• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Tales of Symphonia Fanclub

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    *very weird image suddenly pops into head*
    I just thought of a scene where Kratos is trying to float off to Derris-Kharlan, but a crowd of crazed fangirls has him by the ankles and he has this weirded out expression on his face XD

ToS sprites I did today out of boredom...

Years
  • Lightning, your Kratos banner thingy ownz all. =0

Slightly surprised by all the Zelos hatred. o_o

Who I prefer personality wise, Kratos by a little bit. Zelos is pretty awesome too though. But his ending is horrible. You have to sacrifice too much just to get him back.

I got the Zelos ending recently (finally), and I found it to be pretty good. I have to give him props, his life was pretty depressing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Supposedly, it's hard not to get the Colette ending. I hope that if I get the Kratos ending, he won't fly off and leave all us crazed fangirls frying the teleport pad at the Tower of Salvation from all the warping to DK.

Nodroz

Gorgonzola Cheese! XD
    Years
  • cold_katanagirl said:
    I got the Zelos ending recently (finally), and I found it to be pretty good. I have to give him props, his life was pretty depressing.
    I'm going for the Zelos ending right now. Could you give me some pointers on how to raise his affection?

Years
  • Dragon-Chan said:
    Supposedly, it's hard not to get the Colette ending. I hope that if I get the Kratos ending, he won't fly off and leave all us crazed fangirls frying the teleport pad at the Tower of Salvation from all the warping to DK.
    I'd like to point out that the Kratos ending focuses on Colette too. Just so you know.

As for whether or not he leaves... I won't spoil that. XD

Nodroz, I used a FAQ at GameFAQS to see which choices would raise his affection. One of them (I think the fifth one?) focuses on raising his affection (and Genis).

Pick stuff that "opposes" Kratos later on, do all his sidequests... And lower Colette's affection as much as possible. Which can be pretty **** hard. <_<

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    The Flanoir scene (when Colette asks you to go for a walk with her) is a big key to raising affection (several chars will talk to you) and crucial if you want to get Kratos back in the party.

My sister says (XD) that even though Kratos is 3 or 4 on her favorite character list, she says that he is so cool that his coolness crosses the line from being just an opinion to being a fact (and it's probably true). XDDD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    New topic-requires thinking! OH noes!
    If Sheena could summon characters, what would the summoning verses be for each person, and what "special" attack would they use upon being summoned?
    Lloyd:
    Attack:
    Colette:
    Attack:
    Genis:
    Attack:
    Raine:
    Attack:
    Kratos:
    Attack:
    Sheena (assuming she could summon herself XD):
    Attack:
    Presea:
    Attack:
    Zelos:
    Attack:
    Regal:
    Attack:

Lloyd: I call upon the young swordsman, the son of an angel and protector of the Chosen. I summon you! Come, Lloyd!
    Attack: Cluelessness (confuses enemies)

Colette: I call upon the young angel, the bright hope of all the world. I summon you! Come, Colette!
    Attack: Trip (sends enemies flying)

Genis: I call upon the magic master, the young half-elf with great power. I summon you! Come, Genis!
    Attack: Meteor Storm (you know what this does)

Raine: I call upon the ruin maniac, the one who goes crazy at the sight of atrifacts. I summon you! Come, Raine!
    Attack: Archaeological mania (Earth damage)

Kratos: I call upon the seraphic mercenary, sent from the heavens to guide the Chosen. I summon you! Come, Kratos!
    Attack: Blinding Coolness (Holy damage)

Sheena (assuming she could summon herself XD): I call upon the summoner, the one with the powers of all the world. I summon you! Come, Sheena! (XD)
    Attack: Summons another random spirit

Presea: I call upon the sole flower who blooms in the heat of battle, the goddess of the axe. I summon you! Come, Presea!
    Attack: Estimation ('my axe will hit you for 67.8923 points of damage', does close combat damage)

Zelos: I call upon the most annoying person in the world, the very epitome of obnoxiousness. I summon you! Come, Zelos!
    Attack: Complain (sends opponents fleeing to the ends of the field)ExampleXD

Regal: I call upon the peninent convict, the bearer of a great burden. I summon you! Come, Regal!
    Attack: Crescent Moon (you know what this does)

Last edited:

Nodroz

Gorgonzola Cheese! XD
    Years
  • This club sure died down.

Well, I *finally* received the Zelos ending last Friday (BTW, thanks for the advice, cold_katanagirl :)). I loved his Flanoir scene. His life was so tragic. Over the weekend, I plan on starting a new game. I'm going for either the Regal or Raine ending this time around (more likely the Regal ending, since I like him more than Raine).

Last edited:

Yggdrasill-sama

Disappear into nothingness
    Years
  • I'll join. I <3 ToS. It's truly a brilliant game. My favorite characters are Mithos (who didn't see that one coming? XD), Zelos, Yuan, Kratos, Genis, Botta, and Regal (yes, Regal). Usually, my party consists of Kratos/Zelos, Raine, Lloyd, and Genis, though sometimes I'll switch Lloyd with Presea. So far, I've obtained the Zelos ending twice, the Kratos ending once, and the Genis ending once. At the moment, I'm going for the Zelos ending for the third time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ;__; Sorry I haven't been around, guys. Tough semester all of a sudden...and I've gotten the flu twice in one month, along with other ailments and stuff. (And then tomorrow I'm getting my wisdom teeth out so I'll be gone again...agh. XD)

cold_katanagirl said:
    I think Lightning told me she managed to get Colette out of her top three a looong time ago.
    That was my Zelos playthrough. I was so paranoid he wouldn't be my top affection that I beat her down relentlessly from the beginning...and she ended up being fifth or sixth by Flanoir. XD So you can certainly get her out of the top three~

Good luck with Regal's ending, Nodroz. ^_^; I've heard it's even harder than Zelos' since you get him a lot later in the game.

As for your topic, Dragon-chan, I couldn't think of better ones. Those are great. XDD I love the comic you did for Zelos'~

And finally...welcome to everyone who joined. ^_^; *adds all to list* @__@

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • Does anyone remember me? XD;

Magnius...he's a long time ago. @@; If I'm right, and he is in Triet / Sylvarant Base...here's the strategy I used (I think):

Lloyd: Attack Freely / Use Skills Freely / Frontlines
    Kratos: Attack Same / Reserve / Frontlines (Unless you've got him healing, then go to L-Range Magic or Heal)
    Genis: Attack Same / At Once / L-Range Magic
    Raine*: Attack Same (not that it matters @@) / At Once / Heal
    Colette: Attack Same / At Once / Move Freely

*I don't even know if you have Raine yet. o_O; But if you do, use her. Even if she doesn't have a weapon.

On this setup, your two melee units (Lloyd and Kratos) can beat Magnius to high heaven, Genis can hit him with a bunch of spells, and if you use Raine, she can heal your melee units, or Genis if he needs it. (But he shouldn't, because Magnius shouldn't get to squeeze too many spells in.) Have First Aid on shortcut.

If you have Colette (pray you don't use her), have her use her techs AND HER TECHS ONLY (unless she runs out of TP -- then have her join your melee fighters) -- her normal attacks...aren't that good.

That should work if you aren't completely underleveled.

Ueki Kousuke

Lord of Animé
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 26, 2006
    Can I join the TOS fan club? I love the game and all the characters! I played the game like 10 times and completed everything getting a good rate I am also an goos player so... Can I join? XD

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Ok. Go ahead and WTF before you read this XD

During my time playing Kingdom Hearts:COM and Tales of Symphonia at the same time, I'm starting to think that Naminé and Mithos would be a good pair? XD

I dunno, it just dawned on me...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Yey! The club didn't die!
    We just got Zelos' beach title on our second playthrough. He looks really BAD in a swimsuit! XD He's wearing one of those tiny girl bathing suits, and it's giving him a major wedgie! And his face is hidden behind a pair of horrendously oversized sunglasses! XDDD

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Hee, Zelos and his thong. It's HILARIOUS during his Flanoir scene if you put him in that. XDD; (I mean, he's so serious but he's wearing [/i]nothing[/i] in the middle of Flanoir. XDD)

Chibi ~ ...dude. That...yeah, I can sorta see that. o_O;; They look alike, too.

Ueki Kousuke ~ Welcome to the club. ^_^;

Back