• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The (un)official i need a name for my pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    (looks at trainer card)

I need a name for a male Abombnasnow...

and male Vaporeon

I like the ones Darkrays gave you, especially for Vaporeon, but here's more options for you:

Abombasnow (sp?):

Tenmonsu
    Bokugu
    Kaisuno

Vaporeon:

Miyuu
    Kuyuudo
    Dorai

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
  • Vaporeon=Shawazu
    Abomasnow=Yukinooh
    Here you go! Enjoy!

I like the ones Darkrays gave you, especially for Vaporeon, but here's more options for you:

Abombasnow (sp?):

Tenmonsu
    Bokugu
    Kaisuno

Vaporeon:

Miyuu
    Kuyuudo
    Dorai

I'm just wondering, what do they mean? I'd just like a little insight of what the meaning of the nickname is before I do name it.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I'm just wondering, what do they mean? I'd just like a little insight of what the meaning of the nickname is before I do name it.

They don't really mean anything specific... What I do is take japanese words based on the pokemon's type, nature (but you didn't specify so I couldn't do it in this case), or appearance, and combine them together until I get something I'm satisfied with. Sometimes I'll even look at the Pokemon's Japanese name to help, but not very often.

For Abombasnow, I probably did grass, ice, and monster

For Vaporeon, I probably did water, toxic, and vapor

I don't remember exactly, though.

Darkrayz

The (Un)Official Name Rater
    Years
  • Lostprophetsown here is this signiture i made-if u like it Private Message me back plz.(This sig is awful in my opinion).
    attachment.php

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Lostprophetsown here is this signiture i made-if u like it Private Message me back plz.(This sig is awful in my opinion).
    attachment.php

IMO it is quite good however i dont like the alien head and stuff also can you edit it so in the middle it has names for pokemon not like charmander and stuff i mean like nicknames and can the two pokemon be shiny vaporeon and another pokemon of your choice which is quite beautiful like milotic? thanks if you can

diamondpearl876 you have potensial as a name rater if you would like you can join our team?

Last edited:

Darkrayz

The (Un)Official Name Rater
    Years
  • kk but i dunno what u mean by the names of the pokemon in the middle.

soz man i dont think i can my banner maker pro aint workin-but ill still try

Last edited:

lostprophetsown

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    by the names i mean things like this:

Garchomp=Gabilas
    Rampardos=Rampard
    Torterra=dodaitose
    Empoleon=Emperte
    Infernape=Goukazaru
    Salamence=Bohmander
    Metagross=Metazoore
    Milotic=Milokaross
    Wailord=Whaloh
    Aggron=Bossgodora

i want the nicknames the things in bold but some of the nicknames ~kitsune made because they are really quite spectacular

lostprophetsown

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    so in the middle of the sig where the alien is ill put the names in right?

yes thanks ive also asked the mod about this being stickied ive had about 10 people pm me if it would become one
    a big thanks to darkrayz for helping make the sig!!!

lostprophetsown

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    attachment.php

How about this?

dang that is sicktime!!!! which means awesome lol i cant wait to have that in my sig im just wondering how do i make it so you have to click on the picture to bring it to this thread?

Galbinus

Speeds.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    Very useful thread!

Personally, I like having a lot of mythology and meaning behind a word. I would not suggest using any Japanese names as that just makes you look a little.. ehh.. yeah. :P

Also, as a general rule, it's good to avoid obvious choices such as 'Flame' for Charizards and 'Moonlight' for Umbreons. It's good to have a bit of spice and distinctive flavor in nicknames, as it is with anything. I like giving my Pokemon the names of Greek and/or Roman gods/goddesses. A favorite of mine is Poseidon for Swamperts (and other Water/Ground types) or Gyaradoes (though I like Tempest for the latter as well.) Kronos for Dialga is also a great name IMO.

(also, I *heart* Latin names.)

Someone asked for suggestions for this list of Pokemon (see below) and I thought I'd give a shot at trying to give some suggestions for some Pokemon:

Tyranitar - Hercules, Caesar
    Rhyperior - Terrasaur
    Flareon - Hephaestus (this also works as a great name for Growlithe I think (see Blake Wilson's profile on FFnet and his one story for backstory behind how I came by this name; I am not Blake btw))
    Vaporeon - Frigidus
    Mesprit - Eros, Cupid, Amor

lostprophetsown

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Very useful thread!

Personally, I like having a lot of mythology and meaning behind a word. I would not suggest using any Japanese names as that just makes you look a little.. ehh.. yeah. :P

Also, as a general rule, it's good to avoid obvious choices such as 'Flame' for Charizards and 'Moonlight' for Umbreons. It's good to have a bit of spice and distinctive flavor in nicknames, as it is with anything. I like giving my Pokemon the names of Greek and/or Roman gods/goddesses. A favorite of mine is Poseidon for Swamperts (and other Water/Ground types) or Gyaradoes (though I like Tempest for the latter as well.) Kronos for Dialga is also a great name IMO.

(also, I *heart* Latin names.)

Someone asked for suggestions for this list of Pokemon (see below) and I thought I'd give a shot at trying to give some suggestions for some Pokemon:

Tyranitar - Hercules, Caesar
    Rhyperior - Terrasaur
    Flareon - Hephaestus (this also works as a great name for Growlithe I think (see Blake Wilson's profile on FFnet and his one story for backstory behind how I came by this name; I am not Blake btw))
    Vaporeon - Frigidus
    Mesprit - Eros, Cupid, Amor

they are some ok names but we usually give reason for the names and what they mean so people have a better insight and know what they are actually calling the pokemon thnx

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2013
    This is a great thread, personally I've always wondered why the Name Rater only ever gives you the ability to rename your pokemon. ( I know, I know, too much programming, blah blah blah..) Anyways, onto the pokemon that I need help naming. Right now it's an Empoleon that is nicknamed Seiben because that was Piplup's number in German. I was hoping that I might get some better insight and give it a nickname that is worthy of its grandeur.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    XD Lugia, with a future as a Pressure staller, an occasional trump card of Psycho Boost.
    XD Zapdos, a Special Sweeper with Metal Sound
    XD Articuno, Heal Bell Support Pokemon
    XD Moltres, Status Inflicter of Doom

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back