• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Those 'Throw your GBC at the TV' moments.

Tesla SD

Ain't I just a purdy reptile?
    Years
    Had JUST finished the Crystal pokedex after finishing a trade with my brother, then wallop. Power disconects during the trade.

What do you know, we BOTH lost our Lugia and Ho-oh's. I was like......BALLS.

*Tosses GBC out the window and hits the neighbor's mailbox*

Yes, I took my crystal out before that. :/

spann3rman

Lugia is my biatch oh yeah!
    Years
    This was in gold version, i had around 64 ultra balls from what i remember, and 99 great balls. Went after lugia in the whirl islands and ran dry on ultra balls. after another very annoying hour later i caught the twit with great balls and went to save my game...

"SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE P-"

Battery ran out >:O
    I turned it back on "your save file is corrupt"
    OMFG! I headbutt my Gbc and the screen cracks >:B

i wised up after that and now i use the master ball on the Vba hehe take that lugia

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I had all 151 pokemon in Red and then my game, which is super glitchy, randomly decided to die on me. I was mad because I had taken a picture of my completed dex and was going to send it to Nintendo Power, which was printing peoples' names who had beat the game, but I never got to thanks to that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    Mine is when i'm trying to catch a pokemon, and i just can't find it anywhere, or i find it but accidentally kill it :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2009
    Im gonna defeat brock... only one more hit mankey! Come on.... onix... got... a... crit.... oh well, go pikachu! Crit... again? Go... Ratatata! ... c-r-i-t... RAAAAAAAAA

Years
    I tryed to beat Red on Silver while I was on the way home from school, playing on my SP. I beat him, so I put the game in my backpack as we pull in my stop with the credits rolling. when I got inside, I found that my game froze up on the credits. :(

The Red Chain

My brick the GBC moment was indefinitely at the part with that god forsaken Rock Tunnel in RBY.
    I hate that part of the games with a burning passion of a thousand desert suns.
    Worst part was that I was too lazy to get a Flash slave back then, so I made it much harder on myself.. ;;

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    In victory road where the karate dude looks around for a fight. When I was 6, when he saw me I smashed my gameboy at the wall. o.O

PhoenixChild

The returned.>:P
    Years
    Oh yeah, I hate those.

Lil' me: Come on...! I want you in my team Lugia! D: Get inside the ultra ball! This is the 5th one so far!
    *43 ultra balls later..*
    Lil' me: Ugh...I'm about to...Hey, let's use a pokeball.
    *catches Lugia*
    Lil' me: YES!!! YEAH OH YEAH!! Lugia is mine! After all those ultra balls! YES!!
    *Game freezes and turns off itself*
    Lil' me: ...huh? What? No...wait..! O_O
    *Save file deleted.*
    Lil' me: ......AARGHHH!!!! Curse you battery! *throws the GBC onto window sill and starts crying on pillow*

Blaze The Hedgehog

The Flaming Wolf!
    Years
    Probably the most annoying problem I've had Is usually when I save the game. I used to be able to save once and turn the GB off, come back to it a few hours later and find out it didn't save.

To this day I save about 3-4 times before I turn my GB/DS off. Paranoid, huh?

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Probably the most annoying problem I've had Is usually when I save the game. I used to be able to save once and turn the GB off, come back to it a few hours later and find out it didn't save.

To this day I save about 3-4 times before I turn my GB/DS off. Paranoid, huh?

I used to do that, lol. I still did it when I got my GBA, and grew out of it when I got my DS.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    When it went out of battery.
    Always at the most awesome moments.

"Oh you caught a Chansey, did you? Oh. I don't think so."
    "Well, was that a Zapdos? Not anymore, no sir!"
    "Super Awesome Mofo Red? Who's that?"

Seriously.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    In victory road where the karate dude looks around for a fight. When I was 6, when he saw me I smashed my gameboy at the wall. o.O

Interesting...I don't seem to remember that one.

Either way, my biggest I am going to kill this damn machine moment was back in Silver. Being a 7 year old child, I didn't realize that one Feraligatr wasn't enough to beat Lance (even though in the end it was...). I went through it like 50 times...and finally won! Saved and turned the game off (was on vacation and conveniently got to the house right as I won). When I turned it back on...

"Save File is corrupted...clearing memory"

I hate that game even today...

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    All right! A Chansey!
    Whaddya mean it missed!?
    HEY, COME BACK HERE YOU STUPID PINK THING!

Yay! Another Chansey! I'll catch her this time!
    This time I'll use bait!
    WHAT!? YOU STILL RAN AWAY!?

Third time's the charm!
    Hey, let's try a rock this time!
    WHY AM I SO STUPID!? SCREW THIS, I'M GOING TO GLITCH CITY!

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Let's get the E4!
    *owns E4, beats Lance somewhat easily*
    Let's go through Mt. Silver!
    *reaches summit*
    Let's beat Red!
    *sees Red's first Poke*
    Wait.....
    *realizes his team ranges from LVL 40-58 post-E4*
    Oh ****.....
    *gets owned, and really pissed and hurls GB at wall*
    Okay, let's turn it on and try again.....

YOUR SAVE FILE HAS BEEN CORRUPTED.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I was five and playing Pokemon Yellow. I had a level 64 Pikachu and had beaten every Gym except the Viridian City and Saffron City Gyms.

For some reason, I couldn't find the Card Key. Eventually, I started over and saved. Twenty minutes later, I found out how to get the Card Key from a guide.

Bobby Emerald

A voice of reason.
    Years
    I remember the first time I played Pokemon Crystal, I thought that I had gotten stuck permanently in the Olivine City Lighthouse. I just restarted my game and when I got back there I realized there was a way out....then again, this isn't really a "throw your GBC at the TV" moment, since I was better off the second time playing it(pokemon team items, etc.), and just shrugged it off.

Back