• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!" Episode Discussion

Years
    Here is where you can discuss a friendly rematch of the May v. Drew Kanto Festival Battle in "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!".

Lena Olin not included! 5 bonus points if you know what I'm talking about. My review to come forthwith.

Posting it mega early, since I won't be on tomorrow morning. Have at it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, other than the horrible pun title,...meh. We get a rematch for the Drew fans to see him win, and suddenly May gets Skitty & Beautifly back...but I don't think they mentioned how.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2008
    That battle was incredibly stupid. Just how does Magical Leaf negate a FIRE attack again?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I didn't get the title too Ichi. Made no since. It was kinda like the Japanese style though because those makes no sense to me too. Teeheehee

GARY!!!!! Not to say anything about it but since I know somebody will say it sooner or later but Gray's VA sounds almost just like the old one!!!!!! GRAY!!!! He back in the anime for now even though it was for a little bit. Seems like he is doing well don't you think.

Then from there we get a sense of directions to where we may see where Ash will go next.

Well. It was a nice one where we get to see rivils gather. Harley. Drew. In the end we get to see them all helping May. Then thoughout the episode we get signs to where everybody is going and to what will happen.

The banner of Ash's pokemon prints was nice. I think I paused my DVR recording for a least five minutes looking for all of Ash's pokemon prints. Couldn't see them all because of the CN's giant bar thing.

What I didn't like about this episode was the sudden apperence of May's problem. They address it at her last battle at the Grand Festival then they just table it to the side. Then till today they just shoved it back into the light. I mean the idea of May developing her own style? You think she be thinking about that for a long while don't you but it just comes out of nowhere today. Still since then May hasn't really gotten any good screen time has she? So really there was no real reason to pay attention to May. Understandable if you place it in that light.

So with today's episode we are one episode less to the final Battle Frountier saga. Five more episodes!!!!

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Couldn't see them all because of the CN's giant bar thing.

*falls over* I know!! Oak sat down to unroll it then, BAM!!! The giant bar of eye blocking doom.

Other then that, I thought it was pretty good. May and Ash got over depression, and now know where they are heading next. That post card Gary sent was cool, the picture I mean.

I'm glad we got to see Skitty and Beautifly. Ichi- I think it said that she got them because Beautifly learned psychic.

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I haven't seen it yet but the title sounds absolutely horrible, I can't begin to understand it...

Years
    Sighs. Young kids. The title is based from this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unbearable_Lightness_of_Being

And yes, in the Chatot episode, (I think that's it), I saw Gary's 4Kids' VA, Matt Mitler, in the credits. Of course, I haven't seen this episode yet, so I can't compare voices. Still awesome, though. I think he also was in the recent PUSA ninja episode (since we've had ninja episodes before, with Koga and his family), but I don't think he was in the credits. Hmm....

Zishi

yOu thInK yOu KnOw Me!
    Years
    I dont know about that episode but i want to discuss about that what happened in that episode!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I haven't seen that episode yet!

i HATE the CN bar! it shows up whenever you don't want it.

I know how you feel with the CN bar it really is annoying, it covers up some of the Pokemon's faces and thats annoying so I feel your pain

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    I really liked that epsidoe, to me it was a mixture of old times with new ones. What I was really interested in seeing was a gift from Misty! Sending her prized "Misty Special" to cheer ash up. ( Shows how much she loves him :P ) The other was the postcard from Gary! Finally we see how he is since that Chronicles epsidoe last year. That renewed Ash's determantion to be a Pokemon Master and I am glad Gary kept his old voice, they probarly left his voice that way cause he has'nt really been in the last seasons. I had to pause my DVR to see the pokemon prints before the CN bar came up, got to be quick :P. On to May: it was great them Drew showed up to rise her spirits with a friendly contest battle and surprizingly even Harley showed up to cheer her up! ( In his own little way lol) This was a great epsidoe to get some clues as to here Ash and the gang may be headed after the Frontier Saga ends and I am really for the new season :P

Back