• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    When I figured out friggin' Palmer and his @$£€£@ Milotic appearantly are psychic. First time I got to him, my Metagross was holding a Shell Bell. That time, he just put me to sleep and continued to put my entire team to sleep (WHY IS THERE NO SLEEP CLAUSE IN BATTLE TOWER GRAHHH). The next time I came to him, my Metagross was holding a Chesto Berry. This time, he just kept using Surf.

Stupid game.

Ugghh I know what you mean, I recently faced him for the first time in my Platinum, and he landed hypnosis first try on my last 2 poke's, so frustrating.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    I just got up to battling Cyrus in the distortion world.. and I realize I'm underlevel compared to his Pokemon. So I failed to beat him, and now I have to go through Mt. Coronet again to get back to the distortion world after I train.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I actually ran away from a shiny Palkia, thinking it was a glitch that would destroy my game. I was so annoyed when I found out they were incredibly rare and that this was a legendary as well, I would have destroyed my game then.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    .-. when im trying to train in the trainer cafe and a gym leader has to be an ******* sometimes most of the time and screws up my awesome evil plan! (hypervenatating)

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    When I just sent out a Facade Clefable against a Dusknoir, and got mean looked the first move:C I had to stall it out of pp. Omg so booorrriiiiing!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    When you complete the entire game with a rock-solid team and then on your first runthrough with Cynthia, she wipes out your Garchomp counter. Which is the only Poké with an Ice-type move.

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
    When you complete the entire game with a rock-solid team and then on your first runthrough with Cynthia, she wipes out your Garchomp counter. Which is the only Poké with an Ice-type move.
    I hate Cynthia. My first time at the Elite Four with her I wiped out her pokemon normally and then along came Garchomp...it spammed Giga Impact and killed all of my pokemon (except for one). The last pokemon I had didn't attack since I was using revives on my pokemon. My Drifblim was useful with its Aftermath ability, so I had to send it out, make it faint, send in a pokemon, use a revive on Drifblim, then send out Drifblim and repeat. After that, my Drifblim's happiness was about -20. At least I won.

Oh, and also, one time I was in the battle tower and I was against the last trainer of the round. I KO'd the first two pokemon, but then they sent out a Dusclops. Luckily, my Luxray was out so I was ready to crunch the poop out of it. Instead, it uses Double Team. Miss. Double Team x3, then confuse ray. I missed almost every turn. When I finally got through the Double Teams, my Luxray attacks itself. This repeated for 30 min. I was so relieved at the end when I won with red hp.

Last edited:

BigIce17

Ulimate Trainer
    Years
    When at the last grass patch to leave a grassy area, or cave last step to the exit.... And confusion + paralysis isnt a good thing either....

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I was bored today so I decided to earn some BP's in Battle Tower. Guess who I chose as my partner? Buck. I know.

It was the 7th battle, both of my pokemon fainted, and Buck only had his Umbreon left. He used Double Team all the time even when the stat couldn't go higher.
    After about 25 turns or so of the Mime Jr using the move "copycat" and copying the Double Team, he started to use Last Resort. But it either failed or missed.
    Then he started using Screech, not caring that everytime he does use Screech, it says Mime Jr's ability blocks sound-related attacks (screech, sing etc). I got so mad I shut of my DS and threw it across the room. I was gonna smash it but Mom came home.
    I've had past experiences happen like this to with Buck.

I am never paring up with Buck again. Even if there's a fire or something.
    Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

Years
    Yesterday I was running to Sunyshore and I run into a Shiny Chatot so I sent out my Scyther.. Me being me forgot that I had just deleted False Swipe.. I couldn't do anything because each of my Pokemon were Level 100 and each one could have wiped Chatot out.. I tried throwing about 35 Ultra Balls failed each time.. I got so mad I was ready to destroy my DS.. Then my Sis walks in takes the DS off me takes my game out and sticks her game in..

NInjaboyX

Ninja boy Marcus
    Years
    i got one when stupid fantina spams with her magical leaf move nad KO's my prinplup like heck..... and when i forgot to get one good item in the game and hav to battle all these nooby trainers just to get one stupid ultra ball!!!!!! i mean the dumb @$$ who made that guide should say ULTRA BALL instead of good item i mean WTF! curse u game

A Real True Winner Is Me

A True Winner is Me
    Years
    I had a Pidgeot go against Dialga in Diamond. Pidgeot was my last Pokemon and it was around level 50.

The moment it stepped into the game, it was doing great. It attacked Dialga and hurt it until it was in the red zone. I threw an Ultra ball at it and it didn't get captured. After it said "...it didn't get captured or whatever" it Roar of Time'd me, which sent Pidgeot to its gravely death.

Why MUST YOU DIE PIDGEOT!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    My top three are:

When I lose a Pokemon Contest (can't stand the dancing)
    Losing in the Battle Factory since I get suckish Pokemon
    When my Pokemon hurts themselves in own confusion

:t354:TG

B_button_member

Master Breeder
    Years
    I was annoyed at this but laughed too:

Back in my noob days as a pokemon Saphire player (before Emerald even came out) I had used an Abra to teleport to the pokemon center right when i was in mauville town. I had realized that I had to visit the pokemon center before i used Teleport, after I had teleported all the way back to Dewford. Lol.

WeavySean

Weavile Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Whenever someone uses a accuracy lowering move once on one of my Pokemon. Cause after that, they miss way too many times.

Or how cheap the battle tower gets after a while.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    Well, i was leveling my team, i believe my pokémon were all level 53-56 and i was trying to do that quest with Marley in the foggy area after getting the national dex. At the time i didn't realize that the fog would reduce my accuracy so i didn't take a defogslave, but here's the thing, my Ariados only failed with poison jab, i have no idea why, he was able to hit with all the other moves, but since i needed to level him and i'm leveling one by one instead of using exp shares, i spent there half an hour trying to hit with poison jab (since it was the only move effective against the other trainers) and using full restores every time my hp would go down, then i realized "it's this god damned fog." then i raged and only decided to go through that again 12 hours later with my swellow.

Back