• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    As a color grey is spelled wrong. With the capital it is correct, for some reason. Spell check is weird.

I get them mixed up but I heard that we use Gray in America, not Grey. I believe that's British or something. Kinda like Color and Colour.

I think it will be Pokemon Clear version.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Grey seems far too obvious. It'll be something random like Maroon... or maybe not even a color.

Heck, there might not even be a third version.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Gray! ...Or Rainbow?
    As long as it's not something off, it should be just fine.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i really hope its not grey, it sounds dull. as twilight sky said, its hard to speculate about with the little evidence we have. i mean we dont even know what black and white is.

Years
    i like the sound of what someone on here said...
    Pokemon Chrome...

It sounds a lot less dull than Grey and is still in contrast to Black & White

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    since these arent remakes they might most probably make a 3rd game, my hunch on the name is pokemon dusk, but i m really hoping for the first time, that the third one will be on thw wii, although its close to an impossible event :P

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    twighlight or chrome would b pretty cool, but grey does kinda fit into the slot :/ wich is bad because its true, it does sound dull

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Chrome sounds great! Though, I'm pretty sure it'll be nothing to do with grey. Probably Pokemon Violet or Tropical or something :P We just need to see the Rayquaza/Girantina of this Black&White to decide :P

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Obviously going to be Gray, because if you mix Black and White what will you get?

That's right, Gray.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Well, it could be Rainbow. Because black anld white are usually considered seperate to colours. So then it would be like 'Black, white and colour!'

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I get them mixed up but I heard that we use Gray in America, not Grey. I believe that's British or something. Kinda like Color and Colour.
    I think Americans tend to use "gray" when referencing the color and "grey" as an adjective. Think about it too much and then the word just loses its meaning once you say it too much. gray gray gray gray gray

My money's on the third one, if they release it, being released as Gray...I originally thought maybe "Silver" but remembered that there already was a Silver. It seems like they name the third off of whatever Pokémon it revolves around as well as the theme to the previous two...Yellow = Pikachu, Emerald = Rayquaza, etc.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It doesn't necessarily have to be gray. I remember running past a PC forum a few days ago from like August '07 and they were speculating about what the 3rd installment of D&P were gonna be. I heard all weird things like Opal, Amethyst, Pyrite, and so on. No one would have guessed that it would have been platinum! Besides, gray is such a dull shade. They may use another gemstone or a color, maybe something totally different. We definitely won't know for like another 2 years.

Yeah the games new names might be changed to Dusk & Dawn, other names ight offend people, so the third game could be Twilight

I don't like that name. Dusk and Dawn could be used but then remember there Digimon games named Digimon World Dusk and DW Dawn. Twilight.....that just doesn't sound like a good name for a pokemon game to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, "Red/Green -> Blue" makes sense. Even "Ruby/Sapphire -> Emerald" makes sense. However, I REALLY think that Crystal and Platinum should have had their names switched. I mean, look: "Gold/Silver -> Platinum" | "Diamond/Pearl -> Crystal". As someone who started with Pokemon a year ago, that confused me for the longest time.

So Gray would make sense, but we are only 50/50 on names that make sense at this point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back