• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zet

Years
  • I'll probably pick Tsutaaja, since if I wanted a pig pokemon I'd just go get a Grumpig. hur hur.

Though I hope that little immature sea otter has some good looking mature evolution forms.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I don't like any of them really, hopefully the evolutions will be more impressive and a bit less... fakemon. But I'll probably go with the grass snake, I usually go with the grass starter. But it would be nice to see a Grass Bird starter instead of another reptile.

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
  • Tsutaaja, I think, is the one I'll be choosing. I always start with the Grass starter anyway. I really don't like the looks of Mijumaru..

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • Pokabu, but I was lingering on choosing Mijumaru... They're both adorable, but I hate the green one.

subame

I control the spice!
    Years
  • I really, really, dislike the new starters...the grass....thing looks like a deformed Treeko, the Pig is well....better than the other two, but, still kind of irksome..(Though I must admit I love the bacon puns)....And, I thought the water starter was a polar bear, 'nuff said..(Though I have a friend who thought it was a snowman, so I feel a bit better)...I sincerely hope the evoloutions are better.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • I thought these games were going to bring a more older take on Pokemon, as the protagonists are older. The starters look a little too "cute" to me. I mean, I like them, they're growing on me, it just dosn't seem fitting for a 17 year old to have a cute little pig... I'll probably end up going with Tsutarja, as it looks awsome.

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    You always see people choosing Fire or Water starters, It's finally time for Grass Starters to shine!! Tsutaaja ALL THE WAY!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I thought these games were going to bring a more older take on Pokemon, as the protagonists are older. The starters look a little too "cute" to me. I mean, I like them, they're growing on me, it just dosn't seem fitting for a 17 year old to have a cute little pig... I'll probably end up going with Tsutarja, as it looks awsome.

There are starters that aren't cute? D:

ColdSoul

Cloyster will pwn you.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    I'll probably do a test run with Pokubu (nicknamed Smokey if I can get a female one) to see what types are around the first few routes (so I can pick up a grass poke or an electric one fairly soon and crush my rival's starter, for e.g.) then either continue that file or reset the game and choose a different type depending on the surrounding routes.

Hopefully there will be strong grass types so I can pound that annoying Mujimaju's little face in *evil grin*

I don't like it very much
    Though taking it would be acceptable to see a repeatedly taken down snooty grass snake thing.
    So unless it evolves into a grass/dragon type, no dice.

Most hopeful final type conbinations for these ones:
    grass/dragon
    fire/psychic
    water/ice

I like ice pokemon >:3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    The fire starter is soooo stupid. Pokemon is loosing its touch. I am going the the grass starter.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • Mijumaru mostly Female?

As you all know, the starters have had a gender ratio ofabout 85% male to 15% female. But when I watched the battle footage again, I noticed both the Mijumaru the player had and the one the rival had were both female! Is it sheer dumb luck, or does Mijumaru have a higher chance of being female?

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • whats the rate on Chikorita, the other feminine looking starter? cause in the Spin-off of the first PMD it was a female-only as memory serves..

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Chikorita is still mostly male.

That's very well spotted, actually. Probably chance though. The battles are probably link versus, so the Wotters are probably one and the same. And one of them being female isn't that spectacular. Maybe they were edited to be the gender they were most closely related to? Not that I think it looks female, but Myrrh has already said he thinks they do. In conclusion, I'm calling luck/hax.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back