• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Wild Pokémon are really dumb" moment

shroud

It's almost time...
    Years
    in the old RBY games when i just started i remember having caught a geodude and practiced battling against pikachus in the viridian forest. the only attack they knew was T-Shock. :P

Years
    I think wild Pokemon are stupid, when you have a level 50+ Pokemon in your party, and you come accross a level 8/9 Pokemon, but they wont let you run. I don't find anything more infuriating than "Can't escape"

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    ...No such luck for me. The pokés I usually face seem to know type effectiveness, and some even know how to actually power up their moves one turn and attack with the corresponding special/physical attack on the next. Maybe I'm just (un)lucky.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Starly from Gen IV. I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

STUPID AND MOST ANNOYING POKEMON EVER!!

Turtwig used Absorb. 2 Damage!

Starly used Growl!

Turtwig used Absorb. 1 Damage!

Starly used Growl!

Turtwig tries to run away! Can't Escape!

Starly used Growl!

43 hours later...

Starly used Growl!

Turtwig kills itself out of boredom!

PuyoPuyo Raffine

Puyo Puyo Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    that DOES get annoying....maybe it was smart enough to know how to piss you off to that extent

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    I remember one from Brown (and if you don't know what that one is I may have to shoot you :P) aaages back. Was against the electric gym leader - something like a Lv. 66 Riachu, wiped out all my party and the only one left was a Lv. 24 Cubone. But Raichu only knew electric attacks and Cubone isn't affected at all!

The "Wild Pokémon are really dumb" moment

Took about 10 mins but I eventually won. :)

And of course, in the wild on any game, you cannot beat this one.

"Magikarp used Splash!"

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I actually have a pretty funny story about that actually. I was training my Banette in Victory Road in Johto, and these damn Graveller kept self destructing and it doesn't effect little Banette! So I basically got free and easy exp. points. It was awesome and easy.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Graveller used Rock Polish
    Graveller used Selfdestruct!!!

Lol, but even worse is when Elite Four or Gym Leaders use Perish Song on their last pokemon, when you have two of yours left.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Try fighting a Wooper ten levels lower than you with a Pikachu who only know surf and thunderbolt. :/

Timepiece

Shoddy Engineer
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Anytime I enter an area with pokemon which know self-destruct or explode, I lead with a ghost. Generally, this nets me half the encounters worth of literally taking a nap and waiting for them to commit suicide.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    Mine's with Lugia also - I managed to get it under five hp, paralyze it, and reduce its accuracy with flash six times. My single, lower-leveled pokemon was barely touched. Whenever it managed to hit me, it used rain dance xD
    lol, same!

I flashed lugia so much it kept missing, and paralyzed it too xD

I caught it while using my lvl 5 hoothoot I use for flying. I think Lugia cried in shame...

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    I was in the Elite 4, and Bertha used a Full Restore on her Gliscor, which could only use Struggle.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    i was training my gengar and a wild graveler apeared
    it used selfdestruct as i sad *sigh* darn.
    BUT selfdestruct is a normal type move
    Gengar was not hurt and Geodude comitted suicide

Back