• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

theme decks (Korrina's Lucario)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
As a filthy casual, theme decks is something I like to make ... but it's not as easy to do as I thought.
So far the only thing I've been able to make that actually works is a lucario deck(now expanded) and the idea for it came from a deck I used from a friend.

The focus on it is basically: Korrina's Lucario. So everything in the deck had to be linked with either Korrina or Lucario. And tbh I kind of cheated in this deck cuz I didn't have enough cards that actually had that link. (deck got slightly adjusted with SuMo/mega box)

The decklist itself is fairly easy:
4x Lucario-ex 1x MLucario ex
4x Korrina
3x roller skates (I only have 3)(Korrina's almost always on skates)
2x judge (breakthrough one) (Korrina is a gym leader, so, judge for a match)
4x red card (do I have to explain this one XD)
3x muscle band (as lucario is a fighting pkmn this fits perfectly ... also still prefer this over choice band)
1x spirit link
then I normally used 4x fighting stadiums as stadiums but had to many problems against pkmn like carbink with its safeguard and people just stalling on that. All they did was just play that, nothing else and do nothing. So I was forced to play silent stadium instead.

And further more, the line started to stretch thinner and thinner of what actually fits with the idea of the deck.
4x crushing hammer and 2x enhanced hammer were still okay imo.
2x pokemon center lady ... still somewhat okay with the entire: you need to heal your pokemon after battling with them, thing.

But beyond that all other trainers were just ... well, good trainers rather than fitting ones.
trainers' mail, vs seeker, lysandre, etc.
total of 12 energy: 8 fighting and 4 strong energy. I just counted the pokemon I have in the deck and how many energy in total they need 4 pkmn x 3 energy needed for attack is 12 :D

And now I've been trying to build another deck in the same way (in what is now the standard rotation) but haven't really found anything as amazing as Korrina (with her Lucario) to even make a base.
Only thing that comes close is a water deck (any water deck) because of how many water "focused" trainers there are along with Misty's determination (that isn't really water focused but we all know her as the water gym leader).

In case you're curious this deck used to be amazing, still is even against new decks.
The friend who I've got the idea from, topped with it back when it was still standard.
Might seem like a wee amount of pokemon but at least we don't get stuck on Shaymin first turn (I'm now thinking of almost everyone who has played against me that runs shaymin ... cuz they always start with that thing XD)

Just something I wanted to get out of my system for some reason XD

Back