• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Third Wheels

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Third Wheels
    Third Wheels
    Third Wheels
    Third Wheels

Third Game Characters

In Pokemon Special, the arcs follow the games in name, but not quite in plot. This is where these previously unheard-of third characters come in. They fill that third game protagonist spot, sometimes appearing as an alternate gender protagonist in the games, sometimes not at all.

-Do you like the usage of protagonists that aren't in the games? Do you think it makes you want to read that arc due to its novelty, or does it push you away since you're not familiar with them?

-Which third wheel is your favorite?

-Do you generally enjoy third game arcs or not?

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    A few questions:

1) If you're talking about characters that aren't in the games, then why is Kris and Platinum on there?

2) If you're talking about third version characters, then why is Yellow (Yellow was the fourth game and Green technically wasn't in the games at that point) and Platinum (who, while being named after the third game, was around since the beginning of the Diamond & Pearl chapter?) there?

Ok, my answers.

1) I couldn't care less if they were in the games or not. I'll read the story.

2) ....Uh...Emerald?

3) Well.............technically, there are only two third game based chapters that are separate from the main ones..., the Emerald and Platinum chapters......

But you could consider the Yellow chapter one as well.

And yes, I do enjoy them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm talking about third game characters, not ones necessarily non-existent in the games. Yellow was the third game for all intents and purposes. Platina was around since the DP chapter but she's a third game character because...her name is Platina. Platinum is the third game. Don't read so much into it o_O

Last edited:
    Back