• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
Ok, so, I've been studying the Kalos map, and with the addition of Diagonal movement. I'm thinking that X and Y, might actually have a somewhat open world. While there are many obvious routes, there looks to be some areas with no shown route to them.
I do hope that what I think is real, because, even if not fully open, cause, that would utterly destroy the game. If it's more open than the predecessors, I would be so happy. Extra areas off the beaten path and all that.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
is it true that in Pokémon X & Y that if you set the game that you are at least a certain age, you will be able to start relationships with some of the characters using the stylus??? I hear about it from time to time on Facebook

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
There is going to be a Hoenn Remake/sequel. Apparently the new 70 pokemon we have aren't all the ones we will be getting. It seems they're 60 more new pokemon half are Evo to Hoenn/ Kanto/ johto pokemon and half belonging new that will be released via pokemon grey which will include a sevi island type area. Apparently you start off in that area and it will include 30-35 brand new pokemon. There will also be 3 gyms located there as well. They are the 1st and 2nd gym and the 8th.

The game be both a single third version and sequel

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There is going to be a Hoenn Remake/sequel. Apparently the new 70 pokemon we have aren't all the ones we will be getting. It seems they're 60 more new pokemon half are Evo to Hoenn/ Kanto/ johto pokemon and half belonging new that will be released via pokemon grey which will include a sevi island type area. Apparently you start off in that area and it will include 30-35 brand new pokemon. There will also be 3 gyms located there as well. They are the 1st and 2nd gym and the 8th.

The game be both a single third version and sequel
Are you making up fake rumors again? No one would know what's in the third version...also Pokemon Grey? That's a ball very few will see coming this generation.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Are you making up fake rumors again? No one would know what's in the third version...also Pokemon Grey? That's a ball very few will see coming this generation.

Of course not. Generations aren't going to take as long as they use to. Gen 6 will only be three and a half years long

XY fall 2013
RS remakes/ sequel fall 2014
3rd game spring of 2016

You'll understand why after playing XY.

Hint: in the games there is a statue of a very white pokemon

Last edited:

Years
Of course not. Generations aren't going to take as long as they use to. Gen 6 will only be three and a half years long

XY fall 2013
RS remakes/ sequel fall 2014
3rd game spring of 2016

You'll understand why after playing XY.

Hint: in the games there is a statue of a very white pokemon
Lol that's as long as Gen 3 and 4 lasted...except remakes were after the gap...so I'll place them in 2015.

I get your hint...

Anyways there's a rumor that there's a cave which may be home to a future event legendary.

Years
I STILL NEED mine answered!!! you guys just IGNORED mine and go about like mine didn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah sorry about that. I have heard anything about such a rumor so I don't know how to answer other than this way...

There's a rumor that the leaks we got were fakes...or at least the betas of the real games...

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I STILL NEED mine answered!!! you guys just IGNORED mine and go about like mine didn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you can. However it's not age locked. Now this isn't like rune factory where you can get married and have kids but you can get people to be your BF or GF. Some some of the benefits are that they can follow you and do double battles with you. You can even do double gym leader battles and the gym hang out they have. Also you can also do this with a lot of other NPC if you get your friendship high enough with them

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Just a Question for those who have read X Y story.
!WITHOUT!putting pictures or writing many stuff tell me if the story is good , bad or medicore and compare it to Black/White.
As i said not many stuff.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
I'm sorry but I really have to ask your opinion: do you trust on those leakers at /vp/? Because I've been following the thread for past two weeks or so since the first games were accidentally leaked and although some info seem rather true and accurate I have mixed feelings about them. For example, they have leaked info that the new Pokédex is divided into three parts and there would be only 70 new Pokémon (plus a lot of older ones and some Megas of course). Personally I feel like it doesn't make any sense that they create this awesome game, utilize 3D technology in it and won't give us than just 70 new ones. And not to forget there's been a rumor there would only be three catchable legendaries in X and Y and those being Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde (don't remember the name right). There's no legendary trio like in other generations, no event legendaries and for pseudo-legendary they gave us Goodra which seems to be pure Dragon-type and have rather poor stats making it on bar with Haxorus. Either GameFreak is totally trolling us or all those rumors are somewhat sketchy. What do you think? :/

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
For example, they have leaked info that the new Pokédex is divided into three parts and there would be only 70 new Pokémon (plus a lot of older ones and some Megas of course). Personally I feel like it doesn't make any sense that they create this awesome game, utilize 3D technology in it and won't give us than just 70 new ones.

There's no legendary trio like in other generations, no event legendaries and for pseudo-legendary they gave us Goodra which seems to be pure Dragon-type and have rather poor stats making it on bar with Haxorus. Either GameFreak is totally trolling us or all those rumors are somewhat sketchy. What do you think? :/

Well, to me it seems a little bit weird as well, and although we cant be 100% certain about any of the information until the games official release, i personally hace come to the conclusion that most of the leaks are probably true. 70 new pokemon really is a small number, but maybe it´s GF intention to focus more on the mega-evolutions or other aspects. If you think about it, this new Gen has a LOT of new stuff in store, so maybe this small number of new pokemon is GFs way of telling us they can make a really good and truly new and revolutionary pokemon game that does not only focus on including a 100 or more new pokes. And maybe we will get a bunch of cool new ones, and less forgetable pokemon that only serve as fillers. Sure, we the games come out we might find out there is actually a lot more new pokemon, but at this point, with all the stuff that has already been leaked, i really doubt that.

And yes, having only 3 main legendaries and no trio is out of place, but at the same time people have been complaining the newer games had too many legendaries and trios and stuff. Or maybe GF has an ace up their sleeve for a possible Z version? who knows

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
Well, to me it seems a little bit weird as well, and although we cant be 100% certain about any of the information until the games official release, i personally hace come to the conclusion that most of the leaks are probably true. 70 new pokemon really is a small number, but maybe it´s GF intention to focus more on the mega-evolutions or other aspects. If you think about it, this new Gen has a LOT of new stuff in store, so maybe this small number of new pokemon is GFs way of telling us they can make a really good and truly new and revolutionary pokemon game that does not only focus on including a 100 or more new pokes. And maybe we will get a bunch of cool new ones, and less forgetable pokemon that only serve as fillers. Sure, we the games come out we might find out there is actually a lot more new pokemon, but at this point, with all the stuff that has already been leaked, i really doubt that.

And yes, having only 3 main legendaries and no trio is out of place, but at the same time people have been complaining the newer games had too many legendaries and trios and stuff. Or maybe GF has an ace up their sleeve for a possible Z version? who knows

I'm not really sure. Don't get me wrong this is just my opinion but to me there doesn't seem to be all that much NEW stuff. The only new things are that you can change to certain degree your character's look by buying new clothes, you need PokéBank to transfer Pokémon from older generations and that the game is in 3D. All the other stuff is all normal that we've been seeing through generations such as new region, new professor, new rivals, new gyms and Elite Four etc. There may be some other new things I just have missed but those three that I mentioned seem the biggest to me atleast.

Oh yeah, and the whole Mega-evolution thing also is new.

But still, it just sounds really sketchy how there are only 70 new pokémon. I don't expect we to have like 150 or not even close to that but adding just 10 or 20 more would have made a big difference. And if you think about it, many of those new pokémon are Fairy-type and evolve only once. There's only two or three who evolve twice excluding the starters and the whole mono-typed pseudo-legendary thing going it's really... odd in my opinion. It may be that all those leaks are true but in my heart I truly wish that they aren't.

Plus yeah, I've never liked to have too many legendaries. For example I thought we had way too many legendaries in the last generation and even at the fourth one. But it just seems uncanny to change the pattern completely. During the last five generations we've still had a legendary trio so they could have atleast kept that going. I mean, I liked the first and second generation the most just for the fact that they had only five or six legendaries. That's a good number for the games but to reduce it so drastically to having only three.

And not to forget, someone posted a picture on the spoilers thread (the thread that focuses on discussing about /vp/ leaks) at page 121 if I remember correctly. The picture depicted a message from a person who obviously works at GameFreak or Nintendo saying all those leaks are false so not really sure anymore. This is so confusing at the moment and I'm terrifyingly waiting Saturday when I get my X-version finally and to see if all these things are real.

@_@ Starting to feel dizzy...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm not really sure. Don't get me wrong this is just my opinion but to me there doesn't seem to be all that much NEW stuff. The only new things are that you can change to certain degree your character's look by buying new clothes, you need PokéBank to transfer Pokémon from older generations and that the game is in 3D. All the other stuff is all normal that we've been seeing through generations such as new region, new professor, new rivals, new gyms and Elite Four etc. There may be some other new things I just have missed but those three that I mentioned seem the biggest to me atleast.

Oh yeah, and the whole Mega-evolution thing also is new.

But still, it just sounds really sketchy how there are only 70 new pokémon. I don't expect we to have like 150 or not even close to that but adding just 10 or 20 more would have made a big difference. And if you think about it, many of those new pokémon are Fairy-type and evolve only once. There's only two or three who evolve twice excluding the starters and the whole mono-typed pseudo-legendary thing going it's really... odd in my opinion. It may be that all those leaks are true but in my heart I truly wish that they aren't.

Plus yeah, I've never liked to have too many legendaries. For example I thought we had way too many legendaries in the last generation and even at the fourth one. But it just seems uncanny to change the pattern completely. During the last five generations we've still had a legendary trio so they could have atleast kept that going. I mean, I liked the first and second generation the most just for the fact that they had only five or six legendaries. That's a good number for the games but to reduce it so drastically to having only three.

And not to forget, someone posted a picture on the spoilers thread (the thread that focuses on discussing about /vp/ leaks) at page 121 if I remember correctly. The picture depicted a message from a person who obviously works at GameFreak or Nintendo saying all those leaks are false so not really sure anymore. This is so confusing at the moment and I'm terrifyingly waiting Saturday when I get my X-version finally and to see if all these things are real.

@_@ Starting to feel dizzy...

You are right about a lot of stuff, im not saying you are not. I actually share your opinion on many things, maybe i´ve just gotten over my inital dismay and come to terms with how things are going to be like in the new games. I especially agree on the whole pseudo-legendary and trio thing. It a drastic change from what we are used to, and i just dont see a reason for it. And now that you mention it, it´s true a lot of new pokemon are just fairy types, and the evolutionary families are really small this gen. I honestly expected more, and i´ve been waiting for a electric/fighting or electric/dark pokemon since Gen3...still nothing.

i haven´t seen the post you mentioned about someone from nintendo saying its all fake, but i sure would love to see it! If indeed this is true, i have to say i would be shocked and i had no clue what to expect on saturday. Also, what would it mean if the leaks so far have all been fake or, at least incomplete? Was this whole thing a strategy by nintendo to market their games and keep the best for the end when the games really come out? have there really been stores that sold the game early?

Sorry im starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this is all starting to make me dizzy as well

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Nov 13, 2014
well, IMO, only having 70 new pokemon, if its true, is OK with me. GF has chosen to put their efforts into the other aspects of the game, like 3D rendering of previous pokemon, new battle scenes and new cries for all pokemon. it would be nice if all the leaks were determined to be false, and there are many more pokemon, but im OK if they are true

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
well, IMO, only having 70 new pokemon, if its true, is OK with me. GF has chosen to put their efforts into the other aspects of the game, like 3D rendering of previous pokemon, new battle scenes and new cries for all pokemon. it would be nice if all the leaks were determined to be false, and there are many more pokemon, but im OK if they are true

All the other pokemon have there normal cries. I think only Pikachu has the new cry.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
You are right about a lot of stuff, im not saying you are not. I actually share your opinion on many things, maybe i´ve just gotten over my inital dismay and come to terms with how things are going to be like in the new games. I especially agree on the whole pseudo-legendary and trio thing. It a drastic change from what we are used to, and i just dont see a reason for it. And now that you mention it, it´s true a lot of new pokemon are just fairy types, and the evolutionary families are really small this gen. I honestly expected more, and i´ve been waiting for a electric/fighting or electric/dark pokemon since Gen3...still nothing.

i haven´t seen the post you mentioned about someone from nintendo saying its all fake, but i sure would love to see it! If indeed this is true, i have to say i would be shocked and i had no clue what to expect on saturday. Also, what would it mean if the leaks so far have all been fake or, at least incomplete? Was this whole thing a strategy by nintendo to market their games and keep the best for the end when the games really come out? have there really been stores that sold the game early?

Sorry im starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this is all starting to make me dizzy as well

I know more than well what you are meaning because at first I was like: "NO, what have you done GameFreak!" until I started to somewhat... come in terms with all those leaks. For example those starters that had so much potential being ruined by too much simplicity and having no details or not being cohesive at all began to look pretty regular. And in the end I was like: "Meh, I can live with it." But lately during the couple last days I've been starting to wonder all this. Breaking a single pattern is okay but breaking multiples is really odd. As I listed, there are way too many Fairy-type pokémon, short evolutionary lines (for example Littleo evolving straight to Pyroar?!) etc. It's like you'd give us a new Mario game and instead of Bowser kidnapping Princess Peach she kidnaps Bowser and suddenly Luigi is the main character. Like, doesn't make any sense to me.

The post was made by user theMichael93 on page 121. I'll post the link to the thread so you can go read it. I'm honestly not sure if it is just a hoax or if it is true but it totally caught my eye.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309301&page=121

Scroll down and you'll find it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Keep in mind that Mega evolutions still count as New Pokemon according to Gamefreak. So far with Mega Evolutions counted we have 90 new Pokemon with a few other possible hidden ones (Both Event Legends and they said that no all Mega Evolutions were available in the game so that means that some Mega Evolutions are event exclusive.)

As for that FB/Instagram message. Its fake. He stated no store had copies of X and Y by that time and my store had received our first shipment the Friday before that image/post was made. What we've seen leaked is pretty much all true. There are even some Youtube Lets Plays appearing for X and Y on private channels.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
Has it been confirmed whether you will be able to get another mega stone separate from the kanto starter you pick?
Someone said you could get another one later for 500k but is it for the one your kanto starter is strongest against or weak against?

Back