• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things Pokefans say that annoys you

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    um... ditto? o.o?
    Ditto makes an egg of anything so yeah...

I can't find any other explanation so... *nods*

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
    I will tell you what annoys me the most,

Whatever I see on a guide or a website or ANYTHING that says:

all 150 Pokemon!
    Those people are so stupid! It's just a way to grab your attention!
    And there are 1100+ Pokemon, why don't they just use their microscopic brains???!!!

Daegon

Friend of all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    Pokefans boasting about their pokemon's levels.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    um... ditto? o.o?
    Ditto makes an egg of anything so yeah...

I can't find any other explanation so... *nods*

Yeah, that's how you make more, but where did people get them in the wild? How could a species of animal evolve to be all male? I have my own theories to this, but it's not on topic.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Iveechan said:
    Actually, Hitmonchan are always male. Kind of stupid, makes you wonder where Tyrogue and the gang originated from.
    Maybe with some Machamps...oh no! The Pokemon breed always follow the mum's side!

That's intersting...Are there THAT many Dittos near where Hitmonchans live?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Jirachi said:
    I will tell you what annoys me the most,

Whatever I see on a guide or a website or ANYTHING that says:

Those people are so stupid! It's just a way to grab your attention!
    And there are 1100+ Pokemon, why don't they just use their microscopic brains???!!!
    Did ya check how old was the guide/website? Or when it was last updated? :P

Here's another annoying thing Pok?fans say. It was the prime of the Pok?mon era *them good ol red/blue/yellow/*i wish it was here*green days* when some kid saw me battle an Oddish in Yellow, his friend said "Hey look, his fighting an Oddish!" Then the other kid said "NO! His killing a Dark Oddish!!" With that, I kindly walked away. Oddish's pic does uses mostly black, that could be understandable, but still, there's no Dark or Light Pok?mon in the game. There's a Dark type now, and Dark and Light Pok?mon are in the TCG. Also the term killing, that's a little to gory for me. O_o

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    who hasn't used the word killing instead of fainting before? Sometimes I feel kinda awkward using the word "faint" to describe a beaten pok?mon, so I just say "lost the battle" instead...

Like most people already stated in this thread, seeing, "______ is the best pok?mon ever!" is really annoying. Especially when the _____ is occupied by something like Charizard, Mewtwo, Mew, Blaziken, Pikachu, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi. Those pok?mo are all certainly strong, but they can all be easily beaten by the correct pok?mon. That's why I've always steered away from those archetypical pok?mon and showed preference for the ones pok?mon strategists call annoyers. Like Crobat.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    tmbjr said:
    who hasn't used the word killing instead of fainting before? Sometimes I feel kinda awkward using the word "faint" to describe a beaten pok?mon, so I just say "lost the battle" instead...

Like most people already stated in this thread, seeing, "______ is the best pok?mon ever!" is really annoying. Especially when the _____ is occupied by something like Charizard, Mewtwo, Mew, Blaziken, Pikachu, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi. Those pok?mo are all certainly strong, but they can all be easily beaten by the correct pok?mon. That's why I've always steered away from those archetypical pok?mon and showed preference for the ones pok?mon strategists call annoyers. Like Crobat.
    That's the MAJOR problem in Hong Kong!
    EVERYONE says that "Arrr!! My ____ died!" "Ha ha! I killed your {_____"
    Because we have no Cantonese version!
    People don't understand Japanese very well, and think that English is unbelievable!
    (The word Hinshi, which means fainted, cannot be found in any Japanese-Cantonese dictionaries! Because it is not a present tense.)

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    I can't stand it when people with higher level Pokemon are all "I am such a better trainer than you cuz my Pokemon are at a higher level!" Just because your Pokemon are higher leveled doesn't mean I can't whoop your butt!! Type Advantage anyone!?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Oh, what crab!

They think that higher level is the only way to win? Strategy is important too! Fools!

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
    Years
    Here's another one I've just thought up:

All Pok?mon fans are supposed to like Pikachu!
    Somebody down at another forum had mentioned it, so I thought I've decided to bring it up. Sure, Pikachu may be popular but that doesn't mean everybody had to like it. In fact, there are some Pok?mon fans who hated it SO MUCH!!

Da_Green_Teddy

Emerald Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 11, 2004
    My friend always brags "I've got all ash's pokemon in my team, so i could beat you any time cause that means i'm as strong as ash so i could win any battle!" I absolutely hate ash, so i get so fed up when he says that GRRR!!!!

Purple Insanity

Teh one and only!
    Years
    One of the things that annoy me most is probably when people go like this...

[notmeanttoberealspam]OMG!! LYKE, [insert pokemon of high value] is lyke, sooo kewl and can beat anyone cuz it's soo kewl[/endspam]

Of course, i think we all said that. BTW, with the 'Gardevoir being a girl' thing? Actually, Gardevoir is based on a knight, who are..well...mainly males. They only made it female because of breeding.[/endinfo]

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Lady Machoke said:
    Here's another one I've just thought up:

All Pok?mon fans are supposed to like Pikachu!
    Somebody down at another forum had mentioned it, so I thought I've decided to bring it up. Sure, Pikachu may be popular but that doesn't mean everybody had to like it. In fact, there are some Pok?mon fans who hated it SO MUCH!!
    I definately HATE Pikachu!!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Me too!

I think ppl here hate Pikachu just because we don't understand why it has the priviledge of being the main character!

Pokemon is NOT supposed to have a fixed main character!
    Traditionally, the main character is YOU yourself, and your favourite Pokemon!

Seoul

diiirr!
    Years
    the RS gen just.. annoys me a bit.. since Im not too intimate with them for one, and I dislike random weirdness. I enjoy the first original gen. they were rather animaly like.. and uhm.. i donmt know what that does with anything. q:

yes. the 'hitmonlee is beetr thn chan' thing is annoying. It really bothered me when formal game websites and mags always stated that hitmonchan evolved from hitmonlee. And then theres the kiddies assumption of the same thing. My friend told me that he always chose hitmonlee for it was mott to choose chan for the lee would just evolve into it anyways. Both pokes come at Lv:30.. so it would be a bit moot for the lee to be a pre of chan.. for as soon as it levels up it becomes the chan.. for the chan is already evoled so the lv of evolution must be lower... blahblhablahhsdhf

I have never known any poke-poop-peoples in life really.. only the typical hoard of 8-11 year olds in the toy isle echoing 'pika pika chuuu!'... ugh. reminds me of when me and the previously mentioned friend went to the theaters to watch the first poke movie. ofcourse, we were the only non-parent-hugged people in the room, and were surrounded by 2-10 year olds. 'squirtle' pikachu' bulbasaur' pikachu' charmander' pikachu' murmred through the crowd.. the odd kid made a stupidly loud noise.
    the pikachu vacation short movie faded onto the screen, opening with pikas face.. and the entire room lit up in a cacophany of "PPIKACHU PIKA PIKACHUUUU Its pikachu Look.. Pikachuuu!11' I endured over a minute of pike exclamations and high pitched calls exploding from all corners.. We were effing surrounded. O__o

arg.. everything is pikachu.
    "charizard is teh strongest most awsomest card/pokemon"
    "no articuno is"
    Pika this pika that.. eevveeveeeee
    sigh..

in contrast, i was being strange and hyperish when we went to see the second movie. I clapped as soon as the nintendo logo came up, commented on how great that was, sighed, and motioned to get up and leave. ^__^

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    I heard that when the first Pokemon was shown, some parents tried to leave after the Pikachu short but their *slightly* smarter children told them that it wasn't the whole movie. Idiots. Yes, the theatre makes you pay 8 bucks to see a 10 minute movie. I think when you have children, your IQ goes down several notches with labor pains. Fathers experience it too, their wives' screams cause their brain cells to pop.

Great, now you made me go off topic. Um... I hate it when the Hitmon are mixed up like saying that Hitmonchan evolves from Tyrogue with attack is higher than Defense but that's Hitmonlee. I'm just a Hitmon nerd. And I hate that rumor about Ralts only appearing if your Pokemon likes you because it's not true and is kind of silly.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Well my friends met a few Ralts in the first hour she played the game! XD

The cartoon series and movie are kind of silly, I think. I just don't like cartoon and movie.

Back