• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen the truck my theory

Years
    It proves one thing about the truck is if you found it you must have used cheats and Game Freak now know or you have traded a Pokémon that knows cut over from another game and skipped the whole SS Anne storyline which means you are a cheat that does not wan't to stick to the storyline!

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    I E-mailed them about this sometime ago. They said something I didn't understand 'cause I was such a little kid. o.O

Zet

Years
    It proves one thing about the truck is if you found it you must have used cheats and Game Freak now know or you have traded a Pokémon that knows cut over from another game and skipped the whole SS Anne storyline which means you are a cheat that does not wasn't to stick to the storyline!

FALSE
    after you obtain cut just lose a battle of the ship and then you appear in the pokemon center with HM Cut and the ship is still then when you go back to it.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
    I E-mailed them about this sometime ago. They said something I didn't understand 'cause I was such a little kid. o.O

Stupid Nintendo. If they say that it may be a cover-up. Like if MissingNo wasn't so widely known they probably would have said the same thing. Email them again with a different address and say you're a game programmer and you're 26 or something.
    IDEA: If you've got spare time on your hands, everyone start bombarding Nintendo with emails till they give one of us a proper legit answer. Make sure you don't say you're under 18 or anything hinting that way. If you don't put an age and they say you're too young tell them you're 36 or something like that and make sure you quote the email they send you. lol

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    Stupid Nintendo. If they say that it may be a cover-up. Like if MissingNo wasn't so widely known they probably would have said the same thing. Email them again with a different address and say you're a game programmer and you're 26 or something.
    IDEA: If you've got spare time on your hands, everyone start bombarding Nintendo with emails till they give one of us a proper legit answer. Make sure you don't say you're under 18 or anything hinting that way. If you don't put an age and they say you're too young tell them you're 36 or something like that and make sure you quote the email they send you. lol

I'm for this. Bomb 'em! Turn 'em into soup! >=D

When E-Mailing try to use big words too!

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
    Big, gigantic, extremely complicated and horribly difficult to spell words that make huge and complex sentences that look like an adult wrote them. Make sure to use a vast array of describing words. And make sure, if you do not receive a proper, legitimate answer that says exactly why the uneventful truck is there, make sure you continue to send emails to them until they give you one. Be completely sure of your spelling, and if you reside in a country other than America, use American spelling (colour and color as an example) so they do not think you're younger than you have made out to be. Also, be sure to use completely unnecessary describing words, like I have used in this stretched out reply to this particular topic. Remember to make it idiot-proof, just in case, make sure you ask for EVERY SINGLE THING THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.

~stock23~

Crystall Remaker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    WOW! This thread is very helpfull^^ I wount to try something lol

Harper

Crazy guy with red hair...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    i think the truck is m favorite part of red/blue/yellow. i dont care if its just an ester egg. it's like aliens from oter space living in texas, or jim morison as an undercover rockandroll james bond by the name of mojo rising. they're probbly all false but i dont care. its gd have a think about them once in a while....

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    It didn't happen if there isn't any source. It's a joke made by Game Freak, it's an easter egg. It's pointless, useless piece of data left in to be found by bored players who try to push the boundaries of normal game play.
    Do you even have a source for that? Didn't think so. If you have the cheek going to challenge other fellow fans (for speculating) for source, at least have the nerve to provide your own...

You cannot prove they left it in intentionally.
    Nor a joke.
    Nor an easter egg.
    Easter eggs, by definition are intentional.

My speculation is that it is part of the map placed there to do with the SS Anne. Afterall, you need to load supplies on a ship right ;)

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Hey...
    that is about the smartest conclusions to my alltime universal question...
    Why didnt i come up with that...
    oh well, it is a bit uneventful... suplies for the boat... i mean the mew theory was cooler... but in the end logic beats wild imagination...

Darkblade

The Ultimate Espeon Fanatic
    Years
    @Harper
    No, wild imagination kills logic, easily, anyway, if you asked me when i was 6 or 7, i would have said, Mew lived behind it, now, Nothing, absolutely pointless, but oh well, I'll try the Bill rumor to get mew.
    @Rosefrost
    Near the SS Anne, you probably missed it though

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    DW rosefrost. it's just a more complicated way of gettin the end result: nothing.
    dont even bother asking anyone about it. the more you think about the truck the more it ensnares you into it's mind trick. it looks like the biggest hint in the world. i meen right? an abandoned truck in a game without motor vehicles? i meen it's obvious what it is. mew uses it to drive downtown and get his milk in the morning.
    but no... millions of people smarter than us have scratched their heads about it since red/blue came out. and they continued scratching their heads when firered and leafgreen came out. they still havnt found an answer.
    Improfane proposed the delightful idea that it is all one big letdown and the truck is just there to load suplies onto the ship...
    so that's the history of the truck for you. dont bother about it. scratch your head no more.
    Me just telling you about this is probably going to launch you on the endless holy grail quest of the pokemon truck. so i'm tellling you now FORGET IT!
    Did i go a lil bit overboard with all that?

PS guys does anyone actualy know a legit way to get mew in red/blue? i meen it's the centerpiece of the whole game. i know you can get it through this wierd bug involving the guy next to the nugget bridge. but is there a legit way? I dont realy care anymore. i've just wondered why mew would be in the pokedex if it's just a bug. and if you do no a legit way of getting it. and the word involves wallmart and promotional events then dont bother telling me. i dont want to know about those cursed things.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    The Mew glitch is now considered a legitimate way of obtaining Mew. The only Nintendo approved "official" Mew was the one given away at Promotional events in Malls around the country and the New York Pokemon Center and other such events. The only way to get Mew now is Game Shark/Game Genie, or the glitch, so you might as well just use the glitch.

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    You just proved my theory that all the people who work for pokemon are f$%kwits.
    Wen i was yung i was so into trading and i was so far off from getting them all! and i wouldnt have gotten mew anyway! Uh disgusting! But i'm adicted to the games so i cant go on a pokemon strike...

The only Nintendo approved "official" Mew was the one given away at Promotional events in Malls around the country and the New York Pokemon Center and other such events.

Lalalalala i'm not listening. IM NOT LISTENING!! i dont want to hear about those cursed events!

Last edited:

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
    DW rosefrost. it's just a more complicated way of gettin the end result: nothing.
    dont even bother asking anyone about it. the more you think about the truck the more it ensnares you into it's mind trick. it looks like the biggest hint in the world. i meen right? an abandoned truck in a game without motor vehicles? i meen it's obvious what it is. mew uses it to drive downtown and get his milk in the morning.
    but no... millions of people smarter than us have scratched their heads about it since red/blue came out. and they continued scratching their heads when firered and leafgreen came out. they still havnt found an answer.
    Improfane proposed the delightful idea that it is all one big letdown and the truck is just there to load suplies onto the ship...
    so that's the history of the truck for you. dont bother about it. scratch your head no more.
    Me just telling you about this is probably going to launch you on the endless holy grail quest of the pokemon truck. so i'm tellling you now FORGET IT!
    Did i go a lil bit overboard with all that?
    MUST...RESIST...FINDING...THE POKEMON...TRUCK...Gaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I can't do it! It's too temping...like the last cookie in the cookie jar, like a bright, gleaming penny wedged in the couch cushions, like a burning hot stove...(Jk!) Well I guess I'll do as you SUGGESTED xD, and go on my "Endless holy grail quest of the Pokemon truck" I'm gonna Google it right now...:paranoid:

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    You will regret it at some point in your life...

Back