• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Just got a Protean Froakie, much to my delight :) and several Eevees, I am addicted to Wonder Trade.
    EDIT: AHMAGAH GOT A VULPIX. One of my favourite Pokémon. Squee.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The one downside with Victory Road tradebacks: someone early in the game can't use them. I won't make a habit of trading back many later Pokémon. Horde catches seen worthwhile however since they can be hard to nab.

Years
  • I'm addicted to wonder trade! I've done it a bunch, gotten some good pokemon and some Bidoofs, lol. I've given my share of bunnelbys, but I always try and make the other person happy!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    First day owning Pokémon Y (and a 3DS XL).
    I tried out the Wonder Trade pretty much after catching the very first few Pokémon. lol I just couldn't resist.

I gave away a lowlevel Zigzagoon and a Fletchling for a freshly hatched lvl 1 Pinsir (which is in my main team now and I loe it) and a Japanese lvl 25 Wobuffet.

I also gave away a Continental styled lvl 12 Vivillion (Which is funny, because it has the same colors my countrys flag has) and got a Japanese Ditto which is already in use.

It's a nice feature, but it kinda breaks the game since you can get overleved Pokémon right at the beginning of the game.

-- Matt

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    Did some WonderTrading too
    started with a Gengar>Bunnelby>Lotad>Fletchling>Smeargle>Ditto

decided to keep the ditto because i didn't have one yet

Gonna start again now with a lvl 51 scyther =p

Aminta

past the point of no return
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    I love the Wonder Trade feature, I think it's a really great idea.

I have, however, decided that every time I get sent a Bunnelby, I am releasing it into the wild instead of throwing it back into WT. No matter how small a difference it may make... One less Bunnelby in the WT pool is one less Bunnelby for someone to deal with. And that is a good thing no matter how you look at it.

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    After I finally got my perfect Eevee from breeding, I decided to wonder trade the other 4-5 IV Eevee that I had a full box of.

Got some pretty good trades. Got some Pokemon for my Pokedex and some good level 1 Pokemon with good natures for future breeding projects. :)

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • I've done many trades through wonder trade, usually I send ones that I've piled up from breeding. Best I got was a Japanese squirtle while I sent out a English froakie. Thanks to the Jpn and my own Eng squirtle I managed to hatch a shiny squirtle after around 30 eggs :)>

Last edited:

Yoshi119

Abbeon
    Years
  • I have a warning for you guys, people are trading glitched eggs over wonder trade that corrupt your save file :/ For more information on it, search for "Pokemon X and Y Mysterious Eggs" or "Bad Eggs" on Google or whatever, just be verrrry careful!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    I have a warning for you guys, people are trading glitched eggs over wonder trade that corrupt your save file :/ For more information on it, search for "Pokemon X and Y Mysterious Eggs" or "Bad Eggs" on Google or whatever, just be verrrry careful!
    Is that really a problem even though you save the game before every trade anyway?

-- Matt

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    I have a warning for you guys, people are trading glitched eggs over wonder trade that corrupt your save file :/ For more information on it, search for "Pokemon X and Y Mysterious Eggs" or "Bad Eggs" on Google or whatever, just be verrrry careful!

This claim has not been proven by anyone and the original claim about the mystery zone eggs was about corrupted data that appeared one day after the game launch, all the info on eggs are pure rumors as no one has provided real proof of gettign one of these eggs over the WT

Is that really a problem even though you save the game before every trade anyway?

-- Matt

the problem with these eggs (which are corrupted game data) is that if you touch them in any way like move them or anythign they will begain creating more and more swalloing up your boxes and even real pokemon data for good

There has only been once case confirmed of these mystery eggs and that case had nothing to do with the WT

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    i've gotten 3 pokemon with pokerus via wonder trade. and since i do alot of mm breeding i feed alot of hidden ability pokemon into wonder trade, release the rest xP

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    I'm MM'ing for a shiny Electrike, I'm leveling the non-shiny hatched ones to Level 20 before trading them off.

Hopefully I'll make some WT'ers happy.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I once got Larvesta through wounder trade. Planning to breed it as soon as I finish the game

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • Literally had nothing to do so I did a million wonder trades and wrote them all out pretty like :3
    USA Hawlucha (lv. 23) → JAP Panpour (lv. 30)
    USA Quagsire (lv. 46) → USA Flabebe (lv. 1) :|
    USA Flabebe (lv. 1) → JPN Emolga (lv. 20)
    JPN Emolga (lv. 20) → USA Sigilyph (lv. 21)
    USA Sigilyph (lv. 21) → JPN Noivern (lv. 30)
    USA Stunfisk (lv. 46) → USA Tentacool (lv. 25)
    USA Stunfisk (lv. 48) → JPN Pidgey (lv. 3)
    USA Stunfisk (lv. 46) → JPN Wingull (lv. 7)
    JPN Wingull (lv. 7) → JPN Gible (lv. 1)
    JPN Gible (lv. 1) → USA Scyther (lv. 71) {D:}
    USA Farfetch'd (lv. 40) → USA Roggenrola (lv. 22)

Thank you random player from Japan for the Scyther!

Years
  • I've done a few, got a froakie, larvesta, pinsir, ditto are some notable gains. I traded some exclusives to my games and bred starters to trade.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    i got a perfect 5IV protean timid froakie today for a pickachu today
    i kinda feel bad tbh :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    i got a perfect 5IV protean timid froakie today for a pickachu today
    i kinda feel bad tbh :/

wow that's just awesome. your pretty lucky. I've been trading away pichu with one to two perfect ivs, I got eggsecute, bulbsuar and squirtle. which i would haven been more excited for back at the beginning of the game, but still happily surprised with the quality of pokemon on wonder trade now a days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back