• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Underground

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
  • This is a discussion about the added feature to pokemon: The Underground.

has anyone had trouble with the collapsing walls when you cannot collect your items? have you ever laid traps, and stepped into them by accident? or have you left spheres and forgot where they were?

well, the first time last year, i found a lot of Plates underground. found every single one apart from the Stone Plate. found quite a lot of useful items too, like revive :P

8 times out of 10, i find all items before the wall collapses. some of the walls look impossible with nearly all rocks on them.

i have even stepped on a few traps which i couldnt see, like the hurl trap XD

so, you can discuss away everyone. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    it really annoys me when i see a fossil and i try to dig it out and the wall collapses before i can. I HATE THAT!

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    The only time the walls callopsed was when i turned my game off prematurely due to a battery death but other then that i was able to get everything out.

Aza.M

Legendary Trader
    Years
  • Underground is quite fun but getting fossils stuff like that is hard but its worth it in the end

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Good idea to make a thread like this!

Anyway, one time i was REAALLLYY badly looking for Old Amber.. it was taking ages!! Then, finally, one appears under the wall! I frantically (and carefully!) try to chip away the pieces bit by bit, last few pieces of rock left, and yes, you guessed it, it collapses! Really bugs me!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I really hate the collapsing walls when I'm trying to dig out shards, plates etc.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Well i find it is highly effective to use the pick axe and scout out the area around the walls looking for important things like fossils and stones. After doing that i make sure i use the pick axe to the best possible way tapping and making x's where the fossil should be and picking around making the fossil uncover faster by picking next to the x's i make

Circuit

Years
  • How d'you make an X? All looks the same even when you chip away at it.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
  • well, ok. i will show you a hint for which you can get certain items out without making the crack longer. i will show you a grid here:

1. yellow cracked soft rock, can see a little bit
    2. yellow soft rock
    3. cracked grey flat rock
    4. flat rock
    5. small rocks
    6. big rock

2 2 2
    2 2 2
    2 2 2

for this, use the pickaxe on the middle 2. this will make it

2 1 2
    1 0 1
    2 1 2

this will make you see what is underneath the 1's. if it is grey, hit one of the 2's or higher which is next to the 1 to uncover that square because it may be a dark block in disguise. if it is black, green, red, blue or white, you have found something.

sorry if i havent worded it properly.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    When you are using the pick axe it makes little xs on the wall and breaks away the rocks around it slowly. when it is dark grey and light grey little X's appear on the wall don't ever hit the x's it causes the wall to fall apart fasther

Joey the Cockroach

Years
  • exactly. those are the grey ones which are the dark blocks. another hint i must add:

4 4 4
    4 4 4
    4 4 4

this is with using the hammer. if you use the hammer on the middle 4, it will make it a 2, and in other directions apart from diagonally, for which it will be a 3, like so:

3 2 3
    2 2 2
    3 2 3

when you come to this, dont use the hammer, use the pickaxe because you may hit a dark brick in the middle, thus making the crack longer than what the pickaxe would do.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    No i was refering the breakable bits of the wall still not the grey underneath it all

Circuit

Years
  • Ok.
    [Darn character restriction gets in the way of just those little messages]

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Well my suggestion to you would be to try playing with the pick axe and see what it acutally does

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I don't go down there anymore, I already have all the plates and fossils you can get.

I have like 7 helix fossils, lol.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Well i am still trying to find a sunstone I wanna evolve a hand trained golem into the other form I am not much of a fan of vileploom

Joey the Cockroach

Years
  • some items like that are very rare, and usually take a few walls. it took me ages to find a fossil, but when i found one, i found 3 fossils in 7 walls.

Circuit

Years
  • Well i am still trying to find a sunstone I wanna evolve a hand trained golem into the other form I am not much of a fan of vileploom

Golem O_o? Do you mean Gloom because I hate Gloom but I really like Bellosom. Strange how ugly can become pretty.

Back