• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    My WTF moment was when this boy called me for the 5th time to talk about his super special 100% Rattata. -_-

neo darkrai

I am Gundam
    Years
    My WTF moment is this. I was just going along with the Sinnoh Sound trying to get some 4th Gen Pokemon. I'm not paying attention when a random encounter happens and guess what I hear? I hear the little shiny jingle and turn my head to see... a Bidoof. Of course I caught it, but seeing it just made me think "WTF?"

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Found a shiny Magikarp in Blackthorn City. Not that I'm not happy with it, but I was hoping for a Shiny I could train and fully evolve... No point in having three Red Gyarados, you know. >_>

Still, I can't complain. Evolution is out of the question, but it still looks pretty slick golden.

Zeko

^ is awesome!
    Years
    Here's mine:

I was EV Training my Chansey, it got to low health, REALLY LOW. And I used a Max Potion...

3 Harry Potter books and a trip to China later, IT WAS STILL HEALING!! xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    When I ran into a shiny graveler, and it used selfdestruct :( I was like, "HRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!" It wasn't rngd. It was a standard 1/8192 shiny.

Yuii

PokéBreeder
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    My FTW moment was when I was just roaming around and encounter a random shiny pokemon, I thought it was my ROM acting up and I just fled from the battle. Turns out I wasn't playing on my ROM, it was the actual game. >__>

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    It's a moment from Diamond rather than HG/SS but the Pokemon in question is now on HG so it's just about relevant...

Anyway I was finishing off my Sinnoh Pokedex so I could get the National Dex and start trading all my Pokes across through Pal Park, and I realised I didn't have Uxie. So I went to catch him, forgot to save before fighting him, and... Shiny. My first ever Shiny.

So, having nearly wet myself with glee, I proceeded to take him on - with Infernape, for some reason. First attack to take his health down was Flamethrower. WHICH BURNED HIM.

So now having wet myself with utter horror I proceeded to fling a Dusk Ball at him, the only chance I'd get before the Burn finished Shiny Uxie off. And whaddaya know... first ball caught him.

The amount of luck I used in those 5 minutes definitely made me go WTF.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
    The Battle Tower is an endless fount of WTF moments:
    Single Battle, level ~24 or so...
    First foe - Dewgong. Used Sheer Cold on my first guy (a Metagross) and it worked.
    Second foe - Walrein. My 2nd guy (a Gyarados) tried using Thunder on him 8 TIMES and missed. Sheer Cold...again. Down goes 2nd guy. My third (Garchomp) gets him.
    Third foe - Mismagius, uses icy wind...and I'm done. W.T.F.
    I truly hate the battle tower. It is so utterly cheap and tedious...what is the point?

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    My WTF moment is:

SPEAROW rolled around in the grass!

It's a bird for crying out loud, why would it roll around in the grass? :l

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Earlier today I was in the Ruins of Alph filling out the unknown report. I had three Pokeballs left, for Unknowns X, Y, and Z. I got into a battle with X, and instead of throwing a Pokeball, I threw my Masterball at it T.T Despite the fact that I always catch the Legendaries with Ultraballs, I was still like "NOOOOO! WTF"

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    Here's an odd moment. I put a Ninetails and a Vulpix in the daycare so they can breed. I turn the game off and boot the game back up a few hours later. I talk to the old man and he doesn't have an egg. I thought to myself, 'ok, they won't breed.' I go to the PC in the daycare building and move two of my pokes out of my party. I go and talk to the old woman. She said that the old man has an egg.

I though to myself, 'so, in the two minutes it took me to move my pokes, my ninetails and vulpix made an egg?' If I was Gold, I would wonder how I didn't notice.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I have 2 actually!

1) I was going to train my Totodile I got from Trade by challenging the Elite 4 with EXP Share and Siwtch Training, and i forgot about the rematch teams so when i saw Bronzong I was like: "WTFMY LV. 40 TEAM STANDS NO CHANCE AGAINTS THIS! (I mean Lv. 40, not 40's! exept Lugia 48!) but i managed to get to Karen and though, "Dang this is easy" Karen beat my whole team but i was ok with it.

2) I was walking in the grass going to the Pokemon Center when I ran out of Repels, Only like 3-4 steps and i make it out of the grass. I entered a battle and though "Oh come on!" and The music the different. It was Raikou! I was: "WTF RAIKOU! Now you come!!??!??!!!" I threw a Dusk ball and CAUGHT IT!!!! My feelings: "WHAT! I CAUGHT IT? IT WAS A JOKE!!". Well thats it , oh and Thortin and his 3 legends againts me!

Years
    I defeated Red with a level 65 Steelix and a level 60 Electivire
    I spammed double edge and only switched steelix out when he sent out blastoise and i 1-hitKO'ed it with thunderpunch

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
    These aren't really "WTF" moments but i'll share them
    It took 4 days to get my shiny Ho-oh through SR's. The next week I got Shiny Suicune in 12 SR's and was like: Ho-oh Y U No as Easy?! (Meme face and everything)

Then one day I practicing against E4 Round 2 and randomly beat them with my Gallade and Tyranitar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back