• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Grass/Psychic stands no chance at all against Fire/Dark... Psychic does not effect dark at all

yea but even if psy was "not very effective" to dark, why would you use it against a dark type in the 1st place when the dark type will slaughter?

*especially when the one with psy is grass, and the one with dark is fire

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Not a bad idea, I love the thought of Dark, Psychic and Fighting being used as secondary types, but I'd prefer the final evolutions to be:

Fire/Dark
    Water/Fighting
    Grass/Psychic

That way each starter would be able to destroy another one, and stand no chance against the other. I started designing starters with final evolutions like this a few weeks ago, the Fire/Dark starter evolved into a Sabertooth Tiger and the Water/Fighting starter became a dinosaur, I'd love to see Nintendo give these secondary types to the evolved starters.

no if the types were like you suggested the types wouldnt be even at all..

grass/dark
    fire/psychic
    water/fighting

makes much more sense!! it means no starter has an advantage

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    no if the types were like you suggested the types wouldnt be even at all..

grass/dark
    fire/psychic
    water/fighting

makes much more sense!! it means no starter has an advantage

yea that sounds great..so the one that usually has the disadvantage finally has an advantage

inb4firepsychicpiggrumpidripoff

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i'm pickin the grass starter. i just love the more sleek and speedy ones.
    my primary battle tactic is load my fastest pokemon with the strongest moves and destroy my opponent as fast as possible. regardless of stat changes.
    it's worked so far.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I always pictured this...

Grass/Poison
    Fire/Steel
    Water/Fighting

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I always pictured this...

Grass/Poison
    Fire/Steel
    Water/Fighting

I can see that happening

About the rumor about Tsutaja evolving into Grass/Ground, Pokabu into Fire/Dark and Mjumaru into Water/Fighting I REALLY hope it's fake ALL of these type combos have been used before and with this we wold have ANOTHER Grass/Ground and Pokabu was be extremely weak to Mjumaru which would suck

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i kn ow this is never going to happen but i'm still hoping for the grass starter to evolve into the first grass dragon.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    How would they suck. We have only had like one evolution family of each of those types. Poliwrath has been the only water/fighting for over 10 years I'm sure he is feeling lonely. Same for Houndour/doom they are the only Fire/dark types. And I think Torterra is the only Grass/Ground so it wouldn't be bad at all.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    Meganium had the best Defence AND Special Defense out of the 3 johto starters too =P
    Sceptile was the only grass starter that had "Bad" Defences
    Blaziken was pretty bad too but made up for it with its amazing Attack Power

Blastoise had good defences& special Def. Venusaur had pretty good Special Def.
    Charizard had the lowest Defences
    Typhlosion was pretty much the same as Charizard with Sp Atk being highest
    Feraligatr has good Defence but low Sp Def

Torterra has really high Defence and Attack
    Empoleon has really high Sp. Atk and Sp Def
    Infernape just has high Attack and Special Attack
    (this was all based on their Base Stats) =P

So Yeah Fire Type Starters have been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to Defences =P
    Maybe Pokabu being a Quadripedal Pig maybe it'll have the highest Defense and Sp. Def.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I'm fine with Fire/Dark and Water/Fighting Pokabu/Mijumaru typing it's just Tsutaja's typing I don't want that awesome pokemon to become part ground we already have Torterra
    The beta sheet tsutaja's evo does not look like part ground unless their fake

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    Pokabu to be a fire/dark type? Noice, I can't wait. Tsutaja being grass/ground is kinda lame, though. I was pulling out for a grass/electric since it's so much cooler. Mijumaru as water/fighting? I bet everyone will love its final evos after hating its first evo, ha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pokabu to be a fire/dark type? Noice, I can't wait. Tsutaja being grass/ground is kinda lame, though. I was pulling out for a grass/electric since it's so much cooler. Mijumaru as water/fighting? I bet everyone will love its final evos after hating its first evo, ha.

You realise these aren't confirmed, correct?

Though I do hope Mijumaru's rumour is at least true, since that seems to be pretty likely.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah, water/fighting. The way its second evolution looks really points to it.

Years
    • Seen today
    The types that were speculated (Grass/Ground, Fire/Dark, Water/Fighting), I not only find unlikely, but I actually hope its not true. Pokabu would be at a huge disadvantage to Mijumaru, both its types being weak to both of Mijumaru's types? Not fun. Also, I can't see cute Pokabu turning into an evil boar. A boar, yes, but not an evil one.

If it was up to me their final forms types would be:
    Grass
    Fire/Ground
    Water/Rock, or possibly just Water

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back