• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
  • My current team in FireRed is undefeated, but still lacking in my mind. Here it is:

Charizard@Charcoal
    Blaze
    Rash
    -Flamethrower
    -Metal Claw
    -Wing Attack
    -Blast Burn (debating to change to Dragon Claw or not)

Tyranitar@Tyranitar
    Sand Stream
    Mild
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Body Slam

Dragonite@Lax Incense (I hate blizzard)
    Inner Focus
    Rash
    -Dragon Claw
    -Ice Beam
    -Shock Wave
    -Fly

Metagross@Quick Claw
    Clear Body
    Impish
    -Psychic
    -Meteor Mash
    -Pursuit (Probably to change to Shadow Ball)
    -Confusion (More than likely to change to Earthquake)

Lapras@Mystic Water
    Shell Armor
    Hardy
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Hydro Pump
    -Sheer Cold

Sceptile@Miracle Seed
    Overgrow
    Hasty
    -Leaf Blade
    -Bullet Seed (Scheduled to change to Dragon Claw)
    -Fury Cutter (Planning on changing to Brick Break)
    -Quick Attack (Possibly changing to Hyper Beam)

Thx in advance for any help.

Armykid

Former Champion
    Years
  • Made new file on leaf green and need some help with the team i'm planning on making.

Currently have - Blastoise, Raichu.

Planning on using.
    1. vulpix
    2. exeggcute
    3. aerodactyl
    4. unknown

If anybody could supply with moves, natures etc. would be greatly appreciated, also what my last poke should be.

By the way, i will not be using Dragonite so don't bother with that, also no traded pokemon from firered or the others and no replacing blastoise and raichu unless it is completly neccesary.

Sumshine 904

PokéDork
    Years
  • Hi, I'd like some advice on my Pokémanz. c:
    All were surprisingly infected with the elusive Pokérus!

Lv47 Scorch/Blaziken
    - Slash
    - Bulk Up
    - Blaze Kick
    - Double Kick

Lv44 Sally/Gardevoir
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Double Team
    - Future Sight

Lv44 Isaac/Mightyena
    - Bite
    - Taunt
    - Tackle
    - Take Down

Lv43 Jerry/Azumarill
    - Surf
    - Dive
    - Rollout
    - Waterfall

Lv43 Ginger/Breloom
    - Mega Drain
    - Leech Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Sky Uppercut

Lv43 Monet/Swellow
    - Fly
    - Aerial Ace
    - Wing Attack
    - Double Team

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • This is my Sapphire Scramble Challenge Team, and I was wondering which contest each of these would be best to compete in, and what moves would be good to give to each so that they would be good in a contest and in battles. Oh and I need at least on Pokemon for each contest. Natures would hep too please!

-Febass > Milotic
    -Barboach > Whiscasch
    -Sandshrew > Sandslash
    -Lunatone
    -Wurmple > Silcoone > Beautifly
    -Zigzagoon > Linoone

Armykid

Former Champion
    Years
  • Hi, I'd like some advice on my Pokémanz. c:
    All were surprisingly infected with the elusive Pokérus!

Lv47 Scorch/Blaziken
    - Slash
    - Bulk Up
    - Blaze Kick
    - Double Kick

Lv44 Sally/Gardevoir
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Double Team
    - Future Sight

Lv44 Isaac/Mightyena
    - Bite
    - Taunt
    - Tackle
    - Take Down

Lv43 Jerry/Azumarill
    - Surf
    - Dive
    - Rollout
    - Waterfall

Lv43 Ginger/Breloom
    - Mega Drain
    - Leech Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Sky Uppercut

Lv43 Monet/Swellow
    - Fly
    - Aerial Ace
    - Wing Attack
    - Double Team

very nice team overall. I would suggest to u to catch and infect more pokemon with the pokerus. I remember i got that early in diamond and i still have some pokemon in pc with it incase i really want to train something hard.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Here's what I've got currently in FireRed:
    - Wartortle (unevolved)
    - Wigglytuff
    - Drowzee (unevolved)
    - Aerodactyl

I'm going with a few unevolved because I want the challenge. Who else do you think I'd need, for a balanced team?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nidorina! If you're going to have Wartortle, one of my faves, you need a Nidorina. ;] No evolving it, of course. Hmm...Growlithe/Arcanine too? :'D

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Nidorina! If you're going to have Wartortle, one of my faves, you need a Nidorina. ;] No evolving it, of course. Hmm...Growlithe/Arcanine too? :'D
    I'll need to think about getting a Nidorina, but I'll for sure be getting a Growlithe or Arcanine. Thanks :D

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • Ok, I'm planning geting on one of my FR/LG's to make a speed game to Mewtwo and use the masterball to catch it to transfer to my 4th gen. I need sugestions for a team to go through the game as fast as possible and easy to catch.

Who should I start with? at what point in the game should I catch pokemon #2,3,4, ect..

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • If you want a quick game, use Bulbasaur as your starter. It has a type advantage against the first three gyms. Catch a Pidgey at the start of your game and it will help you for the fourth gym. Take Eevee from Celedon City and evolve it into Vaporeon. Also, in the route east of Vermilion City, catch a Drowzee. The Drowzee will help you against the fifth gym. Get a Gastly/Haunter from Pokemon Tower and it will help you against the sixth gym. Your Vaporeon will have a field day in the seventh gym. The eighth gym will be pretty easy with Venusaur and Vaporeon. Lorelei can easily be handled with Venusaur if it is faster than Lorelei's pokemon. Bruno is easy with Vaporeon/Venusaur and Pidgeot. Agatha can be defeated with help from Haunter and Hypno. Lance will be defeated by Vaporeon's Aurora Beam/Ice Beam.

Your team should be this in the end:
    Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venusaur
    Pidgey -> Pidgeotto -> Pidgeot
    Gastly -> Haunter -> Gengar (Gengar only if you can trade)
    Eevee -> Vaporeon
    Drowzee -> Hypno.

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • Thank you so much for the quick answer( I'm home on my lunch break from work :P ) I'll start that tonight when I get home. I can't wait to get my Mewtwo ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2022
    Restarted LF the other day, after about 2 years from not playing any pokemon, and I need team help. I have ATM:

Gyarados lvl 26
    Dragon Rage
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Bite (Probs gonna get rid)

Ninetails lvl 36
    Ember
    Will-O-Wisp
    Roar
    Quick Attack

Really nead flamerthrower for her :(

Venusaur lvl36

Sunny Day (for when I get solar beem :))
    Razor Leaf
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain

Pidgeot lvl36
    Fly
    Wing attack
    Gust
    Quick Attack

Raichu lvl36
    Thundershock
    Quick Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Shock wave

Obviously I need to train Gyarados, but I don't know who my sixth pokemon should be, or if I should rid myself of Pidgeot and train my Dratini? Help?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You should have evolved Vulpix at level 29. That's when it learns Flamethrower. Ninetales won't learn anything else by levelling up except for Fire Spin. You don't have to get rid of Pidgeot for Dratini. I'd keep them both. It's only in-game anyway. For your Venusaur though, I recommend not having all grass moves. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other set for it. I'd keep Leech Seed, though. Maybe scrap Razor Leaf for Toxic? Cause when you get to the E4, they're gonna hate the Toxic + Leech Seed combo. And I would have kept Thunder Wave on Raichu. Just saying...I can't stand having all damage-dealing attacks. Bleh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2022
    You should have evolved Vulpix at level 29. That's when it learns Flamethrower. Ninetales won't learn anything else by levelling up except for Fire Spin. You don't have to get rid of Pidgeot for Dratini. I'd keep them both. It's only in-game anyway. For your Venusaur though, I recommend not having all grass moves. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other set for it. I'd keep Leech Seed, though. Maybe scrap Razor Leaf for Toxic? Cause when you get to the E4, they're gonna hate the Toxic + Leech Seed combo. And I would have kept Thunder Wave on Raichu. Just saying...I can't stand having all damage-dealing attacks. Bleh.

Woops about the Vulpix thing :(

So it's a good idea to scrap giga drain for solarbeam?

And what do you think of a Haunter with:
    Hypnosis (first, though I need to find the move teacher guy, to get that back :()
    Dream Eater
    Nightmare
    Destiny bond?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • For a Haunter in 3rd generation, I actually don't recommend ghost type moves. Or at least not more than two. I think the set I had on my Gengar (this was long ago, so I'm taking a lucky guess at this) was Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Punch/Ball, and Destiny Bond. Gengar/Haunter are better with special moves.

About the Ninetales, you can still get TM35 for Flamethrower, but I can't remember where it is in FRLG at the moment. I want to say you get it from the game corner. And I don't know what to tell you about Venusaur. I'd normally say yes to scrapping Giga Drain for Solarbeam (it's worthless in gen III in my opinion), but I'd hate for you to have wasted a TM. :/

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Is there anything I should change with my Emerald Team?

Altaria LVL. 43
    -Icebeam
    -Dragonbreath
    -Sing
    -Safeguard

Aggron LVL. 45
    -Irontail
    -Earthquake
    -Strength
    -Shockwave

Swellow LVL. 44
    -Endeavor
    -Fly
    -Steel Wing
    -Aerial Ace

Blaziken LVL. 48
    -Flamethrower
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Overheat
    -Blaze Kick

Ludicolo LVL. 45
    -Rain Dance
    -Ice Beam
    -Gigadrain
    -Surf

Manetric LVL. 44
    -Thunder
    -Thunderbolt
    -Crunch
    -Spark

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    What is the most basic/commonly used/helpful team for Ruby? I'm doing a project and would like to know a simple 4 to 6 team that most people used to get through Ruby (including HM slaves, certain moves, which starter to pick, etc.).

What I'm thinking now is having Mudkip as the starter (best for E4) and Tailow as the basic flying type.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hmm. You're including HMs? Ewww. I suggest just deleting them after you know they won't be needed, like Dive after you do finish the climax of the game.

Swampert
    Swellow
    Hariyama/Breloom
    Magneton
    Ninetales
    Camerupt
    Linoone
    Mawile

Just a few suggestions. Ludicolo would be great, but you're playing Ruby. I haven't played RSE in a while, so I can't think of my most commonly used right off the top of my head.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back