• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    (OOC: Don't take anything seriously. Ashi's just a sully character)

Ashi stood stiffly, her eyebrows raised at the new 'members'. She could accept Blaine's son, Blaine was a talented gym leader. Ashi had met him briefly when gym leaders would contact eachother for information, advice and just general chit-chat. But, not the chef boy. He was not much older than Drake, and he looked like he would swallow the group before he joined them. She still questioned Drake's membership.

"I'm just as curious as the others what that man has done to you," Ashi said, leaning against a tree and crossing her arms.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    "The funny thing is," Isabel leaned up against a tree and wrapped her arms around her chest. "He didn't do anything to me. None of them did."

The group gave her a strange look, especially the ones who had no idea what she was talking about. Isabel's mouth twitched and she looked her team over.

"You are well aware that we fight the law," Isabel straightened up. "Or, at least you should. Well, PXS is not as we first assumed. They... they're an uprising."

Murmurs of confusion were exchanged amongst several members of the group. Isabel clenched her jaw, unsure of how to continue.

"I woke up in a hospital of some sort," Isabel frowned, still not understanding everything herself. "And I was taken to talk with a man. I think he was their leader. He wanted us to join them."

Isabel stood in silence, awaiting the Uprising's response.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    Chris remained relatively silent throughout Isabel's speech, despite mummers from the others. However, that soon changed with the last line.

"And I was taken to talk with a man. I think he was their leader. He wanted us to join them."

"What! so they want us to join them?!" Yelled Chris in an annoyed voice, "After they captured all of us, attacked me with a knife, and took away our Pokemon?! Hell, they knocked you and me both out cold!" The Zubat on Chris' shoulder gave it's wings a quick flap as Chris continued "And the way some of them treat their Pokemon is sick! I'm sorry, call me bias, call me whatever! But my vote is no."

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    "Quite," Isabel said with a bitter smile. "Though they may seem to be working to our goal, the way they do so is..." Isabel shook her head. "They were the ones who lead the attack on Shadow Valley. They killed the citizens living there. They cut our team in half and they captured David.

"I will not make this decision for you," Isabel continued. "But I'm not going to take part of any group that's willing to eliminate an entire town just to flush out people they want to join."

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    Drake sat down on one of the benches. Join those goons? While he was inside the building he saw them give the pokemon some kind of steroids, they tortured them only to make them stronger, and there were at least 200 boxes stacked up with pokeballs.

"No, im not going, its cruel what they do to pokemon, whatever the cause, and thats that." With that he walked over to his sleeping bag and hudled close to the fire.

He took out his four pokeballs. After a big red flash Sparky came out, together with the three starters.

"So i havent named you guys, by the way im Drake and this is Sparky" He pointed to himself and pikachu.

"Charmander huh, fire type. Youre female and uhh im not too original with names, but do you like Star? Because you have that little star mark on your head." The charmander nodded and came over to him. Drake put her on his shoulder and turned to the next pokemon.

"Oh and here is a female bulbasaur. Again im not originall at all, but a name, uhh how about terra? its a cool name and means earth, and well youre close to nature." The bulbasaur agreed and jumped on his other shoulder.

"And now the male squirtle. When you get older youll probably be able to whip up a powerfull storm, so are you ok with me calling you storm?"

"Squirtle Squirtle!" Was the reply and the remaining pokemon jumped on his head.

"Great now because this is a special day we can all sleep together." He made little beds in his sleeping bag for the four pokemon.

"Good night"

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    "Where do we go next? Are we going to run? There's nowhere run. PSX has long taken control of the area beyond the mountains. The only place we can escape to is the south where they'll eventually capture us at the beach. If we head north we'll just end up in enemy territory, but there's more room to run."

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    "First, does somebody mind telling me where the hell we are?" Corey spat, interrupting the conversations.
    "I happen to be fairly decent at navigating and tactical things, and I have had more than enough experience in the field. I could be yet of some use to you guys. I've steered my way in and out of trouble as I please for the last decade, and know this region. Though I may have not been here before, my friends have told me of some cities that they live in, if they are not dead yet. I can help." he added emphasis to the last word, and brought up his whole reason for helping the two Uprising members escape the clutches of PXS:

"Provided, of course, that I am allowed to join. Your choice."

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    "Oh?" Isabel raised an eyebrow and smiled at Corey. "You want to help us? Fine, I trust you. So, can you take us to Frosty Gorge or not?"

She turned to the rest of her team.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're done hiding. The time to take on the new law is now! Along with the corruption of PXS," Isabel lowered her voice slightly. "We had one enemy, and now we have two."

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    "Frosty Gorge..." Corey thought hard. Deep in the recesses of his mind, he remembered hearing something that his friend said about it. It was in a mountain range, where the sun rarley shined and it was always snowing. If he remembered correctly, it was... north? Or west? A mountain range isn't too hard to spot, so he could easily figure it out.

"I will do my best. And thank you for letting me join. When do we head out?"

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Yassan didn't know how long he'd been running, nor did he care. Looking back over his shoulder, he saw the tiny red and blue lights of emergency vehicles, plus an unmarked black car at the base of the mountains where the shipyard was. As he always did when he was thinking, he ran a hand over his short black hair, then looked into his helmet's visor for guidance. Nothing was reflected except for his own unshaven face. One thing was for sure though, he had to get at least 10 miles between himself and the shipyard, but in the dying light and grueling upward climb, he doubted he'd reach the other side of the mountain for another two days. Sensing indecision, his Sneasel took the opprotunity to leave it's pokeball. Flexing it's claws, the Sneasel looked up at it's master in confusion. "Sneas?" Yassan shrugged. "I dunno, although now I wish I hadn't left in such a hurry- I should have grabbed the rest of my gear, 'cause I think all of us would kill for a tent." He said, ruffling the hair on the Sneasel's scalp as he spoke. Setting the helmet down, he broke one of his few remaining MRE's into four roughly equal pieces. Handing one to Sneasel, he opened up the other pokeballs to share the food. After they'd all eaten, he sent his Tyranitar and Scyther back into their pokeballs, leaving Sneasel out because something about this place made the hair on the back of his neck stick up, and that had nothing to do with it's length. Standing, he picked up his helmet, and saw a light reflected in the visor. Turning around, he saw the light came from what was probably a small cabin off in the distance. Grinning, he and Sneasel made for the light like moths to a flame.

The cabin's inhabitant turned out to be nothing more threatening than an old woman who rented the cabin for two or three weeks out of the year. Hearing a knock at the door, she answered, only to step back in shock as the soldier materialized out of the darkness, a Sneasel at his heels. She reached for the phone that hung next to the refridgerator. "Don't" Yassan said, a pokeball in his outstreatched hand, and his Sneasel flashed it's claws.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    !

Chris slouched down on a nearby tree while Isabel addressed Corey and the chubby kid (his name still unknown to Chris) about the next mission. Drake had gone to sleep a few minutes ago with his Pokemon, and Ashi was leaning against a tree next to Isabel, listening on the conversation. Frankly, Chris' head hurt too much for him to care, and the Zubat on his shoulder wasn't helping either.

Although Dile seemed quite composed, Zubat was being disquiet, occasionally screeching at bushes or flapping it's wings in panic. <Maybe meeeting some of the other Pokemon will come it down> Chris thought through his pounding headache. Chris stood back up, and released Char, Rio, Psy, Sakura, and Silver from their respective PokeBalls. Dile quickly jumped down off of Chris' other shoulder, landing next to the Pokemon.

"Zubat, like you to meet Char, Rio, Psy, Sakura, and Silver, my other Pokemon." All the Pokemon, except for Psy, yelled out a greeting to the Zubat. "Now what to name you...' Chris asked himself quizzically. Suddenly, the Zubat let out a loud screeching sound again, forcing Chris to cover his ears with his hands and cause everyone to look over.

"Sorry..." Chris said apologetically to the group. He then turned his head to the Zubat on his shoulder "Least I know what to name you now." Chris muttered "Welcome to the team, Screech."

"Zu Zubat!" Screech yelled excitively.

"Well, I'm going to bed, g'night guys." He said to his Pokemon and the group as he went to go get his sleeping bag. All the Pokemon dispersed, looking for a good place to sleep for the night. That is, all except for Psy, who was staring at a bush with a half-baked look on his face. All of a sudden, Psy began to glow a blue-ish colour.

Noticing, Chris asked the Slowbro, "Psy? What's up?"

Suddenly, Psy lifted his arms up into the air, and as he did so, a young boy and a Syther flew out of the bush, landing at Chris' feet. Chris' Pokemon soon surrounded the boy, ready for anything.

"Alright, I'm done." Chris sighed "Isabel, you deal with this, I'm going to bed, g'night." Chris said, walking off to a more tranquil part of the forest with his Pokemon in tow and leaving the kid with the Syther in Isabel's hands. He could hear noise from Isabel and the rest of the group as he set up his sleeping bag.

Chris lay down on his sleeping bag, looking up at the star filled sky. Despite the pounding in his head and with his Pokemon sleeping around him, Chris soon drifted off to sleep.

OOC: Though I'd help get Warden in. He's been waiting so patiently for a while :)

Last edited:

dc_united

Years
    Yassan slowly put a spoonfull of the soup into his mouth. Deciding that it was indeed safe, he swallowed. The old woman watched him and his pokemon as they ate, observing and calculating silently. "Are you a trainer?" she asked. Yassan looked up. "No ma'am, I'm a soldier in the Hiojiin Army. I caught these pokemon a few years ago-they've been with me ever since." She nodded "What are doing here, then? You certainly are quite a long way from home." Yassan shrugged. "I left. My commanding officer didn't like the way I solved our problems, so I was court martialed. Not wanting to spend the rest of my tour of duty in prison, I fled." She nodded again, and took a sip of tea. Yassan shifted in his chair, disturbed that this woman was at ease with her seemingly interrogating questions. "So, what happened to all the Pokémon around here?" The woman shrugged "One day there were 20 in that field. Then 15, then 5, and then none" Yassan stared down at his soup. Sneasel looked up at him, clearly feeling his unease. Pushing himself back from the table, Yassan stood. "Thank you for your hospitality, ma'am. If you don't mind, the day's events have been more tiring than I thought-I'm going to bed." The old woman nodded, and Yassan took his backpack to the guest room and fell asleep.

Hours later, Yassan opened an eye and scanned the room. His pokemon were all inside, sleeping soundly. Quietly returning them to their pokeballs, he cautiously stepped through the hall, peeking around the corner to the kitchen. Nothing was there. Deciding that the woman must have fallen asleep, Yassan picked up his backpack and unlatched the door, vanishing back into the night.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "I'm not about to surrender my Pokémon. I stay," Ashi folded her arms. She waited her turn as Corey spoke, and she added on, "I can drive too. I'm legal, I have a licence."

Chris bid everyone goodnight, but before he did, a Scyther and a boy burst out of the bushes, with help of Psychic energy.

"Alright, I'm done." Chris sighed. "Isabel, you deal with this, I'm going to bed, g'night."

Ashi reacted before anyone else, Lone and Haste already out of their balls, Haste's sword at Scyther's neck and Lone had frozen the Scyther's body to the ground.

"Who are you and who do you work with?" Ashi demanded, her voice low, almost to a whisper.

dc_united

Years
    After putting 5 miles between himself and the cabin, Yassan felt secure enough to sleep. Sitting down, he propped himself up against a tree. Bitterly wishing he had a blanket, Yassan fell into a reluctant sleep.

He saw himself standing over the captured Sinnohan again. "Please, I don't know anything! I'm just a grunt!" The man was pleading, begging for his own pathetic life, oblivious to the misery his army's bombs had caused the remains of Stormhold City. Yassan shrugged, then looked around at the three men under his command. Though their faces were concealed by the Hiojiins helmets, his soldiers nodded subtly. Looking down at the captive, Yassan beckoned his Tyranitar forward. "You don't know anything?" "Never! I never knew anyhing!" Yassan flicked open the visor and spit. "Then you wasted our time. Tyranitar-" But his faithful pokemon had already complied, using Iron Tail. The Sinnohan soldier didn't even have time to protest, flying end over end until he hit something.

Yassan felt a boot in his ribs. What? I don't remember that...? he thought. The boot kicked out again. "Get up!" Yassan opened his eyes. Someone dressed in a horrible idea of what a soldier looked like stood over him. "Get up, Trainer" he snarled, holding a huge knife at Yassan's throat. Yassan rose unsteadily, hands in the air. "Well, whaddya know? It's that fugitive on all the wanted posters. I could get double for you." Yassan shrugged, then curiosity got the better of him. "Who are you?" The man laughed. "Just a bounty hunter, lookin for trainers. You people don't give up pokemon easily" Yassan smiled. "So, who tipped you off?" "Some woman who said a trainer stayed in her cottage. So I get sent out, and here you are" Yassan smiled. "You must be proud of yourself" "Yea..." Then, Yassan kicked out, hitting his captor in the shin. The man swore and stood on one foot, dropping his knife while he held his injured shin. Still smiling, Yassan stood and swept the man's leg out, sending his attacker to the ground. Picking up the man's knife, he slammed it hilt-deep into the tree. Pulling Sneasel's pokeball from his belt, he decided to kick it up a notch.

"Sneasel! Let's go, keep him down!" Sneasel sat on the merc's chest as Yassan dragged him towards a tree. As soon as Yassan had his prisoner up against the trunk, the merc punched Yassan in the face. Stumbing back and massaging his nose, Yassan saw the merc dash off, with Yassan's Sneasel digging into the back of the man's shirt. "Hey! Ged back here!" Yassan shouted. Snarling, he charged off after the bounty hunter and his beloved Sneasel, ignoring his nose.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    (dc_united: if you don't like this post, I'll happily change it.)

A young boy was thrust out of the bushes along with his partner, a Scyther.

"Alright, I'm done." Chris sighed "Isabel, you deal with this, I'm going to bed, g'night."

"Well, It's morning and you probably got the most sleep of all of us," Isabel said, a twinkle in her eye. "But I suppose we could all use a rest."

Ashleigh reacted to the boy on the ground, having Lone freeze the Scyther to the ground and Haste threaten it with its blade.

"Who are you and who do you work with?" Ashi demanded, her voice low, almost to a whisper.

Isabel reached into her sleeve and was about to join in when she heard a rustling from nearby. It sounded an awful lot like a fight to her...

"You stay here and watch the kid, Ashi," Isabel said. "I'll go see what's going on."

Isabel had seen quite enough.

"Lum! Fay! Eve!"

The three Eevee forms slipped out of the bushes between the trainer and his bounty hunter prey. Fay jumped up and pinned the bounty hunter down, her tail beginning to glow as it hardened. The other two Pokemon faced the trainer and his Sneasel, making sure neither of them made a mover closer.

"There are very many ways to deal with an enemy," Isabel said darkly. "And not all of them have to result in death."

Last edited:

dc_united

Years
    "There are very many ways to deal with an enemy," Isabel said darkly. "And not all of them have to result in death."

The girl, only a few years younger than Yassan, happened to come in at a rather bad time. Yassan had just rugby-tackled the fleeing bounty hunter and had been trying to pry his Sneasel out of the hunter's back when he'd been interrupted by three evolutions of Eevee. Yassan snorted in disbelief, and tried to sit up before deciding it would be better if he stayed put. "If you faced some of the problems I have, that's the often the easiest solution" Looking about as much as his current position would allow, he flashed a winning smile. "Now, may I have the pleasure of your aquaintince? My name is Yassan Orolovitz, ex-Hiojiin Army. You've already had the chance to meet this lug-(he motioned to the prone bounty hunter) and Sneasel"

OOC (sorry if it's not enough, have to go)

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    "If you faced some of the problems I have, that's the often the easiest solution" Looking about as much as his current position would allow, he flashed a winning smile. "Now, may I have the pleasure of your aquaintince? My name is Yassan Orolovitz, ex-Hiojiin Army. You've already had the chance to meet this lug and Sneasel"

"Easy isn't always best," Isabel said. "Or right."

Isabel allowed another PokeBall to slide down her sleeve. Umi's. Just in case.

"I'm Isabel Evans," she continued cautiously. "Current fighter against the newly enacted Pokemon law and leader of the Uprising. Now, as much as I enjoy taking part in formalities that tell us virtually nothing relevant about one another, I feel that this... 'lug' should be taken care of forthwith."

Without another word, Isabel kneeled down next to the bounty hunter. Fay carefully pried the knife from his hand with psychic power and sent it into a tree. Isabel took the man's belt and, while Fay subdued him, tied his wrists together.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    The boy remained silent as Isabel walked away to deal with whoever else was following them. Ashi waved at her, without looking away. The boy was scared, he was only about 12 or 13 years old. Who was the idiot who was sending in boys to do a man's job.

"Tell me who you are or you'll have no head to tell anyone," Ashi threatened again, Haste pushing his harder against the boy's neck. Lone had already frozen the boy to the ground and was growling at the Scyther. The boy gulped and opened his mouth, speaking slowly.

(OOC: just a push on the warden)

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    (Ashi threatens Paul quite a bit in this post it's up to you if she is planing to hurt him and Slash or just trying to make him talk.)

Paul had been following the girl on the bird pokemon all night continuing in the direction she had been travling in even after she landed. Eventual he found a camp and washiding in the bushes when he ripped out and thrown in to the middle of the camp. He heard a boys voice behind him but couldn't make out what it said, somthing about going to bed, is ears were ringing. Although Paul didn't know it his ears were ringing because of the phychic attack that dragged him out of the bush. Suddenly a girl was running towards him, she threw two pokeball and an absol and a glaceon apeared. Before Paul or Slash could react they were both frozen to the ground, the glaceon stood ready to freez Slash at any sign of movement and the absol had its sword ready to slash at Pauls neck if he moved.

The girl stood infront of him whispered "Who are you and who do you work with?" Paul stood in silence maybe if he stayed quiet they would just let him go or some thing. Another girl started walking towards them, the girl who got knocked out in the alleyway, but then she turned and ran off into the woods.

"Tell me who you are or you'll have no head to tell anyone," the girl said, this time Paul felt the absol's blade being pushed into his neck, It's time to start talking. Paul opened his mouth very slowly.

"I I I" Paul stuttered "I am Paul Stevenson"

"Who sent you?" the girl asked.

"No one" Paul replied.

"I said who sent you? Don't lie to me, or I'll make Haste here give your scyther another scar" the girl threatened patting the absol on the back and then pointing at Slash.

"No one sent me and who are you" Paul shouted out. By now he had attracted the attention of the rest of the camp.

"I seem to be the one asking the questuions here not you. So if you don't work for any one how did you find us." The girl asked.

Paul told the story of how he had seen the girl in the alley way, following her to the PXS HQ, broke in, broke out again, he said "and then I followed you here on your bird pokemon."

Paul continued to speak but Ashi didn't hear him she was in a world of her own, this boy, Paul, didn't matter any more the rest of the group was here to take care of him if he moved, if this boy who has no training in tracking could find us then bounty hunters could.

(OOC leaving it there for now we can either be attacked by bounty hunters or not, but i think Paul is safe for Ashi for the time being)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Ashi nodded at Lone and Haste to back away, this boy meant no harm. He was too stupid, anyways. She kicked him down and turned away, now facing the others.

"If this," Ashi shot a look at him,"... stupid and idiotic boy can trace us, then Bounty Hunters can. I say we move now. Someone go alert Issy. Corey, hang on to the boy and make sure he doesn't escape. He might not be a threat now, but he could run away and tell someone. Isabel needs to talk to him. I'll go grab Chris. He's had little sleep, but we need to move," Ashi said quickly, pointing at Corey at his turn, in Isabel's direction, then in Chris'.

"We need to go to the next town, we might be fighting, but it's better to be alive and running then dead," Ashi said before stepping her way through the forest to find Chris.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back