• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The WHO declare the swine flu a pandemic.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
  • Pishaw, Swine Flu is comprised of Asian Swine Flu, American Swine Flu, Bird Flu and Human Flu.

No, it's not. Go back to bed.

Also,

The WHO declare the swine flu a pandemic.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • OH NOEZ, we're all gonna dieeee! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH-*Machine gun'd*

I knew they would do this, why now, I don't know.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I think its crazy.
    I mean if you think about it the majority who have been affected have had very low emune systems.
    Examples
    Mexican: People living in dis-advantaged areas in mexico are some of the most unhealthy and sick in the world due to their weather and environment not to mention lack of money a facilities.

One of the 1st Cases: One of the fist cases was a pregnant woman and also a baby i might add. Both having low emune sytems. A baby being too weak to fight the virus and a pregnant lady whom was also disadvantaged as she was not in full health as you'd expect.

And general people: there has been others possibly of full health but i do not know i'm no expert! But as far as i know a lot of them were know for having desieses and other ailments in the past.

So what i'm trying to say is..
    H1N1 Really to be feared?
    Couldn't we just be more carefull and keep healthy?
    If we cured the sick and contained the virus as well as trying to keep healthy (Goverments possibly releasing info on what too do) We could eliminate it.

I am here to raise a point and it is open to debate. I freely accept any critisism as i'm not an expert ^_^

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Still though, under normal circumstances nothing would have happened, as SIV is specialized to affect apes, not humans (regardless of how "similar" we are, we are two separate species). Besides, various peoples have been eating monkey and been exposed to ape blood for a long time... so why now? Or rather, how the hell was the virus' first generation able to cross species so quickly?
    This is where mutation takes its role.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • The virus is already a mutant strain. So it'll be hardier than normal viruses. It may keep mutating to keep it immune to antibodies. Mutation takes place person to person.

Darn, wish the scientist have found a way to kill the whole lot.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • This is where mutation takes its role.

Viruses do mutate, but only across generations. Viral mutation occurs as a result of mistakes in replication, so while the parent virus remains intact, the daughter viruses are the ones that are mutants.

Replication/reproduction occurs after the virus has infected the cell, because viruses use the host cell to produce the daughter viruses.

The virus cannot infect the original host cell unless it is specialized to do so.

So how did the first generation virus spontaneously mutate to affect humans?

Back