• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Twelve Days of Pokémon Christmas [NYE THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I think it's appropriate to send your entries to Kip, since I don't think shes been active enough to respond to them and whatnot.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    These are the entries I have received since my last post:

LightOfTruth
    [.εternity]
    mzmingle
    King Gumball
    Reshiram Man
    Shiny Politoed
    Brendino

Remember, you have until 10PM today (PST, 6AM GMT tomorrow) to get your entries in. We will announce the winners *hopefully* sometime on 2/1/11. It may have to be on 3/1 however, we've had so many good entries it will be very difficult to judge. We'll keep you posted!

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    These are the entries I have received since my last post:

LightOfTruth
    [.εternity]
    mzmingle
    King Gumball
    Reshiram Man
    Shiny Politoed
    Brendino

Remember, you have until 10PM today (PST, 6AM GMT tomorrow) to get your entries in. We will announce the winners *hopefully* sometime on 2/1/11. It may have to be on 3/1 however, we've had so many good entries it will be very difficult to judge. We'll keep you posted!

Good luck with the judging mate :)

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    so when the winners are announced are you going to post their lyrics?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    There has been so many good entries, we're going to have to postpone our decision until tomorrow. Look on it as a good sign that your work was so good we're having a little difficulty deciding which should be crowned the best. :)

We are going to be judging the entries based on originality, creativity, and the way it fits to the carol's tune. Once we have made our decision, we will post the winning carols in full (regardless of whether they were submitted in full or not), and the winners will receive their emblems. You have all been guaranteed a Participation emblem (which features the Team Rocket Ensemble Choir ^^ ), so those will wend their way to you as soon as the admins tell us how to get them to you. :P

Thank you all so much for your entries and making this event so good. If this New Year Get-Together goes ahead next year (or should I say this year?), we hope to run it once again.

Happy New Year! :mudkip^_^:

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Thanks for the update. We could have a twelve days of Pokemon Halloween this year too.
    Spoiler:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Finally.

The moment has come.

I feel I must say a few things. First of all, there's been a slight communications difficulty between myself and Tribal Ebony, the co-judge of this event). I'm sure it's not her fault (no hate mail spammers :P ), but it has resulted in my judging this contest on my own. I know it's a horrifying prospect ^^' but there it is.

I must also say that this competition has been incredibly hard to judge. It's taken me three solid hours (without food or anything) to whittle it down to the ones I would consider the best. The amount of thought that has gone into many of these left me with 12 shining candidates which I felt I could not say no to. But still, this is the preverbal it. I made the decision, and my decision is hidden in this lovely Spoiler. Open it, if you dare...

So, based on style, control, damage and aggression... no wait, that's Robot Wars. Hey! Anyone from the UK remember Robot Wars? Craig Charles was epic, and so was Razer and Hypnodisc (Razer was the KING though - sooo goooood). Never was the same when it stopped broadcasting on BBC Two and moved to Channel 5. :\ Kinda sucked with all the advert breaks, which of course you don't get on the BBC channels...

Sorry, am I rambling? You're probably not reading this before you clicked the spoiler, am I right? You're reading this afterwards, having scrolled right down to click the damn thing. I've spent all this time on the build up and you've just gone and skipped it. Honestly, how are you going to appreciate how hard it was to judge this thing if you just skip the paragraphs of heart-felt text just to skip to the raw facts? Well I suppose I'd better get on with it then. :P

So, based on originality, overall creativity and it's fitting with the song, and all now formatted by moi so they can be sung, I give you the Holy Hand Grenade Spoiler Tag:

Spoiler:

Well, that's that. You should all be very pleased with yourselves - like I said, it was incredibly difficult choosing the winners (coming up for 3AM now here :P ) and all the entries I received had their own charm and uniqueness. Well done to all of you. Also, I want to say thanks. This event simply wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you guys, so thank you so very much for taking the time to write your carols. :mudkip^_^:

Hope the New Year brings joy and all that stuff to you all! And remember, come Christmas next year (or should I say this year), have a go at singing our little PokéCarols!

… say, that sounds like another event idea! ^^ See you around!

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    RAWR!!!! *RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE* %#$&^&$#@^

ok now that that is over with awwww mine was way betterer then at least the third place people =:( waaahhh I wanted the emblem with Lt. Surge!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Aww I didn't get a place! Oh well it was incredibly fun and congrats on the guys that won! Especially Alternative, I loved that first line 'Team Rocket Stole From Me' :P

Thank you Kip for hosting this event, you did a great job of it :)

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
    I JUST SENT KIP THE SCORES I DID!

:( SAD FACE.
    I didn't get credit at all for co-hosting the event with Kip.

*cries*
    But anyways, congratulations to the winners. Just to let you know, the people who participated will also get an emblem! So no need to feel left out!

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Sorry Tribal Ebony. Anyway, congratulations to the winners! Yay, I got 5th with my "Bland and White" poem xD

I wanna know the results if Tribal's scores were to be added.

Years
    Wow, I came in second! Congratulations to all of the other winners and competitors!

I would also like to know what the results were if Tribal Enemy's votes would have counted (whether or not my position changes). It would be interesting to see if there were any major differences between the two judges.

Years
    I want to know if you counted me as entering cause i think it was late and such. anyway, do we have our emblems yet?

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
    Wow, I came in second! Congratulations to all of the other winners and competitors!

I would also like to know what the results were if Tribal Enemy's votes would have counted (whether or not my position changes). It would be interesting to see if there were any major differences between the two judges.

What the damn hell? People arevso mean on pokecommunity these days! :( *sobs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back