• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
  • The first time I challenged the e4 in HG, I didn't really expect to win. I was just doing it for the exp, and to "Scope out" the teams. To my surprise, I made it to lance with my team of lower 40s, upper 30s. At this point, I was thinking "Whoah, theres no way I can beat him... right???" I had like two full restores and 3 revives. Anyway, it was down to my horrendously underleveled feraligatr and gengar vs. his last poke, altaria. So altaria reeled back for the winning attack and used.... perish song. ^_^ I switched to my Gengar and it killed Altaria. YAAY MEEE

Do you mean the E4 Rematch? cuz lance doesn't have an Altaria the first time.

Years
  • This just happened to me.
    I'm in the sea raising my togepi and I come across a tentacool. Te only move that causes damage is shadow ball which had very low pp! So I put the foe to sleep and used shadow ball but I didn't have enough pp to kill him. tentacool managed to use mean look(or whatever stopped me rom escaping and switching out) so I'm stuck here waiting for tentacool to kill itself out of confusion! Talk about WTF!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Started my battle with Mewtwo... threw a Pokeball just for kicks... Caught it.
    LOLWTFMAAAAN
    .......................................................Ridonkulous.
    lol dude your lucky i average about an hour or more on that little f*** head of a pokemon hahahaha

Happy_Hereford

'Nicole da Silva' obsessed
    Years
  • A friend of mine was training my Quilava outside of Ecruteak City while I made lunch, and the screen flashes for a wild encounter, but the music is wrong.

IT WAS RAIKOU. I'd just released them from the tower too :/

My buddy threw an Ultra Ball, Raikou escaped, and ran off. :(

My other 'WTF' was seeing Wooper's backsprite for the first time. That look when it turns around, as if to say, "ohhh f**k".

Umbreon Bob

Da Trainer
    Years
  • My wtf moment was walking into the first batch of grass, and on the first step I run into Entei, ironically after just releasing the 3 dogs.

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    my wtf moment was about half way thru the game and i realized im drafted the worst starter of them all.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    breeding

my wtf moment was when i was trying to get a beldum with the nature and stuff i needed i was able to get a beldum from my pokewalker so i stuck it in daycare ho oh of a ditto to get an egg days later when i finally got a egg i did the marathon jount through goldenrod when it hatched and i got my beldum IT WAS SHINY but after that the 2 in day care kept poping them out none of them shiny thou so i have a box of beldums.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I managed to play for around a good 3 hours doing a lot of pkmn battles. Set my DS down to go do something else momentarily, so I shut the cap to put it in sleep mode. When I came back I instictively went for the power button and opened up the cap.

I was disappointed.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • This isn't necessarily in game, but...

I just brought a used copy of SoulSilver at GameStop. It had 2 Lugia's, 1 Giratina, 1 Ho-oh, and (drum roll please) Jirachi. WTF, man? Why give up a game with such a hard-to-get Pokemon in it?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I was trying to catch Articuno... I went through 30+ Ultra Balls, had him down to like 1 health, and it kept breaking out of the Ultra Balls. Came down to nothing but a Great Ball... I threw the Great Ball, held my breath... and caught it. o__O

Seriously? All it took was one Great Ball and yet the bird busted out of 30+ Ultra Balls? (most of them on the first shake or w/o shaking at all)? WTF?

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I was using my Lv18 Flaffy against the Rival in Azaela Town, and I had already defeated his Croconaw and Gastly, and was now against his Zubat. I was thinking that one Thundershock would kill it. But it lived with probably 1 HP left. It confused me, and I attacked myself for two turns. Finally, I was able to kill it. I was like WTF when that Zubat survived a Super-Effective ThunderShock.

That Zubat caused me more trouble than Croconaw...

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • hahaha, i was battling in a double battle, and accidently used earthquake, which doesn't affect either of my opponent's flying pokemon, and fainted my aggron
    that was definately a WTF moment !!

Years
  • I was really young when i first started playing pokemon, but i was pretty beast at it. I was really far through the Pokemon Crystal game and i was about to get my very last gym badge until i beat everyone. So i was bored one day and i wanted to see what it was like to play at the very beginning so i started over and i wasn't planning on saving it... but i accidently did. Dang instincts... I cried for about two days straight...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back