• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

this list has a greatly dodgeing Muk, fear it please...

it_landry

Trainer of Water
    Years
    yes, like it said, my Muk takes a lot to hit... but anyway, i want your oppinion on this IG team for my fire red... plus, they are not holding any items, mainly cause i don't want them to...

'Muk'
    Muk
    Trait: Stench
    Nature: Hardy
    Toxic
    Brick Break
    Hyper Beam
    Sludge Bomb

'Apperition'
    Gengar
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Naughty
    Psychic
    Destiny Bond
    Shadow Ball
    Shadow Punch

'Fox Fire'
    Ninetales
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Nature: Timid
    Fire Spin
    Confuse Ray
    Will-O-Wisp
    Flamthrower

'Elec-Punch'
    Electabuzz
    Trait: Static
    Nature: Modest
    Strentgh
    Brick Break
    Thunderbolt
    Thunderpunch

'Snow Ball'
    Glalie
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Nature: Lax
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Hyper Beam
    Water Pulse

'Leafy Wind'
    Grovyle
    Trait: Overgrow
    Strength
    Solarbeam
    Aerial Ace
    Leaf Blade

oh yeah, also, what would you recomend i replace my Gengar's Shadow Punch with?

Years
    Help

(Grovyle) and (Electabuzz)
    It is never good to use HMs on your party Pokemon because they can be replaced with better move but you used the same HM twice on two different Pokemon. I would recommend that you get rid of one HM or better yet both.

(Glalie) and (Muk)
    Hyper beam is a two turn move and although Hyper Beam is powerful you need time to recharge afterwards thus allowing your opponents to hit you. I would replace it with a better move such as Hail (Glalie) or Body Slam or Slam (Muk).

Also where Are The Grass Moves On Your Grovlye? Leaf Blade is a good move for any grass type to have.

Lastly, as for your Gengar a Poison move would be good.

These are just my opinions so I wouldn't worry about them too much.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I would replace it with a better move such as Hail (Glalie)

I was about to finish reading the post and take it seriously until I saw that part.

it_landy said:
    yes, like it said, my Muk takes a lot to hit... but anyway, i want your oppinion on this IG team for my fire red... plus, they are not holding any items, mainly cause i don't want them to...

'Muk'
    Muk
    Trait: Stench
    Explosion
    Brick Break
    Fire Blast/Shadow Punch
    Sludge Bomb

I would recommend Curse, but I doubt you're one who likes to take time to breed for it. Fire Blast is a bit more like a Filler, and though Shadow Punch is "bleh" (lack of a better word), its like the only real alternative since you probably don't have a BAse 70 Power HP Ghost. You can also try Substitute and Focus Punch over the 2nd and 3rd slots

'Apperition'
    Gengar
    Hypnosis / Substitute Giga Drain
    Destiny Bond / Explosion
    Shadow Ball / Ice Punch
    Thunder / Thunderbolt

Though Shadow Ball looks decent being a STABed move and all, Gengar's low base Attack doesn't warrant consistent use of it. Try not to use two offensive moves of the same type btw.

'Fox Fire'
    Ninetales
    Grudge
    Confuse Ray
    Will-O-Wisp
    Flamthrower

I fell in love when I saw that it was Timid Natured.

'Elec-Punch'
    Electabuzz
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break / Cross Chop / Focus Punch
    Thunderbolt
    Substitute

HMs not named "Surf" aren't great for an overall moveset. Just get an extra pokemon or two to learn certain HM moves. Once again, keep away from using two offensive moves of the same type. If you really want a Fighting move, I'd suggest breeding for Cross Chop (as well as a nature that doesnt reduce your Attack

'Snow Ball'
    Glalie
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Water Pulse / Crunch

Water Pulse isn't that great of a move, but unless you have XD, that's probably one of your (better?) options.

'Leafy Wind'
    Grovyle
    Substitute
    Thunderpunch
    Leech Seed / Crunch
    Leaf Blade

Leech Seed and Crunch are bred moves.

I strongly recommend you start breeding for certain moves/natures, as well as save up some Battle Points (or let your friend(s) do so) in Emerald Version's Battle Frontier.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ruby, don't quote the entire post if you aren't gonna change anything about. It's really annoying and causes unnessecary scrolling.

'Muk'
    Muk
    -Focus Punch
    -Substitute
    -Fire Blast

-Sludge Bomb

Sludge Bomb is obvious, Fire Blast for Steels, SubPunching is also effective against them.

'Apperition'
    Gengar
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hypnosis/Will-o-wisp/Giga Drain
    -Fire Punch/Explosion/Destiny Bond

Thunderbolt is a given since it's basically the strongest move Gengar learns. If you have Emerald, you could teach it Ice Punch, which is its second best move for covering all the types that Thunderbolt isn't effective against.
    Giga Drain for Swampert, Fire Punch for Metagross/Magneton, Pick a status. Hypnosis is very useful, but its low accuracy is a shame. Will-o-wisp cripples physical attackers. You can also choose a suicide move if you want.

'Fox Fire'
    Ninetales
    Confuse Ray
    Will-O-Wisp
    Flamthrower
    -Grudge

Flamethrower and WoW are good, Confuse Ray is okay, but Fire Spin is just lame because your opponent never switches anyways. Grudge for an actually useful move.

'Elec-Punch'
    Electabuzz
    -Thunderbolt
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Ice Punch

Ice Punch is a great gift for Electabuzz, letting it actually hit Ground types supereffectively. Get it by breeding with Hitmonchan or using an Emerald Move tutor. Focus Punch takes care of special walls like Blissey and Snorlax who otherwise soak up your special attacks. It's twice as strong as Brick Break and more effective than Cross Chop, although Cross Chop is another option if you don't mind chain breeding from Machamp (since Muk is also SubPunching).

Glalie
    -Ice Beam
    -Crunch
    -Spikes/Earthquake
    -Explosion

Glalie isn't very good. In fact, it's quite crappy, but whatever. Ice Beam for STAB, Crunch is the on;y other good Special attacks it learns. You might as well use Spikes since that's the only thing that separates it from other Ice types (except Cloyster, who is an overall much better Pokémon). Although Earthquake is handy for Steel types. And Explosion because Glalie isn't meant to last long anyways, so you might as well take down a tough opponent with you.

'Leafy Wind'
    Grovyle
    Leaf Blade
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Thunderpunch

SubSeeding Sceptile is the best Sceptile for in-game. Breed with Bulbasaur (or Shroomish to Tropius) for Leech Seed. Then you can just Leech Seed something, and Substitute while draining the opponent's health, letting you create even more Substitutes and draining even more health. Attack only when your opponent is at a level where they can be KOed. Thunderpunch for Flyers.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years

'Muk'
    Muk
    Trait: Sticky Hold
    Nature: Careful
    Curse
    Brick Break
    Rest
    Sludge Bomb
    Hyper Beam = Bad Game IMO =(

'Apperition'
    Gengar
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Thunderbolt

Shadow Ball
    ...Yeah, let's go with that.

'Fox Fire'
    Ninetales
    Fire Spin
    Confuse Ray
    Will-O-Wisp
    Flamthrower
    This works fine.

'Elec-Punch'
    Electabuzz
    Fire Punch
    Hidden Power (Grass)

Thunderbolt
    Psychic / Ice Punch
    It's not cool having two of the same type STAB attacks.

'Snow Ball'
    Glalie
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Hyper Beam
    Water Pulse
    Might wanna lose this one for something a little more... durable.

'Leafy Wind'
    Grovyle
    Substitute
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Leech Seed

Leaf Blade
    Also, you should consider evolving this into Sceptile.

You should take out Glalie and add Steelix. Also, IMO, I'd lose Electabuzz for Zapdos.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This team is totally gross, and by that I mean TERRIBLE.
    You could be more like Synch and actually help out, you know. =\

Don't suggest Psychic on Gengar, Iceman.

A) Gengar doesn't get STAB from Psychic
    B) Psychic is not as strong as Thunderbolt or as useful as Ice Punch.
    C) Psychic is only effective against Poison and Fighting, but Gengar already has no trouble against those types.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Don't suggest Psychic on Gengar, Iceman.

A) Gengar doesn't get STAB from Psychic
    B) Psychic is not as strong as Thunderbolt or as useful as Ice Punch.
    C) Psychic is only effective against Poison and Fighting, but Gengar already has no trouble against those types. [/COLOR]

He had Psychic already in there for Gengar. I only suggested with Sub/Punch/Thunderbolt.
    EDIT: But I did mention Psychic for Electabuzz, simply because I couldn't come up with better fillers (besides Substitute, but I didn't put that there since I brought it up twice in the post)

it_landry

Trainer of Water
    Years
    hmm, you all have given me much to consider... thou i feel i should have mentioned from the begining that me and my friends run Lv 50 Battles, and that they are all lvl 50.... so some of the moves i don't think i can get naturally...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

All these moves are either bred-on, TMs, or tutors, and the few lvl moves are all obtainable before Lv. 50.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back