• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the "what should i name my pokemon"thread

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I'm looking for a nickname for a female pidgey and female taillow...

For the shiny Eevee:
    Silver, Fernanda :S, Phoebe :S, Eve, Shorty. Hehe, weren't those crap :D

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Why can't just everyone rate the nicknames? All the raters so far seem to have very similar styles, and to be honest, I don't like your style (No offense meant, I just don't like the kinds of nicknames you people are suggesting). =\ And there really isn't any point to this thread if every helper here has a similar style. Everyone should be allowed to give nicknames. Ria's rules would work very well that way.

Anyway... does anyone have a good nickname for a bold male Vaporeon with Wish. And no, I don't want any lame nicknames like Zephyr or Azure or something similar. I would like at least some hint towards its nature or the move Wish.

I'd also like a nickname for my timid male Gardevoir.

Twiin

Wandering Nomad
    Years
    I think I've found a pretty relevant name for your Vaporeon, Smarties-kun - tell me if you like it!
    Marid
    A Marid is a creature from Arabian mythology.
    In sorcery books djinn are classified into four races after the classical elements, where they live: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Accounts differ but marids are often described as the most powerful type of djinn, having especially great powers over water [Connections to Vaporeon's type, obviously]. They are the most arrogant and proud as well. [These characteristics could be associated with boldness, I suppose] Female or male, their skin is deep blue or green, and their hair always looks wet and wavy, as though underwater. They are sometimes referred to as "blue djinn". Like every djinn, they have free will yet could be compelled to perform chores. They also have the ability to grant wishes to mortals, but that usually requires battle, and according to some sources imprisonment, rituals, or just a great deal of plain flattery. [The wish aspect you asked for!]
    ---
    Most of my Pokemons' names are based on mythology...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I love the nickname you came up with for my Vaporeon, Twiin! Thanks alot. =D You sure can come up with some awesome nicknames. The similarities of the description of a Marid and my Vaporeon are remarkable. And off I go to Slateport and to the name rater.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    ???

pokemaster7:a shinney evee is white.
    joyce~:sorry im not good...
    winter
    snow queen
    you could name it after that flame cat from inuyasha(forgot the name)

Last edited:

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hey, can anyone suggest nicks? If so:

Joyce~♥ said:
    Nice idea guys ^^
    Okay , I'll want a neat nickname for my shiny Eevee :3
    nature : Relaxed

Maybe: Bella (I know it means 'beautiful' in Italian, but it means 'white' i my own language ;) ), or Senka (it means shadow, if you wan't to use an exact opposite ^^ ).
    Diageo suggested 'Silver', but since it's a female eevee maybe Silvy or Silvia instead?
    Uuum...let's see...how about Flake? Or...Pace? Or...Nula?

I'll delete this post if only the helpers are allowed to suggest nicks, it's just that I've always wanted a shiny eevee and I spent a lot of time daydreaming about nicks for one ^^ You'll forgive me, guys, right? ^^

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I'm looking for more of a cute name than a powerfull one, if u know what I mean...

Littlecuts sounds good but I'll wait to see if theres anything better...

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    can i help? pleeeeeeeeeaaaaasses s?
    i love naming my pokemon inappropriate names (but i won't do that here)

i'll help by listing the names i gave MY pokes:
    Houndoom-"Gwyllgi" of Fire Emblem inspiration (the three-headed hellhound)
    Milotic-contest-"Shampoo" Ranma1/2 inspiration
    Milotic-"Fabio"
    Koffing-contest-"Perfume" weezing pokedex entry
    Starmie-"Death Star" battle.net
    Kyogre-"Muerocetus" ketos(whale) muerte(death)
    Kyogre-"KillerOrca"
    Rayquaza-"Gay Ray" from Scary Movie, the gay guy named Ray
    Rayquaza-"Quaziz" partly from rayquaza's jewish mythological counterpart, Ziz
    Entei/Blaziken/Typhlosion-"Pyromancer" sounded fiery and cool- from dictionary
    Suicune-"Seaman" of South Park inspiration
    Stantler-"Psytherium" Psy + ther("beast")
    Ampharos-"Zaptherium" Zap + ther("beast")
    Swampert-"WetSoiler"
    Zigzagoon-"Noogaz Giz"
    Sceptile-"GreenGothe" treeko looked Gothic
    Blaziken-"Shadowken"
    Ralts-"Salts","Grudge","GirlInRing"
    Latias-"LATTIA","Latian"
    Pikachu-"InsertName"
    Gyarados-"Gyorg" of Legend of Zelda: Majara's Mask inspiration (the shark boss)
    Yanma-"Meganeura" giant, ancient dragonfly

i gave my two slakings names': "SuperThing"(satire of Superman) and something else.... inapropriate(hint: it ends in -"offth", but that's all the hint I'm gonna give you :D :P) ps.don't try to guess or else I'll get in trouble. :)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    YEA,U CAN HELP WHAT? YOU SEEM PRETTY GOOD!
    (sorry caps lock)

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    OMG i just thought of a name for your shiny eevee.
    "Geisha"
    it's pale, it's female, it's relaxed.
    that name was more out of humor, though. use it if you like to make fun of your pokemon, like me!

Last edited:

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    Okay boys, let's see what you've got ;)

I need a nice name for a male Buterfree ;) I haven't caught the caterpie I'm going to evolve yet, so I still don't know the nature (feel free to recommend one while you're at it).

And, a word of warning, nothing that has stuff like: killer, slash, Mr., or the like in it. We're talking about a gentle, graceful child of the forests here, okay? Oh, and one word names please ;)

'Kay, shoot ^.^

Back