• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is ridiculous...

R a i n n s a n雨

デンリュウ
Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Mods are like...

"Oh this belongs here!"

And then close the topic. Can't you just move the topic? And when I try and ask things they get deleted sometimes and I don't get an answer.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Most moderators have different 'styles' of modding their section. You can't expect everyone to do the exact same thing. In most cases, many of them won't move the thread to the proper section due to the fact that they feel that it won't be up to standards or need to be moved as it may have been already asked.

I really can't speak for anyone else, but that's just what I do. If someone posts something in Other Entertainment and it doesn't belong there, in most cases I'll move it and keep a redirect to the proper section for one month at the Other Entertainment forum. That way, if you still think it's located at Other Entertainment, you can still find it there. Regardless, if I feel that a thread doesn't suit Other Entertainment, but I don't feel comfortable moving it to another section that it does belong to, I just lock it regardless.

I'm just assuming that they didn't move the thread due to the fact that it was probably already asked by someone else and you didn't bother to search it, or due to the fact that they didn't feel comfortable moving it to the proper section due to a posting standards reason.

I searched your posts and I can see what you're talking about. Half of the threads that are locked don't even have any reasoning behind it, which would be good to have so you know why your thread isn't open for discussion anymore. But, it's not my job to criticize that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Well, we can take a look at your old threads.

This was a short thread anyway. Usually with threads such as this that are less than about 50 words and have no work in them, they just get locked and the member is redirected.

And this is not up to standards in any section-- this is information that you can easily obtain yourself.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Mods are like...

"Oh this belongs here!"

And then close the topic. Can't you just move the topic? And when I try and ask things they get deleted sometimes and I don't get an answer.

I agree with this. RelicNews (another gaming forum) don't move threads, but point you to the right place and lock it. It's not fair, and at RN, if you post in the wrong place, you get warned. What happens here?

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I agree with this. RelicNews (another gaming forum) don't move threads, but point you to the right place and lock it. It's not fair, and at RN, if you post in the wrong place, you get warned. What happens here?
    I don't think you're ever warned here for posting in the wrong section, unless it's intentional SPAM. And obviously there is a difference between making a mistake and intentionally posting something in the wrong section.

As in, you're just redirected. I don't think it's a big deal if a moderator locks a thread instead of moving it, assuming they redirect you and you can just copy-paste the info from the old thread to the new one.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If a thread isn't appropriate for the forum and belongs elsewhere, the thread is moved; that's standard procedure that all staff are to follow. However, there may be cases where a thread is too narrow to be suited to a thread, often because there's already a thread for the kind of discussion wanted, or it doesn't belong anywhere.

Also, if a moderator deletes any of your posts, they may leave a reason why, but otherwise you do have the right to (politely) ask why. If a moderator's decision or attitude is something you really disagree with, you're well within your rights to complain to a higher staff member.

This explains most of it. Also sometimes they close it for very specific reasons. For example if you made a thread in the DPPT section asking how do you hatch eggs, and it gets answered then a moderator or whoever else of the staff closes it, it is mostly because it belonged in the Quick Questions and Answers sticky and since it already got answered they could just go ahead and close it.

Back