• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The world's most ignored problem.

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
    Yeah but, to be honest human cruelty is quite rare. It hardly happens and when it does the government punishes the person severely.

Animal cruelty happens quite frequently and It's It's inhumane so loads of groups are set up.

Years
    Yeah but, to be honest human cruelty is quite rare. It hardly happens and when it does the government punishes the person severely.

Animal cruelty happens quite frequently and It's It's inhumane so loads of groups are set up.

Rare???

"Cruel" is defined as:

–adjective, -er, -est. 1.willfully or knowingly causing pain or distress to others.2.enjoying the pain or distress of others: the cruel spectators of the gladiatorial contests. 3.causing or marked by great pain or distress: a cruel remark; a cruel affliction. 4.rigid; stern; strict; unrelentingly severe.

(from dictionary.com)

So, yeah, tearing someone's arm off is "willfully or knowingly causing pain or distress to others," but so is making fun of someone's haircut, flicking someone in the head, or refusing to share water with a thirsty traveling companion when there is only one bottle between the two of you. By definition, cruelty happens every second in this world.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    There are so many words that links to 'human cruelty', and those many words are what distress and is the top concern of the government and many other major organization.

From child abuse to first degree murder. Human cruelty has been the main problem in every country for as long as you and I could remember.

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    You are all thinking of this from a very close minded point of view. Nobody here has mentioned human rights abuses on a world scale, rather than what everyone seems to be thinking of the United States. This is such a huge problem that nobody really knows where to start.

Think, people getting cut up in tribal conflicts in The Congo, peoples lives being burnt down in Sudan, 1.5 million people being blockaded and starved in a tiny area of land in Gaza, immigrants into Europe being sold in the sex trade, slavery still happening in Africa, Asia and Europe. This is just the surface, there are so many people that the world has left behind.

Sure, your country's government might hold human rights dear (and even then it's questionable, I'm looking at you, George Bush) but most "government"s really have better things to worry about, like their bank statements.

Sometimes all you can do is be thankful that you're not a Somali in a refugee camp, or an Iraqi living in a once great, now destoryed, country, or a sex slave in Russia, or a Palestinian living without a homeland.

So excuse me if I care more about the human plight then animal abuses.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    This will sound like a typical American political statement....Right now animal and human cruelty should not be our main concern! If we do not fix our economy, then we will not have enough money to supply our military with weapons...Yes we do need war, without war we would not have the freedom to say we hate war....Without war we might still be under British control, or whatever other world power that had a stronger military...If our economy gets much and our huge national debt gets worse and we start to cut funding from the military, then those that we owe a lot of money will come to collect....So for now this should not be a political concern!! (before anyone starts to insult me, you know deep down this is true!) One more thing I wish to point out, war lead to the end of slavery in America....

Back