• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Victory Pokémon

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Years
  • The Victory Pokémon

Well, the Liberty Pass wi-fi event is just about over (depending on where you are; I think it's the same dates for at least Europe and North America). Did you get yours, and did you go get your Victini from Liberty Island yet? Did you get a good nature? Do you like Victini, and did you/will you use it on your team?

I just got my Black version less than a week ago, and I was glad that I made it in time for this event. I'm using my Victini on my team; I know a lot of people don't like to use legendaries on their in-game team, but Victini was quite obviously made available early on purpose (and the event was even advertised in the game's box), so I've made an exception. Plus, there don't seem to be as many Fire-type Pokémon to choose from in Unova as there have been in the past.

What about you?

Last edited:

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Well I did get it. After completing the game so it was basically useless. So no I will not be using it on my team. And me, I don't care about natures so I don't even know what nature I have. But I do like Victini a lot!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I kept resetting Black, lol. :x I think I have 5 Victini's atm, 2 I'm keeping and the others I'll probably be sharing. My natures suck, though. :(

It was on my team for my Black playthrough though! And it was pretty good. :3

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I did get the victini, but I think they will release the movie victini when the time comes for US, which will have unique moves like v-create, so I'll be looking forward to that as well.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I chose Tepig, so having a second fire-type would just be too redundant for me anyways. I've got my liberty pass, but I just haven't used it. I actually wonder if Team Plasma will be there once I head over there later in the post-game. XD

Also, fire-types are actually quite abundant in Unova as compared to other regions...Excluding Emboar, Reshiram, and Victini, you've got Simisear, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heatmor, and Volcarona. XD

Last edited:

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    i've gotten mine as soon as black/white came out in the US, he was a pain to catch, but was worth it, it has a Quirky nature i think, which is fitting for such a pokemon. i don't plan on trading him and such, as with most of my unique catches

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I never actually got one lol. :@

But at the same time, I haven't really been interested in getting one. I mean it's cool and everything but I'm too lazy to do anything, even just go pick up a Pokémon. |D

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I got the Liberty Pass on both White and Black, and defeated Team Plasma on Liberty Island in White (so he's ready to catch), but I plan to RNG for him. When the event ends, you just can't get the Liberty Pass anymore, right? It's not like you won't be able to find him on Liberty Island?

Anyway, yeah, I plan to RNG him twice for two different Victini sets. Most likely the Scarf set and the Final Gambit set (because 404 damage is awesome).

FalconsDrummer

Years
  • Yeah, the event is only for getting the pass. You can use it and/or capture Victini anytime as long as you got the event.

Also, I don't really know anything about RNG, but if you (or anybody) were wanting to, say, get a shiny Victini, Nintendo actually programmed it so it's impossible to get a shiny Victini from Liberty Island. Which is interesting.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Yeah, the event is only for getting the pass. You can use it and/or capture Victini anytime as long as you got the event.

Also, I don't really know anything about RNG, but if you (or anybody) were wanting to, say, get a shiny Victini, Nintendo actually programmed it so it's impossible to get a shiny Victini from Liberty Island. Which is interesting.

To be honest, I'd guess that they did that so they can release a shiny event Victini (or Reshiram or Zekrom, since those two can't be shiny either) at some point in the future. Either that, or they're just incredibly mean. :(

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • I loathe using legendaries on my team, I have him and I really like him, but his rarity bothers me enough to not use him. I prefer using zen mode Darmanitan as my main fire type, I love gimmicky Pokemon, a ton. So I really couldn't help myself would I found out about zen mode. XD

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I got a jolly natured near flawless Victini when I RNG'ed it once. But it got deleted cause my nephews deleted my save just recently (I swear I will hide my cartridge properly next time). I however re-downloaded another liberty ticket just the day before the ending of the event and is now stored in my cartridge. I will start playing White again after I finish playing my Platinum cause I haven't got the chance to play 4th gen games, until now..

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • I got two Adamant Victini. But they both have different characteristics, IV's.

They do both have Hidden Power Electric. Probably because I don't care for IV's and use pokemon as I do. Victini has more important moves to use than use Hidden power anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I hate using Legendaries so its rotting in my PC. I caught it the day it came out and its been there since.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I caught it a few days ago, never had any interest in using it but thought I'd catch it to help complete my dex.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • If I restart my game, will I still have the Liberty Pass?
    I'm already hesitant to restart as it is, because I already sent over my Celebi, Shiny Entei, Shiny Raikou, and Shiny Suicune for the Zorua and Zoroark events and I know i'll probably not get them back.
    Plus, even if I do trade them to my brother's White version and back to my new file on Black, I won't be able to do the Zorua and Zoroark events.

I didn't use Victini on my last playthrough and i'd like to try it. There are also a few others I'd like to try.

FalconsDrummer

Years
  • You won't still have the item if you restart. If you were to restart today, I think you could still get the pass again though, I think today's the last day of the event.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I got my victini when i first started when lvl 10 was a nice lvl to be at when i saw it was at lvl 15 i was like Sweet! i got it with my last pokeball even though i had like 6 great balls on me and like 2 premier balls and ended up getting a crappy impish nature -.-'

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • I just love Victini! <33 Hands down my favorite legend in the game, and yes, I got him! :3 I got the liberty pass on both my game before it ended~ Is a shame though it can't be shiny, it's so pretty shiny. :[ Even though it is great not shiny~ I hope everyone got a Victini, cause Victini is love! <3

Back