• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Tweaking Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
Years
  • While I'm here, I'll answer as many questions as I can, pertaining to the void or about tweaking. I may log in now and then, to check up on this thread. Otherwise, I'll be over at Hall of Origin, most likely in Chat.

So with that, any questions?

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    While I'm here, I'll answer as many questions as I can, pertaining to the void or about tweaking. I may log in now and then, to check up on this thread. Otherwise, I'll be over at Hall of Origin, most likely in Chat.

So with that, any questions?
    Don't worry Zow, if we need help, I will PM you, or look at HoO.

As for that location you gave me, it's not going so well getting to it. Though I did figure out what creates WFS, then got stuck in a web....

Edit: Whoops, meant white fake sinnoh...

Wow, first time I got a BSoD from traveling in the void. Went up 'till I heard Jublife, loaded the graphics... Freeze... Freeze BSoD... That was right before NNFS. Probably gonna try again Friday.

Edit 2: About 8000 steps above NFS, if you just went straight up, a message box appears saying "Let the countdown begin! 3 2 1" It creeped me out, but I am guessing it has something to do with the pal park, at least it seems.

Edit 3: Here's a list of everything I found on this exploration (and a couple of other explorations):
    NNFS N 5900< (Jublife gym)
    Poketch Co. N 1326 (jublife with MZ music)
    NNFS N 6240< (Eterna with MZ music)
    About 8000 steps above NFS: message box appears saying "Let the countdown begin! 3 2 1"
    NNFS N 55100< (Pal park "you caught all six!" script, followed by freeze if answering yes)

The one in the Poketch Co. I found out about a long time ago. I also found a BSoD, and a freeze that one must be aware of when traveling through here, but most people (experts) already know this.

As for me, I got a freeze at the end of one of those pal park scripts, but I am already back at NNFS's northern void (near NNNFS). Wow, it took me forever to get this far, this is only the second time I really took the void that serious, the first was Darkrai.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Nintendo sure wants some challenege with Arceus then. :P

By the way, since when you developed these shortcuts BSoD and NNFS and NNNFS? Could you please write a list of the tweaking abbreviations and their meaning so I can start the tweaking dictionary in post 1?

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Nintendo sure wants some challenege with Arceus then. :P

Don't try it, I am using another method. This method is too long and complicated, and freezes too often.

By the way, since when you developed these shortcuts BSoD and NNFS and NNNFS? Could you please write a list of the tweaking abbreviations and their meaning so I can start the tweaking dictionary in post 1?
    BSoD = Black Screen of Doom (Note: What happened to me was a blackout, the difference between the two is that a BSoD cannot be fixed, while a blackout can be fixed by reloading the graphics in a safe place. If done in a bad place, the game freezes)
    NFS - North Fake Sinnoh (Shaymin's)
    NNFS = North North Fake Sinnoh
    NNNFS = North North North Fake Sinnoh
    WFS = West Fake Sinnoh

Also, if you get stuck in the pal park end script, you are going to freeze seeing how you have to choose yes to end the script.

Think I may be close to another town map.

Also, you may want to know this NK, the DSi has better graphic handling performance, it does not effect the games loading engine. Therefore, on the DSi, it is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    i WAS never able to tweak my DIAMOND because i only found out about tweaking when my bike was 3 years old and i guess it coulnt go fast enough to tweak or sumthin.
    What? How long you have had the bike does not matter, try this:
    Google Halloforigin click on the link, go into the section called tweaking help. One of the topics should be called "New easier method to get Darkrai and Shaymin", there you go, much easier.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • I tweaked a long time ago too and saved in the void.
    After that I tried to find the Shaymin. I just went to the Fake-Flower Path without the original graphics.
    I`ve ride the way up with my bike and ta-daaa!... :(
    No Shaymin...

I thought that I`ll never get out from there. Luckily I had an escape rod :P

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I tweaked a long time ago too and saved in the void.
    After that I tried to find the Shaymin. I just went to the Fake-Flower Path without the original graphics.
    I`ve ride the way up with my bike and ta-daaa!... :(
    No Shaymin...

I thought that I`ll never get out from there. Luckily I had an escape rod :P
    Escape rod? Did you save in a Jubilife city area in the void, so you would reload in flower paradise?

So I thought I would be the first to find SFS, I get to where it should be, and guess what, it does not exist... Every other FS that should exist, we have found (except for a couple, and nothing too far out). This is weird, because in SS, I was able to find SFJ/K (south fake Johto/Kanto). So, why this happens, dunno. In SS though, the void is an impossibility, so don't try.

Yesterday, someone found a Hall of Origin, indeed proving it is possible to find it in the void. There is a catch however, it is past "SFS", which automatically, according to Zowayixx, is a BSoD. On top of that, I have a theory, and it might explain why these areas do not work even more, and why SFS does not exist. The goal now is to find an HoO (Hall of Origin) ABOVE Real Sinnoh.

Last edited:

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • The goal now is to find an HoO (Hall of Origin) ABOVE Real Sinnoh.

Goal accomplished. I've found the exact tile(s) that the Hall of Origin is on, safely save-able and all. Now the goal is to actually GET TO the Hall of Origin. I'll try tomorrow, it's 2:42 AM here.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • nope, I was on chat last night and asked. No dice.

Which is not ENTIRELY true. We've found the Hall of Origin, heck, we've even gotten to it, we just can't save in it yet. We're currently trying to find a way to save in it, but so far, as Dragon said, no dice.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Which is not ENTIRELY true. We've found the Hall of Origin, heck, we've even gotten to it, we just can't save in it yet. We're currently trying to find a way to save in it, but so far, as Dragon said, no dice.
    I know that, I was there when Tef found it... That is why I said no, not to get any hopes up...

EDIT: You know what is weird about this topic? This has very little to do with actual tweaking, and has a lot more to do with the void... I guess it is just common to associate them with each other. Seeing how you can get into the void ONLY by tweaking... If you don't use a... *GASP* Action Replay...

lol Action Replays are very useful for that reason though.

EDIT2: I have to correct a previous mistake I made. SFS (South Fake Sinnoh) indeed does exist. Either I, or Tef (at the time) overshot it, or undershot it.

Later on, Tef got there, and I wanted to see what it was like (explore it), well, I know where I screwed up. There was a blackout at 38K south and 1000 West, and at the time, I went 1000 more west, 4000 south, and 1000 east. Needless to say, I overshot with that 4000, and when I went back up to where SFS should have been, there was nothing.

The next time, at 38K south, I just went 1200 East putting me right on axis with... Newmoon Island I think it was. I was able to get there, and to my disappointment, it was all MZ (Mystery Zone)... I go all the way to SEFS (South East Fake Sinnoh), and also note, the Sunnyshore area has a wall to the east, so I had to go up to the league route and go east. To my disappointment.... SEFS was just an MZ too... So now I try to go up to EFS (You get the acronyms by now, right?), I get to an area of other locations besides MZ, and about 5000 up from that, there was a Hall of Fame location... So needless to say, I am now in the Hall of Fame with only two badges.

*Note: I know Auburn has done that before, but this was the actual Hall of Fame. Before Zowa remarks on this, it is quite common in that area... Which makes it only an obstacle, or a really accidental way to beat the game, lol.

EDIT3: Naturekeeper, here is a little present, after you save and reset at 430 N, go 2400 East, then about 28,000 South. There is one bad thing... You cannot save in it yet. The reason is because it is past a sort of sinnoh, the only void section that works is Sinnoh up to North Fake Sinnoh. Hey, that gives us at least 4,294,127,760 tiles to work with, and we know it exists.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009

Hi Zowayixx.

I know that, I was there when Tef found it... That is why I said no, not to get any hopes up...

EDIT: You know what is weird about this topic? This has very little to do with actual tweaking, and has a lot more to do with the void... I guess it is just common to associate them with each other. Seeing how you can get into the void ONLY by tweaking... If you don't use a... *GASP* Action Replay...

lol Action Replays are very useful for that reason though.

EDIT2: I have to correct a previous mistake I made. SFS (South Fake Sinnoh) indeed does exist. Either I, or Tef (at the time) overshot it, or undershot it.

Later on, Tef got there, and I wanted to see what it was like (explore it), well, I know where I screwed up. There was a blackout at 38K south and 1000 West, and at the time, I went 1000 more west, 4000 south, and 1000 east. Needless to say, I overshot with that 4000, and when I went back up to where SFS should have been, there was nothing.

The next time, at 38K south, I just went 1200 East putting me right on axis with... Newmoon Island I think it was. I was able to get there, and to my disappointment, it was all MZ (Mystery Zone)... I go all the way to SEFS (South East Fake Sinnoh), and also note, the Sunnyshore area has a wall to the east, so I had to go up to the league route and go east. To my disappointment.... SEFS was just an MZ too... So now I try to go up to EFS (You get the acronyms by now, right?), I get to an area of other locations besides MZ, and about 5000 up from that, there was a Hall of Fame location... So needless to say, I am now in the Hall of Fame with only two badges.

*Note: I know Auburn has done that before, but this was the actual Hall of Fame. Before Zowa remarks on this, it is quite common in that area... Which makes it only an obstacle, or a really accidental way to beat the game, lol.

EDIT3: Naturekeeper, here is a little present, after you save and reset at 430 N, go 2400 East, then about 28,000 South. There is one bad thing... You cannot save in it yet. The reason is because it is past a sort of sinnoh, the only void section that works is Sinnoh up to North Fake Sinnoh. Hey, that gives us at least 4,294,127,760 tiles to work with, and we know it exists.

Wish you guys all the best in figuring out how to save in the HoO.

Funny thing, I went to look in the NDS file. (data/fielddata/mapmatrix/map_matrix.narc)

I found a matrix the Hall of Origin is in. It's to the right of Great Marsh Area 6 (wth) and north of the final Ruin Maniac's Cave (the one where Ruin Maniac guy goes "Wow... My digging punched me through to this weird place. I'd say you can thank me for being a Ruin Maniac!"). Or some other direction. But the Hall of Origin is connected to those places. Try the Ruin Maniac Cave. Try going all the way left. And try north as well (not together!) Might not work, I don't know.

NatureKeeper

Funny thing, I went to look in the NDS file. (data/fielddata/mapmatrix/map_matrix.narc)

I found a matrix the Hall of Origin is in. It's to the right of Great Marsh Area 6 (wth) and north of the final Ruin Maniac's Cave (the one where Ruin Maniac guy goes "Wow... My digging punched me through to this weird place. I'd say you can thank me for being a Ruin Maniac!"). Or some other direction. But the Hall of Origin is connected to those places. Try the Ruin Maniac Cave. Try going all the way left. And try north as well (not together!) Might not work, I don't know.

Ruin Maniac Cave void. I know how to enter this very void. It has one safe way. It includes this:

1- Do the Shaymin thing, however, stop when you do the whole 65k steps thingy.

2- When you are in Fake Sinnoh Route... uh... (The one that is near the seabreak path, what was it?!) , And ride left.

In some place there, I found a void section called (Ruin Maniac Cave).

OR

I found a tweaking area in the whole Route that includes the Ruin Maniac Void. It froze there when I ran with a fast gear. It needs repels, though.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Hi Zowayixx.

Ruin Maniac Cave void. I know how to enter this very void. It has one safe way. It includes this:

1- Do the Shaymin thing, however, stop when you do the whole 65k steps thingy.

2- When you are in Fake Sinnoh Route... uh... (The one that is near the seabreak path, what was it?!) , And ride left.

In some place there, I found a void section called (Ruin Maniac Cave).

OR

I found a tweaking area in the whole Route that includes the Ruin Maniac Void. It froze there when I ran with a fast gear. It needs repels, though.
    Hold on there speedies. 1. We have found an HoO, I have a theory on why it doesn't work, but that is irrelevant. Anyway, 2. I want Zowa to come and check your theory out, because if I remember correctly, he doesn't think your theories work... at all.

Anyway, the Hall of Origin we have found... seems to be Diamond only... Weird, don't you think?

Also, NatureKeeper, in NFS there is an RMC right above Pastoria. However, there are many much closer RMC. Try going to that HoO, trust me.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • Disregard most of what Angelsl says. He's on our forums over at Hall of Origin and thinks he knows everything. He's also apparently 27. Listen to me well, and I stress this:

YOU CANNOT TELL THAT INFORMATION FROM THE .NARC FILES.

He's an idiot that looks around in the .narc's and thinks he found something I haven't. Guys, I've looked through every, EVERY single .narc file. The ONLY way to tell where areas are in regard to each other is to use a tile editor, which would either take a long time to make, or be impossible to make.

Also, I'm about to come up with a formula to find different Hall of Origin's in the void, that anyone can try.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    Disregard most of what Angelsl says. He's on our forums over at Hall of Origin and thinks he knows everything. He's also apparently 27. Listen to me well, and I stress this:

YOU CANNOT TELL THAT INFORMATION FROM THE .NARC FILES.

He's an idiot that looks around in the .narc's and thinks he found something I haven't. Guys, I've looked through every, EVERY single .narc file. The ONLY way to tell where areas are in regard to each other is to use a tile editor, which would either take a long time to make, or be impossible to make.

Also, I'm about to come up with a formula to find different Hall of Origin's in the void, that anyone can try.

I know everything? All this info I got from other people. And I'm not 27.

By the way, looking through every narc file would take years. And the data in the narc files are not plaintext, it's BINARY. You don't expect to see something like

Route 204
    -----^
    Jubilife City

in the narc file.

If everyone is going to believe Zowayixx, and have a closed mind, so be it, fine by me. He's a tweaking expert. Not a game data/ROM hacking/etc expert.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Zowayixx I could point at that you can hex edit a narc file and be able to tell what is located where...
    I started my hacks via hex...

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • Zowayixx I could point at that you can hex edit a narc file and be able to tell what is located where...
    I started my hacks via hex...

Outdoor, sure. But not in the Poketch Co. void. I've a bit of hex editing myself, but only little things like mismatched houses and weird textures. Also, don't I know you from Project Pokemon?

I know everything? All this info I got from other people. And I'm not 27.

By the way, looking through every narc file would take years. And the data in the narc files are not plaintext, it's BINARY. You don't expect to see something like

Route 204
    -----^
    Jubilife City

in the narc file.

If everyone is going to believe Zowayixx, and have a closed mind, so be it, fine by me. He's a tweaking expert. Not a game data/ROM hacking/etc expert.

1. You act like it, just as you are now. And hey man, I'm just going by what the admins say. They even made me IP trace you because everyone thought you were another Kendrick at our site.

EDIT: Yeah, you're registered as November 17, 1982.

2. Duh, and not really.

3. I'm a tweaking expert and proficient in ROM hacking, also, I use common sense (a thing that seems not to be present that often) and yeah, I do know a good bit about the data, seeing as how I'm a, oh dang, what was it...oh yeah, a ROM hacker.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back