• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grodkorv

i like trains..
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    i just beat red, and wtf!
    is it possible that he jumps from mt.silver? lol
    the screen turns black and his gone, and your player hasnt moved^^
    maybe he could'nt take the fact that someone was stronger then him and jumped.. lol xD

Samoo

GPX+ Fan ~ Click The Eggs :]
    Years
  • Ehh... wtf moments for me...

Probably the fact I couldn't catch a simple ho-oh or Lugia in my Soul Silver... yet when it comes to Groudon, I thought for a laugh I'd throw a normal Pokéball. For Lugia and Ho-oh I had to reset SO many times... but for Groudon it used rest, got it to pretty much 1HP and I caught it first time with that 1 regular Pokéball -___-

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    My wtf moment was when i beat all of karens pokemon with my typhlowsion who had 2hp left. I was like wow. It was her rematch team to so her pokemon where about the same level as hers. All one hit ko's

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • i say 'wtf' everytime i attack, and the hp goes so low that you can barely even SEE it, but they haven't fainted. WTF?!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • : When I get a switch of Pokemon in the arcade : when my Salamence got swapped with a Bellosom T_T.

:When Lance crits [in a row] Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor and my Mamoswine was still alive ! :D

:I was fighting my brother while catching Rayquaza and we both stopped for a second when the music stopped : we pushed the cart while the game was showing "Gotcha ! RAYQUAZA was cau" u_u. I caught it on a later date though.

Totoquil

Ooh! Shiny!!
    Years
  • In SS, I went to battle Ho-oh. Got it to where I wanted it, went to get a ball, and found out I only had 1 pokeball.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Like the reply baaack on the first page:
    Climbed the tower to battle Ho-Oh, realized I didn't battle Kimono Girls, didn't have escape rope OR repels!!!

A weird 'WTF'

For some reason I can only catch Pokemon when i'm not looking O_o

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I went into Union cave on my recently obtained anti black screen patched(or atleast I think that's what the patch was) HG(U) rom (no black screen yet!) and I realized all I had was my low level zubat and a Quilava, then still got through the cave anyway, fighting ALL the trainers (except for the ones you have to surf to get to, but that should go without saying)

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    caught a level 79 unown first try with pokeball while hacking for fun

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    my friend just now went to get mewtwo and he was fishing in cerulean cave and found a shiny poliwag. he earlier found a shiny electrode in the rocket hideout. wtf

Moob Muncher

Muncher of Moobs
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I haven't had the chance to experience that many wtf moments; I kind of rushed through the game. So my biggest one was probably beating the elite four, I'd just barely managed to beat the last gym, then I went and caught lugia (took 3 dusk balls, I was chuffed ;D) then I noticed I didn't have anything else to do except go face the elite four, so I was like awww man, this is gonna take alooot of training. I never finished gold on the gameboy though, so I didn't know what the johto elite four were like, so I decided to just give it a go out of curiosity. My best pokemon was my new lugia, level 45, all the others either level 41 or lower. Then I ended up storming though all four of them and then just beating Lance with eventually nothing left but lugia, twas a truly memorable moment :)

snake1111123

begginer ev trainer
    Years
  • my wtf moment is when my friend used sheer cold on my with his lapras 5 times in a row i was soo mad because my last pokemon was a lvl 6 cacnea.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I tried the daily drawing in the goldenrod department store, actually wanting to get the number 3 prize so I could get some Oran berries to heal that miltank and get the seal case.
    "... Congratulations, you've won the no. 1 prize!" on the first try.
    2nd Try: No. 2 prize! Alright, but all I want is some Oran Berries!
    Wow, if this luck keeps up, I'll get myself a shiny soon!

EDIT: great, my game just randomly froze for no apparent reason.
    NO IT IS NOT A ROM.

Last edited:

Epicness

Hacker Newbia
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2010
    I used a GS to get 5000xp per battle. a lvl 16 raticate used quick attack and took out my lvl 84 charizard in a single blow 0_0

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I went to go take on Red, expecting the hardest battle of my life, I had lowest level: 61 Flygon, Highest Level: 70 Blaziken, gave Flygon a Choice Scarf, OHKOed Pika with a critical Earthquake, and managed to get through the rest of his team quite easily, using only two Max Revives.

nm legend

Years
  • the most recent wtf moment for me was wen i was in viridian forest and a gang of pikachus jumped me nd my typlsosion nd took all my money and my silver wing

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I encountered a shiny Koffing in the Safari Zone.
    I threw a Ball at it...

1 shake

2 shakes

*POOF*
    Oh no! It appeared to be caught!

This happened three times, and it used up my last three Balls.
    the most recent wtf moment for me was wen i was in viridian forest and a gang of pikachus jumped me nd my typlsosion nd took all my money and my silver wing
    I really lol'd.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • my wtf is ongoing. Entei is wandering around with 1HP and asleep. I've met it probably about 20 times and thrown every ball I can think of at it and still no catch!

Plus the fact that it can flee while asleep is a huge wtf!

You made me laugh and spill my drink :(

Mine: when will's gardevoir Critical hits with Psychic which would normally do about 20HP, but instead takes my 6x cosmic Power buffed Sassy level 75 clefable from 202 to 0HP...

needless to say, i never used clefable again >.<

Also finding Latios and Raikou in consecutive battles on the same route without repel equipped.

Also the way blaine says he's rebuilding CINNIBAR gym, by moving to Seafoam Islands :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back