• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen this is wacky

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    i was play pokemon yellow for nostalgic purposes the other day and something really weird happened. My pikachu evolved by leveling up, i didn't use a stone, it was crazy.

I'm thinking it had something to do with the game being old or something, idk
    but has anybody else had any zanny mishaps with the color/metal gen games?

mattc41

Delibird Pwns u
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    have you ever traded pikachu to another game? i think it evolves if you trade it then trade it back

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Only way you can get pikachu to evolve in Yellow is by trading it to another version and then using a thunderstone on it before trading it back. I have no idea how you got yours to evolve by leveling... >.>

What level was it at when it evolved?

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    lol that is strange... It reminds me of another glitch. i was playing Red when i saw Pidgey with a messed up sprite. it looked misgino like, but it wasn't bad or have weird moves. i catch it then it's sprite went back to normal.

Iced

Aspiration
    Years
    I forgot the explanation for it but sometimes a Pikachu can evolve at level 29 due to the index number of certain factors that affect evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    ive never owned a game shark so i have no idea how it happened,
    im pretty sure i didn't have a growlithe in my party either

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    If it was used, someone else may have used a gameshark and messed up your game a little.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In my original Yellow version, my Metapod didn't evolve until Level 11. When it reach level 10, no message appeared at all that it was trying to evolve AT ALL.

This was back in 1999, a day after I bought my Yellow brand new at a department store.

I knew from playing a friend's Blue version that Metapod evolved at Level 10, and I was really confused and annoyed that my Butterfree didn't learn Confusion because of the incident.

Butterfree still ended up on final team of six(Something that very few people do), and by the time I reached the E4 it knew Psybeam, so all was well.

Back