know they are Fire and Fighting. Fire doesn't do well against Misty, but fighting types might be able to take her." She explained to me.

"Which Pokemon are yours?" I asked her.

"Oh," she replied "mine are in their Pokeballs."

"Can I see them?" I asked her.

She gave me a nod then grabbed the balls. She tossed them up into the air, and out came two Pokemon. They both looked like star-fishes. They each had a pearl in the middle of their bodies. The one on the right had more points than the one on the left.

"Starmie and Staryu." She explained to me.

I flipped my Pokedex out to scan these two Pokemon. I pointed it at the one on the left.

"Staryu. The core of this Water Pokemon shines in a raibow of seven colors a core that is valued by some as a type of jewelry."

"Awesome." I said to myself, while moving it over to the one on the right.

"Starmie. At the center of its body is a red core, which sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky."

I gave a quick nod, then turned my attention back to the girl.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Oh, I am just here taking care of business. I live here, so different things happen every day." She said while walking to the beach. She gestured me to come and follow her.

I didn't hesitate to follow after him, but I had to sprint to keep up with her. She bent over and started to pet Charmander and Mankey.

"You're name is?" She asked me.

"Josh, Josh Bonns." I replied to her.

Like Officer Jenny, she had a surprised look on her face. Her eyebrows went fifty miles in the air.

"Bonns, as in Jacob Bonns?" She asked me.

I gave her a nod, then turned my attention back to Charmander and Mankey.

"But, I thought he... Oh nevermind..." She finished saying.

This instantly caught me attention, so I snapped my head back to her.

"Thought he what?" I asked her.

"Nothing, I don't remember." She said in a response.

"So, anything interesting going to happen here?" I asked her.

She gave me a shrug, then a ray came out of no where. It was like a psychic wave coming out of no where. It made us shake, sending us down to the ground. It was only for half a second, then went out into the water. There was a rumbiling sound after that, then Starmies starting coming out of the water. They wobbled while they walked, and they moved past the beach into the city. I jumped up into the air, and so did the girl.

"Whats going on?" She shouted.

"Starmie!" Numerous Starmies shouted.

"Staryu, Starmie, let's go!" She shouted, but she looked down and she was surprised. Her Starmie was also gone. Then, another rumbiling noise was heard and numerous heads stuck out of the water. When they stood up all the way, they were atleast twenty feet. It was like a giant serpent with red eyes, and very sharp teeth.

"Gyarados." Misty said.

Suddenly, even more started to pop up.

"What's going on!" I shouted at her.

"I don't know!" She shouted back.

The Gyaradoses shot out strange beams that were very powerful. It instantly started to tear the beach up, and women and children started to run away screaming. The other Gyaradoses jumped in, and it was even more beams.

"Charmander, Mankey let's go!" I shouted at my two Pokemon.

"Staryu, let's go!" She shouted at her Pokemon.

We instantly started sprintiing towards the streets, while the beams were following us. The starmies in the city were starting to use rapid spin, destroying different parts of the city.

"What's going on here!" I shouted at her.

"I don't know, but we need to hurry up and find out. You need to borrow one of my Pokemon to figure this out." She said while grabbing ahold of a Pokemon on her belt. She pressed the center of it, and out came a strange sea-horse like thing.

"Seadra." She said to me.

"Seadra!" Seadra yelled at me.

"I'll take care of the Pokemon in the city, you take care of the water." She told me.

I took Seadra, Mankey, and left Charmander in my bookbag. I didn't want him to die from his fire going out on his tail. "This is the best for both of us." I said to him. I jumped into the water with Seadra, Mankey was on my back. We started going very fast in the water, while I was in control of him.

"Smokescreen!" I told Seadra.

Seadra shot out a thick black smoke from his snout, covering us with smoke.

"Hydro Pump on one of them!" I shouted at him.

Seadra shot out a blast of water from his snout, crashing into the Gyarados, it made it fall over into the water. It made an even bigger crash, and a giant splash. It made it all the way over to the street. It looked like it was snapped out of its trance once it got hit.

"All we have to do is hit it with water!" I told Seadra.

Seadra started shooting more and more Hydro Pumps, hitting each one of the Gyaradoses. Each time they went down, they would stay in the water. Once they were all gone, I went back to the shore with it. I looked over to the girl, and she had figured it out too. Water interfered with whatever was controlling them. Once she was finished, she ran over to me jumping with joy. She jumped up and hugged me.

"Josh, we did it!" She shouted.

I gave her the hug, and lifted her up in the air.

"I know!" I shouted back at her.

"They destroyed half of the city, but not the gym. I need that, and so do you too." She said.

"Why?" I asked her.

"I'm the Gym Leader." She told me.

Back