• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Things that make me mad about this game

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
Years
  • They need the E4 to go up to 86, not 66, so the gyms could be more spaced out. Also i agree.. if you want to catch a.. Starly in this case, later in the game i think its dumb to have a staravia catchable in the wild.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • the only thing that really gets me about D/P is just that its so repetitive. at least with emerald you got the battle island to go to and beat the Brains. here, you get the tycoon >.> i still haven't gotten to the part where he brings in legendaries.

other than that, the game truly shines in WIFI. although it may not work a few times, its the best entertainment for now. so many forums have been created to take advantage of the WIFI, and well, here we are.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • They need the E4 to go up to 86, not 66, so the gyms could be more spaced out. Also i agree.. if you want to catch a.. Starly in this case, later in the game i think its dumb to have a staravia catchable in the wild.

Oh yeah, that was pretty much the only thing I liked about FrLg, they need to bring that back in Platinum. *goes to add that to list of pet peeves*

Years
  • The limitless bag would work better if they made more pockets. Of course, if they did then we'd all be complaining about too many pockets make for slower item accessibility. Perhaps sub-pockets accessible through the main ones would work better?

Personally, I like the bag because I've always hated storing items on the PC. Things that bother me include the following (and possibly others I didn't think of at the time of writing):
    1. The less-than-originality of the town names. Come on, Sandgem Town? Hearthome City? Twinleaf? Snowpoint? Sunyshore? I hate the random compound words for names; this goes for the 3rd gen. as well. I liked it much better when they were colors or plants. If compound words is the new thing, then they shouldn't make the combined words that obvious (Mauville and Canalave were alright.)
    2. I don't like the way that the number of pokemon displayed when saving is the number of pokemon seen, not caught. I always put a higher value on the caught number; "seeing" them all is rather unimpressive to me.
    3. Really, really, really, really, really slow Surfing. Seriously, why can't surfing be at running speed? I never liked sea routes, but now I hate them even more.
    4. Making Poffins. It's a chore; at least with Pokeblocks you could do it fairly quickly and I liked the timing game involved. Stirring and then randomly having to stir in the opposite direction is just a pain. Plus, I hate the overflowing.
    5. Surf. Again. Was it really necessary to make it hit your own teammate? Surf was bad enough in double battles as it was. The only way I can see it being useful is if your ally has Water Absorb (and I've never trained a pokemon other than Vaporeon that does)

That's all for now; I'm sure I'll think of a few others later.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
  • To be honest, I really didn't like the graphics. They just seemed way too kiddy like. Maybe I'm too used to the old graphics or maybe the DS just has that effect. As for the gyms, the easier the better for me lol. Not really bothered by anything else.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I think the graphics are improving every time and I love it.

When I first saw the big change in battle animations in G/S, I was like, wow, it looks so comical (when I kept using Metronome for attacks).

What I don't like, is that I use Hi Jump Kick, but I miss, yet the other Pokemon uses Hi Jump Kick, and it hits and faints my Pokemon in one shot. Even when I'm at a higher level. It's so annoying.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
  • Always a problem lol. I guess it's great that they up'd the graphics, but I don't know just my opinion. Hate when games turn "too" childish.

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    I agree that makes no sense your a noob and catch a pokemon then evolve it after hours of work. Then at the next gym you realize that you could have just walked a little and caught it two levels lower then you made it...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Another thing I didn't like....why did they get rid of the Items PC?? It was one of my most useful things on a PC. Stash stuff in there you don't need, make your bag more organized and clean. It's a mess with the stuff I have now.

Back