• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Thought on bad eggs

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • They are a threat. I would turn off the power as soon as i get and god forbbid that the game automatically save before receiving it.

I read that that wouldn't help anyway. WonderTrade itself saves before you even see what you're getting via trade. Once the screen goes black and you select your Pokemon, the trade internally is done, even if you haven't seen the Pokemon yet.

I had a connection error occur after selecting the Pokemon I wanted to trade off. It was looking for someone to trade with, found someone and my connection timed out. I turned my DS back on and looked in my box and my Pokemon was replaced with a new guy! So once that screen where it shows who you're trading with is gone, you've internally traded that data already, thus turning it off would be of no use :(

I think it's preventive to make sure people use the feature properly and don't just shut the DS off if they don't like what they see / get.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Sounds scary, never had an experience with one in X and Y though, i think I had one in Emerald that hatched into a Totodile, and I was like "YES!"

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I didn't know "bad eggs" existed in X&Y until I read this. Just glad I haven't came across one yet!

Back