• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Turia Region - Science vs Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    The Warden, you are accepted! Let's get this RP underway!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Theron made his way towards Heely's office in a dark mood. Being summoned by the boss was never good, especially after you just botched an interrogation. It was a long walk, and his mind wandered... frequently.
    He can' kill me, can he? It's... wrong.
    It's no different then what you just did.
    Theron shook the voices from his head. He didn't need his conscience now. So what if Gorson hadn't talked? Wasn't the point of an interrogation to make people talk? And besides, Gorson was being uncooperative, and Theron wasn't a beacon of self control.
    He'll kill you. This is nowhere. Silph is the law here and you've gotten away with plenty over here.
    He considered slapping himself, but decided against it. The last thing he wanted was some Silph pencil-pusher seeing him and starting up rumors. Before he knew it, he was at Heely's door.
    He heard Athena's voice:
    "Just do it, boy!"
    He opened the door.

"Is this your idea of a cooperative prisoner?"
    Ned Heely was a middle-aged, balding man, similar to the manager of a used-car dealership. He was also permanently in a bad mood, probably brought on by the fact that his superiors had assigned his 'sensitive skin' to a region that was as unusually sunny as Turia. This had prompted a janitor to give his sunburnt boss the nickname 'Ned the Red'. The janitor hadn't been seen for weeks.
    "He wasn't talking-"
    "If they don't talk you get someone else to ask him! How the hell is Gorson going to tell us anything now? You beat him into a coma! Now we have to pay to make sure there's a slight chance he'll wake up and say something useful."
    Theron felt a reply brewing, but it died in his throat. Heely reminded him unpleasantly of his middle school principal, a man whom Theron feared.
    "You want to know how much this is costing us per day?"
    "Actually, I-"
    "More money then some Rocket dropout could wrap his head around! If I had my way, I would have you shot on the docks in the next twenty minutes. But that would mean that this problem isn't solved, and I'm short a Hunter."
    Heely scowled and made a very good show of shuffling papers on his desk.
    "You're taking a 40% pay cut. Now get the hell out of my office and back to work. Find me some rare Pokemon or a new researcher to torture. And take a shower while you're at it. Don't you people ever bathe when you get back from a job?"

Theron considered forming a witty retort, but realized that he'd already gotten lucky once today.
    "Should I shower in my dorm, or just use the one in general pop?"
    Heely threw a pen at him, and it missed completely, though it did nearly poke Theron in the eye.
    "Just shower. Quickly, and get back to work."

Last edited:

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    I should be on the court, not out here, Celia said. She was not feeling right about what she was doing. The tan woman was riding on a ship to Turia, a new Pokemon region. She was part of a research team to discover more about the region. Only a select few got to go on this brilliant, exciting expedition. She was one of these few. She had trouble figuring out why. She didn't have the most outstanding marks in school. She didn't have the knowledge of geek Joe Avarez, a kid in Celia's school, who was the captain of their Academic Team. He won many competitions. Why wasn't that kid here instead of her?

Also, she had concerns. She feared that her relationships with friends would suffer if they ever found out what she was doing. Her friends, you see, liked sports. They disliked Pokemon. Celia was one who liked to please people. She tries to please Carlos with her Pokemon skill, her teachers with her academics, her boss with good, behaving young athletes, and her friends with her athletics. To her, social life was really a chore instead of a life. Celia hoped that this would be an opportunity to get away from it all.

Celia went over to the snack area and got a soda. She wanted to cool off her nerves before getting to the island. Everything will be all right, Celia assured and reassured herself as she drank the soda...

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {{ooc: Nice first post. I have some questions about how I'm supposed to post as a member of a research team. Are there are multiple teams on the islands? I would assume that once a team member 'disappeared', the rest would smell something fishy and run for cover. So, does my character work with the guy Thuron kidnapped? Should she react to his disappearance? Or is she part of a different research team? Do the different research teams communicate, help each other out? Can I assume that my character works with the other researcher characters signed up? Just what are they doing in Turia, anyway?

I also have some questions about Turia. Are our characters on the mainland? Is it forested wilderness everywhere? Are there any maps? Can they communicate with other regions by radio, telephone, etc?}}

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    I hope you're still allowing people to join, and in case you are: "Turia is named after the Turians" (Isn't that an alien race in Mass Effect? O_o)

Name: Getsumei Gijouhei
    Affiliation: Research Teams

Appearance: Usually the first thing people notice when looking at Getsumei is the unusual coloration of his hair; Ever since he was little, Getsumei's hair has been an almost radiating mass of pure white chaos, making him easily recognizable, even at great distances. His bright green eyes are constantly surrounded by black markings, as if suffering from amnesia, and sadly, these markings only get all the more visible due to his strangely pale face, considering how much time he spends in the outdoors. Standing at 6'6" he is also quite tall, most of which is caused by his, almost abnormally, long legs, which easily takes up more than fifty percent of his overall height. While he isn't exactly muscular, he can summon a surprising amount of strength if needed. All in all, Getsumei is a walking mystery.

His clothes are usually kept in dark colors, as he finds it soothing, while strong, bright colors tend to irritate his eyes. His favorite sort of outfit usually involves a black T-shirt, matching jeans and his signature green coat, which he only takes off if absolutely needed.

Personality: Getsumei usually carries with him a carefree aura, preferring to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of life over work(especially physical work). Though if motivated enough, he will put his all into a project – his all being quite an impressive amount. Besides enjoying life at its simplest, Getsumei enjoys gaining knowledge of all kinds, though he could never truly dedicate himself enough to take on the path of a researcher.

While he gives off the image of a carefree goof, Getsumei is actually quite complex, but would rather keep much of that to himself, and the few people he choose to trust. He is also extremely defensive of his friends and Pokémon and is willing to go to great lengths in order to help them if needed.

Background: Getsumei grew up in a family of Pokémon researchers and Breeders, who never stayed in one place for long periods of time. This allowed the boy to experience all kinds of environments, as well as get extensive knowledge of the different regions and Pokémon residing therein. When the time came for his tenth birthday, his parents presented him with his first personal Pokémon: A newly bred Bidoof. Like how Getsumei's hair made him different from many other kids, the Pokémon's lighter fur made it stand out amongst the other members of its species. For this reason, Getsumei decided to call it by the name of Kokushu, meaning King or Sovereign, imagining it being born special in order to lead the other Bidoof.

The two quickly grew close, which eventually led to Kokushu evolving into Bibarel, which only seemed to strengthen their bond. By the time Getsumei reached the age of 17, his parents had finally decided to settle down, leading them to built a home for themselves and their Pokémon near Twinleaf in the Sinnoh region. Getsumei, however, had got a taste for travelling and exploration and thus decided to leave home together with Kokushu, catching and raising Pokémon while exploring the world.

When the Turia region was discovered, Getsumei couldn't wait to go there and explore this new world and its Pokémon. However, just as he had prepared for the journey, his parents contacted him on account of a friend and fellow researcher, who was starting to fear for the safety of the researchers exploring Turia, and convinced him to go there along with one of the research teams as protection. While the idea of work did not appeal to Getsumei, the idea that he would get paid for something he had done for free for years, with an added task of acting as another's guardian, finally convinced him to take the offer.

Pokémon:

Main team:
    Spoiler:

Secondary Pokémon: (Usually living with his parents when not needed)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Hope it's ok ^^ Also, if needed, I can try and work out a Silph character as well, unless it's forbidden to play as two characters.

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
    [[ooc: I assume I am supposed to come with the ship to Turia? If not I'll redo this post in no time ;)]]

Raikon sat relaxed in one corner of the ship. He always spyed with one eye if he could see land. He yawned and stretched his arms. This cruise seemed to be endless. Well, if it's true what they say about Turia, this is a small price. He smiled and imagined all the rare and strong pokemon there.

After about half an hour Raikon stood up. He wore a denim jacket, brown pants, reaching to his pair of brown leather boots. With his basecap he seemed to be a pseudo-modern cowboy in a way. He walked around and checked the other persons on board. Maybe there is a trainer or two, to chase away the boredom.

He walked just a very little bit, than he stopped walking and leaned against rail to catch a little bit of the sea breeze.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Izaak looked up behind him at the beatiful view of Olivine City he was presented with, as he stepped upon the ship. It's finally time to put everything behind me. He continued along to find his room.
    He looked at the piece of paper with directions. Ughh, this ship is ridiculously big, idk if i could ever find this room.
    As he continued to wonder endlessly, a man stopped him, noticing his confusion.
    "Excuse me, would you like some help?" the man said to him, with a rather large grin on his face.
    "Oh... yes, I'd be extremely greatful" Izaak said hesitantly. As he began to follow the man around seemingly endless corridors of halls. The man was tall, and stocky, he assumed he was a security guard of some sort.
    "I think this is it!" The man said, coming to a stop. "Dont worry, your not the first to get lost, this place can be rather confusing!"
    "Thank you!" Izaak exclaimed as the man began to walk away to continue to other duties.
    Immediately he plopped down on the bed, and almost instantly falling asleep, when realizing the comfort.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    [[OOC: Research teams are pretty much in hiding. They're much smarter then most of the other people on Turia, so they can definitely communicate with one another, though whether each researcher is on their own or part of a team is up to the character. Also, if you're a researcher or Silph employee, there is no real reason to have a boat post. Actually, the boat post is really not necessary, though if you want one, post away. Getsumei, you are accepted.

Turia is also rather isolated, and Silph built the satellites that provide maps, so they have a rough outline of the place, but nothing more. There are really no islands, so your characters are on the mainland, unless you're riding on a pokemon out in the water.
    The east is generally the more habitable part of the region, with temperate forests, plains, and a couple caves. The west is mountainous with a thin stretch of jungle and marsh on the coast, and the north is mostly caves, though they're much colder then any other part of the island. In the exact center is a volcano, and to the south are deserts and savannas]]

Last edited:

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Celia decided to go outside and warm up her muscles for the long, excruciating research. So, Celia walked outside. The view was all tints and shades of blue. There was a dark, calm sea and a light blue sky, with thin white clouds veiling some of the area. Nothing much could be seen except a brown haired trainer standing to her right. Who is he? she thought. Is he a researcher? I should make friends with him. All my teammates are really close to me on the court. No reason it should be any different out in Turia, Celia thought. Before attempting to talk to the brown head, Celia went to her stretching. First, she pulled out a resistance band. She placed it on the fence that stopped people from going off the ship. The white fence supported Celia's left arm and the bottom of the orange bands, and her right arm was risen at the top of the band. Celia held that for 15 seconds. She did the same pose with her left arm. Then, her resistance band compressed and was put away in her black pack. A balancing act was next on her warmup routine. Celia's right leg was stretched, and her figure shrunk. She held this for 20 seconds. She did the same for her left. She then uttered a breath to apply circulation of air into her body. Then, the athlete turned to the dark brown head. As Celia got closer, she noticed that the kid was really tall. Also, he noticed that his clothes were dirty. This guy must be some type of athlete. That's good! Is he good with Pokemon? That's the other reason, besides brains, that you would be here. Well, I'll find out, Celia thought. She approached the kid, and said, "Hi. I am Celia Varguila. I'm a researcher for Turia. I notice you look very athletic. We'll see if that's for real on Turia. But how are you with Pokemon? I want to battle you," Celia challenged.

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
    Raikon watched the woman out of the corner of his eye. He didn't expected that one of the researchers here would be athletic. And especially not, that said research would be a woman. But well, surprises can be quite nice. And this was nice, and good-looking too. She finished her training and approched Raikon, and than she said something, that pulled a trigger inside him.

"Hi. I am Celia Varguila. I'm a researcher for Turia. I notice you look very athletic. We'll see if that's for real on Turia. But how are you with Pokemon? I want to battle you."

"The name is Raikon Lance." he turned to her and smiled. "And I always like to battle. You set the rules." he declared and moved his hand to his pokeballs. (ooc: You know, the ones on his belt, not that other ones xP) He was very eager to battle, and looked thrilled at Celia, awaiting her first pokemon.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Izaak woke up, not realizing he had fallen asleep, he rubbed his eyes, and grabbed his pokeballs and left to explore the ship a bit more. Along the way around he memorized marks that he could use to find his way back, after a bit of looking around, he decided to get some fresh air.
    He walked outside, instantly feeling the cool breeze. Ahh, it couldnt possibly get better than this.
    Nearby, he noticed to two trainers, about to battle. This boat ride might be more exciting then it leads on to.
    He walked closer to get a better look, and began observing.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    [[Might as well start on the boat with everyone else XD A bit lame for a post, but it'll have to do. And United, just tell me if you'd like another Silph member]]

"What straightforwardness," said a voice from above, as the two trainers agreed to their battle. "To go from greeting to challenge in such a short amount of time … I just hope you know what you're doing; we're on a ship after all. I'd rather not start out my journey at the bottom of the sea."

The voice originated from Getsumei, who had been perched on the railing of a higher deck, overlooking the space below. Taking on last bite out of a half eaten apple, the tall man handed the remains to the creature beside him; a Bibarel with unusually light colored fur.

The hairy companion quickly devoured the apple with just a few bites of such ferocity, that Getsumei had to check if all his fingers was still present on his hand. After confirming that they indeed were, he turned his attention back at the two trainers once more.

"But I must admit, seeing some battling action wouldn't be bad. There's always something to be learned, right, Kokushu?" the man continued, the Pokémon giving him a bark of agreement.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    Ricky climbed up the steps, heading towards his room, going up several sets of stairs "Now, left, and up another set of steps, and I'm there". he did as the map he was given upon entering the ship told him to do. He arrived at his room "Bit on the small side, but hey it'll do" he left his stuff in the room and exited out of the room, taking only a jacket and his pokeballs with him while he explored the boat. He decided to wander down to the main area of the ship where the other trainers were, Ricky wasn't interested in battling them, he just wanted to see what other trainers were here. On the way down the maze of stairs, he ended up on the outside deck, looking over the back of the boat. Ricky gently pulled one of the pokeballs from his belt, and released the pokemon inside, which was his Swampert, Storm "Enjoy that sea breeze Storm". Ricky and Storm stayed up on the deck for a while, before continuing downstairs, passing several trainers and their pokemon, many of whom looked very experienced as trainers.

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    A girl stepped out of a cave. It was near the east shore, just by the edge of a forest. Her jeans were ripped in various places, but still wearable. Her green sweater was dirty, looked more brownish, but went good with her eyes and hair. Her hair was a light, chestnut shade of brown, and the eyes plain, dark green. She yawned, and behind her came her Hipopotas, apparently a female, being more dark-skinned than males. The girl yawned.

"Well, Cazzy, I think I'm changing jeans today! They're pretty bad. I'll have to beg Gerron to make his team sow them up" the girl said, hectically. Cancayza, her pokemon, just nodded. Prudence Harvel was a teenager. Pretty much enough said. Still talking as if seeking attention, probably a habit by now. "Penny", she is commonly called. Those calling her something else, will probably pay...
    She walked inside, and changed jeans. The new ones were a lighter shade than the former ones. She started walking through the forest...

About 15 minutes later, she arrived at something appearing to be a random collection of trees and bushes, growing dense. Penny knocked on the smallest stem of the trees. A little whole in the stem suddenly glowed green, and the door opened. A young man, probably in his twenties opened a door in the stem. Just before Penny entered, a part of the bush farthest to the left grew bigger, while glowing green. Penny returned Cancayza into her pokeball and entered the "grove".
    Gerron smiled; "We're building a new room, for some of the new researchers arriving today! Tangrowth is really sweating it" he said. Penny glanced over at a Tangrowth, touching a bush and using Growth, making it grow. "Well, one of my jeans are getting pretty battered. Could one of you sow it to a warming state?" Penny asked. "Okee, Pennee" Gerron said, twirling his tight curls of hair. A couple of minutes later, the team took the jeans, and started a small, portable sowing machine.

An old lady, wearing a white laboratory-jacket came, and grabbed Penny. She directed her towards a seat. "Hello, Penny" the woman said. "Hello, professor Aspen... I guess?" Penny said, in her normal, loud manner. "We got a mission for you, youngster. In the desert" the professor replied. "Cancayza is diffidently up for it" She said. The desert-hippo would like to visit home, she was sure. "Well, the mission then. We think the population of Trapinch has been reduced, sudden. The smaller bugs are thriving, and that may be a problem in the future. You should go find out what the problem is" the professor instructed. Penny accepted.

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {{ ooc: Okay, gotcha. Will post soon. XD

Another question: is the boat full of adventurous trainers arriving after the research bases have already set up? If so, it would be natural for the researchers to notice a huge ship coming in, right? Especially if a research base is near the shore? So they would be all, like, "OMG PEOPLE," am I right? }}

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    ((Well, the way I see it, SOMEONE has to replace the researchers that have gone missing... Which is also the reason why my character is going there... To try and make sure they don't keep disappearing

Also, in the backstory to the RP, one of the cities is referenced as "the Docklands", so we would most likely end up there... And I'd take it that, due to it being privately owned, is relatively neutral...))

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
    Running…endlessly. The ground seemed to fly backwards underneath its powerful hooves. Its blazing mane and tail trailed behind it in a windswept fury. Its muscles rippled as it crested a small hill. It threw its front hooves in the air in its signature way as it whinnied at the dying red sun. It was enough to bring a tear to Aaron's eye.

Of course, he'd seen Rapidash before, but to view it in this new region seemed like a somehow different experience. Everything seemed different, from the gorgeous sunset, to the sea of wild grasses; from the grainy rock he was behind, to the very air Aaron was breathing. Of course, his time in the region had only just begun; there was much more to see.

He'd already seen several pokémon already. Even from his boat trip, he'd studied many water types, such as the Tentacruel mother he'd observed. They even had to stop for a colony of Corsola to move through on the way to Turia.

Although, there were several other routes the boat could've taken to avoid too many pokémon... Aaron figured they had waited for his sake. Sonda, the merchant who captained the boat, was a close friend of Aaron's, and knew he was studying pokémon in Turia.

The merchant's drafty boat wasn't the best ride he could've gotten, but it was definitely one of the most secluded ones. Of course, he could've joined a team and come here with more people, but he preferred to be alone, anyway.

The sun was already under the horizon, and Aaron knew it was time to set up camp. Maybe tomorrow he could search the forest to the south for any rare bug or grass types. And then there was that cave he'd noticed in the north earlier. That would be great for recording the behavior of Zubat, to see if they were any different from the other regions.

So much to do, so little time to do it. Wait, no. I have all the time in the world! He thought as grin broke across his face. This new region was sure to hold promise, but that promise would have to wait for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Faeldrake

Werewolf
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    (OOC: This post isn't a master piece, I'll try to make the next one better. And I'm just using Silph as a kind of scapegoat here, it could just aswell be gouvermnent satelites, not taking sides, yet.)

Connor stretched fully. Tensing his legs and arms for a few seconds he slumped back and relaxed. He laid his head onto Fiera's stomach and closed his eyes, taking in the warm sunshine.

"This is life, eh Fiera?", Connor asked scratching her belly.

"This was a great idea, finally a break from all the 'city-life' and complicated technologie.", he sighed. Then, a peeping sound became audible from his backpack.

"Speak of the devil.", Connor murmers as he slowly stood up. Fiera nudged him in disagreement.

"Who are you? My wife? Jeez, gimme a break.", Connor said half laughing. He went over to his backpack laying in a patch of grass and produced a laptop. He flipped it up to search for the reason of the disturbance.

"Uuuuuuuh! Fiera come look! Silph idiots got some new satalite pictures of this place! They are so mine...", he slowly trailed of as he started hammering at the keyboard.

"Aha! That's what you get for using an outdated encryption algorithm! I'm in your stellites, stealin' your bandwith. How about I call some 0900 numbers with this thing?", he chuckled. Fiera made an unmistakable sigh sound as she slumped down. Connor and his computer, as always.

"No, no. I'm on vacation, no stupid computer getting in my way. Why did I take this thing anyway? Probably because I would die of withdrawal.", he said to himself. One more click here and an uploaded virus their and he laid back down to Fiera. He just stared up into the sky for good two hours, content.

"It's gonna rain.", Connor exclamed out of the blue. Fiera turned her head.

"Yep, I say in about three or four hours. Why I know that? Good guess. And why that's important? Laying here I've totally forgot to build a shelter.", he sighed, "better get to work..." Connor got an axe from his backpack and went to gather some firewood. He trotted through the woods, randomly collecting some dry wood. He came back to his spot and piled it up, powdering some magnesium onto the whole, as he heared an omniouse 'peep'. Forgeting his firewood he leapt over to his computer and was delighted: His scanners had found another file Silph doesn't want him having. Eager, he began the download. He quickly noticed it was a large file. Their central database? Probably not, it would be encryptet stronger, but maybe the local admin database. Connor was like a little kid when he found these sorts of things. Eagerly he worked tirelessly, trynig to crack this strange file, completely forgetting the time, until it was too late.Few minutes later he is fleeing underneath thick trees for cover from the torrenting rain.

"Sh*t." Luckily his Laptop was waterproof, but he was drenched now. He continued mumbling under his breath as he slowly drifted to sleep.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    Amelia landed just outside the compound, it was dark already so she landed nearer that she would normally do, Ryan Hopped of her back and returned he to her ball. He set off heading towards the lights of the Silph compound, stopping at the gate to be allowed in, he continued on his way, heading straight for the Pokemon drop off area. A middle aged man sat behind a desk there, his feet resting on the table top.

"So what you got this time Ryan?" The man asked, picking up a check-list.

"A couple of Vibra, in these" Ryan said placing two Pokeballs on the desk "And a Sandshrew.", he placed a cage on the desk, the small mouse Pokemon inside it. "Right night I'm going out again."

"Going out at this time, what you on about, it's dark already, you ought to stay the night." Said the man, Ryan thought about it, he didn't normally stay on the Silph site over night, but he had been given his own room.

"Well I guess Ned won't know that I'm here until after I'm gone, so I won't have to worry about him calling me to his office, I guess so then, see you later." Ryan said walking off towards his room. On the way he passed Theron on the way looking in a bad mood. Finally Ryan reached his room and unpacked his pack, he would stay the night, make preparations in the morning then set off at mid day.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Amber sat on her cot, her plump body clothed in a brown hoodie and dark jeans. As her Murkrow's claws ticked along the windowsill, she took her laptop out of her duffel bag and, for the second time that day, fruitlessly searched for an internet connection. Nothing. Not a glimmer. It was another reminder of just how far out they were from civilization.

She lay back on the cot and sighed. "What's up, Bella?"

"Krow," the Pokemon replied, roughly meaning "nothing much".

Activity had been very low for the past couple of days, ever since the message from another research group further west that one of their members had vanished. He'd been out in the field and hadn't come in for dinner. All they found were his abandoned equipment and scuff marks, signs of a struggle. What had it been? A wild Pokemon? Or were the rumours true? Had Silph really resorted to kidnapping to further their goals?

It was really kind of crazy. Amber found it difficult to believe that they were in the middle of something that big. They were just an innocent research party from Johto, here to tag birds and monitor their movements. What could Silph possibly want from them? But the tension in the air was palpable. No-one was netting Pokemon anymore. Everyone stayed in around the base. Sentries, those trainers with the strongest Pokemon, stood guard around the low wooden shacks through the night. The base was huddled down, as though bracing for a storm. Nothing new had been reported on the missing researcher. Until they knew exactly what had happened to him, the expedition's leader had said, they would stay put. No activity. They had no idea what was out there. If worst came to worst, they could always get off Turia.

So long as the captain of the ship hadn't been kidnapped yet, Amber had quipped, and got a stern look from some of those present at the meeting.

A sharp knock on the door of the room snapped Amber out of her reverie. Without warning, the door opened to let in the research team's cook, Maria. She was a tall, wide lady, and struck an imposing image with her ruffled apron and habitual frown. She looked like the kind of woman who would whack you over the head with a soup spoon if you left anything on your plate. But Amber had found her very amiable and easy to talk to.

"Amber, girl, get your ass down to the kitchen," the woman snapped.

"Oh, ***…it's five already?" Amber sheepishly replied, and jumped off the cot, following her to the kitchen. Along with helping to tag Pokemon species, Amber was the cook's assistant. She peeled potatoes and chopped vegetables as Maria heated the enormous cooking pot over a gas stove. Today's dinner was chicken noodle soup. It was always some kind of soup, because it was easy to make in large quantities, and there were a lot of people to feed.

Amber had found the warm, cramped kitchen a great place for gossip. Maria gave orders and talked without pausing in her work, and Amber listened.

"Another ship's coming in tomorrow. A big one."

"Pokemon trainers, huh? Those numbskulls don't know what they're in for."

"They're a reckless breed," Maria laughed. "They just keep coming. You'd think this was a tourist destination. But I hear one of our people's on the ship."

"What?" Amber looked up from the carrots she was dicing. "A researcher? Don't we have enough science people?"

"No, a big-shot trainer out of Sinnoh. The head wants him here as protection. Bodyguard, he says."

"Protection from what? Silph?" Amber let out a squawk of laughter, but a look from Maria silenced her. "Keee-rist. So the rumours are true," she mused. "Or at least the head thinks so. Damn…"

"My only concern is, this guy had better be worth his meals. Our supplies are tight as it is." Maria turned. "What's this? Chop your carrots faster, girl! We don't have all day!"

{{ Getsumei, you're with me. ;3 -latches on-

If anyone else wants to be on Amber's research team, y'better tell me soon or my next post is gonna god-mod all over you. }}

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back