• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theory about the Pokemon Ash's comma theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I assume that everyone already know about this theory.
    if not:

https://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/1575631.html

"Ash has finally defeated the elite four, and one by one the people around him start disappearing. eventually everything is black. Pikachu comes dashing towards him glowing brighter and brighter in the darkness. Eventually Pikachu reaches ash and the two embrace one last time."

"Ash pushes forward towards his recovery. Going through physical therapy, training harder and harder with rehabilitative Pokémon, until he can walk on his own again. This time, an older and wiser ash sets out on a journey. Just like last time, he's late getting to Professor Oak's laboratory. And when there's only one Pokémon left....He suddenly recalls all his memories of his "life" and realizes that all his friends are gone forever."

Did someone ever thought why after posting this theory, the person who did it, suddenly vanished?
    I tried to find the person who wrote this but i didnt find anything. [maybe you know something about him?]...
    You need to be some sort of... a crazy genius to write somthing like this.... and the fact that this person is just disappeared make it more intresting.

What if it was published on purpose to get into all pokemon fans head? its sounds kinda sick, but its make sense why he made it.

The theroy explains a lot of things.
    And if ash will go back again to jhoto its just because he is not ready yet to woke up.
    Creepy.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • This person has far too much time.
    But this is an amazing idea. The amount of sense in it is pure genius.
    It's odd, I never really thought of it like that, it was always the Pokemon world, the way it worked, it never occurred to me that it could all be a figment of Ash's imagination. The best Pokemon theory out there by far.

What is even more surprising, I read the entire thing. I thought I would get bored and stop, but I didn't. It's very interesting. Very interesting indeed.

aipom man

the aipom and ambipom master
    Years
  • thats creepy in three ways
    1. that he wrote all that
    2. that he is missing
    3. that he thinks that much XD
    i mean if i was gay and in a coma u can do anything you want right id make out with guys all the time i think that guy though more than the writer for the anime do u think that they kidnapped him ~dat is CREEEPY~

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    This is retarded. How is it in any way a "theory"? It's just someone's lame, half-assed attempt at explaining something fictional, and which doesn't need explanation for that exact reason.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Give it up Ash, there is no fork.

But seriously, that post has given me ALOT to think about. Perhaps Ash's world isn't actual Pokémon cannon, but his own subspace created in order to preserve his mind. Maybe somewhere in the main series, Ash is lying in a hospital, taking a copy of the pokémon universe and shaping it to his liking...*shiver* this topic is creepy, and sort of reminds me of a combo of The Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, The Matrix, and Mother 3.

Ash is basically the controller of his own virtual universe, though he doesn't even know it, and almost everything he knows of is just a dream, and not only that, but he cannot be killed within his own said world, which explains how he can survive all those attacks to him including Mewtwo's Hyper Beam.

Maybe in the next generation, a character get's trapped into Ash's World, and has to fight their way out of it to the point to where they have to face the many characters representing Ash's split personalities, until they make it to the final boss, Ash, who at this point his mind has made him into the ultimate Pokémon Master in order to combat the character and make sure Ash never wakes up in a desperate last effort for self-preservation (like the nightmare form Link's Awakening). When defeated, Ash's comes to realization about everything and wants to wake up so that he can make his dreams truly happen (like that mismangius episode, only more epic) sundering his universe, but he knows that he shall always remember everything in his heart.

*cringe*

Of course, this is all just some bizarre theory, thank goodness...Still though...I also noticed that Porygon has only appeared a few times in the anime, so to Ash, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z might not exist. If that is so, I can only imagine how Ash manages to live in such a twisted plane of the Pokémon World.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's a very detailed explanation but we can't know for sure until Pokemon ends.I would like the think the creator of Pokemon wrote it but if it were him,we would know,seeing as he's pretty well known for the show.But if Pokemon were to ever sell out and go out of production...I would want this to be the ending.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • There were many holes in that theory, but some of it is fairly believable and I may even agree with it. However, the person who wrote this theory himself has some issues to deal with, as it takes someone with real issues with their sexuality, and even their own outlook on life, to come pick at a cartoon character's life aspects, problems, and general grip on reality. The issue of sexuality came up WAY too much, as if he were focused on it, and felt that it needed to be emphasized, so that other's may think more on Ash hiding in the closet, and not focus on his own.

Plus, he had WAY too much time on his hands. I mean, I can understand coming up with a small general theory, but going into it that far, I would almost bet that he even went through and re-watched almost every episode. Seriously dude, get a life, and stop reading so deeply into things.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • So have Ash wake up and all of the pokemon world to be a dream because he was in a comma? If that were how it was to end that would probably be the biggest disappointment for me and I'd probably be crushed over that lol. This is way to far in depth for a show like this. This is how people could understand and look at as they grow to an older age such as all of us here. But isn't the show aimed at kids? I don't think they'd understand. It is a simple show for them. Sure, I believe all ages can be able to enjoy as I am one of them, but someone took and thought this way too much. Why was Ash able to survive all the attacks on him? Well it's a cartoon of course. I just don't see the show ending this way. That whole thing did make sense, but I doubt that would be initiated in with the anime itself. If it was a dream, it would have been a lot different. They would not have had those episodes where it barley had Ash in it, or showed a different characters POV. If it was Ash's dream, it would be Ash's point of view all the time. Otherwise, should he know what the others were thinking? Meh, I don't know why I am getting so worked up because it is only a THEORY. I am sure a lot of people had theories for every other anime/show as well that made sense. However, I just don't see Pokemon ending like that or even getting into that. All the homosexual things about Ash are ridiculous, just because he hasn't gotten into a relationship yet doesn't mean that at all. He is still young! People who have said he hasn't aged, you can tell he has when his voice gets deeper, you can tell he is aging and going through puberty. What I didn't like was they used the lightning incident and from there, they just connected all the characters and such. It was very good logic, but none of it is true, I cannot believe any of it. My main question is, if Ash got struck by lightning while he was with Pikachu, and after he stole Misty's bike, why would he go get another pokemon if he already had Pikachu and wouldn't Misty have already been introduced?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    There were many holes in that theory, but some of it is fairly believable and I may even agree with it. However, the person who wrote this theory himself has some issues to deal with, as it takes someone with real issues with their sexuality, and even their own outlook on life, to come pick at a cartoon character's life aspects, problems, and general grip on reality. The issue of sexuality came up WAY too much, as if he were focused on it, and felt that it needed to be emphasized, so that other's may think more on Ash hiding in the closet, and not focus on his own.

Plus, he had WAY too much time on his hands. I mean, I can understand coming up with a small general theory, but going into it that far, I would almost bet that he even went through and re-watched almost every episode. Seriously dude, get a life, and stop reading so deeply into things.
    You've obviously never watched Neon Genesis Evangelion then.

Ayselipera

First of all the newer episodes haven't been as good, well because thats what happens when a show runs its course. You run out of ideas and new material and the fact that the show appeals to a young audience means they don't have to add too much depth to it.

Every town has a Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny because its easy to do. Why make a new character everytime the anime heads to a new town. Just keep using the same characters thats logical and simple.

He hasn't changed much physically because its a little kid show. Characters seldom show aging.

Also none of the characters are aspects of him. There just characters. Like any other show there are characters in it who all have different qualities.

The narrator just tells you whats going in the series. My I remind you this is a show that is mostly for a young audience who have short attention spans. They need to be reminded what is going on. Its not Ash's "higher mind."

I honestly can't read anymore because this is overflowing with crap. You could honestly say these things about any show. Every show has a character with other character friends and they face challenges. Honestly the person who wrote this probably dissappeared because they realised that what they wrote was beyond stupid and didn't want people tracking them down to tell them about it.

Years
  • In response to the question about the person "disappearing", they probably just got tired of the intertubes. And ShadowLeader, I think you're right about the person coming up with this theory as a coping mechanism for their life problems, I know that I've written metaphor-heavy stories to cope with my problems before.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    In response to the question about the person "disappearing", they probably just got tired of the intertubes. And ShadowLeader, I think you're right about the person coming up with this theory as a coping mechanism for their life problems, I know that I've written metaphor-heavy stories to cope with my problems before.
    Nah, actually you're both clearly too unintellectual to grasp that maybe such reading into art is a standard of our society. Otherwise you're probably a Scientologist-to-be if you think it's them coping with their own problems.

Skullking17

Trainer
    Years
  • I think the person who came up with this theory was a drug addict/dealer. He got caught and sent to jail. He wrote this theory on the wall in his cell. The guard found it and posted it on that website. Anyone can come up with some kinda theory I could say that ash was knocked out in a fight and dreamed about pokemon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    This article is brilliant, I don't think there is anything I can catch it out on (I thought I had something with Mr Mime, but to no avail). Every point has so much detail and it actually makes sense! (Or I'm descending into madness - again).

All the people shouting 'This is Crap!' etc. o.O Why? Its simply an idea, leave it alone.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Ha. If this is what really happened, it would make some people become confused, as a childs show has suddenly become deep, and creepy in a sense.
    I want it to end like this, I think it would make a lovely twist.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • You've obviously never watched Neon Genesis Evangelion then.

Nope. I have never even heard about it.

Nah, actually you're both clearly too unintellectual to grasp that maybe such reading into art is a standard of our society. Otherwise you're probably a Scientologist-to-be if you think it's them coping with their own problems.

Congratulations, you are doing the same thing we were: picking at someone's theory, another standard in our society. Perhaps it is you who are too unintellectual to grasp this standard?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back